PDA

View Full Version : what should i get?

SRC
03-23-2008, 11:40 PM
mac or pc? Mac's are better, but are in the thousands and would take forever to save up for, but some pc's are cheaper, in the 800s and are still pretty good. Should i compromise or go all the way?

Kitsune
03-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Poll central please?

Macs if you have money and can work with them. Try a mac out. If you like it, and can handle working with one (I know many who can't) then I suggest it. They're faster, easier to work with, and are very fun!

They can also have both windows and OSX on them, so you still have options.

SuckCannon
03-24-2008, 12:12 AM
if you want a computer that works, get a mac.

2-D
03-24-2008, 12:22 AM

AH AHHA

dude, you should be a professional comedian.

Kitsune
03-24-2008, 12:26 AM

HP and dell work, Mac's just better.

Fag.

SuckCannon
03-24-2008, 12:27 AM
AH AHHA

dude, you should be a professional comedian.

dude, i have a mac. and it works. where's the joke?

SuckCannon
03-24-2008, 12:28 AM
HP and dell work, Mac's just better.

Fag.

i'll agree with you on hp, but dell is cheap crap.

did you seriously call me a faggot? on the internet? i am outraged. O.o

Kitsune
03-24-2008, 12:30 AM
i'll agree with you on hp, but dell is cheap crap.

did you seriously call me a faggot? on the internet? i am outraged. O.o

I kid I kid

And I called you a fag, not a faggot.

fag. lol.

Gateway? Intelz?

the afro ninja
03-24-2008, 12:31 AM
*begin spam now*

i havent done enough research to make a valid point but i simply prefer PC for no particular reason.

SuckCannon
03-24-2008, 12:32 AM
I kid I kid

And I called you a fag, not a faggot.

fag. lol.

Gateway? Intelz?

in that case i'm not mad anymore.

i didn't know gateway still existed, and i use an intel processor that treats me right.

Kitsune
03-24-2008, 12:35 AM
I am using gateway now.

LN3uq
03-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Dells are actually fairly expensive, considering you could buy the parts and put it together yourself for much cheaper.

And I agree with all of your original post, SRC, except for the part where you said that macs are better. See, that's where you're wrong. And that's where you're brainwashed by society.
The only thing apple has over pcs is that their operating system was designed so five year olds could operate it flawlessly.

SuckCannon
03-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Dells are actually fairly expensive, considering you could buy the parts and put it together yourself for much cheaper.

And I agree with all of your original post, SRC, except for the part where you said that macs are better. See, that's where you're wrong. And that's where you're brainwashed by society.
The only thing apple has over pcs is that their operating system was designed so five year olds could operate it flawlessly.

yeah, problems dealing with UI are the first problems you have to deal with. so the mac has one that looks good and is easy to use. i didn't realize ease of use was a bad thing.

the only negative thing for a mac is the parts aren't easily upgradable. though, i have a g4 that still runs perfectly, considering it's age. a pc just as old would be unusable.

lukedmor
03-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Before, i was asking myself the same question, and i came to this conclusion:

Mac- if you want simple;fast;and high reliability

P.C.- if you want to learn;study;create things. P.C. can also be as fast as the mac, but that will cost a lot. i mean A LOT

in my story, it ended with P.C. I bought the HP Pavilion Slimline s3400z. which is fast, reliable, lots of space, and also like a regular P.C. And For Only $500.00!!!!

(but i'm not advertising, it's just awesome)

2-D
03-24-2008, 12:42 AM
shut up, macfag.

LN3uq
03-24-2008, 12:49 AM
yeah, problems dealing with UI are the first problems you have to deal with. so the mac has one that looks good and is easy to use. i didn't realize ease of use was a bad thing.

the only negative thing for a mac is the parts aren't easily upgradable. though, i have a g4 that still runs perfectly, considering it's age. a pc just as old would be unusable.
I never said ease of use was a bad thing, I said that's the only good thing that macs have.

Like you say, macs are hard to upgrade, which completely negates your next statement, where you claim your old computer which you did not upgrade because of the difficulty to do so, works perfectly. My computers are just as old, if not older and work as well as any computer of any brand can be expected to work after six+ years.

lukedmor
03-24-2008, 12:55 AM
shut up, macfag.

whoa, whoa, whoa. you mean me? do u maen macfag as in hates macs, or likes 'em?

Kitsune
03-24-2008, 12:56 AM
whoa, whoa, whoa. you mean me? do u maen macfag as in hates macs, or likes 'em?

