PDA

View Full Version : Rabstar + Bluntanims' joint!

Rabstar
04-16-2009, 03:42 AM
http://www.truploader.com/view/366845

Unfinished, we thought it wasn't good. I am the black stick and he is the blue stick.

Enjoy and CC please. :D

Knightsy
04-16-2009, 03:46 AM
Not much to comment on :/
Pretty good i guess.

Automaton
04-16-2009, 03:52 AM
All good. Not too original, maybe try something different (i.e. with weapons, or not fighting at all), but apart from that the animation was good.

Rabstar
04-16-2009, 03:54 AM
Yah, we were just wanting to do some other old fight... :D

Arch-Angel
04-16-2009, 04:34 AM
Good so far. I think you guys should have added a background instead of putting the main emphasis on the sticks. Like, zoomed out a bit with a BG.

Tawnik
04-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Use double-framing, your animation is pretty cool but it needs to be slowed down a lil bit =)

Bonk
04-16-2009, 05:14 AM
I disagree with Tawnik, that flowed well and would not benefit from slow-down.

Vacuum
04-16-2009, 05:30 AM
Yay, two of my probably favourite people!

Awesome!

StarFenix
04-16-2009, 05:36 AM
Good rhythm, I enjoy it.

Looking forward to your finished work.

doc
04-16-2009, 07:06 AM
The blue stick was good, but the black stick had some really weird poses, and looked sloppily drawn.

Rabstar
04-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Yay, two of my probably favourite people!

Awesome!

<3 Thanks man. I'll try and make something longerrr...

The blue stick was good, but the black stick had some really weird poses, and looked sloppily drawn.

That's 'cause blunt had a tablet, and I had to use my mouse the whole way through the animation.

Thanks everyone else for the comments. ^.^

-Hawk-
04-16-2009, 07:51 AM
You didn't put it together very nicely, they don't really joint well. Animation was decent, liked Bluntanim's more, you need to work on sloppiness and certain weird positions, looked like yours didn't move much. =3

zawmbee
04-16-2009, 07:51 AM
How many frames did you do? Looks like BA did all of it -

Rabstar
04-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Errm, I animated the black stick, all bymyself...
I animated around 100 or so frames, the rest were still frames :P

Hawk, yeah, I see the positions were akwardd...My slopiness was a bit blamed on 'cause I was using mouse and not tablet. Some of it was also speed animated, which was what we were going for at the beginning.

Plague
04-16-2009, 12:04 PM
That was good. I don't understand the disapearing and re-apearing though.
I know you did it as a cartoony and comical effect, but the first one was wierd. The 2nd was funny though when the guy looked around for him.

Nothing that I could see was negative other than the look around at the end, although funny it was too fast and lacked the illusion his head really turned.

You can get the full idea of some of the perspective/3D-like views of the sticks, and the movement was good, the fast movement is justified since it was a fight. The effects were also very good.

Clips
04-16-2009, 07:09 PM
since i last saw you rab, (millions of ages ago) you have improved soooo much man
it isnt much like everyone's said but i can see just from that you've improved

Rabstar
04-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Haha, Thanks guy's.
Killdude, I needed to find a way to make my stick get ready for the next attack, so I got him fired out the left, and re-appearing from the top. :P
The end, it was supposed to be, like, 'Uhhhuh, Don't you mess wit me!' Kinda thing, but we quit it. :P
The effects, Killdude? The particles blunt did? OFC they were epic, BA did them! lol.
I haven't really tried any 3D camera angles or anything, I wasn't aiming to, either, in this animation. o.o lol.

Should I continue with this sorta style?

Plague
04-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Oh yeah, definetly. I really enjoyed the perspective type style even if it was by accident. The perspective is only slight but it still brings this animation to live. I hope to see more like these.

Omega
04-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Well done. Blunt's part was animated very well.
Easing was good.
Fast paced.
VERY nice movements; they're quite elaborate too.
Smooth as well.

Good good. And I also disagree with Tawnik; double framing would ruin the animation.

Kieran.
04-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Why is no-one give rabstar any compliments, his part was awesome as-well.

Plague
04-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey KD, didn't you get banned? I saw threads with you (or someone with the exact same name as you) in them, it showed you as banned.

zawmbee
04-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Not much going on to comment on really.

Kieran.
04-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey KD, didn't you get banned? I saw threads with you (or someone with the exact same name as you) in them, it showed you as banned.

I got banned for 1 day for expressing my dislike of rap to gavel and various other deeds (apparently testing his limits), so I'm not banned any more.

Miccool
04-17-2009, 07:24 PM
That's 'cause blunt had a tablet, and I had to use my mouse the whole way through the animation.

That's a poor excuse seeing as basically everyone else besides blunt uses mouse and can pull off proper poses. Anyway, you're getting better but a lot of things looked odd. The transition from when you're hit in the air and when you fall is very sudden. I think he punched down or something, but it's unnoticeable. When your guy falls from the sky he should have some shock in his legs making him crouch down or something rather than keeping the same pose. And the free transformation looked extremely lazy. I don't know if it was intentional but it looks unappealing. Yeah.. That's what I thought of it, keep it up.

Rabstar
04-19-2009, 07:01 AM

<3 thanks man. ^.^

I'm improving, which I am really happy with. Thanks for all the comments, guys. ^.^

bluntanims
04-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Rabstar did good.

Everybody like seriously needs to stop sucking up to me by complementing me.
Rather give good ideas and complements to rabstar, for being able to animate while my stick is prancing around.

It's harder then you think

_slanted_
04-21-2009, 05:43 PM
quality animation, i liked it.

Rabstar
04-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Rabstar did good.

Everybody like seriously needs to stop sucking up to me by complementing me.
Rather give good ideas and complements to rabstar, for being able to animate while my stick is prancing around.

It's harder then you think

<3 thanks blunt, you're the best.
And guys, it is kinda hard, 'cause otherwise, it would've been very un-synced and stuff, I had to ease it but keep up, so yah...lol.
I understand I could've made it less wobbly, and make the easing better, but the reactions I had to keep. :P