PDA

View Full Version : Where?

gdizzy15
02-14-2009, 02:10 PM
I was gonna post my animation in the beginners thread but it was closed so here is where im gonna post my two new ones.
Constructive criticism please!

http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=78171
The one above I credit Google Images for the various scenes and settings(The gunshot holes I actually drew. but i looked up a tutorial)
I know its repetitive at first but its good.
Im sorry about the music looping too. Just exit out of it after the credits are done.

http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=203775

Mesmay
02-14-2009, 02:18 PM
okay. im gonna be nice :3

i advise you try animating with the brush tool rather than the line tool. try some new stuff, get good at the basics first before you try cinematics or theyll just look bad. Try a flat-angle, one on one fight and try and do all of it frame by frame. eg everytime they move, delete the stick and redraw it entirely, dont get lazy and just erase an arm or leg and draw it back in a different position, it looks bad and sucks, because whenever someone moves an arm or leg they rest of them moves too. Just give it a go, remember to use layers correctly and such, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP AWAY FROM THE GRADIENT FILLS

try, try again.

gdizzy15
02-15-2009, 02:57 PM
okay. im gonna be nice :3

i advise you try animating with the brush tool rather than the line tool. try some new stuff, get good at the basics first before you try cinematics or theyll just look bad. Try a flat-angle, one on one fight and try and do all of it frame by frame. eg everytime they move, delete the stick and redraw it entirely, dont get lazy and just erase an arm or leg and draw it back in a different position, it looks bad and sucks, because whenever someone moves an arm or leg they rest of them moves too. Just give it a go, remember to use layers correctly and such, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP AWAY FROM THE GRADIENT FILLS

try, try again.

Ok thanks. Where are your animations? I wanna see an example.

gdizzy15
02-15-2009, 03:29 PM
The reason I use the line tool is that you get a smoother effect than with the regular ol' paint brush. but I will try you methods and see what I can do. And what do you mean by cinematic effects? Are you talking about when he's running?

And its perfectly fine if you dont wanna be nice.
I crave criticism.

Cizzil
02-15-2009, 03:42 PM
The reason I use the line tool is that you get a smoother effect than with the regular ol' paint brush. but I will try you methods and see what I can do. And what do you mean by cinematic effects? Are you talking about when he's running?

And its perfectly fine if you dont wanna be nice.
I crave criticism.

Okay then i won't feel bad saying this.

First off, don't be gay and double post unless its been a couple days.
Second, line tool looks terrible unless your an expirienced animator
third, Look up tutorials
fourth, do tests before you make something like that
fifth, Don't give up.

Arch-Angel
02-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Make something longer than like, 18 frames.

Bongoe
02-15-2009, 05:52 PM
The first one was an OK loop. You will learn yourself how to fix the drawings and gun and shooting with practise. Just watch other's animations frame by frame. The sound effects were a tad loud also.
The second you need to work on the perspective. The wall was made from an angle, but the man was just shooting horizontally. Keep practicing.