Mr.Pancake
04-13-2009, 07:06 AM
http://www.truploader.com/view/534764

just getting familiar with the biped

Tawnik
04-13-2009, 07:11 AM
http://www.truploader.com/view/534764

just getting familiar with the biped

Idk, I tried 3d animation and it isnt easy, I know it, I want to ask you, do you animate like pose, skip like 3 frames, pose, skip 4 frames, pose, skip 2 frames, pose ?
because if you do it this way, if you let the tween to make the work, it looks un natural, I think you should practice with primitives, practice easing.I know Max is easing every tween, but thats not what Im talking about.And work on the movements.Aaaan for now, dont use any moving camera, its hard to see the actual animation (movements)

Mr.Pancake
04-13-2009, 07:25 AM
yeah its kinda like that, but I overlap different poses for every limb so it doesn't look that robot-ish.

Bonk
04-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Yeah, it looked a bit unnatural, but I don't know anything about 3D so I assume I agree with Tawnik.

Tawnik
04-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Okay, how I do that, I just do a pose to pose animation, it looks awkward, what you have to do is EASE, you have to click every limb and refine the animation, for example you have like 6 frames for one step,
1.frame taking off
2.the distance from the taking off position and the middle position (extreme if you want) should be 2/3
3.extreme, middle position
4.2/3 between landing and middle position
5.Landing
6.Step is done

Now grab your animation and add more inbetweens, go through the animation once more and do it like oO O O O O O Oo (thats the easing :DDD)

So, thats how I do that and I think its working =) For me the tweens are just "guides" I refine the animation all the time =)

doc
04-13-2009, 08:49 PM
He kinda spazzed right before the first jump. Like he skipped a whole step in preparing for the jump. But I understand how hard 3D animating can be, I'm just starting to try it myself, so that's not bad.

Knightsy
04-13-2009, 11:57 PM
He didnt get enough run up and he needs to flex his back yo. Cant comment much as i dont know shit about 3d.