PDA

View Full Version : [Myself] Zombie Game WIP

Myself
05-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Okay, so lately I've been playing around with the idea of making a zombie survival game, and have decided I'm going to have a go at making it. This thread will have all the updates/playtest etc in it.

Feel free to suggest ideas and shit. If your idea is used in the game I'll put you in the credits.

NOTE
This is not going to be a simple running around shooting things game. It will involve strategy and planning ahead.

ALSO: DONT SUGGEST TANKS/AIRSTRIKES/CHOPPAS ETC, THERE WILL BE NONE OF THESE IN THE GAME, IF YOU DO I WILL IGNORE YOU

What I've got so far in terms of ideas;

Storyline(s);

- The main storyline so far is, you have woken up one day, and there are zombies everywhere. This is likely to change, suggest something.

- You are immune to the zombie disease. You can still die from blood loss etc. NPC's will not be immune to the zombie disease.

- The cirus is called H1Z1 (Ash)

Gameplay Features;

- Will be from an orthographic view, that is, looking down at a 45 degree angle. I've made it that way to that it will give the illusion of 3d.

- Will be in real time, meaning 1 minute irl = 1 minute in game

- (Probably) An inventory system.

- Hunger, Thurst stats. Eat to stop being hungry, drink to stop being thursty etc. There will also be a sleepness stat, but sleeping will not be in real time, waiting 8 hours would be ghay. Instead it will only take a few minutes.

- Because even a few minutes of sleep would interupt gameplay, I'm going to make it so that sleep is not essential, but not going with outsleep impairs you. Slower running, worse aiming etc.

- Also, not eating or drinking for a few days will kill you.

- Probably NPC's.

- Very large map. A whole town infact. Not a gigantic city though. Population around half a million.

- A barracading system;
--- Customizable barracades (Devour)

- (If I can do the AI) Small communities of NPC's who are not infected.

- (Maybe) Able to damage zombie limbs and/or shoot them off. (Devour)

Items, Weapons, etc;

Guns

- Jericho 941 (Vincent)
Benelli M4 Shotgun (Vincent)
(Maybe) FN PS90 (Vincent)

Explosives/Fire

- Molotovs, you'll need to make these yourself.

Melee

- Fire Axe

Equipment

- Riot shields (Flood)

Important NPC's;

- None yet.

Zombie Variations/Ideas

- Murdered zombies (Devour)
- Old Zombies (Devour)
- Teen Zombies (Devour)
- Child Zombies (Devour)

Also, this game will take a very long time to make. Be patent.

Get suggesting, I need ideas.

Vincent
05-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Weapon suggestions, taken from real life.

Jericho 941 (http://users.telenet.be/leo.gijselings/wapen/jericho_941f.jpg) (Something like a weaker version of the Desert Eagle)
Benelli M4 Shotgun (http://www.survivingtwilight.com/images/Guns/M4_ENTRY.JPG)
FN PS90 (http://www.survivingtwilight.com/images/Guns/PS90.JPG)(Like a compact Machine gun)

Myself
05-07-2009, 12:25 AM
what game do you have anyway?:Happy:

What the dick, man.

Weapon suggestions, taken from real life.

Jericho 941 (http://users.telenet.be/leo.gijselings/wapen/jericho_941f.jpg) (Something like a weaker version of the Desert Eagle)
Benelli M4 Shotgun (http://www.survivingtwilight.com/images/Guns/M4_ENTRY.JPG)
FN PS90 (http://www.survivingtwilight.com/images/Guns/PS90.JPG)(Like a compact Machine gun)

I'll put in the Benelli and the Jericho. Might put in the PS90, simply because you're not likely to run into them in a small city. If I do put it in there'll only be one or two, in a small army base or a gun collectors house or something.

Devour
05-07-2009, 12:39 AM
For the strategy area of the game.

-Towers that you or party members (if you get them) can be stationed in to shoot zombies safely. Zombies can destroy them though and the member would have to jump from the tower and fight on the ground with no protection.

-Custom build barricades: Say you have a thin barricade for your troops to get prepared, a second thicker barricade to slow down zombies so you can shoot the **** out of them, and a third (or however many layers you make) really thick one surrounding the base. Maybe barricades around the towers.

Also, a possibility of being attacked in your sleep?

naufal_wp
05-07-2009, 12:41 AM
what about tanks,bazooka,sniper rifle or a trenchgun

Devour
05-07-2009, 12:45 AM
Yeah, you'll find lots of those in a post-zombie apocolypse small city.
Edit: Is this going to be animated in sticks?

Myself
05-07-2009, 12:53 AM
-Towers that you or party members (if you get them) can be stationed in to shoot zombies safely. Zombies can destroy them though and the member would have to jump from the tower and fight on the ground with no protection.

Maybe, allthough it'll probably just be shooting from rooftops.

-Custom build barricades: Say you have a thin barricade for your troops to get prepared, a second thicker barricade to slow down zombies so you can shoot the **** out of them, and a third (or however many layers you make) really thick one surrounding the base. Maybe barricades around the towers.

