View Full Version : <Lixu> Long time no see guys

Lixu
03-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Hey all, long time no see.
http://filebox.me/view/717650
Enjoy.

Tidus
03-26-2009, 08:00 AM
You should've made another frame for every impact, it looks way to fast. Pretty good, though.

Lixu
03-26-2009, 08:01 AM
I like to animate with this much recoil. Thanks.

.Aklemo.
03-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Smooth, nice moves, felt like there was a little resizing somewhere, but I like it. Blood's good too. :]

Lixu
03-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Actually I think the resizing fits perfect but thanks for the compliment.

zawmbee
03-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Jesus Christ, just take the ****ing criticisms.
Anyway, the whole animation is pretty much stiff, the movements are not spaced out enough and they seem rushed, except you were going for the whole exaggerated fight scene.

Lixu
03-26-2009, 10:59 AM
I am taking the critics, faggot.

Ssjbryando
03-26-2009, 11:02 AM
The moves are very stone like, but of course you learned it from him. It was indeed also very stiff at parts, and the physics in my opinion were slightly off at the sword part. I also don't like the way the blood was drawn. It was to.. clean. A tip might be to make some blood spatter dots (small) around em, or close to them but still not so close. [Which you have done. But I found the main blood drawing to cleanish, like it should be more spread. Idk]

I also don't like the movements of the blue guys arms at the sword part. It was to spazz-ish/Choppy? (Still don't know the full meaning of that word/googles) and fast.

zawmbee
03-26-2009, 11:08 AM
"Actually I think the resizing fits perfect".
That isn't taking criticism.

Chunky
03-26-2009, 11:27 AM
its boring and stiff

Kieran.
03-26-2009, 11:33 AM
meh. It was ok, you obviously need to improve in some areas, but other than those mentioned in the posts before ... it was quite good.

KEEP IT UP!

allyman8
03-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Pretty stiff, and on the fourth punch, it didn't seem like it actually hit the guy.

Overall, it was alright :D

Lixu
03-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah if I opinion is thinking that the resizing fits just fine, how is that bad?

meh. It was ok, you obviously need to improve in some areas, but other than those mentioned in the posts before ... it was quite good.

KEEP IT UP!
What areas?

Pretty stiff, and on the fourth punch, it didn't seem like it actually hit the guy.

Overall, it was alright :D
Hmmm...Any tips how to fix that? :]

Kieran.
03-26-2009, 01:56 PM
What areas?

In the areas everyone in this thread has mentioned, and obviously the ones you have learnt with stone..

your not perfect just yet...

doc
03-26-2009, 02:06 PM
i personally liked the blood, but a little splatter would be pretty good. ive seen much better anims from you, this isn't one of your best. the arms look like they kinda flailed a bit throughout.

Lixu
03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
your not perfect just yet...
How'd you figure that out?

Kieran.
03-26-2009, 02:31 PM
How'd you figure that out?

is that sarcasm...

I was linking it to all the the chat-backs to the posts that were just trying to help you... but you couldn't take the crit.

Omega
03-26-2009, 02:56 PM

That's called opinion; he isn't saying that the resizing is like the absolute and only truth. He's saying that HE thinks it's ok. Geez. At least he's saying thanks for the comments.

The first few moves were great; the easing fit well and the movements were interesting. It's cool how there wasn't much follow through in the same direction with those first few movements.
The movements with the weapon got pretty bad; they were stiff, and the second hit with the weapon was almost unnoticeable; it was too fast.

Good though. I don't like how the blood is drawn though, and you should have made some blood come out and land as well as on the wall.

Lemon
03-26-2009, 03:08 PM
I really don't know about this animation. It looks like they have invisible jet packs on which burst them into the air everytime they get hit, or whatever.

Lixu
03-26-2009, 03:43 PM
is that sarcasm...
Go figure.

That's called opinion; he isn't saying that the resizing is like the absolute and only truth. He's saying that HE thinks it's ok. Geez. At least he's saying thanks for the comments.