Quoted for lol.

LN3uq
03-24-2008, 01:01 AM
He probably didn't mean you, lukedmor, since he posted seconds after you did, and since you have a pc.

lukedmor
03-24-2008, 01:04 AM
He probably didn't mean you, lukedmor, since he posted seconds after you did, and since you have a pc.

whoa, whoa, whoa. you're jumpin' to conclusions now. i have a P.C., but i'm not using it right know.

GO MAC AND P.C.!!!

...wait. i read that wrong...

Kitsune
03-24-2008, 01:11 AM
whoa, whoa, whoa. you're jumpin' to conclusions now. i have a P.C., but i'm not using it right know.

GO MAC AND P.C.!!!

Quoted for moar lol.

Steyene
03-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Mac = Better for multimedia and video editing

PC = Better fir general use, more sturdy and cheaper.

lukedmor
03-24-2008, 01:32 AM
Mac = Better for multimedia and video editing

PC = Better fir general use, more sturdy and cheaper.

Whoa. there is no such thing as "general Use" P.C. is also good for multimedia and video editing, you just need the right software. AND as we all should know, there is more software for P.C. than for Mac. Mac is made up of a lot of clunky freeware, unless the software is made by apple, like logicPro and stuff.

Kitsune
03-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Whoa. there is no such thing as "general Use" P.C. is also good for multimedia and video editing, you just need the right software. AND as we all should know, there is more software for P.C. than for Mac. Mac is made up of a lot of clunky freeware, unless the software is made by apple, like logicPro and stuff.

Don't speak of things you have no understandings of when ergo lol......

Macs are BETTER than PCs for multimedia and video editing. They always will be. They have more programs than PC as well as the ones like flash that make or edit media. Mac's software capabilities are only limited to the crappy software that the makers aren't motivated about their own product enough to make a version for mac. Most of those suck anyway. =/

Mac is fine, and better than PC at multimedia.

And stop saying WHOA like everything is a huge deal.

Steyene
03-24-2008, 01:50 AM
Also I know what I am talking about with Mac multimedia control, as I have been mixing a CD for the last year and a bit. Windows sucks ballsfor that.

lukedmor
03-24-2008, 01:52 AM
Don't speak of things you have no understandings of when ergo lol......

Macs are BETTER than PCs for multimedia and video editing. They always will be. They have more programs than PC as well as the ones like flash that make or edit media. Mac's software capabilities are only limited to the crappy software that the makers aren't motivated about their own product enough to make a version for mac. Most of those suck anyway. =/

Mac is fine, and better than PC at multimedia.

And stop saying WHOA like everything is a huge deal.

whoa. Mac is only better in multimedia if it has the right software, like LogicPro. otherwise, you can get FREEWARE taht is better than the software that comes with the mac.

lukedmor
03-24-2008, 01:57 AM
Also I know what I am talking about with Mac multimedia control, as I have been mixing a CD for the last year and a bit. Windows sucks ballsfor that.

whoh. and i agree with what you're saying, but some software/freeware can be downloaded for P.C. that is (maybe alot, maybe not alot) better.
Even i personally use the Mac for my video editing, but mostly because it's faster, and the only computer i have that's optical drive reads a dual-layer disc.

2-D
03-24-2008, 02:01 AM
get a ****ing pc, don't listen to the macfags

Kitsune
03-24-2008, 02:02 AM
whoh. and i agree with what you're saying, but some software/freeware can be downloaded for P.C. that is (maybe alot, maybe not alot) better.
Even i personally use the Mac for my video editing, but mostly because it's faster, and the only computer i have that's optical drive reads a dual-layer disc.

Don't bold and size all of your text, Stop Double-Posting, Stop using Smilies, and Stop......For the love of christ.....Stop Saying whoa like a ****ing stoner who can't handle the stress of a conversation.

Only Better if it has the right software? Macs are more capable of getting such software, thus, making them better, on average, for multimedia.

lukedmor
03-24-2008, 02:03 AM

so exactly who are the macfags, HUH?

Don't bold and size all of your text, Stop Double-Posting, Stop using Smilies, and Stop......For the love of christ.....Stop Saying whoa like a ****ing stoner who can't handle the stress of a conversation.

Only Better if it has the right software? Macs are more capable of getting such software, thus, making them better, on average, for multimedia.

Capable of getting such software? P.C.s have just as much capability of getting software as Macs. i want YOU to tell ME how macs have more capability.