Yeah probably. most baracades will probably be centred around doors & windows, but something like this may get implemented if possible.

Also, a possibility of being attacked in your sleep?

Sleeping is probably going to be in real time but will only last a few minutes. I think what I'll do is just have it so that you can't sleep if there are zombies too close to you, and that the character wakes up if they come to close.

If I can manage it, I'll add the option to weld metal onto a car or possibly bus, but that's as close to tanks as I'm getting.

Bazookas? No. Homemade explosives will probably feature.

Sniper rifles? Not likely. High powered rifles will be in there, but nothing with scopes.

Trenchgun? Be more specific.

What Vincent has done is a good way to suggest weaponry, because I'm better at identifing things by sight than by name.

Edit: Is this going to be animated in sticks?

No. Fullbody animation at 30 fps. I'm going for quality.

MaxZ
05-07-2009, 04:59 AM
How long will it take for a npc to turn into a zombie?

Myself
05-07-2009, 05:23 AM
How long will it take for a npc to turn into a zombie?

After about 30 minutes they'll start being shit at aiming and start moving slower

After an hour they'll basicly do nothing execpt wonder around

After 1 1/2 hours they'll go uncoonsious

After 2 hours from being bitten they'll become a zombie.

maybe you need allies:Happy:

That's what Npc's are for.

naufal_wp
05-07-2009, 05:52 AM
what kind of zombies ghost,normal zombies,winged zombies,skeleton zombies,or what?

Myself
05-07-2009, 06:27 AM
Zombie zombies.

MaxZ
05-07-2009, 06:34 AM
Generic undead, rotting, awesome zombies. What is the story behind it? Mexican flu?

Myself
05-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Dunno yet. I might just make it swine flu for the sake of the story. lol.

Ash
05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
lol, call it H1Z1.

jesusfreak014
05-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Make sure the zombies can climb up things other wise people will just get on top of things, and the top score goes to who has the least amount of a life (The person not having a life, not in game sense what-so ever).
Then maybe a kind of zombie that is int like the rest, maybe one that attracts more zombies or hurts you alot more than other zombies do, stuff like that.
Maybe more people than just you, like have buddies that get dragged away if you cant keep them alive aka you dont save them.
Molotov's those are good ainti zombie wepons nothing better than setting zombies on fire.
And for the whole gun thing maybe make it where you need to make way for a military base for your guns.
Melee weapons are good for just anything to save ammo that kind of stuff.
And Ive seen alot of people cry about no choosing how they look, mabey hair or stuff, and if possible multilayer those kinds of games go over well.

Vincent
05-07-2009, 02:43 PM
This isn't stick figure, it's fullbody.

Devour
05-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Also could you make enough shots in one limb cause it to stop working, and lots of shots in the same part of a limb cause it to fall off or something like that?

Myself
05-07-2009, 04:41 PM
lol, call it H1Z1.

lol yes

Make sure the zombies can clime things other wise people will just get on top of things, and the top score goes to who has the least amount of life, Then maybe a kind of zombie that is int like the rest, maybe one that attracts more zombies or hurts you alot more than others stuff like that and maybe more than just you, like have buddies that get dragged away if you cant keep them alive, and 2d for stick figure zombie game is awesome, oh and Molotov's those are good ainti zombie gun, and for the whole gun thing maybe make it where you need to make way for a military base they have gun, but to get there, you use a bat or bored and people like it when you can choose a bit how you look maybe color of stick figure, a game like that around there will probably get good ratings.

Uhm. That was all one sentence. Wow.

zombies can clime things - What is clime?

the top score goes to who has the least amount of life - There is no scoring system, it's an rpg.

one that attracts more zombies or hurts you alot more - I'm thinking of making slight zombie varients, but nothing like that.

buddies that get dragged away if you cant keep them alive - If they're not alive, then it's not going to matter if they get dragged of is it?

2d for stick figure zombie game is awesome - this isn't stick figure. Or 2d.

Molotov's those are good ainti zombie gun - Molotovs arn't a gun. They'll be in the game though.

the whole gun thing maybe make it where you need to make way for a military base they have gun - make way, military base with gun coming through

you can choose a bit how you look - You'll be able to change your equipment, yes.

color of stick figure - Not a stick game

a game like that around there will probably get good ratings - I'm not going for ratings.

This isn't stick figure, it's fullbody.

Damn right nigga.

Also could you make enough shots in one limb cause it to stop working, and lots of shots in the same part of a limb cause it to fall off or something like that?

Maaaaybe. Would take a fair bit of extra coding though.

jesusfreak014
05-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Just reread what i said, i edited it, alot of good ideas up there, and that other guy has alot to with the barricades thing.

Myself
05-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Okay i didint know it was not a stick figure game it was ''full body'' + alot of those thing, just think, Molotov okay i said guns just take away the word gun, its easy really, then climb up walls, so you cant just find a spot where they cant get you, have a form of melee, your buddies you need to keep then alive so they can help you, or some zombie will grab him and kill him if you dont help him or anything, use your head, im giving you some good ideas that alot of people go for, and you think your cool for saying ''nigga'' i hear so many freaking people say that man, black and white, you know what it means its Latin for black ''damn right black'' you dont sound cool you sound like a guy that doesn't know much and says retarded things to make up for it, now i know you'll start calling me a nigger and saying im a retard and stuff, story of jerks like you, but i dont care, maybe youll learn something.

