megaanims
04-23-2009, 04:23 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/se3mok.gif

Cronos
04-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Pretty good. Its nice and fluid. For blood try going to www . droidz . org

TheCreator
04-23-2009, 08:31 PM
There you go! You took my advice, i feel so loved >:) this one is way coolio, although, that must be superman's sword, cuz that blood when flyin XD

megaanims
04-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Pretty good. Its nice and fluid. For blood try going to www . droidz . org
those are for noobs you have to make your own blood

poppetje3D
04-24-2009, 04:37 AM
Start making longer animations.

Lemon
04-24-2009, 10:58 AM
The animation was decent. The blood was nothing at all.

zawmbee
04-24-2009, 12:48 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/se3mok.gif
Stop coming out of beginner threads with shitty tests.

Firstly, that step was utterly pathetic, it was stiff and the left leg was so choppy, he didn't seem to go very far with that little hop but he landed quite odly for the power applied for the leap. Ok, the right guy was just shit - his movements were terrible and you obviously didn't try very hard animating him. The fall was OK, but it needed a few more frames, the fall was pretty stiff. And for **** sake you do not have to obey foot placement like that, if you fall your feet slide. The way he fell wasn't very good, it made no sense why his feet stuck to the floor; this goes for both feet, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND for that reaction, it was just awful, did you actually try on that? It was just bad...No bounce, no power and no easing/gravity applied.

I laughed so hard that you were focusing on the blood, it was pretty bad. Not enough flood strings nor particles and they vanished too fast. It also came out too fast.

Yes, beginner threads. And stop coming out. Pfft.

Lixu
04-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Stop coming out of beginner threads with shitty tests.

Firstly, that step was utterly pathetic, it was stiff and the left leg was so choppy, he didn't seem to go very far with that little hop but he landed quite odly for the power applied for the leap. Ok, the right guy was just shit - his movements were terrible and you obviously didn't try very hard animating him. The fall was OK, but it needed a few more frames, the fall was pretty stiff. And for **** sake you do not have to obey foot placement like that, if you fall your feet slide. The way he fell wasn't very good, it made no sense why his feet stuck to the floor; this goes for both feet, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND for that reaction, it was just awful, did you actually try on that? It was just bad...No bounce, no power and no easing/gravity applied.

I laughed so hard that you were focusing on the blood, it was pretty bad. Not enough flood strings nor particles and they vanished too fast. It also came out too fast.

Yes, beginner threads. And stop coming out. Pfft.
That's the best list of critics I have ever seen on SPP. Apart from my own gigantic post in a TLTFT collab thread.

zawmbee
04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
That's the best list of critics I have ever seen on SPP. Apart from my own gigantic post in a TLTFT collab thread.
Thank you. Thank you very much.

Omega
04-24-2009, 03:56 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

zawmbee
04-24-2009, 04:04 PM
It's the best non copied and pasted.

Omega
04-24-2009, 04:05 PM
It's the best non copied and pasted.

NO LOOK THROUGH ALL 2000 SOMETHING OF MY POSTS AND YOULL FIND SOMETHING BETTER THAN THAT

holy shit

Zed
04-24-2009, 04:19 PM
NO LOOK THROUGH ALL 2000 SOMETHING OF MY POSTS AND YOULL FIND SOMETHING BETTER THAN THAT

holy shit

Ok.

All were good except for the limb rip. It sucked in my opinion.
All movements were smooth.
Very good overeasing.
Excellent use of the whole floppy arm kind of genre.
Effects like blood were alright; they fit the style although gravity is off for several parts of it.
Lots of force; which is also good.

Great job man.

This is, I think, the best out of the last 500 (I'll have to change my settings to see the rest). It's very good, certainly, and there are many more of near equal quality. For consistency in reviews you beat zawmbee because almost all of yours are good. There's also the fact that you try to avoid insulting people, which can go either way depending on your point of view. Some people think that noobs need to learn some humility and they may be right.

