PDA

View Full Version : SOOPAR PAUNCH[Dark]

Covalence
02-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey friends, I haven't animated in a while, so I don't know if I've grew the "rust." I was somewhat decent back then, so yeah. But I've been studying some flash animations lately, and viewing those helps me get some better grasps of easing and such...
ANIMATION:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6053/superpunchld9.gif (http://imageshack.us)
I finished, but not how I would've liked to. I think the easing is a bit too abrupt and that the arms are a little stiff. This animation is a lot better than most of the other stuff I do in flash though :\

billster-knight
02-13-2009, 07:57 PM
beginners' thread, i don't like the kick, and especially i didn't like the *PAUNCH*

Covalence
02-13-2009, 07:58 PM
what kick
lol beginner's thread

no

billster-knight
02-13-2009, 08:02 PM
lol beginners' thread

YES

Covalence
02-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Then elaborate some more, why should I go to the beginner's section?
The only critique I got out of your post was the fact that you didn't exactly like any of the movements.

Not bragging or anything, but I see that my grasp on basics is a lot better than the members in the beginner's section.

billster-knight
02-13-2009, 08:10 PM
I know that it's a lot better than you see in the beginners' section because the animations there are choppy stiff and stuff, but you cannot post outside the thread until your INTERZ .

btw your animation is stiff, needs more easing, and it's not about the frames. You can make a smooth animation without much frames.

Covalence
02-13-2009, 08:12 PM
lol ranks
I'm aware people animate in different styles

billster-knight
02-13-2009, 08:13 PM
i know ranks aren't such a big thing in pivot animations lately, but people still follow the rule not to post out the beginners' thread until their awesome enough or interz

Covalence
02-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Yeah, but that's if they're "new" at pivot or SPP. I don't see myself as awesome or "interz," but in general terms, if an animation isn't that bad on the community's eyes, then it should be good enough to stay out of the beginner's section.

billster-knight
02-13-2009, 08:19 PM
community's eyes? wait until eimyz, zawmbee and mod sees this, and i almost forgot rabstar

billster-knight
02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
sorry for double post, then try making a poll about it and let the people judge

Covalence
02-13-2009, 08:38 PM
I find that you're taking this a bit more serious than it has to be.
I understand your thing about the rules and such, but you're making it seem a lot more important than it really is. It's not really that big of a deal.

japanstickninja
02-13-2009, 08:45 PM
the only reason why I tell people to go to the beg thread is because they have to.

I hate posting there and they probably do to.

billster-knight
02-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I find that you're taking this a bit more serious than it has to be.
I understand your thing about the rules and such, but you're making it seem a lot more important than it really is. It's not really that big of a deal.

It is, you can get banned with what you're doing.

Covalence
02-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Besides the fact that mods barely glance at the pivot section, I don't see anything as a major violation. And even if I do get banned, I'll most likely do something else on the internet. It's not that serious

Saline
02-13-2009, 08:56 PM
This thread is making me laugh. Billster, please take into account that Dark's animation is considered a beginner animation, but he himself is not a beginner. A beginner is someone who is starting with the program and is new to it. The "beg" thread is meant for people who are new at the program and are grasping the basic concepts. Dark is most definitely new to the program.

Dark, the build up for the punch is unnatural looking. Try to smooth out the movements and think about the balance of the figure as he brings up his leg.

Covalence
02-13-2009, 09:00 PM
So it's basically awkward looking movements and the involvement of physics?
Now it's time to make things real :| Thanks Saline
i'm not new to pivot >.>

Finished animation, btw:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6053/superpunchld9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Vacuum
02-14-2009, 05:38 AM
Billster, how many times I have to tell you? SHUT THE **** UP.

You fail.

Also, sweet animation. Just it's short, you could try to make a combo out of it.

zawmbee
02-14-2009, 05:52 AM
community's eyes? wait until eimyz, zawmbee and mod sees this, and i almost forgot rabstar
You are so much up our asses, stop trying to gain petty respect by sucking up.
Also, if you are wanting opinions from the community, do not pick the ****ing retards, especially, eimyz and rabstar. You seem to have forgot the actual greats of this section that actually give good criticism, e.g; Powerfuse, Demi, M3D, and alot more i am forgetting.
Seriously, if you want criticism to justify beginner or not, never ask another beginner, it's just stupid.

tl;dr, billster is a faggot.

Saline rapped this thread pretty nicely, good animation, Darkeh. Glad to see you back :3

Covalence
02-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks guys.
It's good to be back. I plan on doing some other stuff besides shorts, so there's going to be more coming.

poppetje3D
02-14-2009, 10:27 AM
but you cannot post outside the thread until your INTERZ .

So...
I cannot post out the beginners section?
:S

Automaton
02-14-2009, 10:31 AM
In that case, billister, neither can YOU

Rombie
02-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys.
It's good to be back. I plan on doing some other stuff besides shorts, so there's going to be more coming.
Stay here, you've obviously pivot'd before, and all blister is is a....blister! ahahahaha!
Make a fight animation, yo!
and SPP's pivot section has gone downhill from a couple years back, so not alot of people are above intermediate anyways, so don't worry about it.
And judging by your post count and join date, it's ludacris to tell you to go to the beginners section.

Vacuum
02-14-2009, 11:56 AM
You are so much up our asses, stop trying to gain petty respect by sucking up.
Also, if you are wanting opinions from the community, do not pick the ****ing retards, especially, eimyz and rabstar. You seem to have forgot the actual greats of this section that actually give good criticism, e.g; Powerfuse, Demi, M3D, and alot more i am forgetting.
Seriously, if you want criticism to justify beginner or not, never ask another beginner, it's just stupid.

tl;dr, billster is a faggot.

Saline rapped this thread pretty nicely, good animation, Darkeh. Glad to see you back :3

Quoted for truth.

Covalence
02-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Stay here, you've obviously pivot'd before, and all blister is is a....blister! ahahahaha!
Make a fight animation, yo!
and SPP's pivot section has gone downhill from a couple years back, so not alot of people are above intermediate anyways, so don't worry about it.
And judging by your post count and join date, it's ludacris to tell you to go to the beginners section.
Yeah, I was planning to stay when I had the idea of making the animation in my head in the first place. It's great to know that there's some people who know what they're talking about, especially because of the recent drop of intelligence in the pivot section.

billster-knight
02-16-2009, 09:07 PM
In that case, billister, neither can YOU

I KNOW k?

have you seen me posting outside the beginners' thread? i dont think so.

zawmbee
02-17-2009, 05:43 AM
I KNOW k?

have you seen me posting outside the beginners' thread? i dont think so.
Yes .

The Kraken
02-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Billster, you post stks like this is droidz or something and you suck greased up balls at arguments.
By the way, Zawmbee, I love the sig

Flood
02-17-2009, 07:18 PM
**** you billister.

Now about the anim, I've seen better from you, it needs more frames and the build up is awkward. But it was really smooth after the punch is over (judging from your update of the animation.)

Blaxo
02-17-2009, 08:42 PM
the kick was weird but i liked the *PAUNCH*

Phosphorus
02-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Gahahaha.

I really can't tell you guys how much I laughed after reading this thread. Nice animation dude, although I can't really say anything about ti that hasn't already been said. I might try animating again after watching this.

EDIT: Also, INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE.

http://stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95214
http://stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95228
http://stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94277