PDA

View Full Version : [Ssjb] B.S.E FA Round 1

Ssjbryando
04-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Well yea... Kinda slow paced etc, but whatever. Don't like the sounds as well, bg repetitive : D But still vote 5 or w/e.

http://ssjbryando.deviantart.com/art/B-S-E-FA-edition-Round-1-118200152
http://www.fluidanims.com/view.php?id=363 [Vote 5 lmao]

kinto
04-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I loved that shit haha. Although right before he headbutts him (the scene before that) the roll looks off (the guy that got launched).

NeonFlame
04-05-2009, 10:19 AM
WOW nice theyre very very good
the only thing i didnt like was the headbut thing it looked kinda wierd to me anyways good job :D

Ssjbryando
04-05-2009, 10:26 AM
\: Ok.

Thanks for the comments. And yea I know, can't be bothered to fix it now though.

Rabstar
04-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I didn't understand the explosion..Other than that, <3

5/5, definetely. :D
NOW HELP MEH! >:3

Ssjbryando
04-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Yea I thought that was a part people MIGHT misunderstand. Well he was still in the air from the spin kick. And so, after showing black rolling. He forces himself to the ground with speed (causing smoke)

So yea lol >:D

Thanks man.

Vacuum
04-05-2009, 11:01 AM
<3333333333333333333

Kieran.
04-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I love that well eased style..

your amazing !

Arch-Angel
04-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Really great animation. I <3'd it.
Although, if I was head of BSE, I would disqualify most of the entry's (not just yours) because they are not legitimate combos. A combo that is 5 or 6 moves shouldn't last more than 5 seconds, and the person attacking shouldn't stand still or run/walk the entire time. Combo's are one hit after another. That's how it is in Mortal Kombat at least, lol.

doc
04-05-2009, 11:55 AM
I couldn't really tell what was going on, but it must have been just me. Good job though.

Tawnik
04-05-2009, 12:02 PM
A W E S O M E
I love it, I seriously do love it, the timing was good, easing was wonderful, just one thing I've noticed

http://www.truploader.com/uploads/224907ssjs.jpg

Like 5 frames before and after this screen (+/-) were akward, I think it was just a mistake, idk, compared to the rest of the animation its NOTHING, I just noticed that, wanted to tell you.

But I think this is one of yours BEST.Its so smooth :D I love that and yeah the when the blue one goes down, the blur and the "spinning" was great, I love that effect =)

:D

This animation deserves 9,8

Doctor Crow
04-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Wow. Just definitley wow.

Ssjbryando
04-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Really great animation. I <3'd it.
Although, if I was head of BSE, I would disqualify most of the entry's (not just yours) because they are not legitimate combos. A combo that is 5 or 6 moves shouldn't last more than 5 seconds, and the person attacking shouldn't stand still or run/walk the entire time. Combo's are one hit after another. That's how it is in Mortal Kombat at least, lol.

WOW...DAMOCLES..LOVED..SOMETHING.. oO.. Epic.

Yes, haha, I totally agree with you. I've seen some more that had that. But my entry is probably the longest of em all (600 frames) so mine especially. Although I tried to make it look like he was at least still floating or so (not stopping) but I agree.

I couldn't really tell what was going on, but it must have been just me. Good job though.

That sucks :C yea SOME had it. I can see why. But after watching it, maybe 3 times or so you get it.

A W E S O M E
I love it, I seriously do love it, the timing was good, easing was wonderful, just one thing I've noticed

http://www.truploader.com/uploads/224907ssjs.jpg

Like 5 frames before and after this screen (+/-) were akward, I think it was just a mistake, idk, compared to the rest of the animation its NOTHING, I just noticed that, wanted to tell you.

But I think this is one of yours BEST.Its so smooth :D I love that and yeah the when the blue one goes down, the blur and the "spinning" was great, I love that effect =)

This animation deserves 9,8

Wow Tawnik, that really means a lot that you liked it so much =]. I also think its definitely a good one (seeing as I didn't really released a lot)

I doubt I'll get anywhere around a 9, maybe not even an 8. But I sure hope so. For a normal 8 hit combo, I think I made the most out of it in a way \: But they might no consider that.

