PDA

View Full Version : [SsjB] Sword Vs staff - Short fight

Ssjbryando
05-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Yo. Well I finally cooked up something. Its been a while since I've animated for a few hours straight.

Comment if you want please =] [The beginning I find to. Slow-ish, and to constant as well. As in, same pace. Something like that, but after looping 100 times, I like lol]

I like it , which Is '':O!'' As well for me.

http://ssjbryando.deviantart.com/art/Sword-Vs-Staff-Short-fight-122797934

BITCH!

poppetje3D
05-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Epic man , Epic.

Sunder Forge
05-17-2009, 10:08 AM
**** yes .

Plague
05-17-2009, 12:11 PM
That was very very good. Nice and fluid.
But when the black one gets up he gets all choppy.
Also when he is going fast you can see the line segment intersections.
That's all I could see that was wrong with it.

Omega
05-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Uh, you didn't really make the transition between movements evident enough. I mean, all you really did for some parts is make poses and then ease them; you ought to put more frames between the different poses.

Everything was well eased though. And I see you double framed for one part. Nice trails too.

Good job, just add more frames in between. I know you have a very heavy style of easing, and you want to enunciate force, but you should still add frames in between poses for smoother transitions.

Ssjbryando
05-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Hmm. I know what you mean, although I don't think I would like it if I added even more frames in between. It would be even slower, a bit smoother/more flow yea I guess. It would also change my style a bit more but I'll do that.

I already had that, but removed most of them. (mostly cause of force. It looked much smoother/fluider transactions, but meh. Maybe I should have just continued it, or spaced the hit itself more out) [But I actually agree with you, cause I remember when I did the first part, I really saw it too, but just continued] And later got used to it.

I can easily see what you mean though, at the sword slashes [The second one/combo right? before kicks]. Although I don't think its THAT obvious, at least I think I had enough seeing as most didn't notice as fast. But flux said the same If I remember correctly.

But I'll try that next time. Thanks for your helpfull comment :D

Tawnik
05-17-2009, 01:38 PM
=D

Awesome =) When I saw it for the first time I thought its weird, it was too fast, it was lacking frames, inbetweens, but I watched it million times and its okay =D I read the comments and I agree with Omega and also with you, you shouldnt remove the first frames, if they were there, if you find it too slow you should remove just the second half of the frames, example's coming:

0= pose, easing
_= free space (. is just shorter)

lets say it was like this, the easing

0.0_0__0___0___0__0_0.0
1.2_3__4___5___6__7_8.9

If I were you I'd make it faster, but like this

0.0_0___0____0.0
1.2_3___5____8.9

I hope you get me =D
just don't remove the first few frames, these frames are there to tell the audience "Hey watch out !!! he's rising and he's gonna do something in this direction" thats why you like it after a while watching it

My opinion..

Kieran.
05-17-2009, 01:44 PM
That was aweomse.

But how do you animate so fast!

Ssjbryando
05-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I know how it works =P

Oh first time Tawnik had crit on meee :O /pain

But yea I noticed it more heavily here then all my other movies, I know. Thanks.

For some reason I think Its one of my nicest though, but I see the flaws. But I watched it a million times, and my eyes got used to it ><

Although If you guys are talking about the speed thing, yea i know. Although that was done on purpose.

Tawnik
05-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Haha, =D
I'm sorry but I forgot to say how much I love your slow-mo movements, the last "jump" was sexy, same for the animations that were in the easing tutorial, I love you for animating that smoothly and the easing is awesome and I have the same problem as you, I just want to help you, you know that I love you, my brother <3 =D and I love your animations as well =) but I was like "Hmmmmm, I dont want him to stop animating, just because he's already so awesome, I have to try hard and find some small flaws" :D:D so yeah, I found the lack of inbetweens.. thats the only flaw in my HONEST opinion.

..now I can finally learn literature :c

daneximuz
05-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I thought it was very nice. Good easing and framerate. Nice job.

Ssjbryando
05-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Yea I know : P Its just, there is mostly not many crits on it. I'll work on imbetweens, I see them clearer now as well.