The first few moves were great; the easing fit well and the movements were interesting. It's cool how there wasn't much follow through in the same direction with those first few movements.
The movements with the weapon got pretty bad; they were stiff, and the second hit with the weapon was almost unnoticeable; it was too fast.

Good though. I don't like how the blood is drawn though, and you should have made some blood come out and land as well as on the wall.
Okay, I'll try to re-do the blood on my next animation, thanks for the critics!

I really don't know about this animation. It looks like they have invisible jet packs on which burst them into the air everytime they get hit, or whatever.
It's called force, psychics and fun.

Lemon
03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I know what your trying to do, but add some more effects to make it look right.

RawGreen
03-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Bonjour ^^
great, made me lol.
The sword is too light of a color, makes it hard to see. The limbs re-size, but that makes it seem like "fun" animation(for fun, w/e).
Before the bleu guy gets shanked, the rouge guy lands funny and then steps forward too soon.
When the bleu guy gets shanked, at the end, his arm drops too fast.

Lixu
03-27-2009, 01:03 AM
What is shanked?

Kensei
03-27-2009, 06:06 AM
I think its just the heads that make the guys look stiff theyre too low down, and barely move at all.

But I like the recoil Idea looks coolish...

Bonk
03-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Eh, the recoil made it seem like he was fighting air on the first watch, and then reaching over really far for each hit after that. If you added more impact frames and slowed it down a bit then the recoil would be recognizable and a good feature instead of an annoying gimmick.

It was also a bit stiff, and the last movement took too long. The neck stretched massively on one of the bounces, and the body in general otherwise didn't move for the last combo (which had a bit too many frames in contrast to the first hits).

Keep trying.

Saha
03-27-2009, 06:42 AM
I hated when he slashed. There wasn't any easing in air. I just didn't like it :\

Lixu
03-27-2009, 06:48 AM
I think its just the heads that make the guys look stiff theyre too low down, and barely move at all.

But I like the recoil Idea looks coolish...
Hm, okay, thanks.

Eh, the recoil made it seem like he was fighting air on the first watch, and then reaching over really far for each hit after that. If you added more impact frames and slowed it down a bit then the recoil would be recognizable and a good feature instead of an annoying gimmick.

It was also a bit stiff, and the last movement took too long. The neck stretched massively on one of the bounces, and the body in general otherwise didn't move for the last combo (which had a bit too many frames in contrast to the first hits).

Keep trying.
How do you mean more frames of the impact? Like, more frames on the punch, and after that the recoil?

I hated when he slashed. There wasn't any easing in air. I just didn't like it :\
You didn't like the slash, or the whole animation itself?

Saha
03-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Well, I hated the slash. The easing in the air isn't so good. Also, when he falls he just stays still.

RawGreen
03-27-2009, 11:03 AM
What is shanked?

to get shanked is basically a slang for, "sharp object pushed into someones gut"

Kieran.
03-27-2009, 11:51 AM
shanked
shanked, shank.

orgin: prison slang

shanked: to be stabbed with a homemade knife.

made out of scrap of metal found anywhere and sharpend like a knife. and bottom tightly wrapped with a cloth as a handle.
"CrookedEye John" got shanked up..

E.G:I heard he got hit with a rusty shank.

RawGreen
03-27-2009, 12:30 PM
shanked
shanked, shank.

orgin: prison slang

shanked: to be stabbed with a homemade knife.

made out of scrap of metal found anywhere and sharpend like a knife. and bottom tightly wrapped with a cloth as a handle.
"CrookedEye John" got shanked up..

E.G:I heard he got hit with a rusty shank.

I know a guy who chased down his principle at his school with a pair of scissors.

zawmbee
03-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, in school it's pretty much shank or be shanked.

Kieran.
03-27-2009, 12:54 PM
where do you live...... prison?

Lixu
03-28-2009, 03:21 AM
All of you are a bunch of faggots.

jimmydigg
03-28-2009, 03:34 AM
i liked it ^-^
geebuz! ur awesome :P