I'm tempted to call you a double nigger, but I'm not going to. The reasons I didn't take your suggestions iare;

1- It doesn't suit the gameplay style I'm going for.

2- It would requre a few hundred lines of code. On top of the thousands I'm already having to do.

3- I reserve the right to call people niggers.

4- Nigger isn't latin for black. Niger is latin for black.

5- You are a double nigger.

6- That was all one sentance, AGAIN.

7- I may treat you with more repect if you type properly.

Devour
05-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Could there be a way to create your own melee weapons, and possibly guns too if its not too complicated?
For instance,
It takes two iron (gained by picking up anything metal?) and five wood (wood could be used for barricade making as well, picked up or stolen from wooden structures) to create a sledgehammer.
Or, it takes three metal to make a hammer, or 100 metal and two (big) batteries to make a chainsaw.

jesusfreak014
05-07-2009, 06:35 PM
If you reread what i said i made it better.
I get that it takes to much room but weapons still work.
I took Latin class i know what it means.
You have the right but it doesnt make it right free country still rules.
What gameplay style are you going for?

Myself
05-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Could there be a way to create your own melee weapons, and possibly guns too if its not too complicated?
For instance,
It takes two iron (gained by picking up anything metal?) and five wood (wood could be used for barricade making as well, picked up or stolen from wooden structures) to create a sledgehammer.
Or, it takes three metal to make a hammer, or 100 metal and two (big) batteries to make a chainsaw.

I plan on doing this. Or something similar to this. Like gun + knife + tape = Gun with bayonet.

Bottle + Flamable liquid + rag = Molotov

If you reread what i said i made it better.
I get that it takes to much room but weapons still work.
I took Latin class i know what it means.
You have the right but it doesnt make it right free country still rules.
What gameplay style are you going for?

I'm adding the Molotovs.

I'm going for a real time rpg.

Devour
05-07-2009, 06:39 PM
@jesusfreak: Just give up, you have damaged yourself beyond repair.

jesusfreak014
05-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Whatever, i see that you guys Hate me for just puting in what i thought whould be cool
And sure i never knew what the game was about i guess that makes me a complete retard i guess, some of the ideas i have in there are easy and are good,
if you don't want them fine good luck with your game, hope it goes over well.

Myself
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
good luke

lol .

jesusfreak014
05-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah i saw that to i changed it now but thats funny, funny stuff but anyway good ''luke'' with your game, and go with your gut.:Smile:

Vincent
05-07-2009, 08:02 PM
make way, military base with gun coming through

Omg I think I just shit myself that was so funny.

Devour
05-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Types of zombies suggestions:
Murdered dead: People who were killed by homicide before the H1N1 virus. They could be missing limbs, have a slit throat, a weapon sticking through their bodies, etc. These guys could be extra slow.
Old dead: People who died or heart attacks or old age. Their bodies could be in perfect condition, but too old to do much.
Teen dead: Fast moving zombies, most of them being killed by car crashes or other accidents, so they could have wounds in places.
Infant dead: Very slow moving since they crawl on their hands and feet, but their bite could be extra deadly.

And maybe infected animals?

Myself
05-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Types of zombies suggestions:
Murdered dead: People who were killed by homicide before the H1N1 virus. They could be missing limbs, have a slit throat, a weapon sticking through their bodies, etc. These guys could be extra slow.
Old dead: People who died or heart attacks or old age. Their bodies could be in perfect condition, but too old to do much.
Teen dead: Fast moving zombies, most of them being killed by car crashes or other accidents, so they could have wounds in places.
Infant dead: Very slow moving since they crawl on their hands and feet, but their bite could be extra deadly.

And maybe infected animals?

I'll probably put all those in exept for the infants and animals.

I might make young children zombies rather than infant zombies though.

Jeremy
05-07-2009, 08:56 PM
I think you should work up some concept artwork or demos or something before anyone invests their ideas in your project.

Myself
05-07-2009, 09:11 PM
I think you should work up some concept artwork or demos or something before anyone invests their ideas in your project.

I think I will. As soon as I have a demo with enough content to make it worth it.

naufal_wp
05-07-2009, 09:57 PM
does it have rescue missions?like rescue the president or something from teen or old or kids or crawler type zombies?:Smile:

Vincent
05-07-2009, 10:21 PM
You realize nothing at all has been done on the game right?
These are all just idea's.

Myself
05-07-2009, 10:28 PM
You realize nothing at all has been done on the game right?
These are all just idea's.

A little bit has been done on the game. I've made some sprites.

naufal_wp
05-07-2009, 10:32 PM
maybe you need some extra features!:Happy:

Myself
05-07-2009, 10:44 PM
That's what this thread is for. Suggesting extra things that should be in the game.

Vincent
05-07-2009, 11:01 PM
I love his simple little mind.
It's so cute.

