PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Short Story Contest

Schwa
02-15-2009, 12:44 AM
So, seeing as Mod has posted a bunch of pretty interesting short stories about zombies I think we should have sort of a zombie short story contest.

Sounds like a good idea?

Yeah I thought so to.

Gist: Write Zombie Short story, make it gud, other people decide which one is the bestest. Get pride. Post them in this thread I guess.

His feet were tired, they were sore, rough raw. Of course it wasn't just his feet, his entire body was aching, he hadn't rested in such a long time. He and his friends had joked about this before, probably at school, what they would do, why it would be fun and why it wouldn't be; but none of that mattered. He had never thought anything could hurt so much, of course, he could never have imagined it could happen.

He had been skeptical at first, maybe he was a believer now, but for now his thoughts were too dazed for him to really consider what he believed. He hadn't prayed to God, he couldn't think of the words, he hadn't had the time, he didn't know who God was. What did it matter about theological existence anyways when his terrestrial existence was so fragile?

His eyes were so tired, he felt like closing them, lying on the ground and waiting for the minions of death to take him. These were not the romantic notions of some socially estranged poet, greedily and selfishly contemplating the solace of death; these were the irrational and squalid ideas of a child who had witnessed the end, feared it, and saw in it his definite end. A child tired of being at play of being a man, a child who needed a mothers hug, a child who's mother would never again hug him.

He might have noticed the ragged conditions of his clothes had he still had the care, maybe he would have felt the tears with his hands had they still had feeling in them. Maybe in a simpler time he would have quietly noted the brilliance of the setting sun, and hidden the thought away as too romantic for a practical male offspring. His eyes were too salty anyways, dried tears had blurred his vision.

Practicality spoke that he had to remain alert, that's how he'd always sold it to his friends. To survive you had to stay alert and moving, if you were moving they couldn't get you, or they were less likely too anyways. He tried to wipe the tiredness from his eyes but all he managed to do was get blood on his brow and in his eyes, it burned. But he didn't care anymore. He had watched them, death, horror itself crash through their doors, their windows. They had been asleep, you would have expected an advance warning even in this backwater town, the government couldn't really be that incompetent, could it? They had been asleep and they had come. There were screams as they were torn from their beds, and terrible terrible sounds as they were dismembered and disembowled by hungry teeth and reaching hands. He had been lucky enough to escape, the only one, he was the only one who had been too cowardly to try and save them, his mother, his father, his brother, where in the Bible does God warrant cowardice?

He knew he couldn't have saved them, he would have died just like them, he tried to console himself with this, he was alive, and if was alive so were others, they could survive. But he didn't want to survive, he wanted to die. He had spent the morning and the afternoon walking, running, staring death in the face and seeing it in the shadows. His day had been punctuated by gunshots and screams. Terrible, horrible screams. His stomach churned at the memory, but he had long-ago expelled any substance in his system so there was no danger. Screams that would haunt him till the end of his days, which, in a strangely heart warming way, he knew would be soon.

Unexpectedly, randomly he failed to find firm ground with his tired feet. He fell on the sharp blacktop, cutting a long gash along his forearm. He couldn't help it, he knew he had to be quiet, but he couldn't help it, he screamed out. He bit his lip until it bled, to stop the screaming. All of that talk about dying and he realized that it was in his nature to live, to want to live. And now he was afraid. Fear exists only as the fear of death, which is really only the fear of not knowing and he didn't know, and he didn't want to know.

The evening had long been silent, he had escaped the city limits hours ago, but he knew he was not safe. He knew they had heard him, that they were coming. Suddenly invigorated with a strong will to survive he looked around hastily, there had to be something he could use, something to preserve the one thing he had left to treasure.

It appeared as if there had been a wreck in the very recent past. There was a trail of oil toward the side of the road, and some some bent metal rods that looked like they snapped off of the wheel of the car. And there was the car, wrapped around a thick tree. It smelled vaguely of smoke. From where he was standing there was blood spattered on the seats of the car, all over, everywhere, but there was no corpse. Perhaps his end was to come sooner than he had hoped.

He reached down and picked up the metal rod, it was heavy in his hands, greasy, ridiculous. He couldn't fight, he was just a stupid kid. He skirted the car, after that, he wasn't going to tempt death when it stalked him so closely. Somehow he managed to avoid falling into listlessness, as before, though his brain was strained, his head ached, his muscles yearned for rest and nourishment and his forearm throbbed.

It took it at least ten minutes to appear after he heard its blood curdling moan. He couldn't run, he didn't have the energy, he was going to make his stand here, now, and for all time. This was the end, he knew it, but it wasn't the end he wanted, and, like all of mankind before him, he was going to fight against unreasonable circumstances to perpetuate his existence to a level that was acceptable to him, which it, of course, would never be.

He wasn't so foolhardy as to run at it. He stood still, fashioned he hoped, like a knight of yore, waiting for it to slowly lumber to him. He was terrified, he was tired, he felt like a hero, he felt like a victim, he didn't know how he felt, he felt like death.

He could see the grotesque flow of its musculature, as it flowed between the ripped, yellow, dirty skin. It's clothes were torn, coagulated blood attempted to seal them. Glass rent its body, its face mangled beyond recognition. It had been human, but he could hardly believe it, whatever it had been now it was just a soulless machination of evil. Of course it wasn't evil that created this, but the lack of pure intervention, the absence of a careful conscientious righteous observer to save its pious devotees.

It lumbered at him, no feeling in it's placid eyes, like a wax mannequin, emanating guttural calls from it's decrepit throat. It lunged, it's ragged fingers grasping the air around him. It would take down its throat, it would destroy its prey and create new life, un-life, a life of death, a life of not knowing. He swung his axle, striking the monster in the side, it stumbled to the side, some basic human physiological processes remaining, and righted itself.

It lunged again, he swung again. The sharp edge of the bent metal connected with it's neck, rending the flesh. No blood poured forth from the wound, the monsters head hung lamely, it's vertebret protruding from it's neck. Its jaw unhinged it moaned again, again it lunged. Again he swung, hitting it time in the head. The muscle and skin on its neck stretched and tore, its skull, fractured, protruded from it's torn skin, but it was still coming. Interminable.

One more time it lunged, and this was the end. It's strong hands grabbed his arm while it's teeth engraved themselves into his abdomen. He didn't feel it. He kicked out, knocking the monster from himself. He swung again, and again, and again, throwing all of his muscle behind every hit. Tendons and muscles snapped, finally its neck fractured, and it fell, pathetic to the ground; its head still writhing, trying to attack him again. But it couldn't it couldn't move. And he couldn't move.

There was his blood, soaking his shirt, there was his life spilling out onto the concrete and all he had left to do was wait for the sweet embrace of death. Maybe there was consciousness in death, or maybe in undeath. The sun was nearly set, its radiance illuminating the clouds a brilliant red. Not blood red. A beautiful red, a ruby red, it was just...beautiful.

The head kept moaning, calling to it's conspirators in death, it's competitors. He heard them before he saw them, rustling and moaning in the forest by the road. There were no tears, there was no fear. He knew he was going to die. He knew what was going to come, that was death, and freedom from life and pain.

They didn't even stop to appraise their easily caught prey, he didn't appraise them either, his vision now limited by grit and pain. They fell on him like animals, their fingers and teeth digging through his abdomen. And in his last words there were no screams, no final quotable last words, just a sigh, to be carried away and hidden in the wind. All of his effects and his works hidden in one indecipherable sigh, carried away by nature, to heard by the ears of none, to effect none, and to carry on no legacy.

I guess this is mine. :/ Comments. It's 11 o clock so its probably pretty bad for a sudden whim to write a zombie story, but whatever.

alive
02-19-2009, 01:27 AM
Scratching backs.

I thought it was great. I loved how you consistently used repetition throughout the story for emphasis, it gave it a really good atmosphere. The best entry so far!

Ash
02-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Haha, I could never hope to beat your vivid storytelling, but I'll give it a try.

doog
02-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Hmmm, I think I may put something in this thread tonight or tomorrow.

Schwa
02-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Haha, I could never hope to beat your vivid storytelling, but I'll give it a try.

I don't whether to take this at face value or not.

Probably because I am insecure.

<.<

Edit* I just realized how many typos there are. That's what I get for trying to type a story at night. :[

Zed
02-19-2009, 04:47 PM
I'll give it a go. Do you want us to post them here?

doog
02-19-2009, 04:48 PM

<.<

Edit* I just realized how many typos there are. That's what I get for trying to type a story at night. :[

Do we get one of those little prize things for our sigs? I've always wanted one O.o

Ash
02-19-2009, 05:08 PM

<.<

It's not sarcasm, if that's what you mean. I was being serious. But I'll try. I'm more of a story person than an emotion person when it comes to writing.

Zed
02-19-2009, 05:40 PM
OK well here's my entry. Let me know if you don't want it here and I'll edit it out of the post. I wanted to try and do something slightly diferant and unusual. I hope it worked.

He was awake. There was a deeper darkness before his eyes than he had ever seen before but he was definitely awake. Wasn’t it Plato who had said “I think therefore I am”? Or was it Descartes? He always got those two mixed up. But he was definitely thinking. That was strange. He could have sworn they had been on top of him just moments before, their teeth and nails cutting into him as he tried in vain to kick them away. He had been foolish enough to look back as he ran and had tripped over a body lying in the street. He had been certain his fate was sealed, but he seemed ok.

Then the pain hit him. It was like thousands, no, millions of ice cold needles piercing his skin. It was like nothing he had ever felt before, beyond what he imagined possible. He tried to move but the pain just intensified and his muscles fought against him. He gave up and it seemed to subside as he relaxed. Then his eyes opened. The light seemed so bright he felt sure it should have blinded him but his eyes quickly adjusted. As everything came into focus he saw that what had seemed bright compared to the utter darkness he had been in was only the moon, full and bright, certainly, but no more than he had stared into many a night before. It was comforting to see it, even after all of this, unaffected, unchanging. He tried to lift his head and look around but the pain just came back again, even worse than before, and his head remained motionless as ever.

Suddenly, as if driven by some unknown force, he sat up. He hadn’t tried to – he had completely relaxed to try and alleviate the pain – but he was nevertheless, sitting. Where before had been the night sky now he could see the buildings and streets of inner-city London ahead of him. He could see a mother clutching her child in front of him, huddled up in a corner with a look of abject terror on her face. She looked young, maybe twenty five, although this past week had not been good to her, with long, brown hair, tangled and greasy from several days of running without the chance to wash or rest. Her face was dirty and her baby was wrapped in a dishevelled old ag which may, at one time, have been a blanket. He tried to open his mouth to tell her it was ok, that they had gone and she was safe for the moment, but he couldn’t. The same force that had made him sit up seemed to be holding his mouth firmly shut.

Then his arms shot out in front of him and pushed on the ground as his body went to stand. He saw a huge chunk missing from his left forearm; surely no one could suffer an injury like that and not bleed to death? The ground he had been lying on passed by his vision for a few seconds and he saw the huge pool of dark red blood he had been in. Was that all his? Could one person have that much blood in them? Now that he concentrated he could feel that he was missing other bits as well, a sizable part of his throat for one thing, and if he had been able he would have puked at the fact that that wasn’t the worst bit.

His body started to lurch forward – his arms out in front of him to maintain a shaky balance – and realisation dawned. He was one of them! The things had turned him and there was nothing he could do! The woman with the baby was scrabbling back – trying to get even further into the corner – but there was nowhere left to go. Her baby started to cry. Oh God no, he thought. This can’t be happening. He tried to resist, to stop the slow, inevitable steps taking him closer to the helpless woman, but to no avail. The pain seared through his body like the flesh was being stripped, piece by piece, and the petrified whimpers of the woman and the screams of her baby ate into his mind. Please don’t let this happen, he prayed but there was no answer. She lashed out and tried to hit him but with surprising speed his hand caught her arm as it came towards him. I’m so sorry, he tried to say as his teeth sank deep into it, causing blood to drip down his face and adding to his already soaked clothes. The child screamed louder as its mother collapsed and he saw his hands reaching for it. He watched with horror through what were once his eyes as the defenceless child was torn apart and devoured. Warm blood spattered into his face. An intestine draped from his mouth before he slurped it up like spagetti. He saved the heart until last, savouring it like a fine dessert.

He felt like a monster. He was a monster. He was a thing out of nightmares and horror films. He had just eaten a child. Could there be anything worse? Surely he was now the lowest of the low – an uncontrollable, mindless animal. He wanted nothing more than for it to all be over, for someone to come around the corner and blow his head of with a shotgun – like they always had in the films – but this was not a film. There were no heroes to fight the zombies that had risen up from the cemeteries; there was no one to end his pain. This thought was sinking him even further into despair when something on the edge of his vision attracted his attention.

It was the body of the woman he had just attacked. It was moving. Its eyes were open and it was sitting up – just like he had. Hitting him like a freight train came the realisation that he had done something worse already. At least the child would suffer no more, but her troubles were just beginning. At least someone else will share my misery, he thought. No, said another part of him, we can’t start to think like this; while you’re sorry you’re not evil – it’s just this thing controlling you. If you accept it it’s won.

The woman was standing now and together they began to lurch down the dark street. The street lights had long gone out. When the crisis started just over a week ago everyone had panicked and fled, just trying to find somewhere safe to hide. The power stations had shut down leaving people with no way to communicate and shrouding cities in darkness during the night for the first time in decades. He could see a little by the light of the moon but there wasn’t much he wanted to look at. Everywhere there were pools of blood and the occasional body where armed police officers had tried to fight the things and got lucky. There was grafiti everywhere; windows were boarded up and almost every building had been broken into, either by looters or by zombies trying to feed of the people hiding inside.

As they moved on more zombies joined them from side alleys. The things seemed to have a natural instinct to form a hoard and seek out life wherever it remained. They turned a corner and he could see a much larger group of the things ahead of him. They were all pushing against the doors and windows of a large, boarded up building – maybe a hospital or a school – with light flickering through gaps in the boards. It looked like there was another group trying to survive as long as possible by trapping themselves in. He had done that for the first few days but had gotten out when he decided that if the zombies did break in he would have no chance of escape. Looking back now with hindsight it might have been better if he had lain low. On the other hand, maybe not. He would never know.

Now he was in the mob, pushing forward with the rest, adding to the huge force that must, by now, be beginning to break that door. A figure, proably a man, appeared on the roof with a bottle. There was a rag stuffed into the top of it and he had lit the end. The bottle flew through the air and landed right in the middle of the throng of zombies, bursting and engulfing the things near it with a fireball which would leave them burning and eventually fry their brains. Now that he looked he could see several rings of scorched corpses on the floor from earlier skirmishes. They were the lucky ones, he thought.

With a splintering crash the doorway suddenly collapsed under the weight of more and more undead coming up behind. The first few zombies lost their balance and were crushed by others trying to get to the fresh meat. Another fireball flashed out of the doorway, lighting the zombie just in front of him but missing him by inches. Damn, so close, he thought but his body wouldn’t let him get close enough to light himself up. Now he was the furthest forward of the zombies and was lurching forward to get through the door to the sweet human flesh that awaited. Try to fight it, thought his inner self, but even if he could have regained control he couldn’t have fought the tide pushing him forward into the building.

There was a staircase in front of him and he could hear footsteps on the floor above him. He went towards it and started to climb. There was a door at the top of the stairs but it didn’t look as though it had been reinforced. He could hear a heart beating quickly behind it now, the adrenaline was pumping through what had once been his body, the zombie in him could smell the fear and was exited at the prospect of feeding again. He got to the top of the stairs and hammered once on the door which broke inwards. There was a young girl just behind it, rooted to the spot in terror and he leaped at her, knocking her to the ground. No! Not another one, he thought as he tried to pull himself back but once again the pain seared through him and he could see he was moving in to bite. Two clicks made him look up. Two barrels were inches from his face and the man he had seen earlier was behind them. There was an explosion. Thank you, he thought, as the darkness closed in for a second time.

Schwa
02-19-2009, 05:48 PM
OK well here's my entry. Let me know if you don't want it here and I'll edit it out of the post. I wanted to try and do something slightly diferant and unusual. I hope it worked.

