PDA

View Full Version : Resistance speech 2

Jeremy
04-13-2009, 06:37 AM
The men you see behind me, they are my council. These are the men who instructed my father in the complex ways of politics, in the devious art of economics. These are good men...Supposedly. You see, I was having some trouble last night, thinking of what I should come up on this podium and tell you today, so I came to them, as this was something they would help me with from time to time, and I asked them what I should do, maybe what you all needed to hear. And so they pondered together all night, and in the morning they presented me with notes. You can see I have them right here.
They want me to tell you, that in times of desperation, where men are pushed to the breaking point, when they have gone as far as they can, that it is in their best interest to surrender. That's its okay to give up. They want me to tell you, that we face an army the likes of which our earth has not yet faced, that moves the planet when they march. They want me to tell you, that you are incapable of facing this army. They want me to tell you that its okay to watch out brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers get slaughtered before us, while we sit down and put our hands in our pockets. They want me to tell you that when I look out into the sea of bodies to the north, waiting for an order to attack us, that I feel fear. They want me to tell you that I cower before the odds we face on this day.

But I wont.

Because you want to know what I see when I peer out into the abyss before us? I see every failure any human has ever accepted, I see every failure I as your leader have accepted. I see my dead sons face, glaring at me, wondering why I didn't act when I had the chance. And I see one more chance to undo those mistakes! To write the wrongs of the past! I see the fear behind our enemies intentions, they want us gone, because they know what we are capable of! They know what we have done! And they know what we intend to do, and how far we are willing do it.
I look not to my back, towards my advisers. I look towards you! Stand with me, one last time, so that we may drive out our enemies! So that we may show them, that humans are not slaves! So that we may keep the freedom our fathers earned for us! The freedom they bled for! So that we may honor their memory, by defending ground they won! Stand with me! STAND WITH ME!

The end is a bit cheesy and cliche, but I just watched braveheart, so what can you do? Lol.

Beefy
04-13-2009, 08:13 AM
is this for overthrowing the government? cause i could use it.

Jeremy
04-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Nah, just some random thing I thought of after watching braveheart, lolers.

Jeremy
04-13-2009, 08:23 PM
So, can you just tell me if its shitty or something? I would really like some closure, jeez.

Beefy
04-14-2009, 08:30 AM
its really good, nothing i could think of though to make it better

Jeremy
04-14-2009, 08:56 AM
I didn't mean that at you pandemic, haha. Sounds pretty jerkish if it was aimed at you.

Beefy
04-14-2009, 10:47 AM
maybe it was.... anyways, next time i form a coup on the semi-fascist government ill use this right before my catholic/jew extremeists blow up the white house.

Jeremy
04-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Huzzah !

Beefy
04-15-2009, 08:09 AM
it's not huzzah, it's MOTHER TERESA. i already forgot what this thread was about.

alive
04-17-2009, 11:40 AM
I thought it was great, especially the build-up. But isn't the expression to right the wrongs of the past, not write them?