PDA

View Full Version : brawl or nothing part 1 (1 min and 40 secs)

leo4life
03-23-2008, 03:33 PM
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/431550

finally finished... yes, i rushed on the credits, ill fix that later:Cold:
rate 5 plzzzzz.
if this guy can mak daily feature, so can i, right?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/431325

inspired by
terkoiz
t-man
miccool
stone
outphrase
tentionmaru
justsolo

cant go on newbgrounds?
well then heres sfdt
http://showcase.sfdt.com/viewmovie.php?t=57769

cant go on sfdt, well then

your screwed

sss
03-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Omg Awesome !

mraznbuddy
03-23-2008, 03:43 PM
:D i just came back from playing brawl for the first time at my friends house. I love the music in it.
the action was entertaining and your particles are getting better. slow down the running a tad bit though.
keep it up

elite34
03-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I like it.

only problems:
1.The blast at the end was weird looking
2.You should add the damage meter and it would look cool/
other than that it is awesome.

Etch
03-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Some blast were ghey.
Really really fast.
Hard to follow who was who.

Fun to watch though and quite well for a 16th animation in flash.

Tentionmaru
03-23-2008, 05:18 PM
I thought it was kickass. some parts were a bit shakey, but the moves you made them do more than made up for that. two thumbs up from tention here!

the afro ninja
03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
so much better than i could animate. . .i love it!

make them have character related clothes next time

fitzy
03-23-2008, 09:20 PM
you've improved lots in the last few months. just a couple of things wern't perfect but i cant complain about it, it was well made and there was some good fighting in there :)

and yeah it annoys me too when rubbish animations get daily awards and you get nothing for far better animations. justsolo got virtually nothing for an amazing stick animation...it's annoying, but unfortunately it happens. its usually only on a slow day that it happens though..but yeah :(

leo4life
03-23-2008, 09:50 PM
justsolo cant put his animations on youtube because hes in china, and i think they have filters or somthing. so he cant go on new grounds

SSOutPhase
03-23-2008, 09:54 PM
"outphrase"? lol =[[[

I love your moves man. The portal combo was so awesome. Tention said what I wanted to say. Nice work! Keep it goin for Part 2!

Kitsune
03-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Dude, ****ing own! That's potential stickpage.com front page with edititng! I love the portal referance. That's my favorite part!

psykofr33k
03-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Wow. You've improved so much. I agree, StickPage material here. Great job!
If you don't mind me asking... what are your brush settings?

leo4life
03-24-2008, 07:34 AM
um the one thats smaller than the eraser? o.o....

fitzy
03-24-2008, 07:37 AM
justsolo cant put his animations on youtube because hes in china, and i think they have filters or somthing. so he cant go on new grounds

?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/430990

where have you been? just because he cant view newgrounds doesnt stop him from being able to get his animations up there :p

and what i was stating in my post is that it is very underrated and got no awards or anything for it...although he does have a shot at review crew pick.

anyway i dont want to divert attention from your animation :p you got in the daily top 10 so gj

Ssjbryando
03-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Like I said. some effect werent to good, but the fighting is ok. Not yet stickpage material tho :O compared to Others. but still its awesome. The effects where getting better at the end =] Nice job

And fitzy, I Put it on there. Read the Comment he/I said. AND VOTE PLz its almost 4.00

Dax
03-24-2008, 08:12 AM
That was epic. I think I even liked it more then shock two o_o
Needs new music though, I didn't like the music.

Ssjbryando
03-24-2008, 08:23 AM
That was epic. I think I even liked it more then shock two o_o
Needs new music though, I didn't like the music.

lol .

fitzy
03-24-2008, 08:44 AM
And fitzy, I Put it on there. Read the Comment he/I said. AND VOTE PLz its almost 4.00

i know that, read my post better >_> i said just cuz he cant view it doesnt mean he can't get it on there...i.e through someone else (you) putting it up there...sorry if i worded it badly or something...

and its no where near 4.00, 3.58 is extremely far away from 4.00.

Shanto
03-24-2008, 09:23 AM
I really don't see how this has anything to do with Brawl, besides some backround music.

But good animation anyway.

mfx
03-24-2008, 10:56 AM
I love the portal thing.
Also, Nice effects and cool moves.

Ssjbryando
03-24-2008, 11:09 AM
i know that, read my post better >_> i said just cuz he cant view it doesnt mean he can't get it on there...i.e through someone else (you) putting it up there...sorry if i worded it badly or something...

and its no where near 4.00, 3.58 is extremely far away from 4.00.