That was unique in a cool way.

I guess once everyone posts their stories I'll make a poll with links to all the posts.

Maybe I'll get around to making a photoshop award, unless anyone else wants to.

Also, you can go back and edit your entries as much as you want before I make the final poll thread.

Ash
02-19-2009, 06:20 PM
That was pretty good, Zed. Great job!

Zed
02-20-2009, 02:59 AM
Thanks. I apreciate the positive feedback. That's the first time I've shown anything I've written to more than a few friends and family (not inclding "creative writing" stuff we have to do in English lessons)

Beefy
02-20-2009, 12:00 PM
im gonna post my story, a variant of my main one EXCELSIOR, but a quick grammatical question, do you ALWAYS have to put a period at the end of a quote? IE
"Yeah, i dont like him either." or
"Yeah, i dont like him either"

Zed
02-20-2009, 12:05 PM
It took me a while to work out what you were trying to ask. Language barriers between the US and Britain can cause quite a bit of confusion. Assuming you're reffering to the little dot that signafies the end of a sentance and not a specific time of month for women, I don't think so. I've definitely seen some quotes just finished with a comma. My story didn't even use quotation marks so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Incidently I've added a bit more description to mine in places because it looked a little dry, mostly around the woman with the baby. Does anyone know if Schwa is banned permanantly or if he'll be back to continue this.

alive
02-20-2009, 12:07 PM
im gonna post my story, a variant of my main one EXCELSIOR, but a quick grammatical question, do you ALWAYS have to put a period at the end of a quote? IE
"Yeah, i dont like him either." or
"Yeah, i dont like him either"

In that context, you always have to end with a period. If you add "he said" after though (or any other variation), you use a comma. Example:

"Yeah, I don't like him either," bob said.

Zed
02-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Anyone know if Schwa is banned permanantly and whether this is still going to happen if he is?

Ash
02-20-2009, 12:48 PM
If not, then I can take the helm. After all, I'm the zombie guy here.

Beefy
02-20-2009, 12:49 PM
what if the character says a full paragraph or info, followed by an action?
and Shwa will prob. be back, but not for a while.

Beefy
02-20-2009, 01:06 PM
hey guys, when u read this, please don't flame beause it includes something christian. here it is. (so far)

James was on his feet, and looked out into the horizon. He was clicking the safety on and off his rifle to pass the time. Everybody was scared out of their minds from the “mutants” that were once marines. All that “ELITE” special program could kiss his ass, he didn’t care. The ELITES were injected with a “virus” that would duplicate the white blood cells in their body, and would make them “immortal”. Wrong choice. After they were diagnosed with an adaptation that mutated them into violent beasts, they were put on parole. This mutation had accelerated their heart rate incredibly, and had made their metabolism 12 times stronger. How it happened, James doesn’t know, but all he knows is that they were “put down” by the black ops. They didn’t die. Their bodies still carried the virus even though they were dead.
James put out his cigarette and put his mask back on, the sergeant was coming.
“Alright pisswads, what the hell’s going on?” shouted the sergeant.
“Nothing sir, I swear to God we weren’t-” Pvt. Pilla was saying, before the sergeant’s arm flew into his face. Pilla stepped back and took off his mask, he was vomiting blood.
“Bastard”
The sergeant punched Pilla in the face again to reassert his authority, and left. Pilla wiped the blood off his face and opened his first-aid kit. Even though the wound wasn’t even bad enough to use one, he still stuck it to his cheek to stop the pain.
“I hate that guy, you know, the sarge” said Pilla, obviously to James.
“Yeah, he’s a faggot.”
“Exactly, I have a feeling you’ll fit right in.”
“Thanks man, you know, I’m, I’m scared man, and I’m losing it, all the dead people, all the crazy shit going on right now, I’m scared man! It isn’t cool anymore! I think that sometimes I just kill myself, end this, you know.” Said James, crying and sobbing madly, he looked at Pilla, and he was crying too.
Pilla reached into his pocket and produced a bible. With shaky hands he opened up to a random page, and read:
"Do not be angry, my lord," Aaron answered. "You know how prone these people are to evil.” He closed the sacred book and said, “Exodus 32:22”
Then they both cried throughout the night.

A bell woke them up, and they immediately heard gunshots. The zombies were there, on their doorstep. James looked over the edge, and saw zombies pounding into the wall below them.
“Go! Go! Go! Get to the wall men! We got some zombies to kill!” screamed a sergeant, somewhere in the fray.
“Oh God, are the zombies here already?” asked James in terror.
“I think they are, do you have a gun? Grenades? Ammo?”
“I got some ammo for an M-40 and the rifle, but that’s about it.”
“Alright, come this way,” said Pilla, shooting over the short wall above the edge at the horde of the undead.

and thats about it so far

Ash
02-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Meh. It's alright, but it's really generic.

Beefy
02-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Meh. It's alright, but it's really generic.
thanks for the critisism, but what do u think was wrong with it?

Ash
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Err... Should I just quote it and use bold text to point out the problems?

Beefy
02-20-2009, 01:30 PM
if you have the time, but im fine if you just tell me what was wrong, because i am actually working on a book, not on this, but i use the same style. and if my style's messed, i would love to know. thanks man.

nightwatch
02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Zombies attack the city,and eat your BRAINS(Ca$h Optional)!

Beefy
02-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Zombies attack the city,and eat your BRAINS(Ca$h Optional)!
wtf?... i smell a ban...

Zed
02-20-2009, 01:52 PM
The sergeant punched Pilla in the face again to reassert his authority, and left. Pilla wiped the blood off his face and opened his first-aid kit. Even though the wound wasn’t even bad enough to use one, he still stuck it to his cheek to stop the pain.

Just one point; what exactly did he stick to his cheek? The entire first aid kit? Hilarious as the imagery is I suspect it's not what you meant.

Also, I think a little more description might be good. Day or night? City or countryside? That sort of thing.

It sounds like it will have good action and may make a good film but it could do with some filler.

Beefy
02-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Just one point; what exactly did he stick to his cheek? The entire first aid kit? Hilarious as the imagery is I suspect it's not what you meant.

Also, I think a little more description might be good. Day or night? City or countryside? That sort of thing.

It sounds like it will have good action and may make a good film but it could do with some filler.

i meant that he was so arrogant that he would use the entire first-aid kit on himself. thank you for the comments, i meant it so that the area and scenery would develop as the story went along. if u want ill include a section from my REAL book in here. its 11:30 PM here, so im turning myself in. please comment. and zed, ur story was probably the best.

Ash
02-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Zed brings up a good point. Your story might make a good film script. You should consider writing it as one.

(Just remember, scripts only have dialogue and general actions, it's up to the director of a film to put camera and stage directions, music cues, etc. in the film, so don't try and add those)

Beefy
02-20-2009, 09:53 PM
thanks, i finished the second half:

A bell woke them up, and they immediately heard gunshots. The zombies were there, on their doorstep. James looked over the edge, and saw zombies pounding into the wall below them.
“Go! Go! Go! Get to the wall men! We got some zombies to kill!” screamed a sergeant, somewhere in the fray.
“Oh God, are the zombies here already?” asked James in terror.
“I think they are, do you have a gun? Grenades? Ammo?”
“I got some ammo for an M-40 and the rifle, but that’s about it.”
“Alright, come this way,” said Pilla, shooting over the short wall above the edge at the horde of the undead.
They rushed down the granite stairs to the lower level, where marines were running about, looking for a good spot. They got to the lower level to get grenades, but Pilla was no longer at James’ side. He looked back and saw Pilla on the ground, shaking like mad.
“Pilla! Are you alright!?” shouted James, but he was too late. The sarge was right above him, with an M-40. James wanted to shout, but he knew what had happened. When Pilla took off his mask, he got infected by the parasite in the air, but James wasn’t, or was he? The sarge pulled the trigger, and blew off Pilla’s face right off his shoulders. His headless body flopped to the ground, and was shot again and again by the sergeant, who wasted an entire clip of armor-piercing bullets on Pilla. James was too involved in the moment of his friend’s death to realize that the zombies had broken through.
The zombies actually inherit the intelligence of their victims, so most of them knew how to operate a rifle, or make a bomb. Bullets flew through the air as James looked around in sheer terror. He fired his rifle into the mist of death and blood, and ended up killing one of his own guys. He felt something warm in his pants, and noticed that he had pissed himself in fear. He ran back for his life, but couldn’t. his legs were planted in the ground, and he suddenly felt calm. James looked at his chest and saw blood spurting out in surges. He covered it up with his hand, but there was too much of it. his arms were beginning to go pale, and James looked out, over the horde, into the sub-Saharan field. He was shocked by how beautiful it was. He slipped to his knees, and fell over, dead.

commentz please? im writing a new draft with new everything.

Justherefortheliterature
02-21-2009, 12:06 AM
MoD approves of this thread.

Beefy
02-21-2009, 08:48 AM
MoD approves of this thread.

this is MoD isnt it...

Zed
02-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Couple of comments.

You've written "The sergeant blew off his face off", that's just a minor grammatical point.

The second bit is I think you should introduce the bit about zombies inheriting inteligence a bit earlier, otherwise it might sound like you were just changing the specifications as they are required.

Apart from that it looks pretty good.

Ash
02-21-2009, 11:07 AM
The sun is high in the sky and I am enjoying my morning coffee several hours too late. A few sharp knocks sound through my house. I sigh, take one last sip of my coffee, set down my book, and slowly rise from my armchair as more knocks come from the door. They're the kind of knocks that boom just loud enough, but not too often, that you know they belong to a police officer. I unlock the door, yawn, and open the door. I'm greeted by the sight of Sheriff Tom Willits looking straight into my eyes. I open the screen door just enough to stretch my head out.

"Good morning, Tom", I offer.

"Morning? It's 2 in the afternoon, son! You just wake up?" Tom gives me an unapproving look and furrows his brow and mustache.

I step out into the biting cold and reply.
"About an hour ago, yeah. I was drinking some coffee."

"Uh huh. Well, we received a report of gunshots fired last night, just a half mile up the road. We talked to Bill Tucker just an hour ago, and he said that he saw a man stumbling away from Mrs. Wall's house just last night. Said he looked drunk. You know anything about that?"

"No," I replied. "I don't drink anymore, you know that, Tom."

"I know, and I'm not saying it was you. But you are the only one who matches the description. Tall, dark brown hair, and a flannel shirt."

I looked down at my chest. I knew I should have changed clothes this morning.

"And there's something else, Kent. Mrs. Wall. She was found dead in her house. Looked like she had been... Eaten. Have you been takin' any drugs recently? Crack, Shrooms?" Tom craned his neck to look at my eyes.

"No, Tom, you know I don't do that stuff. Look, doesn't she have a dog? Maybe its rabid." I brushed his hand off my chin as he tried to turn my head to get a better look at my eyes.

"Well, yeah, and that's the first thing we checked for, but that's just it: the dog was eaten too. Had its throat torn right out. And what's more... we know that they were bites from human teeth." Tom hung his head.

I leaned against my door as a cold chill ran down my spine.

"Look, Kent, I know this is hard, but you're the only person that lives anywhere near here. Bill Tucker was just driving through to see his Aunt when he heard the shots. He called in, and we came to investigate. I didn't want to call you in for questioning yet, because I didn't like the idea of even considering that you did such a thing, but now I have no choice. I'm going to have to take you to the station for questioning. I'm sorry. You know your Miranda rights, so I'll spare you that much."

Not wanting to cause any trouble, I held my hands out to be handcuffed.

"No, Kent, you know the rules. Turn around."

"Aww, come on. Can't I at least finish my coffee?"

Tom looked at me, the handcuffs dangling loosely on his forefinger.

"Okay, go grab it. I truly don't think you're responsible, but we've still gotta ask you some questions."

I ran back into the house. My coffee had grown cold. I poured a new cup, added cream and sugar, then left the house. Tom walked close behind me as I stepped up to his police car, and he opened the door to allow me into the back seat.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Zed
02-21-2009, 12:32 PM
That's good. The only nit-pickingly small thing I could comment on is that the word "still" is used twice in the same sentance in that last bit of speech. It doesn't quite sound right to me.

Ash
02-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Okay, I fixed it.

Zed
02-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Ok now I'm doomed. If yours is going where I think it's going I don't even have the unique angle on it any more.

Ash
02-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Don't worry, he won't be a zombie.

Zed
02-22-2009, 06:40 AM
Oooh. Now I'm intrigued. I might even change my displayed mood apropriately.

Edit: Pensive and confused are the closest I can get.

Beefy
02-22-2009, 09:35 AM
dude, this thread rocks. a quick question, can my story not nessesarily be about zombies? my story im writing now is about an infection that infects ROBOTS. but if u let me post it, i swear it'll be epic.

Zed
02-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Well if the robots become zombie-like it could work. I won't complain, and it sounds cool too. Zombie-robots. Or robotic-zombies.

Seems a shame to waste the stuff you already did though.

Beefy
02-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Well if the robots become zombie-like it could work. I won't complain, and it sounds cool too. Zombie-robots. Or robotic-zombies.

Seems a shame to waste the stuff you already did though.

such is the art of the artist.

anyways, what im planning is that the "conduit" which is the first robot ever created, goes homicidal. the conduit was worked on for decades, until it was "human". unfortunately, only one could be made. this machine was fully an AI, with the mind of a child, so that it wouldn't act like an adult and rebel. as long as it acted like a child, it needed parents, the scientists. but it was thinking too fast. it felt opressed, so it escaped. it modified itself until it was a lone spire in the desert, absorbing the sun. it then created a virus that transmitted itself much like a cold, but with machines. the mariines tried to stop it from spreading, but advanced equipment was crippled. the desert showed up as "non-existant" on the nuclear radar. the UN placed soldiers around africa, and the story im writing is about a privte
named James (Familiar?) placed at a mosque in Nairobi, where the entire city has been leveled when it was attacked by the mechs. the mosque was among the few buildings that remained unscathed. strange. people live in the wrekage, coming to the mosque for food and worship. until it gets attacked. EPIC BATTLE. i have some render pics if u want them

Zed
02-22-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure. It sounds like it will make a good story but I'm worried about whether it will be a "short" story per se. Plus the zombie connection is tennuous at best. I'll leave this up to Ash and Schwa.

Beefy
02-22-2009, 11:06 AM
well, the "story" is just the outpost getting attacked

doog
02-22-2009, 11:16 AM
man, school work is keeping me from finishing my story... hopefully I will post it by Tuesday though >.<

Ash
02-22-2009, 11:17 AM
I don't know... The whole point of using zombies, the reason they're such a popular monster, is that they are weak individually, but since every time they attack someone, they add to their numbers, resulting in massive hoardes. That story is in no way a zombie story.

Beefy
02-22-2009, 11:18 AM
its sunday night, im screwwed

Zed
02-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Don't worry. No time-limit's been set, I suspect you have at least another week. I churned mine out in a couple of hours although it's not brilliant. I'm still adding stuff and editing but once you get into the flow of it you'll be fine.

Beefy
02-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Don't worry. No time-limit's been set, I suspect you have at least another week. I churned mine out in a couple of hours although it's not brilliant. I'm still adding stuff and editing but once you get into the flow of it you'll be fine.

have you heard of ADD? once i start something, i have to finish it immediatley, or i lose interest

Schwa
02-22-2009, 12:22 PM
dude, this thread rocks. a quick question, can my story not nessesarily be about zombies? my story im writing now is about an infection that infects ROBOTS. but if u let me post it, i swear it'll be epic.

We'll see. I can see how the machines would function as zombies but its not the same if it doesn't actually eat people and turn them into zombies. :/

However it does sound interesting so I'll give you a chance.

Beefy
02-22-2009, 01:18 PM
We'll see. I can see how the machines would function as zombies but its not the same if it doesn't actually eat people and turn them into zombies. :/

However it does sound interesting so I'll give you a chance.

actually, they don't eat you, they tear you apart while your still alive and tear out your heart, which they use to power their machines, and feed the conduit, making him more powerful. creepy.