Even though I think this is the only one where its that big. I'll try some smoother insanity/wrazish, style later.

Thanks Daneximus =] Sucks I don't see new stuff by you.

M3D
05-18-2009, 02:53 AM
**** that omega and tawnik thats his style of animating, you cant tell him how to animate to satisfy your eyes.

I think its good

HAZZAH

Tawnik
05-18-2009, 05:16 AM
Haha, =D
I'm sorry but I forgot to say how much I love your slow-mo movements, the last "jump" was sexy, same for the animations that were in the easing tutorial, I love you for animating that smoothly and the easing is awesome and I have the same problem as you, I just want to help you, you know that I love you, my brother <3 =D and I love your animations as well =) but I was like "Hmmmmm, I dont want him to stop animating, just because he's already so awesome, I have to try hard and find some small flaws" :D:D so yeah, I found the lack of inbetweens.. thats the only flaw in my HONEST opinion.

..now I can finally learn literature :c

**** that omega and tawnik thats his style of animating, you cant tell him how to animate to satisfy your eyes.

I think its good

HAZZAH

I'm not arguing with you, I just pointed out what could be done better, its not that big problem, its just the only think I'd do another way.Calm down =)

Bonk
05-18-2009, 05:17 AM
Uh, you didn't really make the transition between movements evident enough. I mean, all you really did for some parts is make poses and then ease them; you ought to put more frames between the different poses.

Everything was well eased though. And I see you double framed for one part. Nice trails too.

Good job, just add more frames in between. I know you have a very heavy style of easing, and you want to enunciate force, but you should still add frames in between poses for smoother transitions.

Agreed, even though you explained it. It was just a bit too fast as well.

Also, when you do an alpha of a line figure, convert the trail frame to fills so we don't see the ugly overlap of the lines.

+ @ M3D
He's entertaining us, boi.

N T
05-18-2009, 05:26 AM
That was great. great as in good but a little more but not that GREAT or Great. just great. get what i mean?

StickOnLSD
05-18-2009, 06:57 AM
awsome!!!
you are the best..
really.
i learned from u a lot!

Ssjbryando
05-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Oh wait, Bonk, Tawnik, are you guys talking about the normal sword slashes, or the end rush ultra dbz thing.

Cause obviously the Dbz thing was done like that on purpose, PLUS seriously, If I added frames, it would look much much slower/dragged out, and HALF as cool looking.

If you guys are talking about that then, hm. If its about the sword slashes, which I agree on the second one mostly, yes, I also think it was to much of what Omega said. Although pose then easing, is a bit to overreacted in my opinion, cause it indeed has some normal imbetweens (look at black when he rolled for example)

@m3d:And nah, in other movies no one said anything about the me needing imbetweens, actually this is the first time hearing that. And my style is also in my other movies. I actually tried staff and sword for one of the first times =]

Thanks guys for your helpfull comments. Although are my other fighting movies like this too? Cause I never heard anyone say about it then.

:D <3 m3d btw. But nah, if its to much spacing, I agree with them. Even if its a style, if its a flaw that can be fixed but still kept as my style, then I'll do it.

@stickonLSD: Awesome =] Im glad I helped.

Bonk
05-19-2009, 05:09 AM
It doesn't matter if it's on purpose, I'm just telling you want should be different in my opinion.

Ssjbryando
05-19-2009, 09:24 AM
I still don't know which part you guys are talking about \: The dbz part can't be changed though, even if its an opinion. Would ruin the whole thing basically. I added enough movements in it, (Back, then forward slightly, then hit) so that it didn't look exactly like teleporting. [Imo at least] [I had more imbetweens at first btw] Anyways lets forget about this =P Although if its the teleporting instead of the sword slashing, then I know I don't have anything to improve (Spacing) wise on that. :D

Thanks guys. More comments?

poppetje3D
05-19-2009, 09:44 AM
You gotta pimp mah ride.

Artemis_Neetcudt
05-20-2009, 01:15 PM
ouch, that looked like it hurt =)