PDA

View Full Version : Speedanimation: Over-anticipated punch

Tidus
05-02-2009, 02:07 PM
This is my first ever speedanimation, as well as my first ever line tool animation.

Time taken: 14 mins (10 mins of animating, 4 of cleaning)
Frames: 30
FPS: 18

http://www.truploader.com/view/768039

MaxZ
05-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Is it supposed to lagg? It keeps stopping mid-jump.

Tidus
05-02-2009, 02:13 PM
No, not at all. I think the sound quality is too high, but that would mean your PC is crap. Ha :0.
I didn't think I'd need a preloader for such a small animation?

MaxZ
05-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Hm, my computer sure is crap.

Tawnik
05-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Awesome timing there, great animation, I like you =D

alcaknight
05-02-2009, 03:54 PM
The legs need to be more in comparison with the body. So enlarge the legs.

Lixu
05-03-2009, 06:42 AM
Errr.... Where is the overused anticipation? Also, how in god's name can you clean a STICK. Lmao.
Also, legs wobble like a rocking chair, and it looks like the stick is falling apart, most likely because you didnt have the snap fuction turned on.

TheCreator
05-03-2009, 02:00 PM
there should be a sound for his second foot hitting the floor. resizing i think, i cant tell cuz of the ragdollness.

M3D
05-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow that looks nice. I like the style there. Your good if thats a speedmation =]
I'll be watching you bud

edit:
i like the easing, style and the anticipation. You can do something good with that.

Tawnik
05-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Errr.... Where is the overused anticipation?

Dont tell me you dont feel it =)

Lixu
05-03-2009, 02:22 PM
...I don't honestly. He just swings his arm backwards, but he aint building up any power for me. Also his knee's bend but the body doesn't go down, never knew i'd ever say this but:

Learn the anatomy of a stickfigure.

Tawnik
05-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Here's the anticipation of this animation
1.Arm goes back
2.Body bending, body goes back
3.Head goes back, just a lil bit
4.Arm goes forward great easing there
5.Body goes farward, easing
6.Head goes forward, massive easing (+ the squash effect was good)
7.Leg follow the body

That's it, I really feel the weight of the body, I feel the swing of the arm, well done I say !

Lixu
05-05-2009, 02:36 AM
I don't feel anything building up. I guess because of the intense shit anatomy.

Tawnik
05-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Well the anatomy is wrong, but it doesnt ruin the feel for me =)

Tidus
05-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Lixu, if that's all you can say, then shut up. Obviously it wasn't too good. And obviously I've got no experience with the line tool. Also, it wasn't overused anticipation. The punch had a very far range made in one frame, which would be a great impact, for that greatly anticipated.
By the way, thank you Tawnik :3.
And thanks to the others too ;D.

Edit: By cleaning I meant making it less wobbly, make the stick resize less and time the SFX right, while still keeping it under 15 mins.

Lixu
05-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Aww, did I hurt your feelings AGAIN by criticizing your animations? Dear god get a life ;_;

Bonk
05-07-2009, 06:11 AM
What is this new craze of "speed-animating", where you spend little effort on an animation and then brag about how little time you put into it? Is it supposed to make you look skillful if you make something good in a short amount of time? It's like a burger at a fast food place; I don't care if you made it in 4 seconds, that shouldn't be your selling point. Just give me a good burger.

This "speed-animating" crap undermines all the determination and persistence ideals in aspiring animators.

I mean, I thought that was good, but because you had to tell everyone three times (title, post, actual animation text) how little time you spent on it I feel like you want me to appreciate that. If you said you spent an hour on that, or just omitted the time factor all together I would respect you a lot more.

Also, don't point out your own flaws. If you are able to do that then something has gone wrong in the editing process.

poppetje3D
05-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Now that a good comment!
*respects bonk*
I totally agree with the burger part .

Tidus
05-07-2009, 07:55 AM
What is this new craze of "speed-animating", where you spend little effort on an animation and then brag about how little time you put into it? Is it supposed to make you look skillful if you make something good in a short amount of time? It's like a burger at a fast food place; I don't care if you made it in 4 seconds, that shouldn't be your selling point. Just give me a good burger.

This "speed-animating" crap undermines all the determination and persistence ideals in aspiring animators.

I mean, I thought that was good, but because you had to tell everyone three times (title, post, actual animation text) how little time you spent on it I feel like you want me to appreciate that. If you said you spent an hour on that, or just omitted the time factor all together I would respect you a lot more.

Also, don't point out your own flaws. If you are able to do that then something has gone wrong in the editing process.
True, true. I didn't really do it on purpose, I just follow the fad, I guess. But I never take a lot of time to make animations, plus it's a funny little challenge to do.

And when I point out my flaws, it means I was too lazy to edit it, or I wasn't able to get the flaw right. Like: I see an arm isn't animated right, but I can't seem to make it right, so I just do a last attempt and let it be. I don't like putting alot of times in such a small animation.