OMFG! FIRST POST WITHOUT WHOA!

Kitsune
03-24-2008, 02:04 AM
so exactly who are the macfags, HUH?

Is it enough with your behavior, your owning of a mac, and being a clear fag make to you a prime example of a macfag?

LN3uq
03-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Macs are more capable of getting such software, thus, making them better, on average, for multimedia.What does that even mean? How hard is it to get software?
You go to the store, buy it, and install it.

Done.

There isn't even a ???? step. Just profit.

Kitsune
03-24-2008, 02:08 AM
What does that even mean? How hard is it to get software?

Done.

There is Mac-Only software out there, sir.

2-D
03-24-2008, 02:11 AM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5796/1206338013392ow2.jpg

lukedmor
03-24-2008, 02:12 AM
There is Mac-Only software out there, sir.

But there is WAY MORE P.C.-only software out there, "sir"

Macs are more capable of getting such software, thus, making them better, on average, for multimedia.

What does that even mean? How hard is it to get software?

Done.

way with you there.

AND thanks for the HUGE ****IN' POST that kinda supports me, 2-D

Kitsune
03-24-2008, 02:15 AM
But there is WAY MORE P.C.-only software out there, "sir"

This P.C Only software rarely comes and when it does rear its ugly head, it rarely has any effect on media and sucks juicy AIDS cock anyway SIR!!!!!

lukedmor
03-24-2008, 02:19 AM
This P.C Only software rarely comes and when it does rear its ugly head, it rarely has any effect on media and sucks juicy AIDS cock anyway SIR!!!!!

WHOA. that's wrong. the software rarely comes? go to a computer store that supports BOTH mac & P.C. tell me witch software you see most of. for Mac or for P.C.?

TOO MANY QUOTES!!!

SuckCannon
03-24-2008, 03:30 AM

most of the freeware i find for the mac works fantastically.

imported_SPARTAN_117
03-24-2008, 04:43 AM
haha sir

pc cuz...i have one

Scarecrow
03-24-2008, 05:42 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MVwbhsqEyNI

/thread

Myself
03-24-2008, 06:33 AM
PC's can sustain moar barrel rolls.

Scorpioxxx
03-24-2008, 07:51 AM
If you want this solved; Buy a mac mini if you have a monitor or an iMac if you don't, Macpro's are just overpriced IMO. You already have a PC I'm guessing, so, new mac comes with bootcamp, you use your windows disks with bootcamp and you can now run windows and OSX meaning mac only stuff and PC only stuff on the same comp.

SRC
03-24-2008, 10:17 AM
i want a mac more than a pc. but i might get a pc cuz i dont wanna save up 12 billion dollars

lukedmor
03-24-2008, 11:37 AM
i want a mac more than a pc. but i might get a pc cuz i dont wanna save up 12 billion dollars

yeah. yoiu should start out with a p.c., then once you get the money, you can but a mac. BUT a mac mini with a moniter is still under $1000, so if you want to take an easy shortcut, you can get that.

most of the freeware i find for the mac works fantastically.

yeah, but it's pretter hard to find mac freeware. i also have p.c. freeware on my p.c. and it also works awesome. (my personal favorite is the console calculator, or ccalc(goo

Dinomut
03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
PCs>Macs.
PCs cost less
get a PC.

SuckCannon
03-24-2008, 11:42 PM
yeah, but it's pretter hard to find mac freeware.

not at all.

macupdate.com

apple.com/downloads

SuckCannon
03-24-2008, 11:43 PM
If you want this solved; Buy a mac mini if you have a monitor or an iMac if you don't, Macpro's are just overpriced IMO. You already have a PC I'm guessing, so, new mac comes with bootcamp, you use your windows disks with bootcamp and you can now run windows and OSX meaning mac only stuff and PC only stuff on the same comp.

quoted for truth

Paco
03-25-2008, 09:54 PM
mac=phail
pc=win

im not explaing why though because a whole bunch of mac fags will be like
"MACSSsS AReTHE BEWST!!!!"

Vervanda
03-25-2008, 10:02 PM
macs are for fags, douches, gays, aperture, scorpioxxx, and macfags.

Cryoma
03-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Macs don't get viruses.
Can I be pro comedian too now please?
By the way, get a screaming fast PC then run VMware.

Gavel
03-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Macs don't get viruses.
Yeah, but they still crash. At least my parent's Mac did. The "logic board" broke.

