PDA

View Full Version : AC's animations, Flash Preview, Inter?

acrookednose
04-21-2009, 05:03 PM
No Idea how to edit Post title, I now realize I'm not inter here.

'Flash' Preview
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2121/flashpreviewn.gif

Onion skin arm trailing
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2223/movementtest.gif

___________Newest_____________________________Favo rite____________
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7243/xmptstyleexplosion.gif__http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9589/handl.gif

olololno
04-21-2009, 05:07 PM
No where near intermediate.

acrookednose
04-21-2009, 05:12 PM
No where near intermediate.

Really? Because on darkdemon I'm borders.

acrookednose
04-21-2009, 05:13 PM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6958/previewofwaterjumper.gif
Update! Water Jumper

olololno
04-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Still, no where near inter.

acrookednose
04-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Still, no where near inter.

This is your personal unhelpful opinion. I have been ranked border on:

Darkdemon,

Droidz,

Youtube,

and Pivot Vertex
__________________________________________________ ______
So, one person who leaves one sentence remarks is not someone who I'm going to
determine how close to Intermediate I am. Especially if that one person, is Illiterate and

can't spell nowhere. If you feel the need to post "No where near inter" on my thread

again,I will personally block your user ID.

So, feel free to do so again, and see what I do.

N T
04-21-2009, 08:39 PM
no where near inter :) that's 2 ppl. you're maybe high beginner but not intermediate

acrookednose
04-21-2009, 08:42 PM
no where near inter :) that's 2 ppl. you're maybe high beginner but not intermediate

High Beginner is only 2 ranks from inter. It's near. The way he put it was like I was low-med beginner.

Omega
04-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Well, I thought that the black stickfigure's walk in the first animation was badly done. The walk was terrible and the last step was placed strangely.
There seems to be a lack of overall fluidity in all of your animations; the movements just don't 'work' together. They're moderately smooth, I guess. For example, the hand animation was alright, although stiff. And the explosion was much too plain and obviously easy to make.

I mean, you may think that movements and things like that are very important, and ranks as well, but I believe the important thing is whether or not the animation looks good.

Keep practicing. You're not intermediate, I know that. Your main problem is that your movements are terribly stiff. Honestly, there's no evident fluidity to anything.

Stormwalker
04-21-2009, 10:33 PM
High Beginner is only 2 ranks from inter. It's near. The way he put it was like I was low-med beginner.

Stop putting peoples post out of context , seriously high beginner is not near Intermediate , actually its one of the highest leaps in animation. It is not intermediate , at first I thought its not bad but there wasn't enough movement , as soon as you posted the default stick animation it all cleared up , you are a bare high beginner , you can ease small amount but when it comes to movements it just gets bad. You still need to work on stuff , Dark demon rarely will give you the right rank because they have beginners rating beginners. Now start accepting other people opinions , especially if they are better at animating >.>

poppetje3D
04-22-2009, 06:42 AM
<b>
This is your personal unhelpful opinion. I have been ranked border on:</b><b>

Darkdemon,
Droidz,
Youtube,
and Pivot Vertex____________________________________________ ____________
So, one person who leaves one sentence remarks is not someone who I'm going to determine how close to Intermediate I am. Especially if that one person, is Illiterate and

can't spell nowhere. If you feel the need to post "No where near inter" on my thread

again,I will personally block your user ID.

So, feel free to do so again, and see what I do.
Darkdemon is Ranking 2 easy , here on stickpage its hard to be internz.
Droidz is the same story.
Youtube is full of a bunch of noobs who think ur awesome , i bet most people say ur the best animator they ever seen -.-
pivot vertex is a site i never heared from.

And 2nd of all Rank a Bs basically Just animate 4 fun :-)

3rd of all , we don't care if u block our id cuzz we don't know u.

4th of all your high beginner for me.

End Of Story :D

zawmbee
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
srry nut uinetermedi\tw but keeeeeeeep trin'

Chimaera
04-22-2009, 10:28 AM
That's not borderline.

It's Med-High Beginner.

Borderline isn't a real rank, and is normally what the Beginners on DD say when they are posting in your thread to get Courtesy.

Also, didn't we kinda abolish rankings?

Stormwalker
04-22-2009, 10:34 AM

Meh, we tried , but its impossible.

zawmbee
04-22-2009, 10:54 AM
That's not borderline.

It's Med-High Beginner.

Borderline isn't a real rank, and is normally what the Beginners on DD say when they are posting in your thread to get Courtesy.

Nah, fags seek refuge here from DD - the land of ranking.

Jontiways
04-22-2009, 12:52 PM
listen, get over the low interz or begginers or stuffs or whatever. From what I got when i joined, all i knew that it wasnt 'rank' or as i like to put it' tier' based, except for the begginers post here idea which is good since you dont get it clogged with noobs. I diddnt bother with dd or any of the other since i knew i would get the same sorta stuff i get on here, however on here there rank system isnt, in your face. get over the illusion of tiers and get down and listen to the constructive crit.

