PDA

View Full Version : I love medieval stuff

Lixu
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
http://filebox.me/view/dbujcwn1q

kinto
05-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Great job...love the blood. What fps do you use because it looks really smooth.

Lixu
05-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow, thanks Kinto. 24 fps.

doc
05-11-2009, 02:24 PM
That was really good! blood could've used some more particles, but I guess that's just part of the style. You got all the movements head-on, and the reactions worked perfectly.

Kieran.
05-11-2009, 02:24 PM
It was really quite good... but the sword appeared out of nowhere :c

Lixu
05-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Doc - Hey thanks man :D
KD - Well, if you zoom in and watch fbf you can see him pull it out of his "pants" or something. But yeah I might should've exaggerated a tad more.

Shanto
05-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Lixu I do not remember you being so good at animation.

Well done.

Zed
05-11-2009, 02:56 PM
I like the fact that if you press play and then pause it the shadows keep fighting on a continuous loop. Not, sure that will have been intentional though.

Omega
05-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I like the fact that if you press play and then pause it the shadows keep fighting on a continuous loop. Not, sure that will have been intentional though.

It's just the movie clips playing, Zed. They can't be paused.

It actually wasn't that good.
Very, very smooth animation.
Lack of easing in my opinion. There is easing but it is too moderate and constant for my taste; try making the easing less gradual next time for each movement.
Moderately fluid. In addition, a lot of movements are very, very awkward, because you're bending them at the wrong places. For example, one of the black figure's punches had a follow through which only consisted of his lower arm bending while the upper arm pretty much stood still; this does not make sense at all. Bend the entire arm for easing next time. This occurs in many movements, which is not good.
The blood is bad and lacks particles.

Meh.

EDIT: And the easing for the red figure's arm bouncing off the ground at the end of the animation is very badly done. In fact, there was pretty much no easing for that movement at all.

Lixu
05-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Shanto - Thanks
Zed - Simply because it's a movieclip
Omega - Thanks for the critics, I really have a hard time getting the right easing at the right place I guess :/ And yeah, I quickly did the red's arm.

Tawnik
05-12-2009, 05:05 AM
I like that, you're improving, finally getting close to what I think is perfect stick animation.Aaaand work on blood ;)

Rabstar
05-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Sweeeeet, but I don't like the blood, IMO, needs more parrticles.
<3 the anticipation and strength, stick style was reallllly pro too.

Lixu
05-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Haha thanks :D