Myself
05-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Unfortunaty I don't possess the ability to register cuteness.

It just annoys me.

firesword12
05-08-2009, 03:35 AM
LOL I THINK I PISSED MYSELF!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

HMHMMHMmmmm..... anyway.....

u have played left4dead right? A game like that but with a story would be SWEET. My idea is that you could have different main players. The game would run in chapters. You start with the leader and he reaches a important part and then you bring in the next main until you get 3 or 4. Then as you reach the middle they meet up and fight the last big huge boss dude together.

Cool y/n?

Myself
05-08-2009, 03:59 AM
It would be if the game I'm making wasn't a completely different genre and gameplay style

naufal_wp
05-08-2009, 06:23 AM
does you still need more ideas to come out to make the game?:Happy:

naufal_wp
05-08-2009, 06:30 AM
and zombies needs bosses without them who will control them?!and maybe they need bonus levels like wasteland battle: kill as many enemies as you can!!?:Smile:

Bonk
05-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Maybe you could meet rival survivalists who are insane/think you are a zombie, because then you would be able to fight a similarly-powered "worthy" opponent in a boss-type arrangement.

Myself
05-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Maybe you could meet rival survivalists who are insane/think you are a zombie, because then you would be able to fight a similarly-powered "worthy" opponent in a boss-type arrangement.

Something like this could work, althrough prehaps something more like the raiders from Fallout 3 that want to steal your hideout/suplies?

and zombies needs bosses without them who will control them?!and maybe they need bonus levels like wasteland battle: kill as many enemies as you can!!?:Smile:

The game isn't going to work in levels. You've got story mode, and that's it.

does you still need more ideas to come out to make the game?:Happy:

I don't need them, but good ideas would be appreciated.

Devour
05-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Make nobody with less than 50 posts be able to post in here somehow. Like big letters in the front. :L
For an important NPC, you could have a guy who's really ****ing big like Mr. T who can kill zombies with his hands alone, but has been bitten before. He could only have a half immunity to the virus and could, at a low chance and only for a few moments, lose control and become a zombie. Gaining control of his body again after lots of mental fighting.
He could be used as a spy into zombie lands since he's half zombie already.

Vincent
05-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Make nobody with less than 50 posts be able to post in here somehow. Like big letters in the front. :L
For an important NPC, you could have a guy who's really ****ing big like Mr. T who can kill zombies with his hands alone, but has been bitten before. He could only have a half immunity to the virus and could, at a low chance and only for a few moments, lose control and become a zombie. Gaining control of his body again after lots of mental fighting.

wut ,

Myself
05-08-2009, 06:20 PM

That's actually a pretty good idea. I'll consider it.

firesword12
05-08-2009, 09:21 PM
So my Idea sucked? YAY thats just what I was going for!!! NOT!!!

ah well....I guess I'm just an inferior specimin.....

Yay!!! I'm inferior!!!

Scarecrow
05-08-2009, 10:11 PM
shut up shut up shut up

Flood
05-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Riot shield? Like maybe you can only use a melee weapon while using it.
You can take boards and shit, to board up windows and stuff. Zombies can climb through the windows without the boards but can still claw through them

Myself
05-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Riot shields will be in the game. You'll find them at police stations.

I'm already planning to have the abilty to board up windows, doors and the like.

Also, I wonder if you can get mod powers for just one thread. That way I could clean everything up.

Also, to speed up the animation process, I'm using motion capture. :D

Flood
05-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Are you even experienced in AS?

Myself
05-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Not doing it in AS. Doing it in Game Maker, which I have been using for years.

Beefy
05-08-2009, 11:17 PM
is the story mode going to be linear? as in: person in city, get out. Or is it going to be varied, such as you leave, join counter-zombies, something.

use the loot idea in Dead Frontier, where you can loot cars, dead people, objects, and find stuff inside them. Also, you 'rescue' people, whom then come to your 'HQ', which is shoddily made and attacked by zombies. you get to defend it however you want, until it becomes fort knox with pop-up guns and mines.

Myself
05-08-2009, 11:31 PM
is the story mode going to be linear? as in: person in city, get out. Or is it going to be varied, such as you leave, join counter-zombies, something.

All stories/sub plots are going to be completly optional, and non-linear.

use the loot idea in Dead Frontier, where you can loot cars, dead people, objects, and find stuff inside them.

Yeah, I'm doing this.

Also, you 'rescue' people, whom then come to your 'HQ', which is shoddily made and attacked by zombies. you get to defend it however you want, until it becomes fort knox with pop-up guns and mines.
going to do something like this, but without the pop-up guns.

naufal_wp
05-09-2009, 01:38 AM
maybe on the last level is a grave full of zombies and have 2 missions and maybe after that is a future zombie level with lots of robotic zombies around!:Happy:

naufal_wp
05-09-2009, 01:41 AM
and maybe you need knifes to if its out of ammo

Scarecrow
05-09-2009, 01:47 AM
Stop ****ing posting jesus christ

Devour
05-09-2009, 01:54 AM
MY EYES ARE BLEEDING

Also will there be a population of zombies? So after you loot or house scout a house you can be sure that it is safe, possibly marking it down on your map?

