PDA

View Full Version : physics?

Haze
05-06-2009, 03:31 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/596262

I'm still a newb so bear with me. CC is appreciated.

BluGil
05-06-2009, 04:06 PM
the ball just stops, floats, and falls straight down. first of all, it falls too fast. second of all, it should be in a perfect arc. (should be symmetrical, with the peak of the ark being the axis of symmetry...)

Haze
05-06-2009, 05:21 PM
the ball just stops, floats, and falls straight down. first of all, it falls too fast. second of all, it should be in a perfect arc. (should be symmetrical, with the peak of the ark being the axis of symmetry...)

Yeah I know, but I couldn't get the arc right. I guess I'll use guidelines.

Arch-Angel
05-06-2009, 05:41 PM
If you need to do guides for a simple motion like that, then you must have no artistic view whatsoever when it comes to recognizing how realistic something is moving.

If you did not understand what I just said, you're probably younger that 12 years old.

Haze
05-06-2009, 05:58 PM
If you need to do guides for a simple motion like that, then you must have no artistic view whatsoever when it comes to recognizing how realistic something is moving.

If you did not understand what I just said, you're probably younger that 12 years old.

I'm actually 15.

But whether or not I should use guidelines depends on your response, which is why I bothered to post this. And you did not reply.

I'm not a terrible artist either. I'm just better with a pencil.

steel_cold
05-06-2009, 06:40 PM

Uh wow, way to not be a dick?

Plague
05-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Arch-Angel, I would have understood what you said at the age of 7.

Also, the reason he would possibly need guides is because he is new to flash.
When he didn't animate he probably didn't normally watch balls fall to the ground and imagine the arc. So he most likely never paid attention to what this motion should look like.

engima
05-06-2009, 07:52 PM
It looked like it landed more like a flat rock then a ball. It didn't look bouncy at all. Try using some easing along with actual bouncing.

2-D
05-06-2009, 09:22 PM
fell at the same speed instead of easing in and out of the decline.

Kieran.
05-07-2009, 02:42 AM
Don't use guide lines.

Your using onion skin right?

At 24 fps If the ball is going downwards it should reach the ground in 2 frames. Because of gravity yeh..

Work that out in yours?

doc
05-07-2009, 04:06 AM
As it goes down, it should speed up some. With this, it just stayed the same speed the whole time.

Haze
05-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Arch-Angel, I would have understood what you said at the age of 7.

Also, the reason he would possibly need guides is because he is new to flash.
When he didn't animate he probably didn't normally watch balls fall to the ground and imagine the arc. So he most likely never paid attention to what this motion should look like.

Guys I've had Flash for nearly two years now. I can do practically everything with it, but I never really worked on animating, mostly game programming. Now I'm starting.

I got some help from FA, so I guess this thread is useless now.

Tawnik
05-08-2009, 01:22 AM
http://www.truploader.com/view/434348

watch it frame by frame, it will help you, connect all the passing through positions and you should get nice curve, thats what work for animation, curves.

Arch-Angel
05-08-2009, 04:50 AM
And the only thing wrong with Tawniks is the fact that there is no shadow underneath of the ball, and that the shadow on the ball stays still =D

lol.

sasuke21
05-08-2009, 05:34 AM
Try to make it slow at first and then make it faster and faster as it goes down.