PDA

View Full Version : [RawGreen]Speed animated

RawGreen
03-26-2009, 04:40 PM
The actual animation took 3 minutes(with no undo, including the shadow), I spent the other 15 minutes to doodle up the background XD
I was bored of the TLTFT I was making, so I took a small break to freshen up my mind:

http://www.truploader.com/view/877308

30fps
comments are welcome.

EDIT: I had fun putting my new techniques into something other than important stuff :p

Omega
03-26-2009, 05:15 PM
It's quite smooth.

I can't really comment on this very much, of course. The background was very good too. There was a lack of easing in the entire animation of the figure though; why do you animate at 30 fps? That's a bit high in comparison to general frame rates.

Orange Blob
03-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I Heart Teh Rainbow Masking And Background!!!

RawGreen
03-26-2009, 09:52 PM
It's quite smooth.

I can't really comment on this very much, of course. The background was very good too. There was a lack of easing in the entire animation of the figure though; why do you animate at 30 fps? That's a bit high in comparison to general frame rates.

I'm comfortable with 30fps. Yes, it was uneased, lol.

I Heart Teh Rainbow Masking And Background!!!

no masking was used, all another technique.

Rabstar
03-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Too fast, I like the coloours and stuff... :D

Kieran.
03-27-2009, 02:48 AM
colours were good, but as everyone said, you need more easing..

Lixu
03-27-2009, 03:16 AM
It's quite smooth.

All NG collabs go on 30 fps >_>

RawGreen
03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
alright, so, MORE EASING, gotchya all ^^
And not all NG collabs go at 30fps, there are some in fact that I've joined that go at 18fps around the lowest.

Lemon
03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Although I like the idea of quick 3 minute animations, it wasn't that great.

doc
03-27-2009, 10:02 PM
no masking was used, all another technique.
What was this other technique?
and if you do that background in 15 min, the ones that you REALLY try on must be insane!

Bonk
03-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Eh, the background's sphere thingy was a good idea, but otherwise its full of gimmicks. The border looked okay but was unnecessary, and the rainbow effect helped mask the precise movements nicely (:/). Not much easing, the run was alright but the kick was poor.

I say this to everyone who posts saying either "I did this really quickly" or "I rushed" - what you post is what people see. It doesn't matter if you are the biggest pro, if you post quick stuff like this I can only assume this is how skillful you are. Want to prove me wrong? Take time in your animations. And as doc said, posting things like this and saying you barely put effort in makes us expect something epic when you do, so the more you post stuff like this and excuse the quality, the bigger hole you dig for yourself.

Now I know you did it as a break, but you did post it, so you do think it worthy to post which means no excuses.