PDA

View Full Version : Boing Boing

STUFF
02-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Since I've had no school for the past week due to President's Week in New York City, my brother and I have been rewatching Disney movies for the hell of it and I guess it kind of inspired me to animate some stuff. Since I've forgetten lots of basics, I started off with a

Run test:
http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=204968

followed by a Jump test:
http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=493098

I'm going to need all the criticism I can get if I want to improve.

genocide
02-20-2009, 10:18 PM
the jump test was the best, I loved how his head moved before his body for a more carntooney look, it was a pretty good animation.

For the run test, it didn't flow to well, you did pretty well on the legs it was the body of him that didn't go so well..I realize it's fullbody so just keep it up and keep working.

Goodluck

Foda
02-20-2009, 10:27 PM
your style is so weird...i love it

STUFF
02-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Thank you, my fellow animators.

Tawnik
02-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Yay Stuff is still animating ?? wow =)

Drawings are good, timing is okay but if I were you I'd work MORE on easing.Once you have easing down you'll become awesome fullbody animator.
Thats the criticism =)

STUFF
02-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Yay Stuff is still animating ?? wow =)

Drawings are good, timing is okay but if I were you I'd work MORE on easing.Once you have easing down you'll become awesome fullbody animator.
Thats the criticism =)

Yeah, easing has always been a problem with me. I'm going to try to alter my mistakes this time around though.

Chunky
02-21-2009, 06:37 PM
sweet animations <3

LN3uq
animator's survival kit much?

they look pretty good, but especially on the second one the guy changes sizes a lot, it looks like he gains about 40 pounds by the end of the jump

Wtf
I like your scribbles.

STUFF
02-21-2009, 06:45 PM
animator's survival kit much?

they look pretty good, but especially on the second one the guy changes sizes a lot, it looks like he gains about 40 pounds by the end of the jump

Yeah, I was watching Disney animations and that reminded me of the book I have.

Also, it was meant to be his shirt filled with air as he was descending from the jump, but I guess it was pretty unclear. Thanks.

DarkComics
02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Since I've had no school for the past week due to President's Week in New York City, my brother and I have been rewatching Disney movies for the hell of it and I guess it kind of inspired me to animate some stuff. Since I've forgetten lots of basics, I started off with a

Run test:
http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=204968

followed by a Jump test:
http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=493098

I'm going to need all the criticism I can get if I want to improve.

Hey remenber me ! ^^ longtime no see, well nice anim there keep it up

STUFF
02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
woah, holy crap..

Yeah, I remember you. Where were you the whole time?

Lixu
02-22-2009, 02:54 AM
Nothing to critic on really, it's like a unique style of animation. The only thing major is, for me, how much the characters shake. Try to draw your figure with a steady and and do your best with onion skin.

Ssjbryando
02-22-2009, 05:32 AM
The run test was kinda jerky and his hand also bend weirdly (Front arm), the jump was well done. Although it looked like he had a lot of weight in his belly, but he seemed pretty slim. [But I guess that's disney style?]

I personlly do't like what you did with the back arm/leg, making it black and such. I mean, its good to do that, but not totally that color. Maybe the same color, or a lighter color as the front leg/arm and THEN the black scribbles.

I don't know :D

STRAIGHT FROM THE UNDERGROUND

stephenyoung91
02-22-2009, 07:21 AM
I usually don't like FBF full body, but i liked this for some reason, it has that sketchy look to it, all i can say is keep at it :)

STUFF
02-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Nothing to critic on really, it's like a unique style of animation. The only thing major is, for me, how much the characters shake. Try to draw your figure with a steady and and do your best with onion skin.
Yeah, I'm pretty bad at consistency too. I'll try to work on it. Thanks.

The run test was kinda jerky and his hand also bend weirdly (Front arm), the jump was well done. Although it looked like he had a lot of weight in his belly, but he seemed pretty slim. [But I guess that's disney style?]

I personlly do't like what you did with the back arm/leg, making it black and such. I mean, its good to do that, but not totally that color. Maybe the same color, or a lighter color as the front leg/arm and THEN the black scribbles.

I don't know :D

STRAIGHT FROM THE UNDERGROUND
Also, it's just the resizing of the belly. I started to draw his legs much fatter for some reason and that's how it turned out, so yeah, it's my fault and not disney style.

And with the scribbling of the black, I was just following what the book "The Animator's Survival Kit" had. It basically gave me 6 frames of jumping and it had the black scribbles so I threw that in as well when I was animating.

Thanks SSJ.

I usually don't like FBF full body, but i liked this for some reason, it has that sketchy look to it, all i can say is keep at it :)
Thanks, but you have to agree...someone who can animate full body well can tell a story through animation better than someone who animates stick really well. There's just more.."feel" in it, you know what I'm saying? lol