Zed
02-22-2009, 04:01 PM
That sounds more zombieish than it did before. I suppose the voters will decide at the end of it. If they don't think it matches the criteria it may suffer.

200th post!

bfsrox
02-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Ok, mine's kind of unorthodox, I'm only posting the beggining cause I haven't finished the rest but if I get enough replies to do so then I'll finish it. It starts out fairly slow, I know. I've actually had this written for a while and think it's awesome that a thread came up for it.

A cool breeze blew across the short and tapered lawn. The night was dark and damp and dew ran down the smooth green blades as the wind rustled the calm night. The moon shone bright along with a few stars against the blackness of the evening sky. A lone house sat still and quiet, the lights glowing a warm yellow from the windows. A few other houses were around as well, but none closer than a half a mile. The family inside the house was content, including a man and his young wife. An infant was wrapped into her arms, no more than a year old, his eyes slowly closing while his mother lulled him to sleep. She stared at him lovingly, feeling his breathing slow to a long rhythm as he drifted fast asleep. The father walked into the room and put his hands on his wife’s shoulders. She looked up at him with gleaming eyes.
“I think it’s about time we put him to bed.” The father said. The woman nodded and carried their child softly to his room. The walls were painted a light blue accommodated by a cream colored carpet and the walls were decorated with various framed pictures of the simple family. The baby’s crib rested against a wall in the back of the room. It had a Victorian style set up and the wood was painted a pure white. The name “Jordan” was nailed to the wall above the crib made of a darkly stained wood. A crucifix accompanied it at the end of the letters. The baby was lied down gently upon a thin stack of soft blankets and his eyes blinked open to see the slowly rotating mobile hanging above his head.
“Sssssshhhhhhhh. . . .” his mother said and he soon closed his eyes and fell back asleep. The woman remained at the child’s side for a few more minutes, just watching and making sure he was undisturbed before she and her husband left the room. The baby was at peace in the comforting crib as the parents walked softly across the floor to their own room. They both got into bed and lied down, the man wrapping his arms around his wife. She thought, grasping her lover’s arms. The two fell asleep together while the night was dark and the moon was bright.

The father’s eyes blinked open, hearing the distant cries of his son a few rooms down. The mother awoke a minute later, feeling the stirring of her husband and soon the crying came to her ears as well. Her eyes were still heavy with sleep as she patted the man’s arm.
“Could you please see what’s wrong with him? I’m too tired tonight.” The man nodded and slowly made his way out of the security of the bed and his wife. Stiff-limbed he walked to the child’s room again. A little annoyed with the fact that he had to get up in the middle of the night, but knowing it was all part of being a parent he soon calmed down. He could hear the whining of his child slowly getting louder and louder as he made his way down the hall. About 10 feet away from his son’s room the cries suddenly stopped, but since he was already out of bed he continued on. The hall was completely dark aside from a faint glow of moonlight shining through the windows and when he reached his son’s room, it was also completely dark, no moonlight to shine through. The room remained eerily still, silent as the grave, except for a light crunching noise. The father wiped his eyes and flicked the light switch on the wall beside him, flooding the room with light.

spanky96
02-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Ash
02-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Ok, mine's kind of unorthodox, I'm only posting the beggining cause I haven't finished the rest but if I get enough replies to do so then I'll finish it. It starts out fairly slow, I know. I've actually had this written for a while and think it's awesome that a thread came up for it.

A cool breeze blew across the short and tapered lawn. The night was dark and damp and dew ran down the smooth green blades as the wind rustled the calm night. The moon shone bright along with a few stars against the blackness of the evening sky. A lone house sat still and quiet, the lights glowing a warm yellow from the windows. A few other houses were around as well, but none closer than a half a mile. The family inside the house was content, including a man and his young wife. An infant was wrapped into her arms, no more than a year old, his eyes slowly closing while his mother lulled him to sleep. She stared at him lovingly, feeling his breathing slow to a long rhythm as he drifted fast asleep. The father walked into the room and put his hands on his wife’s shoulders. She looked up at him with gleaming eyes.
“I think it’s about time we put him to bed.” The father said. The woman nodded and carried their child softly to his room. The walls were painted a light blue accommodated by a cream colored carpet and the walls were decorated with various framed pictures of the simple family. The baby’s crib rested against a wall in the back of the room. It had a Victorian style set up and the wood was painted a pure white. The name “Jordan” was nailed to the wall above the crib made of a darkly stained wood. A crucifix accompanied it at the end of the letters. The baby was lied down gently upon a thin stack of soft blankets and his eyes blinked open to see the slowly rotating mobile hanging above his head.
“Sssssshhhhhhhh. . . .” his mother said and he soon closed his eyes and fell back asleep. The woman remained at the child’s side for a few more minutes, just watching and making sure he was undisturbed before she and her husband left the room. The baby was at peace in the comforting crib as the parents walked softly across the floor to their own room. They both got into bed and lied down, the man wrapping his arms around his wife. She thought, grasping her lover’s arms. The two fell asleep together while the night was dark and the moon was bright.

The father’s eyes blinked open, hearing the distant cries of his son a few rooms down. The mother awoke a minute later, feeling the stirring of her husband and soon the crying came to her ears as well. Her eyes were still heavy with sleep as she patted the man’s arm.
“Could you please see what’s wrong with him? I’m too tired tonight.” The man nodded and slowly made his way out of the security of the bed and his wife. Stiff-limbed he walked to the child’s room again. A little annoyed with the fact that he had to get up in the middle of the night, but knowing it was all part of being a parent he soon calmed down. He could hear the whining of his child slowly getting louder and louder as he made his way down the hall. About 10 feet away from his son’s room the cries suddenly stopped, but since he was already out of bed he continued on. The hall was completely dark aside from a faint glow of moonlight shining through the windows and when he reached his son’s room, it was also completely dark, no moonlight to shine through. The room remained eerily still, silent as the grave, except for a light crunching noise. The father wiped his eyes and flicked the light switch on the wall beside him, flooding the room with light.

Pretty nice so far. Can't wait to read the rest.

Schwa
02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Pretty nice so far. Can't wait to read the rest.

I can't stand writing about kids getting eaten, it gives me the willies.

Ash
02-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Generally, there are very few things I have a problem writing about, especially related to zombies. If I am trying to shock a reader, I will gladly write about pretty much anything.

Zed
02-24-2009, 06:54 AM
I re-edited the bit where my zombie eats a baby. Do you think it's too much? or maybe not enough? Was it even vaguely realistic?

Ash
02-24-2009, 07:05 AM
Don't worry, it's fine.

Your story reminds me a bit of Return of the Living Dead. In that, the zombies are really concious people, but they eat brains because eating brains makes the pain of being dead go away.

Zed
02-24-2009, 07:07 AM
That is scarily close actually. I havn't read/seen return of the living dead but I might try to.

Ash
02-24-2009, 07:12 AM
You should, but only the first one. The sequels are awful (Though part 3 was at least decent) though, so avoid them.

Z3n0_P1r1D0x
02-24-2009, 11:29 PM
those short stories are really good, i might write 1....:Smile:

Beefy
02-25-2009, 09:20 AM
this is what i have so far

I looked out to the heavens, but saw nothing. I asked God for forgiveness, but I am forsaken. I am an evil sinner, but innocent at the same time. It was our fault of creating them, and we have to deal with them. We were their masters, they were our slaves. We were happy, and so were they. But then I have to remember why I fight. I fight for the sake of humanity. I fight for my family, so that my children will not have to be scared whenever they walk the streets. I fight because I am human. And humans never lose, especially to this “scum” called the confederacy. I just hope I am right.

I am on the wall right now, overlooking the once-great city of Nairobi, its buildings all painted a wonderful red, and a rich maroon. Our building was once a Muslim arts auditorium, whose name is mixed up with all the other info. It is a beige-yellow color, untouched by the sun. Its golden-like rings around the edges sparkle with the heat coming from all the mechanics at work. At the front, where I am standing, is a fountain, (again rimmed with gold or something) and it’s still on, nobody has had the mind to turn it off. There is an abandoned supply truck jammed into the parking lot, half blown by a stray rocket.
I turn, and see the classic “dome” shape behind me, and realize that this is the only building standing. All the other buildings nearby have been demolished to give us a better line of sight. Like we need it anyways, we’ll die anyways. The buildings still standing are the ones that either had a reason not to go down, or survived the lazy explosive skills of the road crew. People still live in them, but come to the temple for food and worship three times a day. Until the machines come, then the fighting begins.

I remember my first battle as if it were yesterday, maybe it was yesterday, I don’t care anymore. I can retell everything that happened, the memories of the carnage etched into my brain.

good? i actually have devised a machine that attaches to the back of the neck of a person and operates them like zombies, also like the headcrab in half-life.

Zed
02-25-2009, 10:13 AM
those short stories are really good, i might write 1....:Smile:

You should. The more the merrier.

@Pandemic: That was feckin brilliant, although the "rimmed with gold or something" bit disrupted the tone slightly I thought. Keep it up.

Beefy
02-25-2009, 10:37 AM
You should. The more the merrier.

@Pandemic: That was feckin brilliant, although the "rimmed with gold or something" bit disrupted the tone slightly I thought. Keep it up.
thank you man, im going to finish it, like, NOW

Ash
02-25-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure I like the use of the word conferderacy. The only context I've ever heard it used in elsewhere is as a reference to the Confederate States of America, the nation that the southern half of the United States tried to become when it tried spitting from the US during the American Civil War, so I hear it and think "What's this got to do with the South?"

doog
02-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Hmmm, I think I might go and find an old zombie short story I wrote once and spice it up a little then submit it... so I'll post something tonight once I'm out of school!

Deathbat.
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
I like this thread.

I may write somthing.

Continue.

Mantha
02-27-2009, 02:54 AM
Thanks for reporting you guys. I'd appreciate though if you don't reply next time to such posts, because then I have to delete everything to put the thread back on topic(or edit those who are partially on topic), plus it encourages the little delinquent.

Beefy
02-27-2009, 08:56 AM
im planning to include a suicide raid of "corrupted" humans attack

doog
02-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Hmmm, I think I might go and find an old zombie short story I wrote once and spice it up a little then submit it... so I'll post something tonight once I'm out of school!

Damnit, I can't find it!

Beefy
02-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Damnit, I can't find it!

dude that sucks.

Zed
03-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Ok I think we really need to impose some sort of time limit now or begin to wrap this up.

Schwa
03-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Gah, but there's only like 5 people and most of them aren't even done yet.

:[

Ash
03-01-2009, 07:31 PM
The sun is high in the sky and I am enjoying my morning coffee several hours too late. A few sharp knocks sound through my house. I sigh, take one last sip of my coffee, set down my book, and slowly rise from my armchair as more knocks come from the door. They're the kind of knocks that boom just loud enough, but not too often, that you know they belong to a police officer. I unlock the door, yawn, and open the door. I'm greeted by the sight of Sheriff Tom Willits looking straight into my eyes. I open the screen door just enough to stretch my head out.

"Good morning, Tom", I offer.

"Morning? It's 2 in the afternoon, son! You just wake up?" Tom gives me an unapproving look and furrows his brow and mustache.

I step out into the biting cold and reply.
"About an hour ago, yeah. I was drinking some coffee."

"Uh huh. Well, we received a report of gunshots fired last night, just a half mile up the road. We talked to Bill Tucker just an hour ago, and he said that he saw a man stumbling away from Mrs. Wall's house just last night. Said he looked drunk. You know anything about that?"

"No," I replied. "I don't drink anymore, you know that, Tom."

"I know, and I'm not saying it was you. But you are the only one who matches the description. Tall, dark brown hair, and a flannel shirt."

I looked down at my chest. I knew I should have changed clothes this morning.

"And there's something else, Kent. Mrs. Wall. She was found dead in her house. Looked like she had been... Eaten. Have you been takin' any drugs recently? Crack, Shrooms?" Tom craned his neck to look at my eyes.

"No, Tom, you know I don't do that stuff. Look, doesn't she have a dog? Maybe its rabid." I brushed his hand off my chin as he tried to turn my head to get a better look at my eyes.

"Well, yeah, and that's the first thing we checked for, but that's just it: the dog was eaten too. Had its throat torn right out. And what's more... we know that they were bites from human teeth." Tom hung his head.

I leaned against my door as a cold chill ran down my spine.

"Look, Kent, I know this is hard, but you're the only person that lives anywhere near here. Bill Tucker was just driving through to see his Aunt when he heard the shots. He called in, and we came to investigate. I didn't want to call you in for questioning yet, because I didn't like the idea of even considering that you did such a thing, but now I have no choice. I'm going to have to take you to the station for questioning. I'm sorry. You know your Miranda rights, so I'll spare you that much."

Not wanting to cause any trouble, I held my hands out to be handcuffed.

"No, Kent, you know the rules. Turn around."

"Aww, come on. Can't I at least finish my coffee?"

Tom looked at me, the handcuffs dangling loosely on his forefinger.

"Okay, go grab it. I truly don't think you're responsible, but we've still gotta ask you some questions."

I ran back into the house. My coffee had grown cold. I poured a new cup, added cream and sugar, then left the house. Tom walked close behind me as I stepped up to his police car, and he opened the door to allow me into the back seat.

TO BE CONTINUED.

"I was eating dinner with my son and wife when I got called in" Tom told me. "I never got to finish, but now I'm not even hungry."

The back seat of the police car wasn't very comfortable. There were indentations in the back of the seat to accomadate a person with their handscuffed behind their back. My back sunk into the hole.

We continued east until we got into town. It was a small town, the kind where everyone knew everyone's business. That's why I lived so far away from it. I didn't like having 50 people knowing the exact position of the hairs on my head at all times.

Tom glanced back at me.
"Look, Kent, I hate having to do all this. But you know, it's gonna be damn hard defending you in court, given all your unpaid bills. Hell, you haven't had electricity for months, have you?"

I yawned again. "No, Tom, don't need it no more. I got solar panels for my lights, and that's all I need."

We stopped at a light and Tom looked back at me again. "And what's all this about that guy you shot in your yard last week? I mean, sure he never pressed charges, but damn, that's not gonna look very GODDAMMIT!"

The car had hit something in the middle of the road. I looked out the window and saw a man lying on the ground, one of his legs stuck at an odd angle.

"Shit! What the hell? Kent, get out and check on him while I radio this in."

Hesitant, I got out of the car. I knelt beside the man we had just hit. He was groaning, and a bone was sticking out of his leg.

"Sir, are you okay?"

The man continued to groan.

"Excuse me, sir?" I reached out to touch the man's back, and when I made contact, I heard a series of small pops as the man turned his head towards me. He let out a moan as he looked at me.

"Oh god damn..." The man had a deep scratch across his face, revealing a sliver of greyish white. His cheek bone was visible.

"Tom, come here, this guy looks awful!"

I heard the sound of Tom swearing as he slammed his car door.

"They're sending an ambulance. Quick, get back in the car before they come, we've gotta make it at least look like I'm not your friend." Tom motioned to the car.

I ignored him and turned back to the man we hit.

"Sir, are you okay?" Tom asked this in a forced manner.

"No shit he's not okay, look at his leg and his face!" I was annoyed at his formality

The man on the ground didn't seem to notice Tom kneeling beside him. He just kept looking at me.

"Tom, this guy ain't blinkin'. Look at his eyes. They look ****ing wierd." His eyes were oddly dull and unfocused. "He looks drunk," I added.

Tom grabbed his flashlight. The man lay there, groaning, staring at me. He opened and closed his mouth as if speaking, but emitting only a continuous groan. He leaned closer to the man.

"Sir, you have to speak to us. Are you okay?" He was more assertive this time.

The man just kept groaning. Tom came in front of the man and shined the flashlight in his eyes. The man didn't blink, and his eyes didn't dialate.

"Tom, look at his face. There's no blood. How does something like that happen and there not be any blood?"

"Hot damn you're right. SIR?"

Suddenly, the mans arm reached out and grabbed Tom's arm.

"Sir? I'm gonna have to ask you to let go of me."

The mans eyes and mouth widened. I could see blood on his teeth.

