PDA

View Full Version : Lighting and Walking test (24 fps)

Plague
04-18-2009, 04:50 AM
I though that I would try out some lighting effects. Also, I tried smooting his movements and using a higher FPS. I didn't double frame. Just made smaller movements.

http://skatetalk.leadhoster.com/lighting_test.html

Tawnik
04-18-2009, 05:29 AM
Im not advertising my animation, but look at the very first frames,
thats how we walk, here are some other animations, all are mine, some are wrong and some are just totally wrong :D

links removed

N T
04-18-2009, 05:42 AM
lol... what's with the yellow hair?

Plague
04-18-2009, 05:42 AM
I know you're using them as examples Tawnik, but they kinda upstage me by far. Now, instead of C&C, I'll get more viewers to your animations. :|

Tawnik
04-18-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm trying to help you, I'm removing the links right now..
Just save those links and watch them fbf, learn from that..

Plague
04-18-2009, 05:43 AM
lol... what's with the yellow hair?

Yellow as in blonde. Just because the stick is black doesn't mean it can't be a blonde like it's animator. You racist (lol). I think you hurt his feelings.

Plague
04-18-2009, 05:45 AM
I'm trying to help you, I'm removing the links right now..
Just save those links and watch them fbf, learn from that..

I watched 'em, and I see what you mean. I hope you didn't think that I was making a huge deal out of it.

doc
04-19-2009, 09:24 AM
That's actually pretty good. A bit too much anticipation, though. Or not enough easing. And also, his feet go up to his knees, which they shouldn't. But overall good job, considering walking is one of those things that most people need to take such a long time to get.

N T
04-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Yellow as in blonde. Just because the stick is black doesn't mean it can't be a blonde like it's animator. Your racist (lol). I think you hurt his feelings.
you have dark skin and have blond hair? i've never seen a person like that but kinda wierd.

olololno
04-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Don't use filters >_>

Plague
04-19-2009, 10:05 AM
you have dark skin and have blond hair? i've never seen a person like that but kinda wierd.

No, I'm white, the stick is black.
I was refering to the stick.
He hasn't gotten over it, you should say you sorry. lol
Okay, I think I've made enough of those jokes.

Plague
04-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Don't use filters >_>

I know they kindof overdo it, but I liked it.
It was to show the lighting.
That is what the animation was about afterall.
The filters make better quality lighting effects than I could ever do.

olololno
04-19-2009, 10:10 AM
The reason I'm telling you not to use them is because you don't know how to use them yet =/

You over filtered it so it looks like crap. It also messes the physics up. When light hits you, you don't turn white and fade out like a bevel.

One second.

MaxZ
04-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Srsly, do you walk like THAT!?

olololno
04-19-2009, 10:17 AM
width=550 height=400
http://www.truploader.com/view/352580&lb=n

The first one is what you did. Both the second and the third one are fine to use.
Click the link as well, you can see it better. NVM, I fixed it.

Plague
04-19-2009, 10:18 AM
@ Zyles

No, it's not like I traced still-frames of me walking. I have never got down the actual movements of walking. I didn't think I needed a tutorial but I will check one out.

Plague
04-19-2009, 10:21 AM
The first one is what you did. Both the second and the third one are fine to use.
Click the link as well, you can see it better. NVM, I fixed it.

I get it, but I thought it was neccesary cause in my mind it was supposed to be a very bright like. But now that I look at it, stick figures and people alike aren't very reflective.

olololno
04-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Don't take it the wrong way, if it was like an explosion or something and the stickman was right next to the origin of the explosion, then he probably would be glowing. But with lights and stuff, he wouldn't.

Plague
04-19-2009, 10:38 AM
that wasn't offensive one bit.
Also, that wasn't sarcasm just so you know.

olololno
04-19-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm not a total douche to everyone =/
There are particular people that piss me off with there ignorance though =/ I'm sure you already know who one of them is.

Kieran.
04-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Take olololno's advice.

olololno, change your name.

The problem with the walk stemmed with the bring down of the leg. It was much too fast (as a comparative to the rise of the leg). But I am seeing great signs of improvement from you. Just keep off doing detail like the face until you make a proper animation (over 10 seconds, with more than walking). And of course, keep practicing.

MaxZ
04-19-2009, 11:32 AM
You just have high standards :]

@Damocles.

BluGil
04-19-2009, 11:49 AM
the proportions are off and the hair and eyes look really cheesy and kinda remind me of a pedophile. the bevel your using looks a bit cheesy because its so sharp. he wouldnt shine like that unless he was covered in vaseline.

Plague
04-19-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm not a total douche to everyone =/
There are particular people that piss me off with there ignorance though =/ I'm sure you already know who one of them is.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I didn't take your comment offensive, seriously.
When did I say you were a douch. I read all of my posts,... and I'm pretty sure that phrase was not in any one of them.

olololno
04-19-2009, 11:51 AM
You implied that I was.
Whatever, I'm going to go work on shit now =D

Plague
04-19-2009, 11:51 AM
the proportions are off and the hair and eyes look really cheesy and kinda remind me of a pedophile. the bevel your using looks a bit cheesy because its so sharp. he wouldnt shine like that unless he was covered in vaseline.

lol

A pedofile, how so?
(retorical question)

Plague
04-19-2009, 11:56 AM
You implied that I was.
Whatever, I'm going to go work on shit now =D

If I did, please quote it for me, because as I recall it the conversation went a bit like this:

olololno

Don't take it the wrong way, if it was like an explosion or something and the stickman was right next to the origin of the explosion, then he probably would be glowing. But with lights and stuff, he wouldn't.

killdude69

that wasn't offensive one bit.
Also, that wasn't sarcasm just so you know.

I will translate what I said in the previous quote from me to clear it up:

that wasn't offensive one bit. -> I did not take it the wrong way
Also, that wasn't sarcasm just so you know. -> The way I worded it in the first sentence sounded a little sarcastic, I did not mean it that way.

I don't get how this:

if it was like an explosion or something and the stickman was right next to the origin of the explosion, then he probably would be glowing. But with lights and stuff, he wouldn't

Could sound offensive to me or anybody else.