PDA

View Full Version : Hosting animations (Rant)

SoulEater
03-25-2008, 03:32 PM
One thing that I'm getting sick and tired of seeing is every new member posting their animations in the Flash Portal instead of just uploading at a flash upload site and posting it here. Each new member that has to ****ing take the time to upload in the Flash Portal, instead of a place as simple as swfup.com and making their own thread in the Flash section. We have to go all the way to the flash portal, wait for it to load to another page which the animation is actually shown, and then to see five frames of animation in a shitty loop.
Why don't the new members make a thread in the Flash section instead? How do they not see that there is a ****ing section in the forum itself that you can post animations in, and people who can help you get better can have access to it right away. If I see an animation thread which is actually posted in the Flash Portal, I don't even go and see it. I don't want to wait all that time for something that always sucks. Whats so hard about uploading an animation in swfup.com or some other place?[/rant]

Spitzer
03-25-2008, 03:55 PM
One thing that I'm getting sick and tired of seeing is every new member posting their animations in the Flash Portal instead of just uploading at a flash upload site and posting it here. Each new member that has to ****ing take the time to upload in the Flash Portal, instead of a place as simple as swfup.com and making their own thread in the Flash section. We have to go all the way to the flash portal, wait for it to load to another page which the animation is actually shown, and then to see five frames of animation in a shitty loop.
Why don't the new members make a thread in the Flash section instead? How do they not see that there is a ****ing section in the forum itself that you can post animations in, and people who can help you get better can have access to it right away. If I see an animation thread which is actually posted in the Flash Portal, I don't even go and see it. I don't want to wait all that time for something that always sucks. Whats so hard about uploading an animation in swfup.com or some other place?[/rant]
Pretty lame rant but,

1. They don't know any better considering they're
new members

2. I only found out about flash hosts a few months into my animation "career", and I'm pretty sure it was the same for you too.

3. Also, when I started, flash portals were AWESOME. It was like a big thing to vote and watch JC's animations and rank to the top, for some reason it was just facinating.

-if you haven't noticed, they DO stop after awhile.

4. It's people like you who turn animating and competing in the flash portal into a lame thing, turning animation in to less of a fun task.

5. Wrong Section

Ssjbryando
03-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Meh spitzer said it before me. He is right tho, there new and they see a portal. but There are some foolish ones, who don't look around in treads. But I know when I was just starting, I made a total crap animation. But because I made it, I thought it was freaking epic.

So I would probably post it to, To see what others think, since if your new, you are proud of the most ''We think'' Crappy works. But they think its great. Since were better we think its crap. Yeah I said that 4 times but w/e.

SoulEater
03-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Pretty lame rant but,

1. They don't know any better
Yeah, you're right about that. I shouldn't be expecting them to know about image hosting right away, but the admins should make something like having 50 posts or so to host in the Flash Portal.

2. I only found out about flash hosts a few months into my animation "career", and I'm pretty sure it was the same for you too. It wasn't. When I started animation, it was pivot. I learned about hosting sites with that, and when I got Flash, I posted in it's beginner's section. Honestly, I haven't hosted anything in the Flash Portal. (Besides Raffmania, but I never made that.)

3. Also, when I started, flash portals were AWESOME. It was like a big thing to vote and watch JC's animations and rank to the top, for some reason it was just facinating. I understand. It just get's hard when everybody does it and at the same time, they're shit.

-if you haven't noticed, they DO stop after awhile. I've seen many members post ten quick, shitty animations there in a day. I guess they do stop eventually though.

4. It's people like you who turn animating and competing in the flash portal into a lame thing, turning animation in to less of a fun task. Whats so bad about posting in the Flash section? And for competing, theres competitions everywhere.

5. Wrong Section Where will I put this? The main section?

Bleh. As I said before, people should have to have 50 posts to host in the main section. It gives people time to get better, and will lower the numbers of people who host.

Edit: Partly true, SSJ. I just think animators should have a bit of experiance before they host in the Flash Portal.

Spitzer
03-25-2008, 04:45 PM
1. Why the **** would you need to have 50 posts? Why does having a post count lower than 50 bother you when they host? It's nto important at all.

2. You counterracted everything you said before in above post proving I win.

Lock this.

Oh btw - i used to host stuff on the portal here waay before i started posting. Noone gave a ****.

LakE
03-25-2008, 04:54 PM
I do agree with you, Souleater.
But, i started with posting my shitty animations in the portal. I never even bothered with the forums.
I guess common sense told me to check to forums for the right place.

My idea is, they have to be confirmed. Like, the animator uploads an animation to the portal and a mod/admin/etc. should have to confirm it, allowing it to be shown on the forum and what not.
This may be "More work" for the mods and stuff, but it'll stop the annoyance.

SoulEater
03-25-2008, 05:47 PM
*facepalm*

1. Why the **** would you need to have 50 posts? Why does having a post count lower than 50 bother you when they host? It's nto important at all. As I said before, having 50 posts gives the user time to practice animating, and hosting on the forums. So when they upload to the Flash portal, it's worth watching.

2. You counterracted everything you said before in above post proving I win. Uh, no. I didn't. I was merely agreeing with you, but still showing I did not agree with people hosting shitty animations in the Flash portal for the given reasons.

Lock this. Hmm, later.
Answers and replies in bold.

Oh btw - i used to host stuff on the portal here waay before i started posting. Noone gave a ****. Meh, that was last year.

Bodyinthelake, thats a good idea, but having 50 posts to be able to host in the Flash Portal would be easier and would work a bit more.