"Let go you little shit! Kent, help me here, he's not letting go!"

I jumped across the man and pulled at his arm. Now his attention was back on me as he let go of Tom's arm to grab at my own leg. I moved away before he could get to me, but he kept moving towards me. He was pulling himself towards me, pushing with his leg to get a footing, trying to stand up, and finally falling as his mangled leg was unable to support his weight. I moved closer to Tom as the man kept trying unsuccessfully to get up.

"Get the hell back, or I will shoot!" Tom had his pistol out now.

The man kept crawling towards us.

"This is your last ****ing warning!" Tom was shaking. He had never fired his gun at someone before. The man didn't stop.

The gunshot rang out loudly. The man didn't stop crawling.

"You missed, Tom!" The shot had impacted the asphalt a few inches from the man's shoulder.

"Let me do it, dammit." I pulled the gun away from Tom. Tom didn't care. I was a better shot than him, and he was shaking uncontrollably. I took aim at the man and pulled the trigger. Their was a puncturing sound as the round hit the man's back.

He remained unphased.

"What the ****? This guy on PCP or something?" I shot him again. The round entered his back and exited his waist, hitting the asphalt. The man, still crawling, was only a few feet away, so I backed up and took aim again, this time at his head.

I fired. I didn't miss.

In case you are wondering what happens when you see a guy get his in the head with a nine milimeter pistol at boint blank range, I'll let you in on a little secret.

It's nothing special. The sound is sickening, but his brains don't fly out all over the pavement or anything. A hole appears in his head, and that's all.

I stared at the man on the ground, who was now motionless.Tom was to my right, shaking horribly, his eyes wide.

"To-om..."My voice was weak. I cleared my throat. "Tom, look at his shirt."

Tom looked down. The man was wearing a flannel shirt.

To Be Continued.

Zed
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Gah, but there's only like 5 people and most of them aren't even done yet.

:[

If there's too many then no one will bother to read all the stories. I might have a disadvantage being the last alphabetically :Bricked:

Besides, hopefully once there's a time limit in place everyone will hurry up and finish.

MaxZ
03-03-2009, 12:48 PM
If someone tells me the limit I'll join, or not because I haven't started yet.

Ash
03-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Just join, man. We don't have a limit yet.

Zed
03-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I would say assume end of March until further notice because it seems like a good time frame to work to. Obviously I have no actual power or authority in that but I think another month is a nice limit.

MaxZ
03-03-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm in.
Wish me luck.

Zed
03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Good luck Maxz

The back seat of the police car wasn't very comfortable. There were indentations in the back of the seat to accomadate a person with their handscuffed behind their back.

Is that actually true? Obviously it doesn't have to be but it seems like an interesting little fact and I didn't know it.

Anyway, I think we're going to have to arange this so that voting opens at three in the morning for Ash but eight o'clock for me (time differance) and then closes five minutes later. That way I can vote for myself and no one else can vote and I will win :heh:

Otherwise I'm screwed

Ash
03-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Yeah, its true in some places. Patrol cars in Oklahoma (Where I live) are like that, and this story takes place in a rural part of Oklahoma, though I don't reveal that.

Beefy
03-05-2009, 08:14 AM
hay guys, sorry that i havent posted, but ill post a pic of where my story is taking place, and the stroy is almost done.

PS: please dont put a final date on this, i would like for people to keep posting stories.

stickfanatic666
03-05-2009, 09:46 AM
I promise I will post something, I just turned in my big projects I had for school so now I have time to write something.

Beefy
03-06-2009, 11:46 AM
ALRIGHT. HERE ARE SOME RENDERS OF THE SETTING.
PS. if you know how to add multiple images just tell me.

FrAnKeH
03-09-2009, 01:29 PM
John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were demons.
"This is Joson" the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"
So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the demons
"I will shoot at him" said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the demons" he shouted
The radio said "No, John. You are the demons"
And then John was a zombie.

Ash
03-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Meh. Pretty crappy story, you got there, Frankeh. Filled with grammatical msitakes, bad plot development (if you could call it that), and an obvious lack of reverence for the subject matter.

Schwa
03-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Poor attempt at humor

Frankeh is a faggot.

FrAnKeH
03-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned for calling me a faggot.

Deathwish
03-09-2009, 04:03 PM
"FrAnKeH captures essence of sex in literature form-Would read again"
Daily mail.

Zed
03-09-2009, 04:04 PM
I think it's a potentially interesting look at the zombie concept but it needs to be developed, spell checked and probably laid out more readably.

Beefy
03-11-2009, 08:23 AM
I made sure it's epic. itas on the long side (4 pages) but i really hope you enjoy it.

THE MOSQUE
I looked out to the heavens, but saw nothing. I asked God for forgiveness, but I am forsaken. I am an evil sinner, but innocent at the same time. It was our fault of creating them, and we have to deal with them. We were their masters, they were our slaves. We were happy, and so were they. But then I have to remember why I fight. I fight for the sake of humanity. I fight for my family, so that my children will not have to be scared whenever they walk the streets. I fight because I am human. And humans never lose, especially to this “scum” called the confederacy. I just hope I am right.

I am on the field right now, overlooking the once-great city of Nairobi, its buildings all painted a wonderful red, and a rich maroon. Our building was once a Muslim arts auditorium, whose name is mixed up with all the other info. What’s left of it is a beige-yellow color, untouched by the sun. Its golden-like rings around the edges sparkle with the heat coming from all the mechanics at work. At the back, where I am standing, is a fountain, (again rimmed with gold or a similar material, I don’t care) and it’s still on, nobody has had the mind to turn it off. There is an abandoned supply truck jammed into the parking lot, half blown by a stray rocket.
I blink, and see the remains of the classic “dome” shape in front of me, and realize that this is the only building that still remains under UN control. All the other buildings nearby have been demolished to give us a better line of sight. Like we need it anyhow, we’ll die anyways. The buildings still standing are the ones that either had a reason not to go down, or survived the lazy explosive skills of the road crew. People still live in them, but came to the temple for food and worship three times a day. Until the machines came, then the fighting began.

I remember my great battle as if it were yesterday, maybe it was yesterday, I don’t care anymore. I can retell everything that happened, the memories of the carnage etched into my brain.

Me and two other guys, Private Jack Pilla was on my right, a good friend of mine, and Private Calvin Anderson, whose brother, Private Stephen Anderson, had gone off on a stealth operation and was never heard of again. I felt kind of bad for him, but since he was the newbie I wasn’t supposed to give a damn. He just sat on the edge of the mosque, smoking his weed. Basically, the UN no longer cared about whether its soldiers did illegal drugs or not. I remember looking at the city, at how the sun reflected off the panels that were once buildings. Then I heard rumbling. Everybody on the west flank had definitely heard it, and was on their way. Their armies marched towards us in the horizon. There was another building that was left standing, far into the horizon, the Sarit Centre, and the only way to get to us was through them. The Sarit Centre had fallen.
“Oh shit, shit, shit, this is not good man, oh shit,” Jack continued like this until I nudged him in the shoulder with my elbow, hard. He nodded and stood up straight, the sergeant was coming our way, chin-checking my fellow men. He walked up to Jack first, looked at his battle armor, and then pointed at his finger at the laser pointer on Jack’s battle rifle. “Turn that thing off, this shit isn’t going to end anytime soon, so save some juice for the evening. I radioed Charlie, and he said that we should expect some more men by the morning, I would say 5:30 in the morning.” Said the sergeant with his scratchy voice, him being a man probably in his mid-fifties, who was known as a true hero, being the last survivor of the attack on the Mexican border, where thousands of men were brutally killed.
Jack re-adjusted his rifle until the little red dot on the ground disappeared. Then the sergeant came to me. He just looked at my shoulder pads, then my chest plate, and then backed off. He put his arm on my shoulder and shook my shoulder-pad for a minute, and then moved on. The people started cramming into the main gate, and there was an entire fanfare of noise and horror as hundreds tried to get behind the military personnel and into the field, where tanks lay in standby. The sergeant didn’t hurry at all, and was finished checking up on Calvin, when he fell over. Blood started to spray out of the back of his head as he lay on the ground, motionless. It took us a while to process what had just happened, and then I cried out; “SNIPERS!”
` With that said, the battle began. The machines poured into the horizon like the water coming out of a broken dam. The foot soldiers came first, and lunging at speeds of a motorcycle, they got here pretty fast. Jack and Calvin both pointed in unison and fired at the oncoming horde of enemies. Hundreds of rifles fired as the ranks of the machines was whittling away. By this time, most of the civilians had already made their way onto the field and into safety, and the gate was barred shut. The few machines that managed to survive the flood of bullets however, jumped onto the gate and vaulted over it with amazing skill. They would land on the other side, their bodies riddled with bullets. Then the enemy started returning fire. Millions of lead pellets flew through the air as our men was butchered alive by the enemy. I knew we couldn’t stay up on the roof for long without getting hit, so we crawled behind one of the two domes that were about ten meters away. When we got there, there was a staircase behind it, leading to the main hall, which was exactly where we wanted to go. From here I could stand, and walked down to the bottom of the staircase.
There lay a grey, bolted door in front of me. I knocked once, and the door was unbarred and opened. “Get the hell in, before the droids get here!” Shouted the voice behind the door, tense with terror, I couldn’t blame the poor man. I and the two other men scrambled inside to the main hall, and saw its elegance. The walls we a lazy beige, with solid wood carved into rectangles along the pillars. There computers and guns everywhere, as the soldiers geared up for their last stand. As I walked on however, there was yet another huge hall, this one was more of an observatory though. The roof was an upwards slant of two giant sheets of glass. Without the pillars in this room, I could see crowds of people flocking around a statue of Muhammad. They were praising and kissing it with all their passion, their might… then it exploded. Fire spewed out of the glass and shattered it, and then slammed into the crowd, and consumed dozens of people in seconds.
As the smoke cleared out, I saw the remains of what were once people. I was frozen in position as I looked at the walls, now a combination of black and red. The gunfire fire outside intensified and I forced myself to move along with Jack and Calvin, who were running towards one of the main doors, opposite the glass corridor. “What are you guys doing? The field is over there!” I shouted, pointing at the door facing the field.
The door that they were running towards was jam-packed with “Wolverines”, a light 4-by-4 version of an APC. The battery-like radio was dragged out of the back and carried inside. The soldier operating it had a huge map of Nairobi in one hand, and the receiver in the other. “Just hold on Kilo, tell me your location, and calm down for a minute” said the marine speaking over the receiver.
“We just got off Waiyaki way, and are heading towards James Gichuru road, but the machines are too many! We are being ambushed! Charlie split off and is now driving down Msongari road, but we lost contact, we need a higher-powered radio if we want to contact- OH MY GOD!” and then the radio went static. The marine next to me went frantic and started fiddling with it, but to no avail. He then picked up the radio and went back to the truck. The driver started revving up the engine of the wolverine, but then it exploded. A pillar of fire, similar to the one that killed the crowd in the glass room, had descended on the wolverine just as it started moving. “OH SHIT! A DRAGON! GET DOWN! GET DOOOOOOOOWWWWWNNN!” echoed throughout the building as I fell back in terror. A massive, steaming, black mechanic tentacle smashed into the ground, and two more followed suite. I forced myself to walk towards the flaming wolverine, its occupants now carbonized. I just got out of the building in time to see the monster. It was a tripod, with a central battery attached to the top. It had no other weapons than the flamethrower, which emitted so much heat even in standby that it began to burn me. There was a hollow tube from where the fire would shoot out, and it was lighting up again, preparing for another shot. A spiral of fire spewed out of its muzzle as the flames spiraled at a platoon of marines. There were no survivors.
I jogged backwards and then ran to the original exit I was heading for, and Calvin and Jack were waiting for me there. As soon as I got out of the building, I heard the sound of a high-pitched screech coming from behind me. I spun, and saw two “dragons”, or tripods firing liquid hell through the huge cavity left from the glass room. I turned my head and ran towards the field. There was a slight ramp leading from the parking lot to the field, one that led down, and marines were already on it. I leaped off the edge, fell to the grass, rolled over, and got back up. I kept sprinting for my life when I realized that Jack was gone, so was Calvin too. I stopped running and jogged back to the ramp, and saw Jack on the floor, his right leg drenched in blood. Calvin was trying to treat it with his first-aid kit, but there was just too much blood. “Hey James, get over here! Jack is bleeding badly, and I don’t know how to use this shit!” he said. I was walking over there, him waving at me, when his head popped. His brains splattered on the field harmlessly as his throat made a low, gurgling noise. His body fidgeted for a while, and twitched, before it flopped on the ground like a wet blanket.
“DAMN! Don’t these things ever give up?” came another frantic scream from behind me, before his esophagus burst into a dark red spray. He fell onto the field and shook madly, making incomprehensible noises. His wind-pipe was completely destroyed, so the only noise he could make was a high-pitched squeal as his life spilled out on his lap. I couldn’t watch, so I turned to Jack. I lifted his body with a single stroke, and he was on my shoulders in seconds. The man who was shot in the neck kept screaming, and screaming, and screaming… until an explosion blew the dirt and grass in front of me into the air, and I couldn’t see. A loud ringing noise blared in my ears, and then I saw the light. I saw hope.
On the other side, I could see silhouettes of tanks, about five of them. The one in the front fired its cannon, and it was responded to by a loud blast, and I turned around. Hundreds of soldiers were running from the mosque, covered in blood and ash, as the dragon that was hit by the tank wobbled, ignited, and fell. It fell onto the mosque, and exploded into a massive fireball, consuming thousands of androids. More tanks fired upon them, as marines began sliding down the slope and firing at the machines. The machines kept pressing on, but were massacred by the huge Vulcan machineguns equipped onto the tanks. Jets screamed overhead as they dropped pin-point shells right on top of the dragons, igniting more. Artillery bombardments fired napalm shells into the machine masses, drastically cutting down their numbers.
I dropped Jack, his dead body sprawling on the ground, and fell. I kneeled down, and thanked God. I thanked him for his mercy, and for his grace. The clouds began assembling together, and rain started falling. First in little droplets, then in entire buckets as our men stood, silent, and the gunfire stopped. It took us a while to realize what had just happened as we stood in the cold rain. First it was a whisper, then a murmur, then a shout, then a cheer. Men stood in the streets, screaming as loud as they could, thrusting their arms into the air. I was cheering too, and then I embraced what had just happened.

Victory.

Zed
03-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Well it's got everything; violence, robots, dragons, etc. What it is noticably lacking in, however, is zombies. Aside from that it is pretty good.

One little point I would make though is that at the beggining the tone seems to switch erratically. I would say the bits like "(again rimmed with gold or a similar material, I don’t care)" seem out of place. I thought there was another example too but I can't find it at the moment.

Beefy
03-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Well it's got everything; violence, robots, dragons(1), etc. What it is noticably lacking in, however, is zombies. Aside from that it is pretty good.

One little point I would make though is that at the beggining the tone seems to switch erratically. I would say the bits like "(again rimmed with gold or a similar material, I don’t care)" seem out of place (2). I thought there was another example too but I can't find it at the moment.

(1) the dragons are actually giant tripods that shoot fire, like War of teh worlds.

(2) i know what you mean. I am working on another story, but this one is aboout demons, like frankehs, except it wont be shit.

Ash
03-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Panemedic, the point is, this is a zombie short story contest.

A zombie is defined on Wikipedia as "a person who behaves like human automaton (usually after being resurrected and stripped of their soul), most commonly seen in fiction as a reanimated human corpse."

Your "dragons" are in no way zombies, and thus do not belong in this thread.

Beefy
03-16-2009, 12:09 AM

A zombie is defined on Wikipedia as "a person who behaves like human automaton (usually after being resurrected and stripped of their soul), most commonly seen in fiction as a reanimated human corpse."

sorry man, im working on another, but i got carried away with the machines.

and come on crabby pants.

Zed
03-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Is anyone still working on this?

Ash
03-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I am. I'm not sure which of three ways to take my story, so yeah...

Schwa
03-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Does anyone want me to set-up a cheap free-hosted website to put these stories on? Just for giggles and such?

