PDA

View Full Version : On the second day <KD>

Kieran.
04-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Well, second day of line tool animating. Second day of a week of animating overall. I decided to celebrate with a test.
I kind of rushed this, and I'm not that happy with it, but hey!

C&C would be highly appreciated.

http://www.truploader.com/view/803065

Mr. Pinkus
04-19-2009, 02:37 PM
His arms should've flailed a little bit more when he kicked, especially when hes going into it.

The roll needed both a going into transition and coming out of (instead of seemingly instantly curled up in a ball roll)

Try and add an extra few frames on all the movements and some more inbetween each. The whole thing moves a little too fast.

Keep it up.

Kieran.
04-19-2009, 02:41 PM
His arms should've flailed a little bit more when he kicked, especially when hes going into it.

The roll needed both a going into transition and coming out of (instead of seemingly instantly curled up in a ball roll)

Try and add an extra few frames on all the movements and some more inbetween each. The whole thing moves a little too fast.

Keep it up.

why thank you for the comments.
I also thank you for saying "keep it up", many people just give crit (good admittedly) around here, but putting that at the end always makes a difference, so thank you in 2 ways!

Plague
04-20-2009, 08:22 AM
The only thing I have to say that hasn't been said already is:
the roll, he curled up into a ball that was too small, it should have been bigger because there is no way he could have rolled into a ball that tight.
Also, make the roll longer and in the other direction, you made him go forward and then roll backwards.

doc
04-20-2009, 01:08 PM
The leg lift right before the punch was a little weird, maybe unneccessary. Everything else has been taken. You're getting a lot better though, stick with line.

Kieran.
04-20-2009, 01:15 PM
The only thing I have to say that hasn't been said already is:
the roll, he curled up into a ball that was too small, it should have been bigger because there is no way he could have rolled into a ball that tight.
Also, make the roll longer and in the other direction, you made him go forward and then roll backwards.

yea, I kinda got the idea from one of godmouth's animations, but it didn't turn out that good..

The leg lift right before the punch was a little weird, maybe unnecessary. Everything else has been taken. You're getting a lot better though, stick with line.

Yea, I was lifting the legs to do something else, but it mucked up, so I turned it ito a punch. And I can assure you I'll stick with line.

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS (both of you!)

dawG
04-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh god that was wierd.
Do something about your movements, easing and wobblyness..

Kieran.
04-20-2009, 01:39 PM
wobbliness, it was with the line tool?

nevertheless, I noticed it too, and I'm trying to improve upon it.

Thanks for the comment!

dawG
04-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Maybe not wobblyness, but he is shaking like a epileptic dude.

Kieran.
04-20-2009, 02:58 PM
lol, maybe a slight exaggeration?

But thanks, I'll get working on that!