PDA

View Full Version : Stick Vs. Ball

denuchi1
03-13-2009, 10:00 PM
just some quick tests...nothing special, just something to put up...since the easytoon section is lacking...but yeah c&c please...
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii82/dnodenuchi/idk.gif

i know its not the best but i wasnt really practicing my effects

Vacuum
03-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Your sticks look very... Thick :|

Idk, and maybe lower the tremor.

MaxZ
03-14-2009, 04:06 AM
More particles >_< Damn you I've said that before.

band_it
03-14-2009, 05:21 AM
yeah, more particles, and don't use same thickness for everything >=3
watch the easing too :P

Kieran.
03-14-2009, 12:01 PM
I liked it, Although I agree you need more particles, easing and better sticks... The animation was actually alright, and a nice addition to the easytoon forum...

Nice work!

denuchi1
03-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback! But what do you guys mean by particles and where should i put them? And i do agree that the tremor was a little too heavy in this, but i had to add something to make it look good lol.

band_it
03-14-2009, 10:35 PM
particle is.. particle, it's like dust or something that will appear after you did some effects, arghh!!!!

I'm not good at explain things :(

denuchi1
03-14-2009, 10:43 PM
particle is.. particle, it's like dust or something that will appear after you did some effects, arghh!!!!

I'm not good at explain things :(

Oh, i got what your saying....and now that i think about it there should be TONS of particles in this animation....but i got lazy and the only effect i added was the tremor...if thats even an effect

stickdudethestick
04-03-2009, 01:17 PM
doubt you need tests the one in your sig is awsome

Vacuum
04-03-2009, 01:31 PM
stickdudethestick, learn something about animating, then learn about commenting, and finally learn TO CHECK THE POST DATES!

MaxZ
04-03-2009, 02:18 PM
It's only a 2 week bump, don't make such a big deal about it.

denuchi1
04-03-2009, 07:42 PM
doubt you need tests the one in your sig is awsome

thanks man! but im sure plenty of animators around here will tell you i need to improve by alot....

@ Chosen: geez...take it easy man

Avian
04-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Particles...
Thick stick figures.

denuchi1
04-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Particles...
Thick stick figures.

agreed on the particles, but i cant really help with the thick sticks right now, i have a mouse and use the pencil tool, so my sticks would be utter crap if they werent thick

MaxZ
04-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Have you worked on anything Denuch?

denuchi1
04-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Have you worked on anything Denuch?

unfortounately no...i've hit a HUGE animation and art block, ive added a couple of frames to the animation in my sig, but thats about it

MaxZ
04-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Sucks, you have loads of potential.

leobara
04-04-2009, 09:20 PM
You know what this is a bunch of B.S. i am leaving easytoon BYE

MaxZ
04-05-2009, 03:11 AM
Why? If I may ask?

denuchi1
04-05-2009, 08:32 AM
You know what this is a bunch of B.S. i am leaving easytoon BYE

Why did you have to say that in my thread? It doesn't really relate to anything...

kinto
04-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Actually the one in his sig is horrible. Yes it looks cartoony but there are many elements missing. I see almost no easing (if any) and the particles are just horrible. The anatomy of the stick is also very inconsistent. Try to make the size of your stick not change. Throughout the whole animation, instead of his body getting lower to crouch, you just lengthened his legs and made them bend and his body stayed at the same height. Same with swords. Instead of him swinging the sword at a reasonable length his arm just lengthened and swung around and his body didn't move at all. A way you could replace that is having him step forward and move one shoulder forward. Just try to make sure the sticks legs are longer than the torso and his arms are a little shorter than the torso. The heads are fine for the style.

And yes I realize this is bumped but there's a page of comments why would mine hurt anymore than any of those if not do him some good.

denuchi1
04-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Actually the one in his sig is horrible. Yes it looks cartoony but there are many elements missing. I see almost no easing (if any) and the particles are just horrible. The anatomy of the stick is also very inconsistent. Try to make the size of your stick not change. Throughout the whole animation, instead of his body getting lower to crouch, you just lengthened his legs and made them bend and his body stayed at the same height. Same with swords. Instead of him swinging the sword at a reasonable length his arm just lengthened and swung around and his body didn't move at all. A way you could replace that is having him step forward and move one shoulder forward. Just try to make sure the sticks legs are longer than the torso and his arms are a little shorter than the torso. The heads are fine for the style.

And yes I realize this is bumped but there's a page of comments why would mine hurt anymore than any of those if not do him some good.

Thank you for the in-depth review, that's what i've been looking for ever since i joined SPP lol, i agree my legs are a little retarted, and thanks for telling me a way to fix that, i will be sure to use that in my future animations

Avian
04-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Your stick figures have a specific head, and body (everything), because you don't use pencil, but icons like square or something like that. It makes your anims not-wobbly.