Zed
03-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Sure, why not. Can't hurt much.

Schwa
03-22-2009, 02:55 PM
k then. I'll set it up next week, over spring break. Should I just set it up as a general "Anthology of Stories" so that we can add to it (if we ever actually have any more literature competitions) or what?

Zed
03-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah, that would be a better idea than making it specific to zombies.

Beefy
03-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Does anyone want me to set-up a cheap free-hosted website to put these stories on? Just for giggles and such?

its SHITS AND GIGGLES man. learn your austin powers man, god.

Schwa
03-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Just because I say something that vaguely resembles a popular phrase in a movie doesn't mean that I meant to quote that movie and failed at it.

Thank you good man.

Ash
03-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Really. Like Schwa said, if someone says "This is my gun" I don't correct them by saying "No, the line is 'this is my boomstick', if you are going to try and quote Army of Darkness do it right"

Automaton
04-04-2009, 05:53 PM

Holy SHIT, I'm a zombie!

davking
04-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Do any of you guys play Left 4 Dead? they dont say how the infection started.

Beefy
04-10-2009, 05:34 AM
because no one gives a flying ****

Ash
04-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Do any of you guys play Left 4 Dead? they dont say how the infection started.

It's because they didn't ****ing want to.

Seriously, can' you handle a bit of ambiguity in your fiction? Do you have to have your hand held through everything?

nightwatch
04-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I got banned once for spamming polls.

Flood
04-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Ash if you finish your story I'll make one.
Yours is getting good, and I'm anxious to see what happens.
:D

Beefy
04-11-2009, 11:26 AM
i quite liked Frankehs, although it was copied off the original in a DOOM thread...

Flood
04-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Um, Frankeh's was ment as a joke. ._.

ashton777
04-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Aight, lemme try this; Imma type it right now... vv lol.

I looked up to the open gates of Drulem. The town poored out smoke, and reaked of the dead. I pray to the gods to make it out alive. I walked forward onto the dirt street. There was a body laying on my left. Stepping abouve it I could smell its stench. My nose twitched and I almost gaged. The body had been eaten out of; Its stomach was ripped open. Dark blood was stained on the ground. I kneeled next to it, maybe there was a clue of something. I slowly went into the dead mans pockets. Nothing... I flipped him over and found a wallet in his back pocket. His name was Rico Watston. I put the wallet back into his pocket and wished him best to the gods. I started to get up as his leg twitched. What.. the..
The man slowly sturred. "ughh; Mrughhh;" I twirled him over and looked into his eyes. There I was, face to face with a part of the dead. I could easily tell... A Zombie. IT WAS A TRAP.

It swung it's arm at me and I flung back a second before it could connect. The Zombie jumped up and lunged at me with immense speed. I twirled and shot my leg out onto its head. The head snapped off; crashing into a wall. The body layed still and I quickly looked around. An odd noise appeared to my left. I looked up to the left and saw glass from a window break out. The pieces crashed to the floor as two more Zombies came along. Rushing quickly at me. Behind me I hurd a swoop And a Zombie landed, rushing at me. Another one dashed from the side of an ally. Relax, focus. Boom, the two from the front were almost about to be upon me. I jumped up and they halted below, looking up confusingly. Pulling out two knives, I struck one at a Zimbies heart. It connected perfectly. Landing on the other, I crashed it to the ground. Lunging my other knife into its neck. I sliced at it three more times to make sure there was no connection for it to be alive.

I looked to my right and a zombie almost clawed me. I ducked, pushing my knife into the middle of its forehead. With the speed it was going; the zombie split in half. Nasty blood spilt onto me. I held my mouth closed and quickly wiped my eyes. But I was too late. Another zombie tackled me to the ground. It lashed its arm up and clawed into my face, my eyes, it all burned. I crashed my forhead onto its, and grabbed it by the shirt. It was stunned for a second so I used my time wisely, throwing the Zombie into another. I looked around and more came from the houses, from the streets, there were about 46 surrounding me. Holy... shit.

Grabbing my main blade from my back strap; I held it, ready for a battle to the death. They all launched at me, but of course only around four could try to hit me at once. I ran strait, curving my blade into another body. There skin colors were greener now; probably older Zombies. A spash of thick green blood gushed past my arm. Launching up I swung my sword down, slicing an arm off another. A Zombie clashed with me to my right. I dazed for a second but angerly thrashed my sword into its heart. It let out a shriek, falling to the ground.

Boom. Thunder roared across the sky's. Mellow blue rain rushed across the ground at us like a hurl of wolves; rushing at us. Even the Zombies gazed at this. The rain covered us and moved past us onto the other zombies, and the other lands. I ran up to the zombie infront of me, and circled around, clashing it's head off. The rain made me clearer; able to focus better.

Slashing at more Zombies; they rushed at me. I pushed all force and all limits. Hurling forward, I twisted my sword, left, right, up, clashing to every nearest part of a zombie that was by me. Circling around I leveled my sword slashing at any zombie near. I stopped by one that was rushing at me. Throwing my sword into its stomach. It cried out, inpaling into the ground. I pushed my arms against the dirt, hurling my body at the commin monsters.

One of them grabbed me by the feet and twirled me around. I clashed hard onto the ground, my head spun; the rain grew harder, The Zombies crept upon me, slashing at my head. I saw colors of blood, but could almost feel nothing. My adrenaline made me unable to feel. A Zombie crept up to my face and growled. Its head was sliced halfway; dark green skin was hanging across its face. Its eyes dreamt of mayhem. The Zombie opened its mouth and latched on to my neck. Veins of my blood splurred out and my vision was filled with redness. Zombies were tareing at my skin and my body started to face out. This is it.. The zombie raised its hand and slashed at my neck one more time... This is where I en...

THE END
lol

Just finished, was it okay?

Automaton
04-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Your writing would be really good if someone were to correct the spelling and grammar mistakes.

ashton777
04-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I bet :D
Ithat would be great

Flood
04-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Where the hell did the guy get the sword? You have a MUCH better chance of finding a gun. And if he wasn't expecting zombies why did he happen to be covered with knives and shit?

Covalence
04-13-2009, 12:47 AM
I guess I'll make one. I've been lurking in this thread for a while, and read some pretty cool stories. I should add to that.

Beta
04-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Ash's is amazing.

Beefy
04-13-2009, 06:17 AM
Aight, lemme try this; Imma type it right now... vv lol.

I looked up to the open gates of Drulem. The town poored out smoke, and reaked of the dead. I pray to the gods to make it out alive. I walked forward onto the dirt street. There was a body laying on my left. Stepping abouve it I could smell its stench. My nose twitched and I almost gaged. The body had been eaten out of; Its stomach was ripped open. Dark blood was stained on the ground. I kneeled next to it, maybe there was a clue of something. I slowly went into the dead mans pockets. Nothing... I flipped him over and found a wallet in his back pocket. His name was Rico Watston. I put the wallet back into his pocket and wished him best to the gods. I started to get up as his leg twitched. What.. the..
The man slowly sturred. "ughh; Mrughhh;" I twirled him over and looked into his eyes. There I was, face to face with a part of the dead. I could easily tell... A Zombie. IT WAS A TRAP.

It swung it's arm at me and I flung back a second before it could connect. The Zombie jumped up and lunged at me with immense speed. I twirled and shot my leg out onto its head. The head snapped off; crashing into a wall. The body layed still and I quickly looked around. An odd noise appeared to my left. I looked up to the left and saw glass from a window break out. The pieces crashed to the floor as two more Zombies came along. Rushing quickly at me. Behind me I hurd a swoop And a Zombie landed, rushing at me. Another one dashed from the side of an ally. Relax, focus. Boom, the two from the front were almost about to be upon me. I jumped up and they halted below, looking up confusingly. Pulling out two knives, I struck one at a Zimbies heart. It connected perfectly. Landing on the other, I crashed it to the ground. Lunging my other knife into its neck. I sliced at it three more times to make sure there was no connection for it to be alive.

I looked to my right and a zombie almost clawed me. I ducked, pushing my knife into the middle of its forehead. With the speed it was going; the zombie split in half. Nasty blood spilt onto me. I held my mouth closed and quickly wiped my eyes. But I was too late. Another zombie tackled me to the ground. It lashed its arm up and clawed into my face, my eyes, it all burned. I crashed my forhead onto its, and grabbed it by the shirt. It was stunned for a second so I used my time wisely, throwing the Zombie into another. I looked around and more came from the houses, from the streets, there were about 46 surrounding me. Holy... shit.

Grabbing my main blade from my back strap; I held it, ready for a battle to the death. They all launched at me, but of course only around four could try to hit me at once. I ran strait, curving my blade into another body. There skin colors were greener now; probably older Zombies. A spash of thick green blood gushed past my arm. Launching up I swung my sword down, slicing an arm off another. A Zombie clashed with me to my right. I dazed for a second but angerly thrashed my sword into its heart. It let out a shriek, falling to the ground.

Boom. Thunder roared across the sky's. Mellow blue rain rushed across the ground at us like a hurl of wolves; rushing at us. Even the Zombies gazed at this. The rain covered us and moved past us onto the other zombies, and the other lands. I ran up to the zombie infront of me, and circled around, clashing it's head off. The rain made me clearer; able to focus better.

Slashing at more Zombies; they rushed at me. I pushed all force and all limits. Hurling forward, I twisted my sword, left, right, up, clashing to every nearest part of a zombie that was by me. Circling around I leveled my sword slashing at any zombie near. I stopped by one that was rushing at me. Throwing my sword into its stomach. It cried out, inpaling into the ground. I pushed my arms against the dirt, hurling my body at the commin monsters.

One of them grabbed me by the feet and twirled me around. I clashed hard onto the ground, my head spun; the rain grew harder, The Zombies crept upon me, slashing at my head. I saw colors of blood, but could almost feel nothing. My adrenaline made me unable to feel. A Zombie crept up to my face and growled. Its head was sliced halfway; dark green skin was hanging across its face. Its eyes dreamt of mayhem. The Zombie opened its mouth and latched on to my neck. Veins of my blood splurred out and my vision was filled with redness. Zombies were tareing at my skin and my body started to face out. This is it.. The zombie raised its hand and slashed at my neck one more time... This is where I en...

THE END
lol

Just finished, was it okay?

HERESY. .

Beta
04-13-2009, 03:12 PM
“Check all the rooms,” my father said, “split up.” We all had flashlights but only my brother had a gun. He was never particularly a good shot with a gun, but he wouldn’t let anyone else have it.

We were in a house, it must have been eight at night or so, because it was already dark and the sun had gone down, I didn’t bother to check my watch. I only checked about 3 rooms, knocking before I went in, and as soon as I opened the door I flipped the flashlight around, ready to hit something that got in the way. All the rooms had been checked, we found nothing, it was as full as a newly built house; there wasn’t even a piece of furniture.

As we congregated back in the kitchen, there was one room my father reminded us that we hadn’t checked yet: the garage. He said not to check it, there were dogs. As we were all about ready to leave, we thought me might stay a few more minutes and catch our breath. We hadn’t made any sound in the house and we kept the lights away from the windows; there was no way they would even find out we were in here.

I went to go check around the house one more time; I passed the garage door, and the lock broke open and I tried to shove the door back, but the dog was already out. The rest of the family wasn’t too far away, so I knew I wasn’t in any great danger, but it still shocked me. The dog ran 3 feet out of the door, looked around, and as I tried to hit it with my flashlight it pounced on me and I fell backwards. I grabbed its two front legs – it couldn’t bite me then, but it sure tried to. I got over the shock as the mangled twisted and turned trying to finally feast on my flesh, I quietly said, “Get. It. Off. Me.”

The dog came flying off me, sliding across the floor. My father stood there, heavily breathing, leaning on a sledge hammer. We had made too much noise; we had to leave before more came. We all grabbed our things and rushed out the front door towards the van we found a while back. I could see about four of five of them slowly shambling towards the front door as we hurried out; we couldn’t have left at a better time.

We ended up in an airport, the parking lot littered with opened car doors and terrible parallel parking, and we didn’t care how well we parked either. All I remember is people panicking, crazed kids running through doorways and clawing at people who they thought might be their parents. People were running, rushing to the elevators trying to get to the sixth floor as crazed kids attacked the panicked people.

I rushed into an open elevator as a scared lady was pushing out two children, and seemed to be overwhelmed. I rushed over to help her, but as the elevator doors were closing they came clawing through the gap remaining, opening the elevator doors again. These children didn’t want to go to the sixth floor with us; they were here because they wanted us. The boy grappled onto my leg, and my only choice was to beat him against the wall.

He finally dropped off my leg, unconscious, or near, after a few minutes of being beat against a wall and the lady by me flailing her arms at the child. It was sad to see what all had happened affect the children in this way, truly sick.

The doors opened, warm air rushed in and the sound of nervous, quiet voices flooded the elevator. The room was dimly lit but very large; most of the people were sitting down in the middle of the room around a white haired man dressed in black. I don’t know what happened to the scared woman in the elevator, we were both scared and nervous, we didn’t even say goodbye or hello. Finally as things began to quiet down, the man in black stood up and addressed the people, “Citizens, I know you are all very scared, and uh… oh God… I’m sorry, I’m not used to speaking with ah- without a script,” he joked in a fruitless attempt to make everyone laugh. He cleared his throat then continued, “We are all very scared. If it’s of any help, we are all safe on this floor. The elevators are being closely monitored by my men, all security monitors are being watched to see if any of “them” have been hiding, and most doors are sealed so none get in.” He slowly shambled over to a shut window that had quite a bit of light coming from it, too much light to be natural at night. He held his hands, “We have been anticipating this a while, and we would like to inform you all that you will be safe for quite some time,” he pulled the shades revealing a large cavernous room, barely exposing the tops of buildings.

Everyone looked up, bewildered, as I was as well. Everyone, slowly at first, came over to the window to look. “No! No!” a woman at the back of the room screamed, thudding could be heard as well.

The man in black got a look in his eye, a twinkle, then raised his arm and pointed, “Men, please.” Two men dressed in black as well came from a hallway nearby, one readjusting his suit, hiding a gun, I assumed. They dragged the man that the woman had been screaming at right in front of me. His skin looked like plastic, his eyes fixed on the ceiling. He was dead. The skinny man dressed in black pulled out a can of something and sprayed it over his face as the other one disappeared behind the corner; the skinny stretched his arm behind him, “Step back.”

The other man reappeared with a green cloth with a zipper on it, a body bag I guessed.

“Excuse me, I’m sorry for the disturbance,” the politician said as he raised his voice, “now if you would please redirect your-” he began to cough furiously, blood trickled down his lips. Bent over, he turned around and drew out a handkerchief, drying his lips as the nervous crowd grew completely still. “Sorry,” he continued, “and now that I have your attention, heh, I would like to show you we like to call… well, you’ll see.” He turned around the slid open a small latch by a door by the window; he typed something on the keypad and the door opened. “Welcome.”

I

Fluorescent light flooded the large cavernous room; it made the large buildings inside the cavern seem even more surreal. The large concrete buildings towered above the large abyss below the buildings where the light didn’t reach, making the buildings look hundreds of feet tall. Small catwalks and railings littered the sides of the buildings, and small utility lights illuminated those dark areas where the fluorescents didn’t. There was one large circular building in the middle of the complex, not rising as high as the other buildings, but still a considerable tower. The roof was made of class, and huge fans could be seen inside the building even from where we were standing.

As ever one filed through the door, the retired politician called out “This way please,” waving his hand towards a stairwell. “There are three service elevators, one on this side, one on the west end going to a restricted area, and one on the south side leading to the roof of the airport. There are staircases as well, but we prefer to use these,” he said as he punched a button opening the elevator doors. He slowly walked inside, three more men in suits appearing from within the crowd at his side. “I’ll be waiting on floor B2. Please, only twenty people at a time.” The doors shut just as he finished.

The crowd was more nervous than ever. Most people were skeptical of the retired politician, he didn’t seem to offer much security; sure, he had an impressive collection of concrete towers in an airport, but he didn’t explain anything more than three service elevators. The people grew louder, they began to yell. “Who is that man?” “What’s this even about?” “Is this the crap they offered us?” “Is this a joke?” People began to argue over who was going to leave. A green light flashed above the elevator and everyone went silent.