Kitsune
03-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah, but they still crash. At least my parent's Mac did. The "logic board" broke.

Is a "Logic board" just a fancy term for Keyboard or the Motherboard in Mac's many attempts to act different from PC companies?

Gavel
03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Is a "Logic board" just a fancy term for Keyboard or the Motherboard in Mac's many attempts to act different from PC companies?
I don't know. But I know it's something internal because when it wasn't properly running, the thing wouldn't turn on. The only reason I know it was the cause of my parent's Mac to crash was because that's what the people said caused it when they took it in for repairs.

Kitsune
03-26-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't know. But I know it's something internal because when it wasn't properly running, the thing wouldn't turn on. The only reason I know it was the cause of my parent's Mac to crash was because that's what the people said caused it when they took it in for repairs.

Okay. I'll look it up after I go to sleep.

G'nite!

Aperture
03-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Well
I use a Mac
I have a PC Desktop, But i like the Mac more. I havent used my PC in 2 months

But what exactly are you looking for? Gaming? if that what you want, PC is for you

But more along application wise, i would root for the Mac

and now they have intel so if you NEED windows,
you can use it as a secondary OS with the Macs

sticky95
03-26-2008, 12:16 AM
INTERNET:

Macs are like you're in a cage; you're protected from all that's out there, but you can't always run free (AKA download things quick and fast, and/or run everything)

Windows is like it's out free, meaning you're vulnerable to the dangers of the internet, but can do more, like downloads lots of programs quickly and run them.

MISC:
Macs generally don't have the best basic controls. The 'start menu' is only a bunch of icons always available at the bottom... In Windows, the start menu has just about everything. You click it, and you can go into folders and sub-folders. Also, you have to Control+Click, not right click or even scroll. You're dependent on the keyboard too much. On a Windows, you can operate a lot with the mouse and almost everything with the keyboard.

However, Macs also have their own little programs like GarageBand, some photo editing tool (Not positive if it's Photoshop), and SmartNotebook (Although I don't know if Windows has that too).

I'd go Windows, but that's only because I had it before Mac. If you have the money, try both out, or just go to a friend's house with a Mac, and one with Windows.

SuckCannon
03-26-2008, 01:23 AM
mac=phail
pc=win

im not explaing why though because a whole bunch of mac fags will be like
"MACSSsS AReTHE BEWST!!!!"

maybe we aren't macfags and you're just a bunch of pcfags?

LN3uq
03-26-2008, 01:34 AM
No, because you're wrong and won't accept it. If macs really were better, I'd use one in an instant.

SuckCannon
03-26-2008, 04:19 AM
Macs are like you're in a cage; you're protected from all that's out there, but you can't always run free (AKA download things quick and fast, and/or run everything)
i use a program called crossover, so i can open windows-based files directly on my desktop.

Macs generally don't have the best basic controls. The 'start menu' is only a bunch of icons always available at the bottom... In Windows, the start menu has just about everything. You click it, and you can go into folders and sub-folders. Also, you have to Control+Click, not right click or even scroll. You're dependent on the keyboard too much. On a Windows, you can operate a lot with the mouse and almost everything with the keyboard.
personally, i find windows start menu to be really clunky. on the mac, you put your most used programs on the dock, and find anything else with spotlight, which is much faster than windows search feature.
macs have right click and a scroll ball on their mouse, so your information is a little dated. and even when i used windows, i used keyboard shortcuts, i think they're helpful. but that doesn't mean you have to, the mouse is capable of everything it is in windows plus more. you should try actually using a mac for more than a couple minutes, you might actually like it. it's different, but that doesn't mean it's worse.

No, because you're wrong and won't accept it. If macs really were better, I'd use one in an instant.

oh okay, i'm wrong. you don't use one, so clearly they're inferior. and you are who, btw?

LN3uq
03-26-2008, 10:20 AM
I am better than you, that's who.
by the way, I'm not really this much of an asshole. I just don't like macs and you're easily annoyed.

Prince of PIMPs
03-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Macs are good for flash, but you can use flash on pc anyhow, I think you should get linus xp or 2000(don't mistake it for ME) for your operating system.
If you found or find in future, a program that only works on mac, then i suggest you look for plugins, patches and a lot of registry files, so you can make it work.

Gavel
03-26-2008, 06:05 PM
GarageBand

PC:
FL Studio, ACID, Cynascore, Magix Music Maker, M-Audio Session...

SRC
03-29-2008, 12:53 PM
solved. i got a sony viao. im in love...