PDA

View Full Version : <Lixu> FB PRACTICE

Lixu
05-10-2009, 04:23 AM
http://filebox.me/view/g0tg8vurh

I hate staff's.

Tawnik
05-10-2009, 04:52 AM
Well, I just opened flash and I wanted to animate something, but I'm closing it now and I will try to point out everything about your animation =) I hope you wont get mad =D

First of all I have to admit that I didnt expect that good fullbody from you, it's smooth, there's minimum resizing (well, he got smaller at the end, but its still okay)

Thats what I think was good, but there are still a lot of things to work on, the movements are time to time awkward, they arent fluid enough, for example when he's preparing for the jump, it should be more fluid, nothing should stop, neither the head, it should flow, go doooooooooooown and uuuuup, maybe let it stop for 1 frame.
Another thing is, the physics, try to work on it, animate a ball bouncing, animate a box bouncing, animate a stickman jumping, running. I dont say the physics you use is wrong, but it just doesnt fit, the jump looked really powerful at the start, but he stopped in the air and then he was falling down slowly.. that made it quite weird.
Force and impact, your animations are okay to watch with sounds, because sounds make the impact and force, but try to focus on the animation of these two more, for example, try to animate a box standing in the middle of the screen, then a ball comes and it hits the box, the box reacts and then it tries to hit the ball back.. show people how powerful these two objects are, use double framing, its really easy to do impact and force with this.
The spin in the air didnt look right to me :( if you focus on the staff it goes forward, backward, forward, thats what made it weird.

Thats it, it was good animation, but work on these few things I've noticed and pointed out :)

jadony
05-10-2009, 04:55 AM
Heh everything but the staff is awesome.... your giving to much emphasis on the swings when there not traveling very far...
weapons are an extension of the arm, the staff just seemed to be a stationary object on a moving person
it still really good tho

Bonk
05-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Hmm, not as tight as your others. Make it bigger so we can all see better!

Lixu
05-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Tawnik - I love you so much.
Jadony - That reply made me think of the Supreme Kai saga o_O Thanks though
Bonk - I'll zoom in with the cam more next time.

Lixu
05-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Bump to the top.

Tawnik
05-11-2009, 09:14 AM
That's why I hate this forum, bad animations get thousands of reviews, comments, maybe some people are flaming those newbies but their topics are alive.But if someone make good animation, such as this was, it was way better than everything in this section that people post here nowadays, it dies quickly, idk why :|

Lixu
05-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Heh, actually I totally I agree with you there, I don't know whats up with it.

Kieran.
05-11-2009, 12:15 PM
That's becuase if your a clever beginner, you don't give crit to the awesome people, as you may be wrong. And beginners need more help.

That is why I didn't comment on your animation. I am not experienced in full-body.

doc
05-11-2009, 12:15 PM
It was good, but when he was at the top of that jump thing, he stopped moving foreward and fell straight down, when he probably should've kept going a ways. But the rest was good imo. Good job!

Tawnik
05-11-2009, 12:17 PM
You're supposed to watch it and comment it, point out your opinion, you dont have to tell him how to improve, just tell him what you think is or looks wrong.Even if you're beginner, I always show my animations to my friends that arent experienced in animating, because they dont know how hard it is to animate they just tell you, hey, wtf is with the physics ? Fix that.. =D
thats it =)

Lixu
05-11-2009, 12:23 PM
I think those who dont know nothing about animations can give you the best critics possible because their used to the tv stuff.

Tawnik
05-11-2009, 12:32 PM
I think those who dont know nothing about animations can give you the best critics possible because their used to the tv stuff.

exactly =D

Raffi
05-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Oh god I hated the staff animation. The combo was good but the staff animation was terrible. It was uneased, short and badly drawn. It's just a red line. Looks like a glitch in the system.

RawGreen
05-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Oh god I hated the staff animation. The combo was good but the staff animation was terrible. It was uneased, short and badly drawn. It's just a red line. Looks like a glitch in the system.

he should have used a brown line :D

or a darker red.