PDA

View Full Version : what is going on here omega

Omega
03-21-2009, 01:41 PM
http://www.pulseshift.com/theseus/view/5082ec1f-a3c/

Anyone have any tips on how to make fight scenes? I'm not used to animating more than one guy at a time.

Kieran.
03-21-2009, 01:44 PM
people say animate the person doing a move, and then the reaction etc.

but personally I'm only good at 1 person as-well.

Its looking good though!

Omega
03-21-2009, 01:44 PM

more help?

Tolin
03-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Usually, when I animate fights, I start with the sticks it should contain, so you know the location of them, and animate the attacing stick first, until you get one frame of attack, then animate the second stick.
Something like this:
Animation order: 1 2 3 4 5 A=Attack X=End
Stick 1 I-------------A I---------------I I---------------X
Stick 2 .................I---------------------A I------------X
I hope this is understandable.

Or do what they did in JCTLM, animating a serie of moves with one stick, and add the other sticks afterwards.

You had some awesome resize there, mate.(The black one)
Great smoothness and easing.

Lixu
03-21-2009, 02:18 PM
I never knew you were this good! Next time, make the gradient again, but then 1 side black, and the other side white with 0% alpha. It'll look much much better.
The rest looks okay, the run was kinda too fast.

Omega
03-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Usually, when I animate fights, I start with the sticks it should contain, so you know the location of them, and animate the attacing stick first, until you get one frame of attack, then animate the second stick.
Something like this:
Animation order: 1 2 3 4 5 A=Attack X=End
Stick 1 I-------------A I---------------I I---------------X
Stick 2 .................I---------------------A I------------X
I hope this is understandable.

Or do what they did in JCTLM, animating a serie of moves with one stick, and add the other sticks afterwards.

You had some awesome resize there, mate.(The black one)
Great smoothness and easing.

I'm gonna keep that in mind.

Omega
03-21-2009, 02:20 PM
AND YES LIXU I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN 'THIS' GOOD DICKSDUCKADSACEADFGf

lol yeah the run sucks.

more comment splease

Lixu
03-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Hey, you have got MSN?

Ssjbryando
03-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Smooth. Although I don't like the one line wooden back [When he landed]. Some line animators make 2 lines for the back, or just make it less straight with the arrow tool.

How I make a fight is. Animate a move or two, or more (Depends on what the move is) Then add the stick. If the other stick must attack to, I do less moves of course (depends again. If the opponent must block, Its probably easier to make the stick right after that hit)

Omega
03-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey, you have got MSN?

Yeah, i'll pm that to you

ARGH THIS IS ALL SO CONFUSING

Tolin
03-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Next time, make the gradient again, but then 1 side black, and the other side white with 0% alpha. It'll look much much better.

Personally, I think there is a lot better if you set both sides black and one with 0% alpha.
The colors will mix up if you have white and black...

Omega
03-21-2009, 02:31 PM
...what?

holy shit explain wats going on

Ssjbryando
03-21-2009, 02:33 PM
SURE, QUOTE EVERYONE EXCEPT SSJBRYANDO'S AWESOME POST.

/offtopic.
/leaves.

Lixu
03-21-2009, 02:35 PM
*Lixu makes a facepalm

Lixu
03-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Personally, I think there is a lot better if you set both sides black and one with 0% alpha.
The colors will mix up if you have white and black...
funny how i see no difference

Kieran.
03-21-2009, 02:38 PM
*Everyone on the world face-palms simultaneously, causing a massive unbalancing in the quantum foam of the universe.

and hey, SSJB, isn't you sig a little big.

<ontopic>
I would use tolin's gradient style, even if there is no difference, because it is by far cooler.
</ontopic>

Tolin
03-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Fine.......fdvdsfgnbsdihghdg
http://www.pulseshift.com/theseus/files/ddbb13ee/7a4/Omega_thing.jpg
http://www.pulseshift.com/theseus/view/ddbb13ee-7a4/

Kieran.
03-21-2009, 02:51 PM
you have too much spare time...

good tut though!

Lixu
03-21-2009, 02:58 PM
*Lixu got owned by Tolin

Arch-Angel
03-21-2009, 03:18 PM
*Lixu got owned by Damocles

Tawnik
03-21-2009, 03:40 PM
and hey, SSJB, isn't you sig a little big.

Its fine =)

Tolin's great !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kieran.
03-21-2009, 03:48 PM
tolin is the king of awesomeness.

http://rlv.zcache.com/all_hail_the_god_king_postcard-p239603102729796079trdg_400.jpg

Omega
03-21-2009, 04:33 PM
haha you guys are awesome

Thanks for the effort of that, Tolin. I seemed to have forgotten that you don't need to convert something to a symbol just to alpha it :p

more comments plz

Tolin
03-21-2009, 04:57 PM
I am pleased to use 5 minutes of my life just to you, sir.

Lixu
03-22-2009, 03:08 AM
*Lixu got owned by Damocles

lol 5

Omega
03-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Luuuraraewafd

I need more comments people! And how do you animate fight scenes with plenty of people, like Shock?

Lixu
03-22-2009, 12:50 PM
That's called a storyboard, and imagination.
I suggest you animate head first, and then just animate multiply heads at onces, animate the assasin, and when the asassin is done add the bodies to the enemies' heads

Kieran.
03-22-2009, 12:53 PM
trial and error, I doubt terkoiz is going to share his godly knowledge of things like that to you.

and he found it out by himself.. so try..

Ssjbryando
03-22-2009, 12:55 PM
We already told you. There aren't really a lot of ways to do it. (WELL YOU IGNORED ME)

I think he just, animated one guy (The main guy who dealt the kicks) do a couple of hits. And added/uses his imagination to let the other stick dodge/get hit.

If the opponent has to strike back, you stop at the following hit (Black does 2 moves. Red gets hit by two, but animator stops animating black, cause its reds turn)

You just have to choreograph [??] it good to not make it look like turns.

That's how all the animators I know have been doing it.

Omega
03-22-2009, 12:55 PM
That's called a storyboard, and imagination.
I suggest you animate head first, and then just animate multiply heads at onces, animate the assasin, and when the asassin is done add the bodies to the enemies' heads

okaly dokaly

I will try.

Omega
03-22-2009, 12:57 PM
We already told you. There aren't really a lot of ways to do it. (WELL YOU IGNORED ME)

I think he just, animated one guy (The main guy who dealt the kicks) do a couple of hits. And added/uses his imagination to let the other stick dodge/get hit.

If the opponent has to strike back, you stop at the following hit (Black does 2 moves. Red gets hit by two, but animator stops animating black, cause its reds turn)

You just have to choreograph [??] it good to not make it look like turns.

That's how all the animators I know have been doing it.

ooops i ignored your post again :p

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind. I also want to be able to choreograph music with the animation; that makes it so ****ing good.

Ssjbryando
03-22-2009, 01:01 PM
If you mean Syncing, yes it does. It adds a lot of extra feel to the animation. To slow down the song (when like slow-mo parts come) people seem to use audacity a lot. (/random)

For that, stream it yea. But I think you already asked that in the general help section.

And yea I was like ''Oh no he D'int!'' but then I noticed you double posted just for me <3

Omega
03-22-2009, 01:02 PM
If you mean Syncing, yes it does. It adds a lot of extra feel to the animation. To slow down the song (when like slow-mo parts come) people seem to use audacity a lot. (/random)

For that, stream it yea. But I think you already asked that in the general help section.

Yeah. Ever since I saw Terkoiz's RHG animations, I was like 'ARARRRRRRGHBLARG'

They were good.