The doors opened. A soft female voice echoed from a speaker, “Please enter Service Elevator B.”

No one moved. The voice repeated itself, “Please enter Service Elevator B.”

“No way in hell!” A man shouted at from the back of the group. People began to speak up, saying things along the same lines of what the first man had said. Soon, people began to walk up the stairs toward the room we were once in. About 15 people were left there, staring blankly with melancholy faces as the most of the people trudged up the stairs. “Please enter Service Elevator B.”

We all slowly entered Service Elevator B, and a man in a torn flannel jacket pressed the button to floor B2.

“Send the elevator back up, the first group is here,” the retired politician said to a man in a suit sitting behind a computer. “Uhg, I wish this day didn’t have to come,” he said in a quiet, annoyed voice as he left the room. “Welcome! Why don’t you all have a seat over there while we wait for the other group,” he said with a fake smile on his face. “More people should be showing up soon.”
We all sat down on the black leather couches; no one wanted to say it.

“They’re not comin’,” the man with the flannel shirt whispered

“What?”

“They left. They’re not comin’.”

“What do you mean? Check SEV5,” the man commanded to the man behind the computer.

Everyone was quiet, the only sound was clanging from a story above us and the sound of the man typing and clicking. “There’s about seventy of them, sir, all trying to pry the service stairs door open.”

The retired politician buried his face in his hand, “oh God…” he whispered, “Seal Service Elevator B Access door 3, open Fire Escape B.” he walked back over to the group. “I’m sorry if you are the only ones that came. But uh, let me show you around,” he said with an awkward smile on his face. He looked worried.

Should I finish it?

ashton777
04-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Where the hell did the guy get the sword? You have a MUCH better chance of finding a gun. And if he wasn't expecting zombies why did he happen to be covered with knives and shit?

Who said he wasnt excpecting them? It just started in the middle of the story with zombies and shit. And my dude don't use guns; he already obviously had the sword on his back and the knives in his pockets, where else would he carry them... Next time ill specify; sorry lol...

and to abouve

why did you highlight that stuff?

Ash
04-13-2009, 05:21 PM
I agree wit Flood here. Where COULD he have gotten the sword? Obviously he got one before the story begins. Truly battle-ready swords aren't that common these days.

Zed
04-14-2009, 11:00 AM
I agree wit Flood here. Where COULD he have gotten the sword? Obviously he got one before the story begins. Truly battle-ready swords aren't that common these days.

You've obviously never been to Manchester.

If it helps you, think of him as a paranoid schitzophrenic who had a zombie survival plan for years and had everything ready. He also has the gear prepared for a nuclear holocaust, a highly contagious deadly virus, and sudden plagues of killer sheep.

Beefy
04-14-2009, 11:37 AM
naturally, everyone carries a sword around in fear of a zombie invasion. i understand your point completely. although my story was off-topic, was it good? i forgot to ask.

Ash
04-14-2009, 08:15 PM
You've obviously never been to Manchester.

If it helps you, think of him as a paranoid schitzophrenic who had a zombie survival plan for years and had everything ready

Sounds like me...

I mean, THAT'S JUST SILLY!

::Closes closet filled with survival gear and weapons::

Beefy
04-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Sounds like me...

I mean, THAT'S JUST SILLY!

::Closes closet filled with gay pornography::

what the hell ash?

Flood
04-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Should I finish it?

I kicked down a door and my brother and dad quickly poured in ready to shoot.

Should I finish it?!

Beta
04-15-2009, 04:43 PM
That was highly irrelevant, Flood.

Flesh
04-18-2009, 07:49 AM
Wow, I inspired this competition? But the writers in it are so much more better then me. Keep up the good work guys, I enjoy reading your stories!

Zed
04-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Wow, I inspired this competition? But the writers in it are so much more better then me. Keep up the good work guys, I enjoy reading your stories!

We should get you to judge quickly before anyone notices and bans you again. This isn't really a contest atm, it's a place where you can put your short stories about zombies.

Not complaining, it's nice to have somewhere like that but I think it's a breach of the trade descriptions act, that's all I'm saying.

Flesh
04-18-2009, 08:18 AM
I should probably just get my works and put them in here. Be right back.

HOLEKA -

The year is ... Well, nobody really knows for sure, nobody has been keeping count . Here in Holeka, only survival matters.

Its been roughly 120 years since the bomb struck, son. You ready to face this badass sonofabitch world?

History -

The year 2012, disaster struck. A deadly virus strain escaped through a vent from a labatory into populus, what did this virus do? Infect, and move on. The virus originated in Romania, where US scientists had been working hard to find a cure for AIDS, instead, ironically, they created something far worse. Soon the infection spread from a small town to all of Romania, all neighboring countries were evacuated. Soon US and Germany shut down its borders, and England did too, France broke into Civil War and Russia broke into three parts.

The year 2015, Infection was at a minimal, the strain in the air had died, and now only being wounded by an infected risked you infection. Medical care and the proper anti-virus could reverse the effects of the nameless infection, but once you were too far gone, you were too far gone. People started to name such creatures zombies, for some lumbered slow, while some ran fast, most inheritantly human, some twisted by the infection beyond recognition. France's civil war finally let up, and the borders to France were closed, but not before infection struck. Soon almost all of France was infected, the US ordered a nuke strike, but were talked out of it by England, after all, the radiation from such a strike would effect Britain and Germany as well. Russia nuked the two other parts of themselves, and then sealed themselves into underground bunkers, the infection quickly spread into Scandinavia, that year

The year 2020. Infection has wholly consumed all of Europe, England, and many small islands, US has launched operation Disconnect, cutting the small part of land connecting them to South America away, stopping the spread of infection in there from reaching the US. Madagascar broadcasts out a signal wave claiming there is no infection in Madagascar, several people go over in planes, but soon after radio and power, running water and food stockpiles in Madagascar run dry, and they are left to die.

The year 2021, US resigns to their fate, as the infection spreads everywhere but Washington DC, and launches a supernuke into the ocean, claiming that infection will never take US completely. However this forces a massive whirlpool into existence, which in a matter of days crashes the US into Europe, and creating the Bzerk Mountains. Asia becomes overrun.

The year 2025, only a few people are left alive, stockpiling food in a small crater surrounded by the Bzerk mountains, the first city is soon formed, named Deta. It flourishes quickly, as the Zed Lake is nearby, providing fresh water, and the Bzerk mountain providing minerals. A small herd of animals is established and quickly grown, giving food to the people of Delta

The year 2050,
Delta has reached its capacity level, survivors go off to create Omo, a short yet long city which soon becomes a Military training ground as well.
Later in the year a massive underground bunker is found, depicting life and technology, teaching the new humans lots. Crops are grown on the irradiated soil, and new life truly begins.

The year 2080, Trosh and Bluferd ,Delgrad and Ando have been founded, Ando opposite Deta, existing right at the very mudswamps of the Andez ocean. Bluferd and Trosh existing west of Omo, and Delgrad being built deep into the mountain. Many rich people relocate to Delgrad, and it is soon nicknamed the deposit of kings.

The year 2100, Delith and Endek, Kott and Ziz are founded, Endek being a massive port city, between the Zed lake and the Ando ocean, providing transport across the water for all. Kott being near the very top of the Zed lake, soon becoming known as the ' Water city ', due to its massive water purifying efforts, which amazingly work, Delith is located next to Ando. Ziz is built on the very edge of the Ando river, and is a study test ground for the infection, a goverment only city.

The year 2105 - Aristo is built, a massive city, bigger then Delta, many people flock to it, and the cities Zter and Esto are soon built.

The year 2110 - Zter and Esto and raided many times by the infected, forcing Aristo to burn them, and wall them off, Aristo walls itself off as well, the city of Ie begins construction, and a swamp city named Roz establishes itself, near the Andez ocean.

The year 2120 - Lilter begins construction, the infection begins to attack towns, forcing them to border up, or risk men to destroy the infected. Now many walled up places exist in Holeka, trapping thousands of infected inside.

The year 2125 - The present.

Keiran - A tale in the making -

My name is Keiran. I am 21 years old, I have black hair and grey eyes. My nose is finely chiselled, like the rest of my face. Some people would call me attractive, some would not. I do not care. This is my story :

I live in the city of Deta. It is a fine city, mighty and strong, large and impenetrable. I work as a lowly bartender, it may not be the best job in Holeka, but justice knows it pays well enough for me to buy food. One day, while I was wiping up a counter, a man came in. That is not strange by itself, lots of people come in here, battle hardened veterans usually. This man was no different, he was missing an eye, he was bald, and he had covered himself in tattoo's. Two of his fingers are missing on his left hand, his middle and his index, and he has a ring of iron on his right, he has clothed himself in some sort of leather. He comes over to me and asks me for a drink, his voice is rough, like gravel smashing against steel, and I reply earnestly, ' What would you like? ' He asks for the strongest kind, and I oblige, picking out a bottle of Xombka', a spirit made in Iz and distributed in small doses in hospitals as painkillers. I then ask him for the money, which he relunctantly hands over. He then turns to me and asks me if I'm happy. I'm taken aback by this, of course, and reply I am. He then swigs the whole bottle and then throws it at the wall, where it smashes, the glass shards spraying everywhere. He thens leans in closer to me,

'' How wud' you like to make some money? ''

This catches my interest, money is always helpful, I lean in closer as well,

'' Well ... That depends on what I would have to do ''

He smiles, his teeth are black, and in some cases, missing, '' Help me escurt' sum' weapons over to Ando ''

I sigh and sit back, a moral dilemma in my hands, then reinitiate the conversation,
'' How much do I get paid? ''

He laughs wildly,
'' 5,000 pounds ''

It is a lot of money, and it makes my mind cogs snap into action,

'' Well then, when do I start, Mr ...? ''

'' You may call me Frederik ''

'' Well, Frederik, my name is Keiran ''

'' Gud' ta' meet you Keiran, we start now, take this ''

And without warning he slipped his hand into the pocket of his leather jacket and in an instant throws a pistol at me, I catch it, but barely,

'' You do know how'ta use one of dem', right? ''

I nod abruptly, every man child and woman in Deta knows how to fire a gun. I pick up my hat from behind the counter, and put it on my head firmly, it is a good hat, it never blows away or tears, and I have it with me always,

'' Then lead the way, Frederik ''

He smiles, and leads me out of the bar and away from my old life, I dont have any family members left, and I sleep with friends who barely notice me, so I pick up the pace and join his side, ready to go out on this adventure,

'' Tell me boy, you ever seen a zombie befur'? ''

I shake my head, Deta has a superb security force, no zombie has ever come into public view

'' Well den' boy, you best get used to it ''

We walked for about twenty minutes in silence before we come to the gate, he looks up at the men patrolling the walls and shouts to them,

'' Oi! Open up dem' goddamn gates ''

I suddenly realize I have never been outside Deta before, and a pang of anxiety strikes me as the iron doors clang open,

'' C'mon now boy, the weapons and der' rest of the crew is waitin' just outside the gates ''

I shrug off any last minute doubts, and take my first steps outside of the city. We walk for a while, I wasn't keeping count, before we come to a wagon filled with guns of all kinds and five burly looking men. I suddenly feel very small, very alone,

'' Aye boys, this ere' is Keiran, treet' im' nicely, right? He's new to this and you all know we need a last guy on dis' job of ours ere', right? ''

All of the men nod, and Frederick grunts, happily. All of them seem to be dressed in just trousers, all of them are bare footed, bald, and they all seem to be carrying assualt rifles of some sort. Frederick walks up to the pile and throws me an assualt rifle of my own, reaches into his pocket, and then throws me two clips of ammo for it as well,

'' Shud' be all you need til' we get to Ando', righ'? ''

I nod, and we begin our way down the long, winding path to Ando.

Beefy
04-18-2009, 10:26 AM
you do realize that those are MoD's stories, and would get the shit pissed out of him if you posted them without his permission nor even include his name in these. you don't fool anyone flesh.

Flesh
04-18-2009, 10:31 AM
you do realize that those are MoD's stories, and would get the shit pissed out of him if you posted them without his permission nor even include his name in these. you don't fool anyone flesh.
I am MoD, and as of such I believe I can post my own ****in' stories, if I can't then holy shit why not?

Beefy
04-21-2009, 09:08 AM
no u

chaseh85
08-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Rays from the sun raced peeking ever so slightly through the closed blinds in Ethan’s bedroom. The light filtering in through his eyelids waking him slightly, he lay still for a moment enjoying the coolness of the quilt his grandmother had made him. If she had only known, how many mornings her gift would cause him to sleep in. As he lay in a half sleep dreaming in random pictures like he so often did, the smell of bacon rose in his nostrils, almost giving him the motivation to leave the quilt. But not quite…

Lacey was in a particularly bad mood this morning, but nothing was new about that. She had never been a morning person, even though she had woke up at 5am everyday since her 13th birthday. She stood in the kitchen, making breakfast, her long auburn hair pulled back in a ponytail, wearing her nightgown. She looked at the reflection of her face in the microwave door, sighed. In her prime she could have had any man she wanted, now after 3 kids and 10 years of an abusive marriage, she couldn’t count the wrinkles in her brow. “Ethan, wake up son! Your sisters have already left for school,” she yelled. Something about that boy, he never did wake up when he was supposed to. She scooped the remainder of the bacon and eggs from her skillet onto a plate for him and set it down at his place at the table. Three plates set one for her, one for Ethan, and one for…

Harvey was the star quarterback at the high school in the small Texas town he grew up in. He had everything going for him when he graduated; he was smart, tall with striking features, and a beautiful young wife. One would never have thought that one drunken driving accident could have taken almost everything he ever wanted away. The worst part was that he didn’t even remember leaving the party he had been at. He just woke up in a hospital bed to a doctor telling him he could never play football again. What he did remember was the look on Lacey’s face when she heard it. It seemed to him that the melancholy that set in behind her eyes in that moment has rested itself there permanently. In fact he could no longer bear to look into her eyes, but the whiskey helped that. For some it’s frowned upon to drink before 5pm, and yet he found himself drunk by 10am most days, and today was no exception. He ignored his wives call for him to come to breakfast, as he flipped the channel to the morning news. “What the hell!?” What he saw he could not believe it must be some sort of prank or hoax. “Honey!” he yelled, he couldn’t believe his eyes how could this be right. “HONEY!” he yelled one more time, his heart was pounding. The stabbing pain started in his arm, he held it to his side, he made an attempt to yell again, and then fell forward onto the carpet…

Ethan sat in his grandmother’s front room, but something didn’t seem quite right, there were little things from his own room here and something about the color of everything wasn’t right. His grandmother sat across from him as she had done so many times when he was younger. Knitting needles resting crossways on her lap, sipping tea. “Morning sweetheart,” she said to him ever so softly. “Did you sleep well,” she lifted her mug and took another sip of her tea. Ethan looked around for a moment beginning to become very confused, his grandmother had died 1 year ago, and the more he looked around the less this looked like her sitting room. “Its ok baby,” she said “you’re dreaming, but it’s not time for you to wake up just yet, so why don’t you sit and talk with me for a while.” Still confused Ethan sat down across from her. “But grams, if I’m dreaming then your just in my imagination,” he replied. “Things are changing baby boy,” she quietly said. “So I’ve used the last of my luck to come here to you.” “I don’t understand grams,” he said, now getting a little upset. “This can’t be real, your dead, and dead people can’t come back.” His grandmother sat for a moment and stared at him, there was sadness in her eyes that he had never seen when she was alive, and it unnerved him, he began to feel himself pulling away from the dream. “You will understand soon enough baby boy, but now its time to.”

