PDA

View Full Version : ooo. some may call them crap.

Kieran.
04-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Right, so it's so bloody quiet at fluidanims, where I've been posting during my ban. I've had this thread up for 1.5 days and 0 responses. So here goes.

So, I have animated brush for overall, about a week. Whenever I've watched the best line animations from Miccool, Endo-K, jcamelo and many more, I wanted to start that style. So now I've started animating with the line tool. It's as though I've started all over agin!

first line tool animation.: http://www.truploader.com/view/535521
(there Is resizeing because I didn't use the gird, It was recommended to me by someone....never again!)

trying blood styles: http://www.truploader.com/view/804487

EDIT: UPDATED: http://www.truploader.com/view/218122 (new one!)

I'm in desperate need of tips, tricks, tutorials and help.

Both at 24 fps..

Miccool
04-17-2009, 07:32 PM
It's not bad I guess. I think the major problem is that not everything in the stick figure changes each frame and remains the same giving it a choppy/stiff look. You have to try to move every limb each frame even if it's only a little. You can try to fix up the choppiness by effectively using your onion skin. You can set it so that you see one frame before and one after so you can see if the current frame is between them or something... well that's what I would do.

The second one is a lot better, but some limbs jump a bit.. so yeah. Using the onion skin can help fix that too.

As for the blood, try slowing it down.. double framing will probably make it look better, idk...

Anyway, glad you like my style, just keep practicing with this and you'll get better. : )

Kieran.
04-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Wo, thanks for the comments man... I will try my best upon them.

(I wasn't expecting to get a comment from someone as amazing as you)

MaxZ
04-18-2009, 02:17 AM
>_> Idolizer.

You should try to ease more.

Plague
04-18-2009, 02:24 AM
Well, I might not be as amazing as miccool, but I have some C&C for ya.

The second one was good, the easing on the kick was good (could have been just a tad better, but good). The walk forward part was waaayyyy too fast. I don't think that was because of the line tool. I have seen you're animations and I know you can do better.

The rest of them I would have C&C for it but miccool pretty much covered all of it.

I like you're blood style.

Vadim_K
04-18-2009, 02:41 AM
very nice indeed
i guess that practice makes perfect

Vadim_K
04-18-2009, 02:44 AM
lol
<------
look at my joined date
i am the oldest guy here
i have been away for a while

Plague
04-18-2009, 02:45 AM
And yet you only have 12 posts. Quit spamming other peoples threads just for an oppurtunity to say something unrelated to his animation. And your not the oldest guy on SP, maybe on this thread.

EDIT: Oh, never mind, sorry, you did post C&C, but don't double post.

Vadim_K
04-18-2009, 02:51 AM
the reason i have so little posts is because i am usually just watching not actually posting
sry about the double post just was entertained by the fact