Or in another way, just to have houses marked as "safe" after you loot them and kill the possible zombies inside and board up the house good enough so that zombies cant get back in.

naufal_wp
05-09-2009, 03:15 AM
just to have houses marked as"save"after you loot them and kill the possible zombies inside and board up the house good enough so the zombies can`t get back inmaybe it needs more protections like you know anti zombie technology!so that more stronger zombies cannot get in

Myself
05-09-2009, 03:16 AM
MY EYES ARE BLEEDING

Also will there be a population of zombies? So after you loot or house scout a house you can be sure that it is safe, possibly marking it down on your map?

Or in another way, just to have houses marked as "safe" after you loot them and kill the possible zombies inside and board up the house good enough so that zombies cant get back in.

Well, if you board up a house well enough, then it will remain clear of zombies. Until they break though at least.

and maybe you need knifes to if its out of ammo

There are melee weapons. I have said this.

maybe on the last level is a grave full of zombies and have 2 missions and maybe after that is a future zombie level with lots of robotic zombies around!:Happy:

I have already said that there will be no levels. Fuck you.

Devour
05-09-2009, 03:17 AM
@naufal wp
Tip: Click the quote button.
But where the **** did you even pick up the need for more "protections?"

Edit: Myself, on the first post you say that with the camera will be at 45 degrees. Will it be facing forward/backwards or left/right?
Edit2: Ban naufal for trolling.

Myself
05-09-2009, 03:19 AM
maybe it needs more protections like you know anti zombie technology!so that more stronger zombies cannot get in

What the fuck are you talking about. This game is ment to be realistic.

Devour
05-09-2009, 03:42 AM
Edit: Myself, on the first post you say that with the camera will be at 45 degrees. Will it be facing forward/backwards or left/right?

>:L c

Myself
05-09-2009, 03:46 AM
forward, then down at 45 degrees.

naufal_wp
05-09-2009, 05:01 AM
maybe you can made a medal IN THAT GAME and i the medal is unlocked from finishing a certain objective and then can be seen in EXTRAS if you made one!:Smile:

Myself
05-09-2009, 05:20 AM
I hate you so much.

Sherbet
05-09-2009, 05:53 AM
you could have a pre-level strategy maker
so like, before you start playing, you plan your strategy, so then the npc's follow this, and you do what you want

good idea, no?

Myself
05-09-2009, 06:10 AM
It would be, but I'm not doing the game level by level, I'm doing it as a continuous rpg.

You'll be able to give allies comands and shit though.

Scarecrow
05-09-2009, 07:06 AM
maybe you can made a medal IN THAT GAME and i the medal is unlocked from finishing a certain objective and then can be seen in EXTRAS if you made one!:Smile:

shut up shut up SHUT UP

firesword12
05-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Thats a very good Idea and I suggest you follow it the dude that everyone HATESSSSSS!!! Yes that's you naufel wp!!

Anyway.... Will you have a stats/experience option thing? Where you can upgrade the characters health, speed, agility and shit? Cause that would make it realistic because the person would get stronger as they go, faster as they go and know more about their enimies and shits...

P.S. Sry for they bad spelling.... I just woke up....

Devour
05-09-2009, 05:56 PM
It wouldn't be realistic if they chose what stats went up. However, if a character got stronger by ripping boards off of doors or houses, that would be more realistic.

Myself
05-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Thats a very good Idea and I suggest you follow it the dude that everyone HATESSSSSS!!! Yes that's you naufel wp!!

Anyway.... Will you have a stats/experience option thing? Where you can upgrade the characters health, speed, agility and shit? Cause that would make it realistic because the person would get stronger as they go, faster as they go and know more about their enimies and shits...

P.S. Sry for they bad spelling.... I just woke up....

It wouldn't be realistic if they chose what stats went up. However, if a character got stronger by ripping boards off of doors or houses, that would be more realistic.

Meh. Mayyyybe.

Sunder Forge
05-09-2009, 07:44 PM
They're ****ing zombies.

Devour
05-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Yeah, now that they're zombies we can like totally make buildings fall down on them, and happen to have loads of C4 and helicopters with us so we can fight them forever. I mean, who cares how you could never do that, but it doesnt matter cause zombies aren't real either.
Also, I got the idea from Kingdom of Loathing and used realistic as a way to make it sound better. :L

Myself
05-09-2009, 11:46 PM
This game is supposed to be realistic yo.

Y'know, apart from the zombies.

Flood
05-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Not doing it in AS. Doing it in Game Maker, which I have been using for years.

I see. Okay then. The game has some pretty good ideas, so far.

Raffi
05-11-2009, 12:29 PM
make it like dead rising. Get random shit and smash the **** out of the zombies.

Also, if there are any beta-testing spots, I'll be in.

Cizzil
05-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Make random parts for guns laying around the city. Like you could be like, you found binoculars, attach this to gun for makeshift scope? or you found a football glove, put on for better shotgun aim?

idk just an idea.

also-

You could have missions you could choose to do like, "you hear a scream from the next alley, try to save whoever is calling out." and if you save them in time they join your team.

