PDA

View Full Version : Window crash

godmouth
05-03-2009, 12:17 PM
http://godmouth.deviantart.com/art/Glass-shatter-121320126

alcaknight
05-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Nice, but like you said, the glass was kinda boring. I was expecting something more.

MaxZ
05-03-2009, 12:45 PM
The hat disappeared.

poppetje3D
05-03-2009, 12:56 PM
It wasn't a hat that was his arm.
More glass particles?

Aycaramba
05-03-2009, 01:08 PM
The physics were awesome :D

MaxZ
05-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh, I see. Nvm then.

Raffi
05-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Am I the only one who read the title as "Windows Crash"?

Anyway, the glass kind of sucked, it just shot across the screen, and one pieve flew to one side then suddenly stopped, as if it was suddenly grabbed by an imvisible hand.

EVerything else was good though.

Omega
05-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Smooth animation overall.
Not very fluid; joints were rather stiff, actually.
Easing was moderate-high; which is good. I see that you double framed.
The movements are not good at all. The jumping figure should have kicked with his other leg, and the kick also needed much more anticipation. As for the other figure, his movements are fine, especially the bouncing of his body. If I were you, I would have added one more bounce.
The physics are not very good either. If the stickfigure kicked through the window, then his entire body should have moved to the left more, because the kick should have propelled his body in the opposite direction a bit. Instead, you just animated him kicking and then falling straight down with no leftward movement.
Also, glass does not act like that. If one part in glass is broken, all the glass in the window breaks into pieces and falls, not just the middle part where he kicked. The physics of the pieces are alright, although I would have added more bounces to them, just for more aesthetic appeal.

Lastly, the overall movements that you use are very awkward. You need develop a style of movements that are either realistic, not realistic at all (such as ragdoll) or movements that are between realistic and not realistic at all. If you look at some of Terkoiz's new animations, they combine aspects of both realism and also a few ragdollish type of movements. What I mean is that you should definitely make movements more complex and interesting, but physics and gravity and real life things should also be included in the animation. Your movements are just awkward and strange; they're not even on the line between realistic and not realistic.

You're a good animator. Just make sure your movements are normal.

Miccool
05-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Ya.. A lot more glass shards.. lol

Omega
05-03-2009, 01:50 PM
im just staring at ur sig miccool

Plague
05-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Am I the only one who read the title as "Windows Crash"?

Yes, yes you are.

It is hard to tell it is actually a glass window, try to add a perspective view on the walls.

Raffi
05-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm going blind D:

I'll have to get glasses soon.

Miccool
05-03-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm going blind D:

I'll have to get glasses soon.

No, I thought it was windows too ;-;..

Raffi
05-03-2009, 11:03 PM
killdude was wrong then :D

Ssjbryando
05-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Smooth animation overall.
Not very fluid; joints were rather stiff, actually.
Easing was moderate-high; which is good. I see that you double framed.
The movements are not good at all. The jumping figure should have kicked with his other leg, and the kick also needed much more anticipation. As for the other figure, his movements are fine, especially the bouncing of his body. If I were you, I would have added one more bounce.
The physics are not very good either. If the stickfigure kicked through the window, then his entire body should have moved to the left more, because the kick should have propelled his body in the opposite direction a bit. Instead, you just animated him kicking and then falling straight down with no leftward movement.
Also, glass does not act like that. If one part in glass is broken, all the glass in the window breaks into pieces and falls, not just the middle part where he kicked. The physics of the pieces are alright, although I would have added more bounces to them, just for more aesthetic appeal.

Lastly, the overall movements that you use are very awkward. You need develop a style of movements that are either realistic, not realistic at all (such as ragdoll) or movements that are between realistic and not realistic at all. If you look at some of Terkoiz's new animations, they combine aspects of both realism and also a few ragdollish type of movements. What I mean is that you should definitely make movements more complex and interesting, but physics and gravity and real life things should also be included in the animation. Your movements are just awkward and strange; they're not even on the line between realistic and not realistic.

You're a good animator. Just make sure your movements are normal.

This this this thsi tshi this thsi thsi.

:D I agree 100% About the akwards movements. Said the same on B.S.E.

Overall Idk, I like. Short but yea.

Plague
05-04-2009, 04:46 AM
killdude was wrong then :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/555555/blast.jpg

WHAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!
That's NEVER happened before,...

more than 3,984,736,373,345.0000145 times in a row.
Damn, guess I have to go tell my uncle jerry that I actually did break his record.