PDA

View Full Version : 2nd anim in 09

Arch-Angel
03-13-2009, 10:44 PM
http://theearthsparadox.deviantart.com/art/In-shadow-short-115849157
Yeah, this is a lot better than the shit I posted like, a couple days ago.
I'm starting to get back into it. At least the stick figure is smoother and not wobbly.

yay, no more butt dialing!

Edit: Sorry, no flashy or unique backgrounds this time :C

godmouth
03-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Well, it's wobbly. A little, but it's concealed by the dark background and the small size. The flip isn't good. It doesn't look like a flip at all. It looks real jerky.

The dust thing, idk I don't like it that much it looks so lazy.

Kensei
03-14-2009, 03:33 AM
yeah when he goes in the air the flip looks really jerky,but when he lands it ok. I kinda like the effect kinda reminds me of streetfighter 4, Mind if I use it :P?

Kieran.
03-14-2009, 05:40 AM
I don't quite get the effect... but it is nice... I agree that the flip wasn't that good though...

Keep it up!

doc
03-14-2009, 07:33 AM
i didn't even see the flip. but i like the effect.
can you put a replay button on the next one? just so we don't have to close it out and reopen it next time if we wanna see it again.

Foda
03-14-2009, 08:09 AM
you really like that effect do you

fitzy
03-14-2009, 08:37 AM
the flip was horrible imo but i actually really liked the effect

Arch-Angel
03-14-2009, 11:26 AM
the flip was horrible imo but i actually really liked the effect
Yeah, the flip was bad, I wasn't trying to do a flip really, more like a jump, kick while spinning, and then go into a back flip while falling, not just flip in mid-air.

I've never done flips right =/
Oh, and there is no stop AS in it, so it loops. lol, you fail if you opened and closed it.
Godmouth, are you serious about the wobbliness? I don't see any even if I zoom in once =/
I right clicked and hit smooth twice one every frame =/ I even redrew some limbs that wouldn't go all smooth like.

KieranPeterson
03-15-2009, 04:40 PM
The effect was cool.... but it was kind of attached to his feet the whole time, it really looked like the dust or whatnot shot out from his feet while he flipped and then landed on it. Try making the first bit of it fade out before he lands? Or would that mess it up. I dont know. Either way it looks damn kool.

Saha
03-15-2009, 07:41 PM
I spotted a mistake in resize.

When he crouches and jumps look at his back. It wobbles and resizes.

Yeah, I really hate the flip. I couldn't really see the punch :\ The black smoke or whatever was blocking it