PDA

View Full Version : Effects tutorial in construction

olololno
04-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Seeing as how beginners like to try effects when they know almost nothing about them, I'm going to make this to help. It will look a lot like this, except better!

http://www.truploader.com/view/840415

I will do some examples and stuff, seeing as how the particle tutorial doesn't have any. This is here to request things to be included in the tutorial. If you request something, I will most likely include it in the tutorial. Don't request movements though, I don't feel like doing that >_>

The reason this isn't in the community projects section is because it is only flash, and it isn't a collab. I could just make a tutorial without asking what the people want. This is just me trying to be nice and putting things into it that users want, not what is easy for me.

this is Arch-Angel by the way. Yes, that one guy that is super kick ass at effects.
Edit 2: Explosion examples kind of: http://www.truploader.com/view/872896&lb=n
Edit: I'm defiantly doing fire. Here are some comments that I've gotten

wow those effects are amazing, the fire burning those guys OMFG

That quality was as an orgasmic volcano spewing white lava unto the land known as my keyboard.
Very nice, and pretty righteous.

I just like the fire effects.
Fukin love em'.

I've been fapping the last two hours but couldn't get it out.
Thanks for helping.

MaxZ
04-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Nice effects, what effects are you planning to cover?

Scorpioxxx
04-19-2009, 11:31 AM
I reckon we all need to make some tutorials based on our own styles, nice explanations so far though.

Plague
04-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Wow, you were so upset by my poor effect capabilities that you are making a tutorial. lol jk

If that was made by arch-angel, why does it say Damocles tutorial?
and I hope your tut wont just be better, I hope it will be astronomically better, because that was just 2 sentances.

Edit, oh, never mind, I just had to right-click->forward. As I could not see any buttons.

MaxZ
04-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Damocles=Arch-angel.

And no, he started this tut earlier.

Plague
04-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Damocles=Arch-angel.

And no, he started this tut earlier.

Kinda hard hard to tell it was by him because I haven't seen anything that links the 2 together. So thank you for clearing that up.

olololno
04-19-2009, 11:37 AM
People have been pissing me off for a while to make an effects tutorial, check the quotes that I added =/

I'm going to cover explosions, particles, fire, some scenery shit, etc.
Killdude, check the name change log if you don't believe them =/
Or ask almost anyone that knows me.

New anim going in first post to show how beast I am at some stuff >_>

Plague
04-19-2009, 11:44 AM
People have been pissing me off for a while to make an effects tutorial, check the quotes that I added =/

I'm going to cover explosions, particles, fire, some scenery shit, etc.
Killdude, check the name change log if you don't believe them =/
Or ask almost anyone that knows me.

New anim going in first post to show how beast I am at some stuff >_>

Dude, this happens every time we talk in the same thread.
Those qoutes weren't there when I first saw the thread.

Also, after my comment on the whole "my effects were so bad you made a tut" I put the following *ahem*: "lol jk" which means "*chuckle* Just Kidding".

I wasn't saying that it wasn't arch-angle, I just didn't realize that it was another one of his aliases.

olololno
04-19-2009, 11:47 AM
My account got banned when Jeremy did whatever, then he perma ban'd my other alt. Now this guy is here . . .

olololno
04-19-2009, 12:44 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/394198
That's what going in it. Seeing as how no one wants to make suggestions :3

doc
04-20-2009, 01:31 PM
O wait so you're damocles and arch-angel? Well, this is news to me. I just thought you were another noob :D

olololno
04-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Even when you thought I was 'another noob' I still gave better criticism than you. lol

MaxZ
04-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Maybe, when the names of the effects appear. You could make them appear in the said effect.

Miccool
04-21-2009, 03:44 AM
I think there was another arch angel that wasn't him. I don't remember.

But I like how you animated the menu. Nice work.

Shanto
04-21-2009, 05:13 AM
Do it.

Nice menu.

olololno
04-22-2009, 02:38 PM
I think there was another arch angel that wasn't him. I don't remember.

But I like how you animated the menu. Nice work.
Saline =]
He's cool. I wanted to be arch angel but that was his username for a while. He finally changed it.

Arch-Angel
04-25-2009, 10:42 AM
**** YEAH!
I finally got my account back :3

I'm going to continue working on this today. I'm still open for suggestions. If you want to make any, tell me know before time runs out.

godmouth
04-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Lightning or electricity would be pretty cool to have there.

shayphis
04-25-2009, 03:25 PM
That would have made it look really good.