PDA

View Full Version : Run and Walk Animation

alcaknight
02-21-2009, 09:37 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=224389

Here is a small animation I made in about 10 minutes.
C&C please.

Foda
02-21-2009, 09:41 PM
tip: when you walk then run you jog in the middle of the transition. dose that makes sense.

alcaknight
02-21-2009, 09:54 PM
tip: when you walk then run you jog in the middle of the transition. dose that makes sense.

Lol yeah, but I just skipped right to the run haha. :Happy:

1lasthero
02-21-2009, 10:27 PM
lol his arms hardly move when he starts running.

alcaknight
02-21-2009, 10:36 PM
lol his arms hardly move when he starts running.

Yeah, I just wanted his arms to stay in the same place haha. :heh:

Anymore C&C?

Socks
02-21-2009, 10:59 PM
The running in your animations piss me off, it looks more like skipping.....>_>

alcaknight
02-21-2009, 11:09 PM
The running in your animations piss me off, it looks more like skipping.....>_>

I am sorry? I am quite new to running, so it is still not that good, but it is better than what I started with. I will continue to work on it. :Happy:

Spiffy
02-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Yeah, you need to add a lot more easing in your run. Make each frame more defined so we know what he looks like in his motions. It doesn't look like any of his limbs ever cross and his body just hops up into the air lol. Keep practicing, I spend hours on run cycles |:

alcaknight
02-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah, you need to add a lot more easing in your run. Make each frame more defined so we know what he looks like in his motions. It doesn't look like any of his limbs ever cross and his body just hops up into the air lol. Keep practicing, I spend hours on run cycles |:

He does look like that doesnt he haha. I will have to work alot more on my running. :Happy: Thanks!

DarkComics
02-22-2009, 02:11 AM

Nice job and all keep it up all i have to say is:

Body Designe:
ok the body structure is pretty good, try putting the head a little more forward, that might put out the animation a little smoother.

Walking Animations:
Oki mm the walk is pretty good for a beginners, but try to smoothing it up a bit more by slowing down the steps and slowly turning into running, keep it up

Again good work

stephenyoung91
02-22-2009, 07:24 AM
What darkcomics said, you need to go over each frame over and over to make sure the frames links together to make sure it is smooth and the movements make sense.

alcaknight
02-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Hey thanks guys! I am going to keep practicing my running and walking. Thanks again!