PDA

View Full Version : My third flash...sucks!

joaoba16
02-24-2009, 07:04 AM
This is my 3rd flash animation using fbf, because I dont really understand the tweening stuff (mc, motion...). I know its really bad, but im trying to get better:Smile: .

Reply, and help me, it was just a test.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/080209/39987_Untitled-13.php

Btw: Whats is the tool most used for the fighting animations. (brush, line, or pencil)?

joaoba16
02-24-2009, 11:27 AM
No one...

:Nooooooo:

BTproductions
02-24-2009, 11:57 AM
I think that it is actually really good if it's only your third. My CC is, it gets a little choppy at the end, don't get lazy with animating, start it well and keep it up, take a short break if need be.

although that question about brush vs line still kinda puzzles me... although I've never heard of anyone using the pencil tool.

anyhow, keep up the good work

doc
02-24-2009, 01:12 PM
well, he starts off in midair, try to drop him down to the ground. When he does the flip when he gets into a little ball, he moves in a straight line, when he should move in an upward curve, if you know what im saying.
as for the question, it depends on your own style. A lot of people here use brush, but i much prefer line. the brush can sometimes give messy sticks, while the line gives much straighter ones.

joaoba16
02-24-2009, 03:18 PM
well, he starts off in midair, try to drop him down to the ground. When he does the flip when he gets into a little ball, he moves in a straight line, when he should move in an upward curve, if you know what im saying.
as for the question, it depends on your own style. A lot of people here use brush, but i much prefer line. the brush can sometimes give messy sticks, while the line gives much straighter ones.

Yea, thanks, my objective is to start fighting animations.

Btw : This is my first flash animation, it sucks but it was just my first, after seeing a lot of cliff movies. :Happy:

Link: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/240209/77755_first_flash.php

Kieran.
02-24-2009, 03:27 PM
brush for beginner...then can can excell with it or then go to line and become good with that...

I advise you to construct better sticks... there are many tutorials on newgrounds and stickpaage of that...

live2wrestle
02-24-2009, 10:34 PM
i actually didnt think they were bad for being your first couple of animations they could definitely be better but give yourself some credit

-Hawk-
02-25-2009, 12:21 AM
Draw longer limbs and add more frames to each move, else your character will look like a jumping flea (with no legs).

Brush, line or pencil is a personal preference by the way.

joaoba16
02-25-2009, 04:34 AM
Draw longer limbs and add more frames to each move, else your character will look like a jumping flea (with no legs).

Brush, line or pencil is a personal preference by the way.

Ok, thks.

My objective is to make an awsome stick fight, and make combos and stuff...but I dont know how to make the stick have the same size every frame, and sometimes I dont know how to make some moves and powers...:Dope:

godmouth
02-25-2009, 04:54 AM
First, make your stick look good. Look at the sticks of some of the better animators. Try to make each limb with not just one but two brush strokes. So that the limbs are less rounded and more straight.

joaoba16
02-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Here are some sticks that I've made a min ago...What do you think is the best to a stick fight animation? I really like the pencil stick.

http://i43.tinypic.com/b67xtu.jpg

Thks

live2wrestle
02-25-2009, 06:10 AM
my favorite is the pencil but the line is pretty good too but i really dont like the brush ones just doesnt look right to me

joaoba16
02-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Need more opinion :Smile:

joaoba16
02-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Sry for the double post, but Im making now a test...of a fighting clip, but it doesnt look smooth enough why should I do? Double frame? Accelarate de frame rate? The double frame is just, like the name sais, duplicate them?

Plz answer to this and the other posts, thks a lot!

shadow136
02-25-2009, 06:18 PM
I myself like the pencil tool just for details in animations. Even though I don't use Flash I use it in drawing programs and it gives me good results.

Crazedupfilms
02-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Woa howd u do the brush thing looks sick

Airec
02-26-2009, 03:06 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about how your stick guy looks either way. Doesn't really matter how pretty it is, at the end of the day it's still a stick figure.

Try thinking about force and anticipation for your actions
e.g. In the begininng when he does the two kicks, what kind of action would allow him jump up in the air on the second kick (does he bend his knees, arch his back, etc?)

And work on your timing and getting a better feeling of gravity.
I liked the part where he does the backflip and graps his legs btw, pretty cool stuff :]

joaoba16
02-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Sry for the double post, but Im making now a test...of a fighting clip, but it doesnt look smooth enough why should I do? Double frame? Accelarate de frame rate? The double frame is just, like the name sais, duplicate them?

Plz answer to this and the other posts, thks a lot!

And I do I make effects, like balls of fires, elemental effects...is there any tutorials or someone who knows how and can help me?

Thks

Deathbat.
02-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Try drawing them with different proportions, the backs looks too big.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1247rbq.png

I tend to draw my sticks like this, its all personal preference, but this should help you.

These are all brush 400% Zoom , Biggest Brush size.

Try it out, but dont steal my style, Thanks.

joaoba16
02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Try drawing them with different proportions, the backs looks too big.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1247rbq.png

I tend to draw my sticks like this, its all personal preference, but this should help you.

These are all brush 400% Zoom , Biggest Brush size.

Try it out, but dont steal my style, Thanks.

Thks a lot, Im trying to make a stick fight and soon Ill post it here...
And Im not gonna copy your style Deathbat, xD

But I need to know how to make effects, like a fire ball in his hand, and teletransporting from one place to another, (front to back of the oponent) and stuff like, if you know how, and you want to help me, plz message me or something.

Thks again

Deathbat.
02-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Whoa there, Slow down a bit. I understand you want to make some awesome stuff, but you need to work on the basics, Get to know the program, Do some tests, like walking, running, punching, jumping, kicking, combos, then we can move forward a bit.

Do you have MSN? id be happy to give you a helping hand.

joaoba16
02-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Ive send you a message...=)

desertdude517
12-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Ok, thks.

My objective is to make an awsome stick fight, and make combos and stuff...but I dont know how to make the stick have the same size every frame, and sometimes I dont know how to make some moves and powers...:Dope:

That Is my exact problem. I don't know how animators stay practically perfectly consistent with EACH FRAME I guess it's just a lot of practice