PDA

View Full Version : My first stick animation

Linck
05-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Ok, here it is:

truploader.com/view/961610

Very short =x

Well, i was just trying some moves, i think it was a funny animation, im happy with it, but i still have alot to learn, and i have alot to ask now =p
Ok, i used a normal ball shape brush with 58 of smoothing. Is it correct?
I noticed that some people uses lines, does it gives a better result? I found hard with lines, because i makes some strange shapes on the junctions of the body.

Also i saw this animation from Ssjbryando:
ssjbryando.deviantart.com/art/Sword-Vs-Staff-Short-fight-122797934

I noticed that his video has muth more fluency than mine... why? What i need to do? Should i add more fps? I used the standards...

And the sounds... well i had to search alot fo find these ones. Is there any specific website, where I can dowload soundfx for stick stuff? I have downloaded at FlashKit, but there were not muth varitey.
And i got an error trying to add some sounds to my library: "One or more files were not imported because there were problems reading them"
It was the same type of files that i suceeded in adding...
What it could be?

Thats it, i hope i can get better next time.

Kieran.
05-19-2009, 01:34 PM
I would advise you learning with brush first.

Put the smoothing down to 50 though.

Anyway, basically you just need to practice a lot to get you through this first week of animating. The things I reccomend you work on are:

Easing
Anticipation
Smoothness

SSbrayanjo's animations will obviously be better than yours... He has been animating for over two years.

It all comes with practice my man.

KEEP ANIMATING!

Linck
05-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks, ill keep animating for sure =)

I know Ssjbrayanjo has more experience than me and it makes him better. But i want so see how a professional like him make the animation, i mean, the difference between our animations, because if i dont know where is my error, how can i solve it?

torjus
05-19-2009, 01:55 PM
your errors is easing you can go check on tutorials for easing and you actually have some easing in bt somewhere you take a to big jump if you do that it will become MUCH more smooth.

Linck
05-19-2009, 05:05 PM
thx for the coments..

hmm, so i need easing...
I downloaded a Tawnik's tutorial, and i could see what easing means. And, it seems to be very important... Well i think i already have a nice notion of it, but i forgot to put it into practice, or i did not had patience maybie. I hope i can aply this to my animations next time.

Vincent
05-19-2009, 06:24 PM
You're a lot better then most noobs I've seen post.
That's for damn sure.

You seem to got the pretty basic stuff down, just add more frames in between movements, work on physics, maybe up the frame rate just a bit, and working on force wouldn't hurt.

I hope you keep practicing.

EDIT:Also SSJBryando has been animating for a while now, just practice. You'll get better.

BluGil
05-19-2009, 07:34 PM
www.truploader.com/view/961610

it was pretty good. What you need to do at this point is just experiment with the tools, and find a style that you can work well with. it seems you have down some of the basics, so thats good. also try and make the stick bigger :/

N T
05-19-2009, 08:13 PM
punch lacked alot of force and didn't match with the sound

Linck
05-20-2009, 07:27 AM
@N T

I noticed it, but i couldnt find better sounds. So i keep with my question, does anyone know a nice website to download sounds? I really need it.

And again, thx for all comments

EDIT: One more important question: What is the ideal fps rate?

Kieran.
05-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Sound packs: http://www.stonesbucket.com/sound-packs-flash-animation-sfx-free-sounds-free-sfx/

There is no perfect Fps to use. For beginners I would adivse lower though.

So, I would use between 18 and 24. (under 18 gets choppy and over 24 is uneccessary)

So start out at 18fps or something to learn and then when you are better go to 24.

N T
05-20-2009, 07:43 AM
@N T

I noticed it, but i couldnt find better sounds. So i keep with my question, does anyone know a nice website to download sounds? I really need it.

And again, thx for all comments

EDIT: One more important question: What is the ideal fps rate? why go through trouble to look for a sound? the punch was retarted anyway.. just fix the punch

Aycaramba
05-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Here's a tip:
Zoom in 400% and draw the stick, but make it cover the whole area.

Sounds;
http://rapidshare.com/files/235261529/Sounds2.rar.html
This .rar contains all of my sound fx, 4000+ sound files.

Orange Blob
05-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Sound packs: http://www.stonesbucket.com/sound-packs-flash-animation-sfx-free-sounds-free-sfx/

There is no perfect Fps to use. For beginners I would adivse lower though.

So, I would use between 18 and 24. (under 18 gets choppy and over 24 is uneccessary)

So start out at 18fps or something to learn and then when you are better go to 24.

Especially since our eyes only see at 20fps :P

Linck
05-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Thank you all
Thanks for the sounds!

And sorry N T... a misunderstanding =x
...yeah i put the sound in the wrong moment, just a little XD

I used 12 fps on that animation, and im using 20 now on another one, but it takes alot of time.

Vincent
05-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Especially since our eyes only see at 20fps :P
Wrong.You pathetic tawt.