PDA

View Full Version : Punch Test (Do not read if you don't want to waste your time)

Flood
05-17-2009, 08:57 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/168505&lb=y

Am I doing anything wrong? Other than the wobbliness.
Also, I did it in 5 fps so you can see it better and give it better C&C.

Omega
05-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Put it in 15 fps. Then I'll comment.

Flood
05-17-2009, 09:21 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/589396

Scarecrow
05-18-2009, 02:00 AM
Put a head on it, then I'll comment

piss off

flood, you should spend a bit more time drawing each frame and making sure the joints don't poke out of each other.

Flood
05-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Okay, thanks .

Omega
05-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Ahhh, now I can actually see the animation :)

There was no force for the punch. Make more force by making the easing more heavy at the beginning, meaning that the buildup should start extremely, extremely slowly. This means that the punch should start off very slowly if executed properly. Afterward, make sure the frame right before the actual punching frame consists of the stickfigure in a pose that emulates power. For example, his body could be curved towards the target, with his arm behind him, ready to punch. The further away the arm is before the punch, the more force there will seem to be.
So overall, easing was bad, because the buildup was much too constant.
There was no force.
Not very smooth at all. I can evidently see one of the frames before he punches, meaning that it is choppy. Smooth animation ensures that the viewer is looking and something that looks actually integrated and is flowing smoothly; I should never be able to see the individual frames in the animation, unless this is intentional.
Actually, I saw some easing at the end, when his punch ends and he moves towards the left a bit, but it was still too constant. Remember to make easing heavier.
And of course, make sure each frame looks neat and clean, and try not to have any wobbliness in limbs or any joints hanging off of other joints.

Keep animating. You've got some aspects down.

Cronos
05-19-2009, 02:02 AM
good cc omega that first paragraph helped me too :D

Flood: im starting to think that its titles like the one you used that make people more curious, it wasnt a waste of time, but yeah what omega said; slow build up then a quick release.

StickOnLSD
05-19-2009, 03:10 AM
slow,
more FPS.