The reason that I think zawmbee's was better is that it explained what could be done to improve (more frames, feet slide on fall) wheras yours just describes the animation. It's possible that you had some better reviews in the previous 2000 that I haven't seen yet, so I will update you when I've had a look.

Omega
04-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Ok.

This is, I think, the best out of the last 500 (I'll have to change my settings to see the rest). It's very good, certainly, and there are many more of near equal quality. For consistency in reviews you beat zawmbee because almost all of yours are good. There's also the fact that you try to avoid insulting people, which can go either way depending on your point of view. Some people think that noobs need to learn some humility and they may be right.

The reason that I think zawmbee's was better is that it explained what could be done to improve (more frames, feet slide on fall) wheras yours just describes the animation. It's possible that you had some better reviews in the previous 2000 that I haven't seen yet, so I will update you when I've had a look.

.... it was a joke. Zawmbee is my bro

But if you want to go ahead with all your free time, be my guest.

Zed
04-24-2009, 04:24 PM
I do. Reviewing reviews is surprisingly fun. I'll feel at the top of the food chain until someone comes along and reviews the way I reviewed the reviews.

Vorpal
04-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Ok.

Yes however the reasons he explained are painfully obvious, you must have more faith in beginners knowing peoples feet can slide and people fall when there is gravity. It is blatantly clear, I am not saying that his review is lacking, because it isn't. But more as to say it is not the best criticism. For the fact that it was nether good nor bad of a review, with hypocrisy in it because in my thread alone he stated" realism is for faggots" As I said his review was nether good nor bad it was simply "zombpiv" Posting once again, he has a few thousand perhaps you should look around for more of his posts. I have seen him criticize far greater than that.

The animation was well eased and that is about it, the backs did not move enough for my eyes to register it as not stiff. And even the easing had weird looks to it, remember that how it looks in pivot is not how it will look in gif. Also I recollect that blood should fly in the opposite direction of the slash due to momentum-->Impact-->energy transfer, it is simply the law of inertia. It was also odd how this law has not been included in the animation period. Perhaps you should practice more on physics before you do anything else? Although some sorts of realism are annoying, that is seemingly the only thing your animation needs to improve. As zawmbee said the little skip was cute but horribly weak. It didn't look good in the long run, when you go down your leg does not pull you down gravity does.
and another situation were the easing looked weird. Just practice basics your rushing to much, most people can not do blood until there veteran, what makes you any different? It is really difficult to do I recommend looking up a ridiculous amount of blood tutorials before attempting again. Also put in more effort it was just two lines dissipating, how platitudinous can you get? The last time I checked the head bleeds more than that when it gets removed from the torso, although yes I myself have said there just stick men they can not really bleed, they were created for what you wanted them to be. So by wanting it to be a man, it should bleed like one shouldn't it? The arm movements were only well done on the one on the left and even then not done great. The arms on the one in the right didn't move in patterns that appeal to my eyes please fix that. For instance when his arm hit the ground it freaked out, and over all was just bazaar. Another thing is that there were not any screen effects although there bonuses believe it or not they help cover up simple movement mistakes well. Along with odd easing the spacing was right there with it, Although many animators will find that statement causing them to want to drown a puppy I do not. I believe spacing to be the over all length of movement from point a to point b as to were easing is the control of spacing. So the length it's self was weird as well, because I know if I swung a sword I would move farther than that. As well as the guy whom needed to slide more. I guess you think feet sliding is evil or something, I found you posting on one of my own animations asking why the foot slid. To be quite frank it is because his force pushed his leg across the floor.

Other than that I can't find anything else, I recommend Practicing basics a little more to perfect a style before moving on to bigger things. Just take it slow blood is not necessary for almost any animations. Also don't listen to them your animations are good enough to escape the beginners thread because non like most insipid beginners you actually make progress.

Also zompiv is my homie. <3 @tha zawmbarz

zawmbee
04-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Abyssal is God at making me go "woah" :D
<3 Omega.

Vorpal
04-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Abyssal is God at making me go "woah" :D
<3 Omega.

Just for you bro.