“WAKE UP” Lacey yelled one more time, at her lazy son. I swear I’ll kill that boy if he is late for school again, she thought to herself. She was now standing over the dishes scrubbing grease from the bacon pan. “Lord help that boy if I have to go in there,” she mumbled to herself. She heard the shuffling of feet behind her, “Harvey! I don’t have time for your shit right now; your breakfast is on the table.” She swung around to yell at him some more, but the shock of what she saw caused her to drop the plate she was washing breaking it into pieces on the ground. “Wha What the hell Harvey, whats wrong?” she gasped. He gave no response, he had lost all color in his face and arms and he eyes were rolled into the back of his head, yet he was walking right at her. He moved at her with a menace different that his normal drunken rages, in fact he wasn’t showing any sort of emotion as he advanced. He reached the kitchen table, but instead of walking around it he crawled over Ethan’s chair and onto the table and proceeded to come towards her. Fear rose up into her chest, of all the times he had beat on her through the years, she had never been scared. Resentful, angry, even apathetic at some points, but this was different she had a fear for her life in that moment and she could not suppress it.

He was within feet of her now and advancing faster, she was running on instinct as he tackled her. The broken piece of the plate she had dropped found her hand somehow as he took her to the ground his teeth nearing her neck. She gripped it tight and swung up, stabbing it into the soft flesh of his temple.

There was more blood than he had ever seen. “Mom! are you ok, Dad what happened to him,” he screamed. “What is happening?” His mother was sitting on the floor of the kitchen soaked in blood, his father face first on the ground just a foot from where she sat. She didn’t respond, he moved closer to her and saw she was shaking all over. “Mom, are you ok what happened?” he asked her as he sat beside her and put one arm around her, trying to stop her shaking. “He just came at me, I don’t know” she replied, seeming to gather herself a little. “Mom something isn’t right, I just had a dream, and grams was there and she was really there, I think she wanted to tell me something.” His mother looked up at him and almost said something, when he noticed a large bite mark on her neck, and that she seemed to be losing a lot of blood. “Oh God, mom your bleeding bad, we have to get you to a doctor, right now.” She seemed dazed like she couldn’t quite here what he was saying. Tears filled his eyes…

Lacey knew Ethan was holding her but she couldn’t quite hear what he was saying. She knew she had lost a lot of blood, because her vision was blurry and she felt very cold. She wished she had eaten some of the breakfast she had made them, losing all that blood had made her very hungry. Her stomach was growling the hunger pain was unbearable. She looked up at Ethan again he was crying now, such a good kid she thought. She tried to comfort him but she couldn’t form any words. She really needed to go to the hospital; maybe they could stop on the way there and get some food. She was so hungry; she couldn’t lift her head anymore so she buried it in Ethan’s arms. So hungry, if only she could tell him how hungry she was, maybe he could help her. His warm body felt good against her skin, who was he again? Someone she knew, she was sure of that, but really that didn’t matter anymore. She was too hungry to think, she needed to eat…

Flood
08-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh shit. This is a good story so far bro, seriously.

Zed
08-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Damn, we need to finish this competition off. It's only four months outdated.

Ash
08-28-2009, 04:02 PM
I'd love to, but I don't know what the **** to do after that.

Beefy
09-03-2009, 06:15 PM
i...... dont know.

Brainstick
09-03-2009, 11:39 PM
is this competition or something and what do we do we just read the story ?

N30N
09-30-2009, 06:18 PM
I'd love to, but I don't know what the **** to do after that.

I just read through 14 pages to hear the end of your story.

FINISH IT!

Cook
11-10-2009, 11:09 PM
so the zombie collab is back now?

pqrs082
11-24-2009, 03:54 PM
这是新加的空白文章6,可以在ubb可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。

Cook
11-24-2009, 09:44 PM
amen to that nigga

suicidalbananah
12-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Rays from the sun raced peeking ever so slightly through the closed blinds in Ethan’s bedroom. The light filtering in through his eyelids waking him slightly, he lay still for a moment enjoying the coolness of the quilt his grandmother had made him. If she had only known, how many mornings her gift would cause him to sleep in. As he lay in a half sleep dreaming in random pictures like he so often did, the smell of bacon rose in his nostrils, almost giving him the motivation to leave the quilt. But not quite…

Thats mah name! Cool beans, man.

Zero
12-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Woah, woah, woah!!! When's the due date in this thing? Because I wanna join!

Zed
12-23-2009, 04:49 AM
I don't think there really is a due date now. It sort of fizzled out. There's no real reason we couldn't wait for your entry and then make a poll though. Assuming no one else minds.

Zero
12-23-2009, 10:26 PM
So, what your saying is you can still post your story here?

Sunder Forge
12-23-2009, 11:19 PM
I tried, was never good at stories...

So, I guess before I get into the present, I should explain the past. But that's stupid, as nothing that ever had meaning, has meaning anymore, money, cars, women, heck even a big house don't mean shit anymore.
When it first started, I was enjoying myself on my fifth day out of prison. They were still watching me, and I hadn't had a Tv or anything, my god I didn't even have a window, I had nothing to warn me when they came.

My wakeup call was a couple of my neighbours clawing at my door. If I knew they were dead, I'd of jumped out the window, but god **** me, I had no way "to" know. When that first one came at me though, god it felt like a sponge truck at fallen on me, and not an averge sponge truck, one full of sponges "and" water. It was heavy, and spelt like a dog hate it'self. Too bad for those ones though, in prison, not only do you learn how to be a member of society, you learn how to direct all your hate on one thing, that and get ripped. Haha, ripped, that's exactly what I did to those things, heck, I'd be more scared of I then them if I weren't me. But yeah, that was my wake up call, not some dollarstore alarm clock that dies every three nights.
Out in the open wasn't really the best idea, but hey, no pain no gain right?.... right?

Oh my god, it was pretty much suicide, some guy out my window, was screaming and yelling. See, he thought what I was gonng think in four minutes, which is when the landlord and is familly were planning to visit me. Anyways, this guy, he's haveing a meltdown on the spot, because he's surrounded by.... shit I don't know, how many guys can fit in a stadium? Should be something like that, but damn, it was like watching a fish fight sand, to start with, even if it wins, it's still ****ed. So, back to my part, I was waiting in the elevator for floor- ah I mean ground zero.

Turns out that idea was shit two, has about three more guys, pretty sure the fags who were getting kicked out and some stupid kid tryed to jump me. The kid went down fast, thanks to Carla.Carla's my switchblade, she's fifteen years old now, been through alot with her, wasn't for her I'd be dead, or deader... is deaderer a word? anyways, I came down on the kid like a ****ing falcon, but the guys, they were heavy, kinda slippery too. One of the bastards actually had to balls to "TRY" and bite me. I made him feel sorry, if there's one thing I learned in the military, it's how to push two dumbasses off of you. One kick to the chest, and a blade through the head, not exactly what they taught, but it gets the job done. I wished I had died there, because I pretty much died inside at that point. I realised everything was gone there, only good side was... I already had nothing.

You ever read about 9/11? How people ran to the roof, just to jump off and die? Well these bastards had a take on that, but they weren't aiming to kill themselves, heck they were practically human bombshells. One ****ing came right down on me, felt like a truck, broke my goddam legs, still wasn't enough to bring me down though. Six others fell near me, and by the time I had crawled into an empty car, they had formed a human pile of shit. I really thought I was dead there, said around 40 hail marries, I skipped most of the lyrics, but I think he got the picture. It was like my big break or something, as it turns out the smell from the one that fell on top of me, combined with my puke and urine coating my cloths, I was a living one of them.

But that doesn't matter now, as as I write this on a ****ing napkin, through the pain of my goddam pancake legs, a truckload of people, seemingly intelligent as my smell hasn't tricked em, are clawing at my doors. Danmit Carla, we were so close, time wasters, knew they'd be the death of me.

Flood
12-24-2009, 12:07 AM
I remember back when me and my friends would joke about this. We would drive in a fast car, shooting zombies and it would be all fun. These aren’t zombies. They’re worse than those horrible beasts you see in movies and in videogames. We weren’t badasses, like we said we’d be. We died when all this started.
The first time we encountered them, was awful. The people who were leaving the city, were caught in enormous traffic jams. The day they arrived from Los Angeles, we all died. Not physically from day one, but we all knew, everyone was hopeless. You’d think the military could come and help everybody and save the day. But no..they didn’t. The people in those traffic jams were eaten alive inside there cars. They swarmed them, babies died, elderly, they were all devoured by those monsters. Instead of driving in cars with my two best friends, I was hiding in my attic, with my dad’s rifle. My family had left, and I knew there was no hope of getting out of the city, so they left without me because I refused to leave. I regret it now, I wish I could have died with them. Every day, I think of the possibility of suicide. But I can’t pull that damn trigger. Its like god refuses to let me.
One of those horrible days I suffered for a month, I went out in search of water. Oh god, I was thirsty, I hadn’t drank anything in days. It was very hard to find anything that I could drink without it killing me. I went inside the Fry’s that was up the busy street, that I used to live on. All those people’s cars were still there, with their remains inside, spilled all over the seats, windows, and everything else in the car. The first time I saw the sight, I gagged. I’m sure I would have thrown up, had I had anything in my stomach in the first place. Now, I’ve started to get used to the disgusting sight. I sprinted across the parking lot and slammed my back up against the wall next to the broken sliding doors. I peeked in and saw nothing. I crept inside slowly using my prefrial vision to look in as many directions as possible. It wasn’t enough, I was pounced on from the back by one of those beasts. Its skin was crusty, and gross. It wasn’t wearing any clothes, and its face and hands were covered in blood. I dropped my gun and it slid away from me a few feet. The thing sat up from tackling me and hit me in the back with something. It was the most painful thing I’d ever felt. I yelled out but quickly recovered. I crawled with the thing on top of me, toward my gun, grabbed it, and hit the thing in the head with the butt of the gun. With my back numb and pain shooting through my whole body, I knew this was my last chance before it would get up and kill me. I lunged toward it and held it to the ground by the neck choking it. I pulled my gun up, and crushed its head on the ground with the butt of the gun, 3 or 4 times. After I took a breath I got up and felt to see what I was hit with, and felt a wooden handle. I realized it was a hatchet in my back. I grabbed a piece of rubber from the broken sliding doors and held it with my teeth. I pulled the hatchet out and bit onto the rubber as hard as I could from the pain. It was the new most painful thing I had ever felt. But that day wouldn’t end when I screamed, from the hatchet, I must of alerted some more of those, beasts. They swarmed toward me, I knew it was the end, I grabbed my rifle and quickly took aim, then shot myself up through the chin. Everything went black, and I’m sure they had a nice meal.

Zero
12-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Is it really necessery to let the man die?

Flood
12-24-2009, 12:28 AM
how would you stand up to a horde of zombies in the fourth biggest city in the united states. the setting is real, its my neighborhood.

DarkCloud
12-24-2009, 01:36 AM
This is my short story took like 10 minutes so it probably sucks.

My name is Alex Wells. Since I was little I was always scared of zombies invading my town and we would all be dead. But that was when I was around 7 after some years that idea never crossed my mind again until 10 years later. My town had always been empty barely any people lived there. But when I was 14 they made some nuclear factory or something of that shit. I didn’t like it there was barely any animals after that, people were missing. Some people thought that the animals mutated and killed the citizens. But I didn’t believe that I knew it was something worse. That’s when I saw the little rabbit it look so cute and cuddly I started chasing it Don’t ask why but I did. Then it turned back it had murder in its eyes. Then I saw his face covered in blood. It was all as fast as a flash but the rabbit bit me and it all went blank.
I woke up I was terrified I couldn’t see shit. It felt like if my head was on fire I couldn’t breathe I felt dead. I look at my hands they were turning into a greenish color. From that moment I realized what I was a zombie. I tried to yell but I couldn’t I was screaming inside my mind I couldn’t control any of my movements. I was controlled by that virus from the damn nuclear crap. I was the first human to get infected. I couldn’t stop I broke the door to my house started breaking things then I saw my dad. I couldn’t control myself I was starving I needed food and he was there. I tried to stop but I couldn’t I killed him. I tried to cry but I couldn’t I turned my own dad into a zombie. From there more people became infected and it became a worldwide pandemic.
To this day I’m still a zombie I’ve killed over 5,000 people. Now I’m 23 I can still think normally but cannot stop my body. The body has completely taken over me. When I see people coming with guns I just want to stand there and get shot so I could be free from all this madness. The worst part is that this is all my fault. I have tried to suicide thousands of times but cannot. I hope they don’t find a cure because every single zombie that turns back will just kill themselves. I hope mankind kills all my of kind.

Sunder Forge
12-24-2009, 01:43 AM
That's a comedy right?
That's hilarious

DarkCloud
12-24-2009, 01:50 AM
sunder you're talking to me right

Sunder Forge
12-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Yeah
I laughed at some of it.

DarkCloud
12-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Which ones in particular

Sunder Forge
12-24-2009, 02:00 AM
. Since I was little I was always scared of zombies invading my town and we would all be dead. But when I was 14 they made some nuclear factory or something of that shit. Some people thought that the animals mutated and killed the citizens. But I didn’t believe that I knew it was something worse. That’s when I saw the little rabbit it look so cute and cuddly I started chasing it Don’t ask why but I did. Then it turned back it had murder in its eyes. Then I saw his face covered in blood. It was all as fast as a flash but the rabbit bit me and it all went blank.
I woke up I was terrified I couldn’t see shit. I look at my hands they were turning into a greenish color. From that moment I realized what I was a zombie. I was the first human to get infected. I couldn’t stop I broke the door to my house started breaking things then I saw my dad. I couldn’t control myself I was starving I needed food and he was there. I tried to stop but I couldn’t I killed him. I tried to cry but I couldn’t I turned my own dad into a zombie. From there more people became infected and it became a worldwide pandemic.
To this day I’m still a zombie I’ve killed over 5,000 people. Now I’m 23 I can still think normally but cannot stop my body. The body has completely taken over me. When I see people coming with guns I just want to stand there and get shot so I could be free from all this madness. The worst part is that this is all my fault. I have tried to suicide thousands of times but cannot. I hope they don’t find a cure because every single zombie that turns back will just kill themselves. I hope mankind kills all my of kind.

Everything that's bolded, I removed some non funny stuff too.... which was a bad idea..

DarkCloud
12-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Hehehe I like the rabbit part =D

Zero
12-25-2009, 01:34 AM
Do you dream of dying?
Do you dream of Suicide?
Do you dream you weren't born in this world?

I dream all of these.
I dream all of it would come true....
but they didn't.

Welcome to my world.

You may think this is your normal average world. Well its not.

What I'm about to tell you is a world wide epidemic.

I'm Ryan. We are 6 in the family. 4 children and the parents. I'm the oldest.It started out as a normal sunny day. Doing my normal Routine. Playing basketball, Hanging out with friends, Playing video games. That was the life. It was. Until the accident.

We all watched the T.V Anxiously that day. Then there was an emergency broadcast. There had been a terrible Virus that had broken out and now its infecting each person at a time. Its causing death everywhere. Please evacuate your houses and run to the nearest airport or port. The Virus is turning people into-

The Signal was out. We started packing our things. My dad gets his Desert eagle pistol. If your asking why he has this gun, its because he works from the military. We were gonna leave then there was this really sick man outside our glass door. He was banging the glass door with his fist. My dad fearing he was asking for help, opened the glass door. Suddenly, the man attacked my father. My mom told us to find something useful we can use to attack the man. My father was still struggling. I went upstairs. The others stayed downstairs. I was searching for any weapon I could find in my room. Then suddenly i heard sounds outside our house. I looked outside my window and there were more of them coming. Back downstairs, the fight was still going on. My father cant shoot the man for his arms were pinned down. Then I went downstairs to warn them that more were coming. I saw my fathers gun beside the stairs. I grabbed hold, shot the man, and told everybody of my family more were coming. I noticed my father was injured. The injury looked more like a bite mark. I asked my father if he's okay. He just nodded. Finally the people broke the glass doors and ran towards us. We went upstairs to my fathers room. My father grabbed a grenade from his room. We know what he was going to do. We tried to convince him not to do it but he insisted. We asked why. He said its already too late for him. My mom grabbed all of us and put us outside my fathers window. There was still a roof so we can still stand. My father said to take care of the family. I'm the oldest in the family. Then he pulled the pin of the grenade. We all ran and jumped to the family car. It was 2 feet or so. It hurts but we all got inside the family car. Then the house exploded.We told our mom that if she knows how to drive the car. No response. Then we noticed she's been eaten alive!! We locked the doors, closed all the windows. Oh, I forgot to mention it was an Humvee. We all asked if anyone here knows how to drive a car. Nobody knew. So I will have to drive since I'm the oldest and I'm responsible for my brothers. How hard can it be to drive a car. I started the engines and drove away our house. We looked back our house. It was on fire. Then it exploded!. The fire must have reached the kitchen gas tanks. My youngest brother cried. There was only one hope.