Also have the ability to set traps such as, cars falling on zombies when they walk over a wire, or a street covered in kerosene lighting up when they reach a certain point.

Myself
05-12-2009, 03:40 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I'm having design issues.

>:U

MaxZ
05-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Why is this one person resistant?

Devour
05-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Do you see people questioning that in I am Legend?
Noooooo. >:L

MaxZ
05-12-2009, 08:19 AM
>:L .

Myself
05-12-2009, 11:23 PM
>:L .

Phosphorus
05-13-2009, 09:57 PM
you better have a crowbar in this game created by the company, Black Mesa.

you know, like an easter egg?

Myself
05-14-2009, 11:45 PM
you better have a crowbar in this game created by the company, Black Mesa.

you know, like an easter egg?

Yes. Good idea. I plan on putting small referances like that in it.

Devour
05-15-2009, 03:00 AM
What is everything that you've done so far for the game? Like the number of sprites made or etc.

stieck
05-15-2009, 05:48 AM
why not make zombie animals?you know,like zombie dogs,or some other zombie animals from resident evil 5,maybe?

Myself
05-15-2009, 06:37 AM
What is everything that you've done so far for the game? Like the number of sprites made or etc.

Made quite a few sprites, but I'm going to need to remake them due to an unforesen design issue.

Myself
05-19-2009, 02:34 AM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

Moar design issues.

I now have a choise. l23D, better quality, more time OR l2ignore problems, less time, less quality.

HMM

Devour
05-19-2009, 02:48 AM
Design issues? In what area?

Myself
05-19-2009, 04:11 AM
Having a sence of 3D ness.

i cbf to elaborate more than that.

Raffi
05-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Shadows? .

Myself
05-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Shadows? .

naw, shadows are easy.

The problem is seeing all the detail I want to be in there.

Say you're inside a room right, with a doors on the, north,east,west and south faces on the room. Because of the fact that it is 2D, you can only see the inside face of 2 of the doors, and that is shitty when you want to check if they are damaged, barracaded or locked.

Same proplem goes for other objects and stuff.

Scarecrow
05-20-2009, 12:35 AM
I hereby request that some sort of addition be made to either the rules or thread title that all members with less than 50 posts **** OFF

Mantha
05-20-2009, 01:48 AM
Request denied. So there's a couple of newbs who don't get it, get over it.
Back on topic.

Myself
05-20-2009, 04:37 AM
Can I request temp mod in games section so I can clean my thread up?

Mantha
05-20-2009, 04:42 AM
Don't say stupid things. If you want the thread to be cleaned, you know what to do.

Myself
05-21-2009, 04:33 AM
Clean my thread pl0x. You janitor girl you.

Mantha
05-21-2009, 04:41 AM
I have pretty much cleaned it. There were some posts of noobs after my post which I deleted and Scarecrow's too. Seriously, stop ****ing responding to them, because you're making extra work for me. If you want something to be taken care of, just shuzt up and report it. Why is that so hard?

Don't call me janitor. I'm not obliged to do anything. I'm doing you guys a favour.

Scarecrow
05-21-2009, 04:54 AM
okay .

Myself
05-21-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks Jan.

Itor.

I mean kristina.

Raffi
05-21-2009, 10:14 AM
naw, shadows are easy.

The problem is seeing all the detail I want to be in there.

Say you're inside a room right, with a doors on the, north,east,west and south faces on the room. Because of the fact that it is 2D, you can only see the inside face of 2 of the doors, and that is shitty when you want to check if they are damaged, barracaded or locked.

Same proplem goes for other objects and stuff.
D:

Wait, i thought this was supposed to be 3D style, not 2D.

Fries
05-21-2009, 08:05 PM
this looks good

pepsi155
05-21-2009, 08:28 PM
I dont know if anyone suggested this but there should be this weapon shop. You can earn cash by killing zombies. There should also be a boss. Hmmmmmm. Thanks, Pepsi:Happy:

Flood
05-21-2009, 09:19 PM
D:

Wait, i thought this was supposed to be 3D style, not 2D.

I think he is explaining why it is going to be 3D.

Myself
05-21-2009, 11:08 PM
It was originally going to be 2D, but was going to look 3D.

Think Age of Empires.

But since do this will serriourly hinder gameplay, I think I'm gonig to need to touch up on my C++ and 3D modeling.

On that note, can anyone recomend good sites or programs for either of the two?

Myself
05-21-2009, 11:10 PM
I dont know if anyone suggested this but there should be this weapon shop. You can earn cash by killing zombies. There should also be a boss. Hmmmmmm. Thanks, Pepsi:Happy:

First, why would there be a weapon shop set up during an apocolypse?

Second, why would you get cash from zombies?

Third, there aren't going to be bosses. Some zombies will be stronger or mutate into zombie varients, but there won't be bosses.

EDIT: Suprise mod clean up?

kjkillaz
05-25-2009, 09:05 PM
So How the game going?

gralph07
05-27-2009, 06:56 PM
First, why would there be a weapon shop set up during an apocolypse?

