PDA

View Full Version : Leap of faith

Plague
05-09-2009, 03:37 PM
A request from a friend. I am not happy with the animation, but I am moderatly happy with the background.

http://www.truploader.com/view/881671

alcaknight
05-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Animation definitely wasnt that great. Could use some.... Moving. The stickmen seemed very stiff. Like they were just there. The background was pretty good. The bush was bad.

BluGil
05-09-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't like the backround. it waayyyyy too cartoony, bubbly, and shiny.

ferganim
05-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Yeah, the bg was a bit busy I think. You need to sort out the gradient on the bush especially, it looks quite tacky. The colour change needs to be less significant.

doc
05-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I actually liked the bg, but try to work on movements of the sticks. Picture yourself doing it before you animate it. For instance, when you skate (not that I do, but I tried once :D) you crouch way down a good second before the jump. their legs barely bend at all in this.

Plague
05-11-2009, 04:10 AM
I actually liked the bg, but try to work on movements of the sticks. Picture yourself doing it before you animate it. For instance, when you skate (not that I do, but I tried once :D) you crouch way down a good second before the jump. their legs barely bend at all in this.

Thanks for the tip, I don't know how I didn't think to put the right movement, I have skated for years, I should have realized the movement, I guess when I animate I don't think of reality much.

Bonk
05-11-2009, 05:10 AM
Apart from the sky and the bush, the background was pretty decent.

But otherwise it wasn't super. There was barely ANY movement, for one. The gravity was ok, but maybe if he had a higher arc and hang-time it would look better.