PDA

View Full Version : Ustartin's Short Story

Ustartin
04-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Ugh. Work experience. I didn't want the Estate Agency, I really didn't. I asked for Law. I asked to be shoulder-to-shoulder with the judge. Not this.

So I get into my suit. I take the twenty minute bus ride to the hospital, where I walk down to the road of the estate agency. "Barnett's" estate agency. They told me Barnett wouldn't even be there that week, he's soaking up the sun in bloody Singapore. So I look at my watch and I'm twenty minutes early. That's okay, I thought. I won't go in yet. I walk down to the seafront, only a block away. I sit on a bench on the promenade and look out towards the sea. It's a very nice day, I sit and listen to the silence and watch the orange sky, looking at my watch every two minutes or so. I get bored and decide to go for a quick wee to pass the time at the public toilet. Finally, it's 8:58. Better get back to Barnett's.

So I get to the very ugly designed office, a converted terraced house, it's on a minor high street. I open the door. There's a big desk with two men sitting behind, both in their early-to-mid twenties. They're chatting about the football. One's got short, gelled, ginger hair and glasses and the other is a little overweight and with short, dark hair.

"Hi, mate. You George, then?"
"Yes, that's me. I'm here for my work experience?" I asked it as a question although I knew this was all arranged.
"Yeah, go sit over there. You're sitting at Mr. Barnett's desk"

Sweet. I look over to the other end of the (small) office. There's two desks facing eachother, both pretty big. With one there's a middle-aged woman sitting and typing. The other's blank. I walk over to it and sit. The ginger fellow introduces himself as Ben. The other's Dave. "... so you'll be doing stuff like photocopying, filing, answering the phone, making cups of tea - that sort of thing." Great. All the usual work experience stuff. Turns out those two lads sold houses. The middle-aged woman gave me an evil glance. She's Angela, apparently. She's the secretary.

"For the moment" said Ben, "just go on the computer, do what you like, MySpace, Facebook, Bebo, whatever. Just don't go lookin' at anything naughty, haha." I shrugged and found a Flash Games website to trawl through. This was what I was going to do for my stay here? What a joke.

More of the story to come...

Strelok
04-17-2009, 09:55 AM
That was ****ing stupid.

Ustartin
04-17-2009, 09:56 AM
That was ****ing stupid.

Ty .

zawmbee
04-17-2009, 10:00 AM
"More of the story to come..."
Please don't, I beg you.

Ustartin
04-17-2009, 10:01 AM
"More of the story to come..."
Please don't, I beg you.

Ok if you don't bring any more of your comic shit, ty.

Mantha
04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
That was ****ing stupid.
Do I have to ban you to teach you that you're not supposed to be a complete dick here?

Ustartin
04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Do I have to ban you to teach you that you're not supposed to be a complete dick here?

I think it's the only way he'll learn, Mantha :P

Mantha
04-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Stay out of this.

Ustartin
04-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Stay out of this.

He was the one who said it to me.

I'm not ****ing blind. You're continuing the fight, which isn't needed and it's immature. Be quiet and let me do my job.
-Mantha