02-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Well what'da think ?

Updated again 24/02/09 :D git r done
http://www.*************/open/1235514338
Music is "Bullets and octane - Pirates"

:)

alec123ace
02-21-2009, 08:42 PM
this is nice dude i like the bit where he kicks tht thing the blood is good 2.
p.s message to every one you have too click tht when you look: Click here to use lightbox display. thn click view this upload thn it will work

Rabstar
02-22-2009, 12:56 AM
The blood is goood, it is smooth, but not THAT smoooth.
I don't really like the stick style either. :/

denuchi1
02-22-2009, 01:36 AM
i really liked, awesome man

DarkComics
02-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Well what'da think ?

http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=445826

That was very entertaining, well done and very smooth, keep it up try putting a longer scene before putting in a preloader, pm me if you make a longer one

doc
02-22-2009, 05:54 AM
i liked most of it, except for the last blood. You just used a tween for that, and its too circular.

Lixu
02-22-2009, 06:04 AM
Looks like that stone got drenched in blood.
Kind of weird sticks you got there, and the blood's physics were off

stephenyoung91
02-22-2009, 06:55 AM
alec123ace - Thanks mate :)

Rabstar - Well thanks for your views and thoughts :)

denuchi1 - Thanks :)

DarkComics - I do plan to continue it, so yeah ill pm you :)

doc - I promise you i dont motion tween my work, the only motion tween on there is the fader thing at the very start :3

Lixu - Well thanks for see'ing that :P And i quite like my sticks :X and thats justt he way i do my blood, they not suppose to be realistic, its just what i do, thanks for your input :)

Shanto
02-22-2009, 07:04 AM
He knows it wasnt supposed to be realistic, but the physics were still very weird.

stephenyoung91
02-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Well i updated it, added a bit more on with some amateur fighting ;)

http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=541927

STUFF
02-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Normally, punches don't really cause much bloodshed. You're overusing blood.

The animation is pretty good though, it's just I think the blood physics are kinda weird too. They blood droplets need to hit the ground quicker, but if you want to keep animating your way, it's all up to you.

stephenyoung91
02-22-2009, 10:37 AM
I know :3 i like my blood, ill cut it down from now on.

Rabstar
02-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Blood was off, with the physics, maybe make it go down a bit faster. :D
I don't like the stick style, do you use 1 stroke for the arms and legs? It lloooks nooby.

stephenyoung91
02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Updated again with a sound track, tell me if the music syncs with the explosion plz :3

http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=413326

Foda
02-22-2009, 03:09 PM
very cool are you going to add more like the blood

stephenyoung91
02-22-2009, 03:11 PM
If you mean finish it, then yes and the blood levels will stay the same, i quite like them, even though the physics on them totally defy the laws of gravity, its a stick animation, nothing is realistic :D

MrControversial
02-22-2009, 03:38 PM
I like the style of the sticks, I like the blood too it makes it look cartoony.
But it think there's a bit too much of it :P.
I'm guessing this isn't going for the best effect anymore?

Shanto
02-22-2009, 03:49 PM
I like the style of the sticks, I like the blood too it makes it look cartoony.
But it think there's a bit too much of it :P.
I'm guessing this isn't going for the best effect anymore?
Cause stickfigures aren't cartoony already, right?

MrControversial
02-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Well, you know what I mean,
the unrealism of it just adds a better feel to me.
By the way, the explosion's in sync with the music.

stephenyoung91
02-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Cause stickfigures aren't cartoony already, right?

I think what he meant was the cartoony blood. Im slowly adding more and more to it, ill repost tommorow night to show what i have so far.

1lasthero
02-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Pretty good man, I like your stick style and blood effect. Your animation was so smooth o.O, but i like it.

You should teach me xD.

stephenyoung91
02-24-2009, 04:12 PM
http://www.*************/open/1235514338

Updated again added a bit more, and no i dont give lessons :O unless you pay well lol <3

godmouth
02-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Lmfao no offense but I don't think you are good enough to give lessons. I mean, like real lessons. Like stone.

The animation is pretty cool. Nice blood style. Try easing the animation more. Make it more flowing. Also work on making the sticks prettier I'd say. Helps against wobbliness.

stephenyoung91
02-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Na im not gonna lol, dont really have the time too even if it did :\

And thanks, i do try to reduce it by zooming 400, so i didnt think it was much of a problem tbh, thanks for your comment though :)

Miccool
02-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Hmm.. I don't really agree with stuff.. I mean it's a stick animation, so what if "real" punches don't cause much blood shed, I think it looks nice this way. It also kinda kept my attention off the animation of the actual sticks (which needs improvement btw >_>) But I liked it. It has a nice "oldschool" feeling about it. Maybe add more different effects so the blood won't get boring. Otherwise keep it up.

live2wrestle
02-24-2009, 10:21 PM
that was pretty good the bloodshed was great even if it wasnt realistic and the music was great

stephenyoung91
02-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Hmm.. I don't really agree with stuff.. I mean it's a stick animation, so what if "real" punches don't cause much blood shed, I think it looks nice this way. It also kinda kept my attention off the animation of the actual sticks (which needs improvement btw >_>) But I liked it. It has a nice "oldschool" feeling about it. Maybe add more different effects so the blood won't get boring. Otherwise keep it up.

I agree with you on this one, i think i have more patience for effects then animation, ive just seen that thanks for pointing that out :)

that was pretty good the bloodshed was great even if it wasnt realistic and the music was great

Thanks for your input its nice to see positive stuff :D

Airec
02-25-2009, 09:44 AM
The movement of the sticks was off (eg the awkward walk cycle, odd punches, etc) but I thought the movement of the blood was pretty good. One thing to think about would be if someone gets punched in the face, assuming their nose is already filled (brimming!) with blood, would the blood move towards the person who punched them or in the direction of the force of the punch (I'd say one way or the ther but I honestly don't know. Maybe look for reference or something).

Either way though be more decisive with the direction the blood flies - dont just make it pop out and fall the same way with every hit.

Also, I thought it was kinda cool the way you had the large blood droplets falling out with every hit, but if the droplets are going to be that big, they should probably either break out into smaller droplets as they fall (like a normal liquid) or make some kind of splash or animated splatter when they hit the ground (instead of just an unmoving spat effect).

And one final thing - its a big more subjective, but I think the effects from the ground breaking wouldve read better if they were the same color as the ground itself.

Hope that helps a bit :]

stephenyoung91
02-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I see where your coming from, ill experiment later. Thanks for comment, and i didnt notice it was a different colour lol, ill fix that next update. :D

mj1994
03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
the punch after the thumbs up wtf was lame but thats all the criticism I have...
great job! :D

Jerocome
03-11-2009, 03:02 PM
really good job, i liked the blood, it was smooth, but not too smooth!
Good job tho :D

stickdudethestick
03-14-2009, 03:48 PM
That Was Pretty Damn Good...keep Making Animations P.s. I Am A Begginer At Flash But Not At Animating