PDA

View Full Version : The Fifth Best Animation In The World

Omega
05-11-2009, 05:01 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/109844

Do you guys think it's good? I think it's one of the best fights I've done so far, since I'm not very good at doing combat and reactions.

Please c and c greatly. This is a serious animation.

*Updated a bit: http://www.truploader.com/view/808408
I added a few blurs, though only a few are noticeable. I also added a few more frames and animated a bit more.

*Update again: http://www.truploader.com/view/389986

*Update again: http://www.truploader.com/view/767166

Plague
05-11-2009, 05:43 PM
It's good.
But it needs more easing when he flies into the wall.
And what happened towards the end? He stuck in the air and the other dude kicked nothing.
I'm guessing it's not finished.

Omega
05-11-2009, 05:45 PM
It's good.
But it needs more easing when he flies into the wall.
And what happened towards the end? He stuck in the air and the other dude kicked nothing.
I'm guessing it's not finished.

Thanks man, appreciate it. And yes, it's not finished.

More comments please.

Omega
05-11-2009, 06:33 PM
comment niggers

Cizzil
05-11-2009, 06:42 PM
I can't find much wrong with it, besides the fact it's a little wobbly

Omega
05-11-2009, 07:07 PM
I can't find much wrong with it, besides the fact it's a little wobbly

Yes, it is.

I need some real CC, guys. CC me the way I usually CC other animations.

Omega
05-11-2009, 07:10 PM
I was actually working on putting movements together for this animation. I was also aiming for a Terkoiz style of fighting.

undagada
05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Hmm... The sticks need some more time drawn on, their elbows seem strangely disjointed.

The movements were good for the most part, but try not to exaggerate/ease EVERY movement, it really slows down the animation. Watch stuff like Xiao Xiao to see what I mean, (if you're one of the, oh, 4 people in the world who hasn't) you need a good mix of fast and slow hits.

I actually liked the last kick, but you might want to try kicking it up 24fps and adding an extra frame there, or a blur.

Good job overall, lot of potential.

Omega
05-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Hmm... The sticks need some more time drawn on, their elbows seem strangely disjointed.

The movements were good for the most part, but try not to exaggerate/ease EVERY movement, it really slows down the animation. Watch stuff like Xiao Xiao to see what I mean, (if you're one of the, oh, 4 people in the world who hasn't) you need a good mix of fast and slow hits.

I actually liked the last kick, but you might want to try kicking it up 24fps and adding an extra frame there, or a blur.

Good job overall, lot of potential.

Yeah, I don't have a tablet, so my stickfigures will always be slightly disjointed :p
Yeah, I think the movements were pretty good too. I was aiming for more elaborate combinations of movements.
Mmmm.... no, I think you need easing in pretty much every movement, or at least some sort of follow-through. I'm not a big fan of Xiao Xiao anymore, although it was a godly animation around 4 years ago, I believe.
And yes, the animation is at 24 fps. I double framed for easing parts, and triple framed very rarely. I also did add a blur and a triple frame for the kick, with varying blurs in those 3 frames, but I removed it later and decided to go for a clean, unfiltered look on my animation.

Thank you very much for your criticism!

undagada
05-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I don't have a tablet, so my stickfigures will always be slightly disjointed :p
Yeah, I think the movements were pretty good too. I was aiming for more elaborate combinations of movements.
Mmmm.... no, I think you need easing in pretty much every movement, or at least some sort of follow-through. I'm not a big fan of Xiao Xiao anymore, although it was a godly animation around 4 years ago, I believe.
And yes, the animation is at 24 fps. I double framed for easing parts, and triple framed very rarely. I also did add a blur and a triple frame for the kick, with varying blurs in those 3 frames, but I removed it later and decided to go for a clean, unfiltered look on my animation.

Thank you very much for your criticism!

I looked at the animation frame by frame and couldn't find a blur or the third/second inbetween frame of the kick.... Maybe I'm getting old.

And yeah, there's a lot of different styles, Terkoiz I always thought had a slow, sluggish but strong style, although recently he started speeding up. If you enjoy that style, then OK :Spiderman:

Omega
05-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I looked at the animation frame by frame and couldn't find a blur or the third/second inbetween frame of the kick.... Maybe I'm getting old.