Second, why would you get cash from zombies?

Third, there aren't going to be bosses. Some zombies will be stronger or mutate into zombie varients, but there won't be bosses.

EDIT: Suprise mod clean up?

so you mean only common infected,no other special infected?
oh yeah,nevermind.

aside from money, what about BLOOD POINTS?

gralph07
05-28-2009, 03:21 PM

he ignores tanks

Fleetingfreelance
06-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Jericho 941 is a great choice, But will it be .45ACP, 9mm, or .40S&W? I'd go with 9mm.

I don't recommend the FN-P90, an AK or Ar-15 type rifle would be much better, but those are really really common.

You should have the ability to sneak into a like a Police or National Guard armory and get things like ammo, grenades, plastic explosives, full-auto rifles like MP-5s (share ammo with the Jericho), maybe an M-4, and also stuff like MREs and advanced first aid kits (no doubt you'll need those) Don't get caught though, GUARDS SHOOT ON SIGHT, they're jumpy as **** on account the zombies and people trying to steal weapons!

And you should be able to collapse buildings (only certain ones) to increase your field of view and give the zombies less cover and hinder their movement. Also: What if you could maybe like steal a HUMVEE and be either you or an NPC use the gun on top or drive?

Also, what about sandbags? maybe build bunkers with them or use 'em to strengthen thin walls

xXTheDarkHeartedXx
06-16-2009, 10:53 PM
what about stuff like daggers,abandoned stores(for extra supplys),Big zombies(like more mutated or turned or whatever kinda type of thing),Chainsaws(Most zombie games got those),batteries(for if u do add chainsaw or anything like it that needs batteries...*i'm trying to be realistic*),revolvers(PWNAGE),m16s or m4s maybe??,Crowbars???(what i like Half Life 2 XD),Rocket Launcher(incase u put big mutated zombies in),Gun Store or small military out post(for weps),and the final suggestion AK-74u(small sub machine gun thats pretty cool)

TheCreator
06-20-2009, 05:35 PM
I have a few npc suggestions, there could be a man, surviving in a gunshop, and when you go in there, he tries to kill you, it could be an npc/boss battle, like if you go in there, and you say the wrong thing, like "Yeah this virus has spread pretty far..." He'd be like "You a damn zombie? GTFO my store!" And because you need the guns and ammo(which you only get like 1 or two guns,) you have to kill him?
(Yes this idea is from that zombie game for xbox 360 where you kill zombies in a mall.)
EDIT: Also a gun suggestion, P99?
Looks like this(Yes this is an airsoft, its mine, so yeah.)
Gun with magazine out:
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4003/picture12y.jpg
Gun with Magazine in:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3782/picture11f.jpg

Flood
06-20-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't actually think the guns would still be there, at the beginning of the outbreak, I'm sure a lot of people would have gotten there already and took all the guns. Also, I think to find some weapons, there could be like, the remains of a killed survivor, and has his weapon on the ground next to him or something, because obviously the zombie wouldn't take the weapon.

JakeConnor
07-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Can you make this multiplayer or is that too much work?

and i has a storyline idea!

You are in the park, your best friend says he hears a growning sound.
you do not hear anything. Then he talks about how this homeless guy
came up to him and bitt him!

He pushed him away and the homeless Guy walks up to these people.

you look at his arm, surely enough, there was a bite mark.

Later that day, your friend is acting drowsey.
Then suddenly he Falls down to the floor. You realise he is unconscious.
you take him to the hospital immediatly

And then he suddenly went crazy or something and Started Biting everyone immediatly.

Hope you likes it! :D

Sandulf
08-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Maybe for weapons you could throw some handcannons in there!

Like a Colt Python or Anaconda, or a S&W mo. 500.

M1911, hopefully you know what this weapon is, I mean it's sort of iconic and used in most of the WWII games I've played.

Beretta 92.

NPC's, maybe pets, animals can serve as distraction or weapons even, zombies would be attracted to a dog running through a city barking like mad, just because of the noise, then again depends on how the infection works (Could be a virus that targets only humans so they would more or less ignore animals), I mean a beastly Wolf or other large canine could seriously screw soft fleshy stuff up!

That being said you could have a more armored zombie, be it military body-armor or civilian soccer gear, a more armored opponent would be a tough opponent, I mean 9mm rounds could be ineffective against military B-A, but a higher caliber rifle round could knock them down or penetrate the armor entirely.

Hope this was useful, or entertaining to read at least!

It would not let me use links...blast it all :Oh No!:

Myself
08-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Yay old threads.

I'm just doing this in a 2D top down view now.

Flood
08-06-2009, 11:11 PM
One suggestion for "types of zombies" Animal zombies? For example a bear or dogs or something? Also, what about police or swat zombies? They probably died trying to fight off zombies, and they'd be wearing vests and helmets and shit, thus being harder to kill.