And.. Yea I didn't like that part lol, but I kept it anyways, cause it was kinda a bitch.

-Hawk-
04-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I sure hope you win cause that was worth it. O_O

Tawnik
04-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah I know what you're talking about, do you know what helps when animating some kind of "bitch" movement ? I will tell you :D
Animate just the body, head and legs, dont add arms.. add them later ;) try that out, it might work =)

and I doubt that you'll get under 9, depends on what is the competition more about, if its about "story line" then you have no chance :D because I didnt see whats going on I know its a fight, :D, so if there are all the points for the quality of the animation and for the creativity of the movements, then you have to own that comp ;)

anyways, good luck and tell me how much you got =)

Sunder Forge
04-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Twas awsome, although the smoke could be better ( different blobs instead of movie clips)
The crater at the end though, looked bad, it didn't look like a crater at all, needs colour variation or something, but the pros outnumber the cons so whatever.
Good job yo

Raffi
04-05-2009, 12:32 PM
I nearly came, it was so awesome.

The end was.. eh.. though.

Good job :D

Ssjbryando
04-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah I know what you're talking about, do you know what helps when animating some kind of "bitch" movement ? I will tell you :D
Animate just the body, head and legs, dont add arms.. add them later ;) try that out, it might work =)

and I doubt that you'll get under 9, depends on what is the competition more about, if its about "story line" then you have no chance :D because I didnt see whats going on I know its a fight, :D, so if there are all the points for the quality of the animation and for the creativity of the movements, then you have to own that comp ;)

anyways, good luck and tell me how much you got =)

I mostly do that lol :P Thanks anyways <3 It indeed helps at times.

And no, its not about story. This is B.S.E Just like spp. And I don't know. I hope I will, and I honestly think I deserve 9- or something, but I don't know. \: I think itll be a 8,1 average total. Creative ftw, and such =]

Twas awsome, although the smoke could be better ( different blobs instead of movie clips)
The crater at the end though, looked bad, it didn't look like a crater at all, needs colour variation or something, but the pros outnumber the cons so whatever.
Good job yo

I agree, more noted me on that. But meh, I'm bad at that. It didn't look to horrific to me. I really liked the fbf smoke though :c although I think you mean the circle thingies.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Sunder forge & Damocles liking, is dubbel win.
What you mean, with pros outnumber the cons? You mean they have more flaws?

I nearly came, it was so awesome.

The end was.. eh.. though.

Good job :D

Wow, raffeh liking something \: (jk)

Thanks..

Sucks that the end seems to ruin it?
But not as badly.. \: Sucks. I want everything to be good. I liked the blur and such.

Sunder Forge
04-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Sunder forge & Damocles liking, is dubbel win.
What you mean, with pros outnumber the cons? You mean they have more flaws?

I mean, that though there was two flaws, the rest kicked ass so they don't really matter.

Ssjbryando
04-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Oh right, DUH.. Lol.. Re-read it, obvious.

I see, thanks.

Rabstar
04-06-2009, 03:27 AM
I didn't understand the explosion..Other than that, <3

5/5, definetely. :D
NOW HELP MEH! >:3

Yea I thought that was a part people MIGHT misunderstand. Well he was still in the air from the spin kick. And so, after showing black rolling. He forces himself to the ground with speed (causing smoke)

So yea lol >:D

Thanks man.

Still don't get it...lol.
Help me, man, I ned help! >:3

HELP!!

Kensei
04-06-2009, 03:59 AM
The explosions were him stepping on the ground to generate speed to travel at like 10930930190 miles per hour thus creating giant explosions. Or something like that....