Isnt it. 3.60 = 4. Oh no lol :P

fitzy
03-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Isnt it. 3.60 = 4. Oh no lol :P

i obviously know more about the newgrounds score stuff than you. dont try to be a smartass. when it's out of a mere 5. 3.60 is a far worse score than 4. do you know how many votes it would take to reach 4? you see 4's win daily features, you hardly ever see 3.60's win daily features...alot of the time they arn't even in the top 5, with the exception of a few slow days where it does occur.

hell, going by your system, my 'xiao style 2: lab shutdown', is nearly in the top 50 since it only needs 0.12 to reach it, but in fact it's not even in the top 1000. thats how much of a difference it is.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/430324 : this thing has a score of 4.03...and you think 3.6 is close to this, right? no, wrong, this animation is 4300th in score in the whole of NG, whilst justsolo's animation is is around 18000th (judging by this animation of a similar score http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/430157 as justsolo's just has n/a by it for now)

anyway, sorry, but i hate it when people by smartasses like that, i'm just proving my point, but sorry for being harsh or whatever, well, i dont know if you were being a smartass, but it felt like it to me :p

and i'm not saying justsolo doesnt deserve a 4, it definately does, but that doesnt mean his current score is anywhere close to getting 4.

Tentionmaru
03-24-2008, 11:23 AM
fitzy is right on this one. I've been at newgrounds for years and a 3.58 is nowhere near a 4.

Strills
03-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Could you upload somewhere else, my browser cant acces to newgrounds I have no ****ing idea why.

They hate me over there, or something >:

leo4life
03-24-2008, 11:28 AM
?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/430990

where have you been? just because he cant view newgrounds doesnt stop him from being able to get his animations up there :p

and what i was stating in my post is that it is very underrated and got no awards or anything for it...although he does have a shot at review crew pick.

anyway i dont want to divert attention from your animation :p you got in the daily top 10 so gj

did i say youtube? graa im such a newb =D

leo4life
03-24-2008, 11:39 AM
I really don't see how this has anything to do with Brawl, besides some backround music.

But good animation anyway.

it doesnt have anything to do with brawl, i called it that cause its 2 stick people brawling it out, also i wanted to kinda change it fram "all or nothing" to "brawl or nothing" but i dont think anyone got that:Oh No!:

Drifts
03-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Oh my gosh!!! all i can say is your a flipping awesome animator....you know what yeah...i'm gonna make my own...you've just inspired me

leo4life
03-24-2008, 01:21 PM
thats a firtst.. o.o... i inspired someone

Strills
03-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Much better than I expected.

There are small flaws pretty much everywhere, but overall it's great!

Ssjbryando
03-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Idiot I said ''No lol'' I didn't knew. I WAS MAKING A ****ING MISTAKE. Im not trying to be a smartass its just what I thought. IM sorry but I hate people, who think they got me, and think Im trying to do something I don't want to. Im on newgrounds for 2 years now, I made a mistake, since there is a site who does it that way and I got confusd.

Sorry im kinda pissed now >_>

byondrage
03-24-2008, 04:26 PM
wheres the movie? cuz all i can see is this... BITCHIN MOVIE!!!

FREAKIN COOL!

XD

Jeremy
03-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow dude, Watching you improve has been really awesome. You are starting to get amazing with the fights. I loved the movements when they changed colors, great job man.

leo4life
03-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Much better than I expected.

There are small flaws pretty much everywhere, but overall it's great!

wtf!! ur not strills, D=, ur talking in complete sentences,!! strills nver does dat, phony!!!

braidon
03-25-2008, 04:05 AM
that was sweat, is ther going to be a part 2?
4/5

leo4life
03-25-2008, 07:15 AM
ima let u figure it out urself, lol

Strills
03-25-2008, 07:38 AM
wtf!! ur not strills, D=, ur talking in complete sentences,!! strills nver does dat, phony!!!

rofl i is strillsieboi

Better?

leo4life
03-25-2008, 06:09 PM
ohs noes, my threads dying!, D=, why isnt it as popular as "justsolo's"

kinto
03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Because you are ghey!
No but I haven't commented. I loved it, but you already know about how much I like it and all that secks.

neon-drane
03-25-2008, 11:08 PM
ohs noes, my threads dying!, D=, why isnt it as popular as "justsolo's"

Not to be mean or anything, but both justsolo's and his anim is a lot moar popular >:

Anyway, nice animation, though some of the movements looked very stiff, and fast (like you went from 12 fps to 24 fps)

But the little ideas you threw into the anim (moves, and combos) was pretty damn awesome! keep up the good work!

i obviously know more about the newgrounds score stuff than you. dont try to be a smartass. when it's out of a mere 5. 3.60 is a far worse score than 4. do you know how many votes it would take to reach 4? you see 4's win daily features, you hardly ever see 3.60's win daily features...alot of the time they arn't even in the top 5, with the exception of a few slow days where it does occur.

hell, going by your system, my 'xiao style 2: lab shutdown', is nearly in the top 50 since it only needs 0.12 to reach it, but in fact it's not even in the top 1000. thats how much of a difference it is.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/430324 : this thing has a score of 4.03...and you think 3.6 is close to this, right? no, wrong, this animation is 4300th in score in the whole of NG, whilst justsolo's animation is is around 18000th (judging by this animation of a similar score http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/430157 as justsolo's just has n/a by it for now)

anyway, sorry, but i hate it when people by smartasses like that, i'm just proving my point, but sorry for being harsh or whatever, well, i dont know if you were being a smartass, but it felt like it to me :p

and i'm not saying justsolo doesnt deserve a 4, it definately does, but that doesnt mean his current score is anywhere close to getting 4.

Actually depending on the number of votes (this is where their little system number crap thing, that averages at the votes evenly with the others, since most people have greater voting power then others, that tries to balance out the good and bad votes comes in)

3.6 is close to 4.03 (usually when there is over at least 200 or so votes that are mostly made up of 3's or higher)
but, 3.6 is very far from 4.03 DEPENDING on how many votes (which usually means that most people gave it a score below 3)..yea, most people automatically give it a bad score when its a stick related anim, that and if it seems the same as another (shock for example) (They usually vote 3 or below), or there just being a jerk, and/or who just want to earn some exp so they can make their anims popular, and so they came blam anims with ease and gain blam and save points :| (which your lucky to even get a 2 from these guys)

And by looking at a few examples of the anims you chose, 1 vote (unless they have at least 10.0 voting power or more, is really, REALLY not going to make much of a difference >: (but hell, even 10.o voting power will make little deference with something that has over 800 votes...)

srry for bringing that back up...but i really wanted to state that hope you can understand

leo4life
03-26-2008, 05:25 AM
yea, i new that, it was a joke, btw, in ur sig, i lold, what show is that?

sss
03-26-2008, 06:48 AM
5/5 .

fitzy
03-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Actually depending on the number of votes (this is where their little system number crap thing, that averages at the votes evenly with the others, since most people have greater voting power then others, that tries to balance out the good and bad votes comes in)

3.6 is close to 4.03 (usually when there is over at least 200 or so votes that are mostly made up of 3's or higher)
but, 3.6 is very far from 4.03 DEPENDING on how many votes (which usually means that most people gave it a score below 3)..yea, most people automatically give it a bad score when its a stick related anim, that and if it seems the same as another (shock for example) (They usually vote 3 or below), or there just being a jerk, and/or who just want to earn some exp so they can make their anims popular, and so they came blam anims with ease and gain blam and save points :| (which your lucky to even get a 2 from these guys)

And by looking at a few examples of the anims you chose, 1 vote (unless they have at least 10.0 voting power or more, is really, REALLY not going to make much of a difference >: (but hell, even 10.o voting power will make little deference with something that has over 800 votes...)

srry for bringing that back up...but i really wanted to state that hope you can understand

you underestimate how well stick movies can do on NG...although some will vote low purely because they see sticks...alot won't.

and anyway...although the stuff you said there was quite hard to understand...the basics of it were that when something has over 200 votes, 3.6 isnt close to 4.03...which is basically just confirming what i said...:p

edit:
YES, justsolo got review crew pick :D

his review score is a massive 9.95, with 42 reviews, 41 have given 10's and the other 1 a 9...thats possibly the best ive ever seen...and since its rounded up its actually got a perfect 10 in review score (rounded up from 9.95)
anyway, well done to him :D

sorry leo for taking it offtopic :(

leo4life
03-26-2008, 05:39 PM
really, plzz, take it to pms

colt love
03-26-2008, 05:48 PM
sweeeet
that is all
good bye

Lixu
04-13-2008, 04:33 AM
Shit.. Nice job :) You let me think on Terkoiz if i see your animations, wich i mean as a good thing.