Myself
08-06-2009, 11:17 PM
full-auto rifles like MP-5s

MP5's aren't rifles bro.

daggers

no

abandoned stores

duh

Big zombies

meh

Chainsaws

yep

batteries(for if u do add chainsaw or anything like it that needs batteries...*i'm trying to be realistic*),

Chainsaws don't use batteries

revolvers(PWNAGE),

Not my weapon of choice, but available.

Crowbars

yep

Rocket Launcher

nope

AK-74u(small sub machine gun thats pretty cool)

Is an assault rifle. Not an SMG.

Can you make this multiplayer or is that too much work?

maybe

and i has a storyline idea!

You are in the park, your best friend says he hears a growning sound.
you do not hear anything. Then he talks about how this homeless guy
came up to him and bitt him!

He pushed him away and the homeless Guy walks up to these people.

you look at his arm, surely enough, there was a bite mark.

Later that day, your friend is acting drowsey.
Then suddenly he Falls down to the floor. You realise he is unconscious.
you take him to the hospital immediatly

And then he suddenly went crazy or something and Started Biting everyone immediatly.

Hope you likes it! :D

Maybe for weapons you could throw some handcannons in there!

MAYBE

M1911

Garand or Carbine?

NPC's, maybe pets, animals can serve as distraction or weapons even, zoPC's, maybe pets, animals can serve as distraction or weapons even, zombies would be attracted to a dog running through a city barking like mad, just because of the noise, then again depends on how the infection works (Could be a virus that targets only humans so they would more or less ignore animals), I mean a beastly Wolf or other large canine could seriously screw soft fleshy stuff up!

animals are afraid of zombies

Myself
08-06-2009, 11:19 PM
One suggestion for "types of zombies" Animal zombies? For example a bear or dogs or something? Also, what about police or swat zombies? They probably died trying to fight off zombies, and they'd be wearing vests and helmets and shit, thus being harder to kill.

animals is a nay

armored zombies is a yay

Scarecrow
08-07-2009, 01:52 AM
i love how every 11 year old that comes in here thinks they know something about guns other than the names of a few

Flood
08-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I lol everytime someone comes in and says
"we shud hve rokets n tnks in case ur in a groop"

Kitsune
08-09-2009, 11:06 PM
No. Fullbody animation at 30 fps. I'm going for quality.

Tweening?
because FBF would be a disgusting nightmare at 30 fps all by yourself.

In a game that has this kind of (sorta) hackneyed topic, I think originality would be valuable.

My suggestions: Please note that due to laziness I have merely skimmed the thread, so excuse me if I'm repeating someone else's advice.

Sicknesses that weigh you down speedwise or healthwise until you get the ingredients from your environment that you automatically mix into a cure that you automatically take.

Death only being the beginning of new gameplay as a zombie.

NOT having 3 lives or any of that shit. Escaping reality is one thing but having multiple lives Contra-****ing-dicts the zombie topic.

I have had sex with Joan rivers and I can tell you that her vagina is a thing of unparalleled beauty.

Melee weapon: bat.

I'll post more when I think of something else.

:D

Myself
08-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Tweening?

no lol

Brainstick
09-23-2009, 10:48 PM
NPC :

Construction worker NPC
He takes time longer to be infected , but run slower

Young man NPC
He run faster but aim more bad

And weapons :

Flame thrower
Long-ranged flamthrower (created by combining blowtorch, tape , oil , and handgun)

Baseball bat
A 3 foot long wooden and iron baseball bat

Add some accessories too :

Leather snickers
Makes you run faster

Portable mattress
This makes you able to sleep anywhere with high comfort

Shoulder guard (secret item and very hard to find)
Any zombie's bite will deal only 2% of its normally does

Zombie radar
Just obtained from dead S.W.A.T body ... able to track some living deads

Portable stove
Able to use as a cooking device anywhere ( its consume portable stove gas can)

Antidote
This is a blue pils in a small bottle . able to prevents NPC from infected in a few minutes...

Add some more things , I hope these are usefulls

Cook
11-21-2009, 10:44 PM
I have had sex with Joan rivers and I can tell you that her vagina is a thing of unparalleled beauty.

score .

Brainstick
11-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Home-made weapons suggestions :

Stink bomb

Tools : Rat poison, tape , empty bottle, cigar , lighter.

Effects : Make the zombies confuse. maybe kill SOME of them that are less of health.

Add some weather ? Maybe snow, you can get down by freezing ? Rainy, If you run too fast you fell ? Foggy, you can only see things when you're near to it ?

Hope those accepted ... and help :P

venn
12-03-2009, 04:48 PM
FINALY some one who wants to make a stratagy zombie game! Ok i think that you should be able to go around town and pick up things like plywood, meatle plates, etc. and use those to make a type of barricade. maybe like completly cover a window in wood or just criss cross to save material or something. maybe predesign barricades and have players chose those (first idea is preffered) also there are tons of custom built weapons, ammo, designs that i have come up with. i know how to make a flaming shotgun round for a fully auto gun like a AK47 and how to turn a pringles can into a explosive smoke gernade. i wont be on here mich but if you msg me i might possibly come back with a how to on each thing. BYE

Myself
12-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread until I have something to show.