Lixu
02-23-2009, 05:11 AM
http://www.pulseshift.com/theseus/view/616f178b-493/
22/02/09 to 23/02/09

width=500 height=250

Tawnik
02-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Okay, heres the critism
the animation is smooth but there is something that ruins the feeling, something that might be the wrong easing, some of the hits dont look powerful enough for how the attacked stick reacts.. for example the last kick, the easing is somehow strange, it should be like "BOOM, fast movement and its getting faster until he reaches the ceiling" That was my opinion =)

Lixu
02-23-2009, 07:38 AM
I thought the last kick was perfect, but okay.
Thanks for the critics.

M3D
02-23-2009, 12:06 PM
He means it needs more force.
Most of your other moves need more impact too.

The other guys movements were wack to be honest. He had no easing and such.
Need more practice to get back into that style.

Glad your getting back into it though.

Lixu
02-23-2009, 12:48 PM
<3 Thanks M3D.

doc
02-23-2009, 01:25 PM
i really liked it, but the reactions were a little off. other than that it was really good

Lixu
02-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks doc!

Vacuum
02-23-2009, 01:48 PM
T'was cool, yo.

Seriously, sweet.

*sigh* I wish I could animate as well as you...

fitzy
02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
hmmm i couldnt much tell what moves he was doing at the start. i thought the last kick was good. but yeah, tawnick pretty much gave my crit. some hits need to show more force.

Hyun
02-23-2009, 08:32 PM
they guy attacking was all really good, but the poor rag-doll I could tell it was kinda rushed maybe? The last kick the black dude should go flying MUCH faster... like maybe just 3 frames before he hits the ceiling to really show that force. Anywhooo.. love your combos lixu <3

Omega
02-23-2009, 08:39 PM
The last frames were terrible. The legs swaying back down from the ceiling weren't even animated; it looked like you only used two frames.
Needs more frames.
Easing is slightly evident, needs to be placed better.
Smooth animation is a must.

Work harder. Your older work is much much much better than this.

Lixu
02-24-2009, 01:08 AM
hmmm i couldnt much tell what moves he was doing at the start. i thought the last kick was good. but yeah, tawnick pretty much gave my crit. some hits need to show more force.
Alright.

they guy attacking was all really good, but the poor rag-doll I could tell it was kinda rushed maybe? The last kick the black dude should go flying MUCH faster... like maybe just 3 frames before he hits the ceiling to really show that force. Anywhooo.. love your combos lixu <3
Heh thanks Hyun! Oh btw, Terkoiz gave me 10 moves and I animated them ^^

The last frames were terrible. The legs swaying back down from the ceiling weren't even animated; it looked like you only used two frames.
Needs more frames.
Easing is slightly evident, needs to be placed better.
Smooth animation is a must.

Work harder. Your older work is much much much better than this.
God... This is discouraging... Thanks >_>

Lixu
02-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Another short after I had a lesson from stone: http://stonesbucket.com/upload/view_upload.php?id=8YyOsStG

Btw stone's lessons rock!

Kieran.
02-24-2009, 02:58 PM
yes..it seems you have improved from the lesson.....

just a little point......The impact on the person was to short... so it lookd like he didn't actually hit him.....

only a little observation

fitzy
02-24-2009, 03:07 PM
tis much better. looks very good...from first looks anyway :D

just a little point......The impact on the person was to short... so it lookd like he didn't actually hit him.....

only a little observation

i agree with this though

Airec
02-25-2009, 10:52 AM
I'd try working for awhile without the camera shake thing on impact, so you can tell better whether the attacks have significant force behind them. Then when you feel like the hits are really strong by themselves, add the shake and it'll make'em strong.

Also, slow everything down, we all want to see whats going on :]

And think about anticipation a little more. Before the guy can punch he has to draw back his fist...before he can kick, he has to arch his back and swing his foot backwards, etc. Imaging how far you think the fist or foot should move back and extend that, because the more exaggeration in your anticipation, the better your motion will translate.

Hope this helps

Crazedupfilms
02-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Lixu how do u make ur characters have a black outline andblue inside
and do u redraw everysingle frame '.'

linux pm me please

mobsterband
02-26-2009, 09:44 AM
amazing a definate keeper :P

have you tried posting on youtube??

if not you should it will probably be a hit in no time

Lixu
02-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Lixu how do u make ur characters have a black outline andblue inside
and do u redraw everysingle frame '.'

linux pm me please
Make your stick with brush, then press S. Then click ur stick, voila.

if not you should it will probably be a hit in no time
Not yet, I might upload a big movie when i have made one.

Mesmay
02-26-2009, 01:40 PM
i didnt watch the stonesbucket one (cant) so im referring to the first one. He pushes the guy against the left wall, and the guy actually accelerates towards it.
all the other probems everyone else has said, just, try not to make them accelerate in a direction if theyve been hit that way. dunno if you did it on purpose or what.

oh, one more thing. whats with the sharp trails? like, for things like the headbutt, i would personally use a curve, it'd look better yo

ANIMATI0N KID718
03-22-2009, 12:08 PM
maybe because ima n00b and u guyz are legends....But i think that was awsome...in my opinion the non easing partz seemed to blend end with the style to me...btw how much does Flash cost