PDA

View Full Version : Up up and away!

TheCreator
04-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah, i watched a movement tut, i know he resizes, C&C please!
Up up and away! (http://www.truploader.com/view/931523)

MaxZ
04-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Needs more particles, the stick was way too small.

Kieran.
04-26-2009, 11:09 AM
to small, ubber resizeing.

the running was bad, the easing/gravity was appaling, the effects were appalling.

Please spend more time on your animations.

TheCreator
04-26-2009, 11:24 AM
that accually took me like 45 minutes :(

MaxZ
04-26-2009, 11:26 AM
45 minutes is extremely short. Make something in 2 days.

Tawnik
04-26-2009, 11:39 AM
This is what I love about animating, I really do like this type of animations =D
A lot of nostalgia =)

well, to give you constructive critism,
Everything you have to do is just practice, its not so hard to learn how to animate, follow these few ideas and you'll do that =)
1. Animate geometry, a ball, a box, a triangle, whatever, move it from the left side to the right one, deform it and let it jump around, learn stuff about easing and anticipation (google it or watch tutorials), feel free to send me Pms with your tests, I can give your critism, if you think you're good enough move to step 2 !

2. Draw one box being in the middle of the screen, you dont have to do detailed Bgs, because at this time its just pointless.Now, animate another box coming from one side and hitting the standing box, learn how to do reactions and physics, or animate a box falling down, bouncing (on corners maybe) try out timing (google it) spacing (..) physics, weight, etc etc

3. One you're good at animating geometry you can do everything, great animators use circle-method when animating fullbody, why ? It's so easy to do, it's quick and it WORKS.So, now you have the basics done and you can go and animate some real action.First of all animate just one stickman, you dont really have to animate his arms, but be sure to animate the head, body and legs at the same time, I just find this really awesome.You can always go back and add the arms, then continue without it and the add it, you know, arms are bitch =D (Ssj told me once) and animate that guy running, walking, fighting, punching, kicking.
Focus on
- resizing
- smoothness
- fluidness is really important !!! because thats what people see the most, the movements should be fluid, it should be like one big movement, connect with easing, another awesome thing =)

4. Timing, spacing, anticipation, movements, once you have this down, you can do a fight, fighting is about reactions, you cant animate good reactions without having basics down, so, please, if you'll follow my words of advice, you will be able to do awesome fighting.There's really nothing special I can tell you about step 4 (Haha, now it seems like I've prepared this, but I haven't, =D) just think of the previous steps and it will come.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say..

TheCreator
04-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks tawny, you rock :) Im copying that to word, XD

BluGil
04-26-2009, 01:19 PM
I laughed.

1. The resizing made me go wtf?
2. The movements are more sporadic than minesweeper
3. Use onion skin. Use it well.
4. Why the hell does everyone take so long doing stuff? If im just animating a stick i can animate like 30 frames in 10 minutes. Decent ones.

Tawnik
04-26-2009, 01:26 PM
If im just animating a stick i can animate like 30 frames in 10 minutes. Decent ones.

I laughed =D

Upps
04-26-2009, 02:20 PM
4. Why the hell does everyone take so long doing stuff? If im just animating a stick i can animate like 30 frames in 10 minutes. Decent ones.

You don't know the secret? How we animate for so long? and Why you animate for only 10 minutes?

@animation: well twanik kind of said everyting about how to improve so...Just practice and be patient.

TheCreator
04-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah, Tawn is helping me, he is pming me step by step how to improve my flash skillz

jimmydigg
04-26-2009, 04:58 PM
the fire looks like a solid object.