Ssjb definately one of your, if not your best anim lol :P. Although you should fix the head butt noaw ! or ill slap you .... its way too weak and weird. Add more vcam shaking and smoke and change it alot

Mesmay
04-06-2009, 04:06 AM
im gunna say that was epic.

that was epic.

however-
you seriously need to work on bgs- like, wtf WAS half of that stuff sticking out of the ground? I swear i saw a hammer at one point.
You rushed the bg, and tbh it looked bad and it drags down the rest of the animation.

Dont do weird un-natural shit like that, if you want stuff sticking out of the ground, make it a stalagmite. At least that way, it looks kinda more natural. also im sure you could then incorperate some of your rock breaking stuff which always looks good.

Thats the one thing i didnt like.

Apart from that, very, very, very, very, okay.

Nah, kidding, it was great.

Lixu
04-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Now SSJ will say:
Yeah but mesmay, it's for bse, they dont judge on bg's. <3

Tawnik
04-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Now SSJ will say:

It's not rated so it can be shity, is that how you think ?

Mesmay
04-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Now SSJ will say:

Hm maybe, but stone says that bgs do count, albeit a little.
If i remember correctly.

reqtor
04-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Wow that was sick and the punches were super powerfull
i love your entry!

godmouth
04-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Look how many comments ssj gets.

<3 all deserved.

Lixu
04-06-2009, 01:32 PM

Yes, I do.

New Generation
04-06-2009, 01:36 PM
SSJ, tell me your secret of improving at 1000km/s

Ssjbryando
04-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Still don't get it...lol.
Help me, man, I ned help! >:3

HELP!!

I don't mentor at the moment man =] I can't just help.. You havn't even said with what lol.

The explosions were him stepping on the ground to generate speed to travel at like 10930930190 miles per hour thus creating giant explosions. Or something like that....

Ssjb definately one of your, if not your best anim lol :P. Although you should fix the head butt noaw ! or ill slap you .... its way too weak and weird. Add more vcam shaking and smoke and change it alot

Kensei, best asian buddeh <3

I also think its one of my best, even though a lot can be improved in my opinion. I agree with the headbutt, although I slightly edited it on the deviant version, giving it more shake. I think the headbutt will down my score a lot >: But oh well..

<3 I will later.

im gunna say that was epic.

that was epic.

however-
you seriously need to work on bgs- like, wtf WAS half of that stuff sticking out of the ground? I swear i saw a hammer at one point.
You rushed the bg, and tbh it looked bad and it drags down the rest of the animation.

Dont do weird un-natural shit like that, if you want stuff sticking out of the ground, make it a stalagmite. At least that way, it looks kinda more natural. also im sure you could then incorperate some of your rock breaking stuff which always looks good.

Thats the one thing i didnt like.

Apart from that, very, very, very, very, okay.

Nah, kidding, it was great.

Haha thanks Mesmay <3 (You handsome fellow... I know I saw a smile :X)

But yes.. My answer to the backgrounds, is EXACTLY What Lixu under this post said.

Now SSJ will say:

<3 Yup.

Exactly my point. <3

Hm maybe, but stone says that bgs do count, albeit a little.
If i remember correctly.

I don't like that :c 80% don't have a bg, its unfair to rate for it. Although I get what he meant. With neons dranes, his animation was heavily INVOLVED with the background. If it wasnt for the tree he could have never executed is as good, so he got points for that.

Wow that was sick and the punches were super powerfull
i love your entry!

Thanks man. I was going for the powerfull hits.

Look how many comments ssj gets.

<3 all deserved.

Thanks man <3 Love you. Lmao.. Yea a lot of comments.. I love stickpage.. Fa I got ONE >: BUT, a lot of votes.

SSJ, tell me your secret of improving at 1000km/s

lol. Unfortunatly, I don't animate that much. I said it before, but I think I also improve semi-fast (Not trying to sound cocky) if you look at howmuch I actually animate. I submit something each 2 months >: [Although I guess more do]

BUT.. THAT WILL CHANGE D:

WOw guys.. Thanks a lot for the comments. It really makes me feel it was worth it to create something (overreacted, just 600 frames, a few days) but still :D