The military.

To be continued

Cook
12-25-2009, 02:16 AM
Do you dream of dying?
Do you dream of Suicide?
Do you dream you weren't born in this world?

I dream all of these.
I dream all of it would come true....
but they didn't.

Welcome to my world.

You may think this is your normal average world. Well its not.

What I'm about to tell you is a world wide epidemic.

I'm Ryan. We are 6 in the family. 4 children and the parents. I'm the oldest.It started out as a normal sunny day. Doing my normal Routine. Playing basketball, Hanging out with friends, Playing video games. That was the life. It was. Until the accident.

We all watched the T.V Anxiously that day. Then there was an emergency broadcast. There had been a terrible Virus that had broken out and now its infecting each person at a time. Its causing death everywhere. Please evacuate your houses and run to the nearest airport or port. The Virus is turning people into-

The Signal was out. We started packing our things. My dad gets his Desert eagle Sorry, but there's no way in hell he could get a weapon of that devastation. pistol. If your asking why he has this gun, its because he works from the military. We were gonna leave then there was this really sick man outside our glass door. He was banging the glass door with his fist. My dad fearing he was asking for help, opened the glass door. Suddenly, the man attacked my father. My mom told us to find something useful we can use to attack the man. My father was still struggling. I went upstairs. The others stayed downstairs. I was searching for any weapon I could find in my room. I can recall a massive pistol. Then suddenly i heard sounds outside our house. I looked outside my window and there were more of them coming. Back downstairs, the fight was still going on. My father cant shoot the man for his arms were pinned down. Then I went downstairs to warn them that more were coming. I saw my fathers gun beside the stairs. I grabbed hold, shot the man, and told everybody of my family more were coming. I noticed my father was injured. The injury looked more like a bite mark. I asked my father if he's okay. He just nodded. Finally the people broke the glass doors I thought they were open. and ran towards us. We went upstairs to my fathers room. My father grabbed a grenade The **** is this, Rambo? from his room. We know what he was going to do. We tried to convince him not to do it but he insisted. We asked why. He said its already too late for him. My mom grabbed all of us and put us outside my fathers window. There was still a roof so we can still stand. My father said to take care of the family. I'm the oldest in the family. Then he pulled the pin of the grenade. We all ran and jumped to the family car. It was 2 feet you can jump well over two feet. more like 2 meters. or so. It hurts but we all got inside the family car. Then the house exploded. from a single nade? an entire house? well, since the roof is "2 feet or so" there isn't much to blow up. We told our mom that if she knows how to drive the car. No response. Then we noticed she's been eaten alive!! Wait, what? We locked the doors, closed all the windows. Oh, I forgot to mention it was an Humvee. ****in' brilliant. I assumed the army gave him a Desert Eagle, a hand grenade and a Humvee after they were finished kissing his ass. We all asked if anyone here knows how to drive a car. Nobody knew. So I will have to drive since I'm the oldest and I'm responsible for my brothers. How hard can it be to drive a car. I started the engines and drove away not very hard apparently. our house. We looked back our house. It was on fire. Then it exploded!. Throw Bruce Willis in there and you got a movie. and grammatical mistake btw. The fire must have reached the kitchen gas tanks. Which naturally snake around the house so that the entire building may explode, not just the stove. My youngest brother cried. And he didn't when his parents were being eaten alive? shit, kid's got balls. There was only one hope.

The military.

To be continued underlines and edits in bold. sorry if the crits are tough, but life's a real bitch.

2-D
12-25-2009, 02:30 AM
that opening was really gay, like a ****ing 12 year old wrote it and thought an emo opening would be dark and cool

Zero
12-25-2009, 02:45 AM
I am a 12 year old 2-D.

2-D
12-25-2009, 12:43 PM
i can tell

Flood
12-25-2009, 06:29 PM
ban the mother ****er.

Zero
12-25-2009, 09:51 PM
@Flood: Why would you want to ban me?
@Beefyv2: Thanks for the comments or suggestions(If there's any.) :)
@2-D: Sorry. I didnt know that.

Flood
12-26-2009, 01:30 AM
you have to be 13 and up to be on here

Zero
12-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Oh, Im sorry. I thought Animating has no limit. :(

Sunder Forge
12-27-2009, 06:20 PM
That was amazing, you should seriously consider being a writer

Flood
12-27-2009, 07:39 PM
That was amazing, you should seriously consider being a writer
what scares me the most is i dont think that was a joke

Sunder Forge
12-27-2009, 07:41 PM
what scares me the most is i dont think that was a joke
How could it not be a joke?

Flood
12-27-2009, 07:43 PM
How could it not be a joke?

i think hes foreign

Cook
12-27-2009, 09:53 PM
that was priceless. I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

Cook
12-28-2009, 11:53 AM
oh, I'm sure it would of had been "better".

Flood
12-28-2009, 12:09 PM
it would've been funnier, thats for sure

Cook
12-28-2009, 12:23 PM
haha, good one. it's good to see that more people are posting in the literature section nowadays.

BDninja
12-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Here is mine.

It felt like a normal day. Pretty much was a normal day. My name is Kevin. So like a normal day, I got out of bed, set my clock, took a shower, brushed my teeth, and went to school. Took my Japanese class, my Spanish class, my Sweedish class, my French class, my German class, and etc. After school, I was hanging out with my friends on the roof top of the school. A random guy took the leesh off his dog. The dog jumped on the school. The dog looked like a zombie, but my friend Caleb blames the owner, but my other two friends, Lexi and Tia, think the dog is cute. I thought the dog was saying to me. "Please help me! My owner is killing me!" The owner came on the roof. You dumb dog! Stay out of people's business! After he said that I was thinking the dog said. "You see?"

Meanwhile, a scientist in Japan was trying to make a robot. He actually made a zombie! He got mixed up with the zombie materials and the robot materials. But I'm thinking. "What kind of dumb scientist gets mixed up with that?" How I new is because on the news they anounced. "Zombies are in Japan!" And after they said that, the signal went out on the TV, but the zombies weren't just in Japan, they spreaded. They spreaded faster than you can say the word zombies. It was like 1+1=2, 2+2=4, and 4+4=8. I looked out side all the lights were turned off. Because light attracts zombies. I turned mine off then.

After all that I moved to Canada, and also my friends did too. They thought that was a good idea, but when I moved to Canada, my home was a farm. "It did not have a farm on the news paper". I said. Oh well. If I have a farm I guess I have to use it. So I bought cows, and corn seeds. After that I was having launch, I had unscliced ham and milk. Then a zombie came. It ate all my cows brains and it came into my office. I said. "Ah a zombie!" I threw the unscliced ham at the zombie, and ran in to my room. The zombie ate the unscliced ham and died. I came back to my office and the zombie was dead. I thought that the zombie eats brains, but if it eats meat it will die.

I went to an ice cream shop and saw my friends there. When my friends were there a migit zombie came. Me and Lexi ran into the employees room. Caleb and Tia died by the migit zombie. We came out and saw the migit zombie dead, the police, and the news people. Then a zombie came in, but it looked like a person. It was talking to me and said, "You want some ice cream?" I said "sure". but then it bit my arm off and died.

The police got me to the hospital. They put a robot arm on me, and I went to the waiting room and saw Lexi there. I sat down with her, and she asked me. "Do you know how to stop the zombies?" "Yes". I said. What? Give them meat, and they will die.

We went to the police and said. Give the zombies meat and they will die. People started packing meat in to the planes, and the planes droped meat all over the world. Alot of zombies were dieing, but not all. One of the packers was my friend Jordan. Jordan was very jelouse of me. He was thinking If I could be as popular as Kevin I need to tell the news people that vegetables could also kill zombies.

He told the news people that vegetables can kill them too, but he was wrong. They started to pack vegetables in the planes. The planes were droping vetetbles and they were making the zombies stronger, faster, and even jump higher, but thankfuly not that high.

Obiously they switched back to meat, gave me a medal for saving the world, and people thought Jordan was so dumb they put him back in colledge, and after all that I merried Lexi.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I had an error sorry.

P.S If your name is Jordan sorry to offend you.

Flood
12-28-2009, 07:53 PM
i came.

Cook
12-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Here is mine.

It felt like a normal day. Pretty much was a normal day. My name is Kevin. So like a normal day, I got out of bed, set my clock, took a shower, brushed my teeth, and went to school. Took my Japanese class, my Spanish class, my Sweedish class, my French class, my German class, and etc. After school, I was hanging out with my friends on the roof top of the school. A random guy took the leesh off his dog. The dog jumped on the school. The dog looked like a zombie, but my friend Caleb blames the owner, but my other two friends, Lexi and Tia, think the dog is cute. I thought the dog was saying to me. "Please help me! My owner is killing me!" The owner came on the roof. You dumb dog! Stay out of people's business! After he said that I was thinking the dog said. "You see?"

Meanwhile, a scientist in Japan was trying to make a robot. He actually made a zombie! He got mixed up with the zombie materials and the robot matherials. But I'm thinking. "What kind of dumb scientist gets mixed up with that?" How I new is because on the news they anounced. "Zombies are in Japan!" And after they said that, the signal went out on the TV, but the zombies weren't just in Japan, they spreaded. They spreaded faster than you can say the word zombies. It was like 1+1=2, 2+2=4, and 4+4=8. I looked out side all the lights were turned off. Because light attracts zombies. I turned mine off then.

After all that I moved to Canada, and also my friends did too. They thought that was a good idea, but when I moved to Canada, my home was a farm. "It did not have a farm on the news paper". I said. Oh well. If I have a farm I guess I have to use it. So I bought cows, and corn seeds. After that I was having launch, I had unscliced ham and milk. Then a zombie came. It ate all my cows brains and it came into my office. I said. "Ah a zombie!" I though the unscliced ham at the zombie, and ran in to my room. The zombie ate the unscliced ham and died. I came back to my office and the zombie was dead. I thought that the zombie eats brains, but if it eats meat it will die.

I went to an ice cream shop and saw my friends there. When my friends were there a migit zombie came. Me and Lexi ran into the employees room. Caleb and Tia died by the migit zombie. We came out and saw the migit zombie dead, the police, and the news people. Then a zombie came in, but it looked like a person. It was talking to me and said, "You want some ice cream?" I said "sure". but then it bit my arm off and died.

The police got me to the hospital. They put a robot arm on me, and I went to the waiting room and saw Lexi there. I sat down with her, and she asked me. "Do you know how to stop the zombies?" "Yes". I said. What? Give them meat, and they will die.

We went to the police and said. Give the zombies meat and they will die. People started packing meat in to the planes, and the planes droped meat all over the world. Alot of zombies were dieing, but not all. One of the packers was my friend Jordan. Jordan was very jelouse of me. He was thinking If I could be as popular as Kevin I need to tell the news people that vegetables could also kill zombies.

He told the news people that vegetables can kill them too, but he was wrong. They started to pack vegetables in the planes. The planes were droping vetetbles and they were making the zombies stronger, faster, and even jump higher, but thankfuly not that high.

Obiously they switched back to meat, gave me a medal for saving the world, and people thought Jordan was so dumb they put him back in colledge, and after all that I merried Lexi.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I had an error sorry.

If I had an error sorry.

If I had an error

If I had

If

I rest my case.

Zed
12-29-2009, 05:11 AM
In terms of grammar and spelling, we could at least read what you wrote. On content, though, I think maybe a bit more detail and less plot holes would have served you well.

Handshake
12-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Here is mine.

Meanwhile, a scientist in Japan was trying to make a robot. He actually made a zombie! He got mixed up with the zombie materials and the robot materials. But I'm thinking. "What kind of dumb scientist gets mixed up with that?" How I new is because on the news they anounced. "Zombies are in Japan!" And after they said that, the signal went out on the TV, but the zombies weren't just in Japan, they spreaded. They spreaded faster than you can say the word zombies. It was like 1+1=2, 2+2=4, and 4+4=8. I looked out side all the lights were turned off. Because light attracts zombies. I turned mine off then.

After all that I moved to Canada, and also my friends did too. They thought that was a good idea, but when I moved to Canada, my home was a farm. "It did not have a farm on the news paper". I said. Oh well. If I have a farm I guess I have to use it. So I bought cows, and corn seeds. After that I was having launch, I had unscliced ham and milk. Then a zombie came. It ate all my cows brains and it came into my office. I said. "Ah a zombie!" I threw the unscliced ham at the zombie, and ran in to my room. The zombie ate the unscliced ham and died. I came back to my office and the zombie was dead. I thought that the zombie eats brains, but if it eats meat it will die.

If I had an error sorry.

You just broke the time/space vortex. How the **** ..

Earth's Angel
01-01-2010, 09:10 PM
i like zed's who ever that is

FoShizzle
01-02-2010, 12:40 AM
ok hears mi stori

ther waz ones a kid who waz 11 named george he likd banana.
george want buy wepaons b4 apocolypse zombie he new it wud hppen bcuz he herd ovar da newz dat zombie spreding starts. his dad has desert eagle, rpg, grenade and flamethrower rdy 4 acopbolypse. den da wholze world waz sombie and daddy said "son b4 we go i love u" end he huggd george. it waz rlly sad but he said "dad im already 11 im a men" end he laghed. we laft our houze end for sum raeson it exploded. "dad y house explode" he asked. but daddy wuz 2 bussi driving.

to b continuz.

Devour
01-02-2010, 01:02 AM
I came.

Zed
01-02-2010, 07:28 AM
i like zed's who ever that is

I agree with this guy.

Also, is anyone yet to post theirs who is still working on it or shall we cut straight to the poll?

Devour
01-02-2010, 07:55 AM
i has to try dis

i was slepin but then my momy was like 'billy waik upp!!!' but i was liek 'no im tired go away' but she was like 'but you hav to!!!' and then she dove on top o me and savd me frum zomby. da zomby ate her brane so i got up an ran away. dady told me we had to go but i was like 'wat about momy???!!' but den he sed 'shes gone sun lets go' and we went to his military jepe and we escapd.
so we went to da mall and i grabd my roket nuke bazuka lazer destroyer and blew dem up and we won

Flood
01-02-2010, 07:35 PM
that was the best story i've ever read in my life. seemed to be quite a bit of typos though.

Flood
01-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Here is mine.

It felt like a normal day. Pretty much was a normal day. My name is Kevin. So like a normal day, I got out of bed, set my clock, took a shower, brushed my teeth, and went to school. Took my Japanese class, my Spanish class, my Sweedish class, my French class, my German class, and etc.
you forgot math and vietnamese class

Myself
01-04-2010, 09:50 AM
John Stalvern waited.

The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base.

He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

John was a space marine for fourteen years.

When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS!"

There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were demons.

"I will shoot at him" said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.

The radio said "No, John. You are the demons."

Sunder Forge
01-04-2010, 03:27 PM
John Stalvern waited.
Plagarisim is not fair. We cannot compete with the work from a competent author.

Flood
01-04-2010, 05:37 PM
John Stalvern waited.

The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base.

He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

John was a space marine for fourteen years.

When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."

The radio said "No, John. You are the demons."

brilliant .

Myself
01-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Plagarisim is not fair. We cannot compete with the work from a competent author.

Joe Stalvern waited.

Joe was a space marine for fourteen years.

So Joe gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.

The radio said "No, Joe. You are the demons."

And then Joe was a zombie.

Stik_pimp
01-05-2010, 03:08 PM
and he blew up earth with a 5mil ton nuke.And lived.

Myself
01-09-2010, 02:52 AM
and he blew up earth with a 5mil ton nuke.And lived.

no .