And yeah, there's a lot of different styles, Terkoiz I always thought had a slow, sluggish but strong style, although recently he started speeding up. If you enjoy that style, then OK :Spiderman:

No, I said I removed the blur afterwards before posting it because I decided to go for a more clean look. I don't want to apply filters to my animation before I finish the entire fight scene.

Thanks though.

N T
05-11-2009, 08:28 PM
that was great, except for the end when the green stick stayed in position leaning backwards. what fps? and did you use 40 smoothing in brush?

Omega
05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
that was great, except for the end when the green stick stayed in position leaning backwards. what fps? and did you use 40 smoothing in brush?

Thanks. The figure was in the position because I did not finish animating it.

24 fps, and I used 30 smoothing.

N T
05-11-2009, 08:48 PM
ya.. that's cool but i wouldn't say 5th best animation in the world. how long did it take you to make it?

Omega
05-11-2009, 08:49 PM
ya.. that's cool but i wouldn't say 5th best animation in the world. how long did it take you to make it?

haha, i know it's not the fifth best animation in the world. If you look at my previous threads, you'll find i named them the fourth best, the third best, and so on as a joke.

Took me maybe 2 hours? I animate very slowly.

N T
05-11-2009, 08:51 PM
did you use v cam? for the moving

Omega
05-11-2009, 08:58 PM
did you use v cam? for the moving

Yes I did. It was also frame-by-frame, not tweened.

Lixu
05-12-2009, 12:32 AM
I think the reaction on the first kick was not that good, it does show power but it's not that well done if you ask me, rather lazy. The rest is great :)

Miccool
05-12-2009, 12:46 AM
anticipate and exaggerate it more.. like make him float for a sec before falling after hitting the wall and stuff like that. idk

Scarecrow
05-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Really reminds me of NTG's style. I didn't like how the green guy stood completely still while the blue guy got up. Make him keep busy, adjust his posture and stance, or walk towards him or something.

Also probably needs a background of some sort.

Otherwise it's good.

Vacuum
05-12-2009, 02:07 AM
Yes.

From now on I hate you.

For being to good >:c

Lixu
05-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Old joke is so old.

Vacuum
05-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Old joke is so old.

'snot a joke

SNOT

lolololol:Smile::Smile:

Yeah, whatever, I'm just bored.

doc
05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Its pretty good, for the most part. You got the movements down well, but the kick was a bit too quick. Like you couldn't tell it was an actual movement, more like a... glitch? idk what to call it, but you know what I mean. You might want to add a trail to it or double frame or something.
And look at the green guy's elbows. A few times the two parts become seperate.

Omega
05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys, for the comments and criticism. I updated it a bit though:

http://www.truploader.com/view/808408

link's also on the first page

Sunder Forge
05-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Dat shit was dope yo

Old joke is so old.

Please leave.

Omega
05-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Updated again guys.

Thanks Sunder.

More comments guys?

undagada
05-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Great job, nice update. Although I was talking about blurring the blue dude during the kick, you still made the same effect (maybe because I knew what would happen lel).

Last kick didn't look like it would have enough power to send him flying off the map, but that kick animation was nice and smooth.

Omega
05-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Great job, nice update. Although I was talking about blurring the blue dude during the kick, you still made the same effect (maybe because I knew what would happen lel).

Last kick didn't look like it would have enough power to send him flying off the map, but that kick animation was nice and smooth.

You are absolutely right about the last kick. I am still focusing on that part and figuring out how to make it more forceful :(

Thank you very much though. You give good criticism!

Fries
05-12-2009, 07:51 PM

yeah, on that dramatic pause, the green guys elbow is hanging of

EDIT:off

Omega
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
yeah, on that dramatic pause, the green guys elbow is hanging of

EDIT:off

It's not a dramatic pause :p

And I will edit that hanging elbow off.

In the mean time, more comments people?

N T
05-12-2009, 08:49 PM
you use blur alot. i like it alot. i've been studying it :D

Omega
05-14-2009, 03:50 PM
edited again

Sunder Forge
05-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Give them some hats. It'll be awsome once it's finshed, nice to see a new style.

Omega
05-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Give them some hats. It'll be awsome once it's finshed, nice to see a new style.

Hats ?

what

Sunder Forge
05-20-2009, 05:04 PM
GeT THEM SOME ****ING HATS

StickOnLSD
05-21-2009, 09:23 AM
nice make floor.

Linck
05-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Awesome! I liked the effects.

Omega