PDA

View Full Version : What's the most important aspect of any game?

Raffi
03-07-2009, 11:25 AM
What do you think is the MOST IMPORTANT part of any game in general?
It's difficult because there are many different types of games, I'll admit that. Just try your best.

Gameplay
Simplicity [Controls]
Challenge
Graphics [So, not Rock Band on the Wii]
Object detail [In Gran Turismo 4, the amount of polygons in a car was the equal amount of polygons in a car headlight in GT5 Prologue]
Fullness [How long it takes to complete the game]
Music
Name [Where did "LITTLE BIG PLANET" come from?]
Brightness/Mood
Story
Cutscenes
Achievements [Good rewards for each level. i.e. unlocking items, earning money, system achievements etc]
Logo [Mirror's Edge had a pretty nice logo, even though it's rather basic]
Accuracy [If the game is based of real facts, how close is it? I.e. how much does CoD5 resemble the Second World War?]

Votevotevote

Kitsune
03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Gameplay, definitely.

2-D
03-07-2009, 11:55 AM
inb4 trollan choosin graphixXx

New Generation
03-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Gameplay AND Graphics.

Dragon⁰⁷⁷
03-07-2009, 01:10 PM
I only buy games to look at their logos, so obviously that is most important to me.

Automaton
03-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Gameplay. Without good gameplay it would be boring, no matter what else, with good gameplay nothing else will matter because you will be engrossed in it. Graphics and all that shit are good add-ons, but not important. Also, if it's the sort of game that needs one to make up for the gameplay, a great storyline is needed.

1.Shot.1.Kill
03-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Name for sure .

Kitsune
03-07-2009, 01:41 PM
achievements are the shit.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/474371

Bonk
03-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Story, the required gameplay, and music probably in that order.

To explain: When I finish a game, the things I reflect on are how the story came together, fun times while playing, and how good the music was in that order.

I think people underestimate the power of a good story to drive a game. And in an unrelated point, I know it's cool to say that graphics don't matter, but I mean, come on people, there is an increasing minimum every year.

2-D
03-07-2009, 06:07 PM
hey raffeh, you forgot "Gaming Company"

Story, the required gameplay, and music probably in that order.

To explain: When I finish a game, the things I reflect on are how the story came together, fun times while playing, and how good the music was in that order.

I think people underestimate the power of a good story to drive a game. And in an unrelated point, I know it's cool to say that graphics don't matter, but I mean, come on people, there is an increasing minimum every year.

then read a book, fagit

Bonk
03-07-2009, 06:21 PM
I do both?

Carteana
03-15-2009, 04:34 AM
I don't get how people can base a games quality on its graphics

Scarecrow
03-15-2009, 04:47 AM
Gameplay and gameplay hours

52xM
03-15-2009, 06:24 AM
Gameplay and story. If the gameplay sucks, one doesn't really feel like playing the game, no matter how good the story is. But a good story with good gameplay makes the game so much more memorable.
Good graphics are definitely a plus, but not really deciding. I mean, I enjoy Final Fantasy VII much more than I enjoy Killzone 2.

Ssjbryando
03-15-2009, 06:25 AM
Gameplay, challenge, story for me.

Gameplay: The game should play good.. Even if it has a good story, if the game is not fun, it ends very fast. Seeing as 99% of the time, you must use it.

Challenge: I guess I could put up if this wasn't there. But I don't really like games that are too easy, almost never do. Challenging bosses that I have to train for are always cool.

Story: Im a big story guy, just yea.. Its just like watching a movie like.. Idk, jumper? if it has no real story its no fun. (Bad explanation) >_>

Graphics are cool to see... but Like the above dude said, I still enjoy n64 games more then some new games. The graphics wash away after a while when playing old games, and you kinda get used to it.

(but im talking about a extreme graphic difference of course.. So yea.)

Myself
03-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Enjoyment, obviously.

Covalence
03-15-2009, 08:11 AM
I believe gameplay to be the most important. Story comes second, then music, much like Bonk.

Gameplay is what gets me into a game, besides the story, and if the music is good enough, I might get it on my iPod. Example: Guilty Gear AC

Raffi
04-03-2009, 08:45 AM
I'll agree with the gameplay part. Also, the logo thing is how the game is represented beforehand, not when actually playing it.

I mean, why would anyone buy a GTA game if it hat Teletubbies as the logo? honestly

doc
04-03-2009, 12:32 PM
gameplay, fullness, story, graphics, music
gameplay: definitely needs to be fun to actuallly play
fullness: a game is so much better when it is long. short games can be good, but a good long game is WAY better than a good short game
music: Music can really get you excited for a certain part in a game. Take SSBB. The music in that game was such a big part, as it was AWESOME. On the other hand, with a game like that, there was too much action to really be focused on the music.

Ustartin
04-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Logos, I soooooo can't wait for Mirror's Edge 2 when I can see the logo again.

Automaton
04-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I don't get how people can base a games quality on its graphics

Totally agree, I'm currently playing Command and Conquer on my PlayStation 1 at the moment, and am liking it much more than Saints Row 2.

live2wrestle
04-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Gameplay, story, and difficulty for me.

Wtf
04-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Graphics. By a long shot.

Vincent
04-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Graphics. By a long shot.

icwutyoodidthar

lies.

Avian