Basicly i like your stuff, but if you want to get better, your gunna neeeeed loads more movement, the guy barly steps in your first one and his reaction to the blast doesnt look right, Id like to see some orginality from you, not just explosions or some guy shooting some other guy, think of sometihng new, something that nobody has done, its aniamtion, let your mind wonder.
think its only about stickmen?

oh and last but certainly now least

'tiers R 4 queers'

Automaton
04-22-2009, 02:43 PM
not even high beginner.

olololno
04-22-2009, 04:00 PM
I think he left because he isn't good ha ha.
30 people on darkdemon voted my escape from hell animation as veteran. Doesn't mean I am.

Get better first.

Omega
04-22-2009, 04:12 PM
30 people on darkdemon voted my escape from hell animation as veteran. Doesn't mean I am.

Get better first.

Offtopic, who is this?

Scarecrow
04-22-2009, 04:34 PM
That is Demi

AC, you have some decent effects, but you obviously have not yet got the basics down yet. Work on basic movements like running, jumping, walking, etc.

You are definitely not close to intermediate; just because the morons on youtube think you are good, doesn't mean you are.

acrookednose
04-22-2009, 04:42 PM

Get better first.

I didn't leave, I go to many sites, but I have been ranked border and high beginner, but you made it sound like I was low beginner, so I became angry. I don't get along with you, that's it, get over it.

Scarecrow
04-22-2009, 04:48 PM
just because the other places you go to are nicer with rankings then us doesn't mean you aren't still a beginner.

doc
04-22-2009, 04:55 PM
I didn't leave, I go to many sites, but I have been ranked border and high beginner, but you made it sound like I was low beginner, so I became angry. I don't get along with you, that's it, get over it.

Welcome to SPP! Ratings are hard here.
And you are starting to sound way too stuck up. And because of that, I'm definitely not giving any CC, besides saying that your effects are even worse than mine, and I've only ever done... one? Or maybe two.
But take my advice and lose the pride and listen to everyone here.

acrookednose
04-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Welcome to SPP! Ratings are hard here.
And you are starting to sound way too stuck up. And because of that, I'm definitely not giving any CC, besides saying that your effects are even worse than mine, and I've only ever done... one? Or maybe two.
But take my advice and lose the pride and listen to everyone here.

I'm not stuck up, I have no pride, I am listening to people, this one person is just plain rude to me. I didn't mean to be stuck up, I'm well aware that i'm only high beginner/borderline. He didn't give me any decent CC just plainly stated that I wasn't even close to inter, Until today I thought that High Beginner was close. I like comments that are helpful and let me get better not rude one's. So I see why you didn't give me CC, and I apologize. Your effects may be better, but I do effects because it's harder to animate than a stick, and it is definitely more fun. So, I'm going to stop ranting now, and hope that people stop saying i'm not inter, I understand that. When I posted the thread I thought rankings were lower than DD so I asked if I was inter. I'm changing it now. Sorry for any inconveniences,

-AC

acrookednose
04-22-2009, 06:59 PM

Test of onion-skin trailing.

olololno
04-22-2009, 08:20 PM
lol. You're rejecting the criticism from one of the best pivoters that's still here.
Oh no! I'm rude XD You're med beginner. If you wanted to get better, you would go by the lowest rank and work from that, rather than pretending that it's a game to see how high you can get.

Get a clue. No CC from me =]
Have fun having your animations called intermediate and veteran by morons who cannot find the Next Frame button.

Jontiways
04-23-2009, 11:29 AM

Test of onion-skin trailing.

What the F*ck?

that is just really really weird and it doesnt look right-
your gravity/ physics are off, the guy just floats
what is wrong with his arms, its a spazm.
the legs are smooth i can give you that.

come up with something else that looks right this doesnt.

try practicing a walking cycle.

MaxZ
04-23-2009, 11:38 AM
It was an onion skin trailing test, why the **** does it have to make sense?

Omega
04-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Well, I thought that the black stickfigure's walk in the first animation was badly done. The walk was terrible and the last step was placed strangely.
There seems to be a lack of overall fluidity in all of your animations; the movements just don't 'work' together. They're moderately smooth, I guess. For example, the hand animation was alright, although stiff. And the explosion was much too plain and obviously easy to make.

I mean, you may think that movements and things like that are very important, and ranks as well, but I believe the important thing is whether or not the animation looks good.

Keep practicing. You're not intermediate, I know that. Your main problem is that your movements are terribly stiff. Honestly, there's no evident fluidity to anything.

. . .

Cronos
04-23-2009, 08:27 PM
ok guys... visit FluidAnims (google it) they make everyones animations look shit. Xiao xiao was boring after watching some of theirs.

Ragnarus
04-25-2009, 08:42 AM
I liked it. A short but high-quality cartoons, but not long and bad. It is your slogan.