PDA

View Full Version : [Kit]Factory Release

Kitsune
05-19-2009, 08:21 PM
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/496122

Vote high please. ;o

Yay I got 3rd in an animation contest and got 100 dollars for this!

For details of that check out my NG profile which includes a post of details and a picture of me.

Yay for comments in this thread!

Omega
05-19-2009, 08:33 PM
I cannot even begin to comprehend what that animation was about. :p

Good animation, though. You used a mouse for this?

Kitsune
05-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Naw. Wacom tablet.

Omega
05-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Naw. Wacom tablet.

Pussy .

:p

Srsly, good job though. A hundred dollars? That's good. What was the competition's theme, or what was it about?

Kitsune
05-19-2009, 08:58 PM
The name is "The PA High School Computer Fair". www.pacomputerfair.org

I'll be on that site shortly with a photo of me as a winner in the animation category.

The 1st place kid got 500 dollars. He deserved it.

Pussy

>:C

Omega
05-19-2009, 09:00 PM
>:C

: )

Kitsune
05-19-2009, 09:00 PM
: ]

alcaknight
05-19-2009, 09:34 PM
I enjoyed it very much so.

sabaton
05-20-2009, 05:02 AM
This school isnt Phillips Academy is it?

Bonk
05-20-2009, 05:28 AM
Eh, honestly, did you know what was going on, or did you just use plants withering and growing and strange creatures flying around to make people think that there was some meaning when it was actually just random?

The second part seemed completely irrelevant to the start, which probably supports my above statement.

Anyway, apart from the badly tweened claw, the animation was flowing and smooth, and the perspective in the second bit was cool. The music fitted as well.

Kitsune
05-20-2009, 03:03 PM
I enjoyed it very much so.
gee thanks

This school isnt Phillips Academy is it?
Nope. If you're looking at last year's results I didn't place last year...

Eh, honestly, did you know what was going on, or did you just use plants withering and growing and strange creatures flying around to make people think that there was some meaning when it was actually just random?

The second part seemed completely irrelevant to the start, which probably supports my above statement.

Anyway, apart from the badly tweened claw, the animation was flowing and smooth, and the perspective in the second bit was cool. The music fitted as well.
I did know what was going on. It has something to do with creation and the source of us. If you don't get it at first, or ever, which seems common, treat it as a thought provoker. Not everything has a solid definition.

It wasn't completely random. It was actually planned, budday. Even if it was random, random things put together can create meaning to people that care to add meaning to it and don't think that what they don't get is instantly just chaotic bullshit.

The second part isn't irrelevant, but brings meaning to the first part if you pay attention closely and see if you can interpret it as something relevant rather than something irrelevant.

I wouldn't call the claw "badly" tweened. It has a few small shits with it I didn't feel like fixing the 8th time and it isn't spectacular but I wouldn't call it "bad". Can you elaborate to help me out? I really want to have some detailed criticism.

Looking back to the whole lot of text I replied with to you I'd like to note that none of my reply is meant to be part of a heated argument. I just thought I'd finish this whole "Whats the meaning of it" deal I get sometimes now.

On another note I got a WHOLE 5 CENTS from Newgrounds flash ads.

Bonk
05-21-2009, 03:20 AM
Apart from the disconnections, it was too predictable, to the extent it looked obviously animated and not lifelike, yet it moved too fast to seem robotic. The actual grabbers moved in and out lamely and all the parts jerked around too suddenly, which completely contradicts the point of motion tweens. But on a second watch it wasn't as bad as I remember.

Plague
05-21-2009, 04:59 AM
I believe this animation constitutes the ways of creation of us, and the earths past. Make of it what you will, but that's what this stands for to me.

I will elaborate.
It provides an alternate to evolution as a medophor.
It means that we could possibly have been created by a robot.
In a less literal sense: What we believe, even with what facts we do have, can be very different from reality. Just because it makes sense doesn't make it any more likely from anything else. Reality is just a word that means "what we think is possible, impossible, true, and what we think happened". Reality is only what WE experience in THIS environment, but there is many places unseen, therefore what we think doesn't really constitute anything of actual relevance, it is only a thought of a insignificant being.

Summary: Just because we believe it, and it makes sense, doesn't make it fact.

And yes, the claws movements were not synced very well.
Other than that it is just great.

9/10 on NewGrounds: because it wasn't all that mind bending, nothing completely stood out and grabbed me. Possibly due to the lack of anything deeper then medophors.

Bonk
05-21-2009, 06:41 AM
I believe this animation constitutes the ways of creation of us, and the earths past. Make of it what you will, but that's what this stands for to me.

I will elaborate.
In a less literal sense: What we believe, even with what facts we do have, can be very different from reality. Just because it makes sense doesn't make it any more likely from anything else. Reality is just a word that means "what we think is possible, impossible, true, and what we think happened". Reality is only what WE experience in THIS environment, but there is many places unseen, therefore what we think doesn't really constitute anything of actual relevance, it is only a thought of a insignificant being.

9/10 on NewGrounds: because it wasn't all that mind bending, nothing completely stood out and grabbed me. Possibly due to the lack of anything deeper then medophors.

Lol, you spelt "metaphor" wrong twice, which sort of ruins your sophisticated sounding post, making you seem like a silly little kid trying hard to sound smart. Just be yourself.

Ssjbryando
05-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Just because he spelled the word wrong, doesn't mean hes not thinking that..the above post makes no sense to me (Bonks) |:

Wow damn good job on this! It looks great, the creativity is just a mega plus.

StickOnLSD
05-21-2009, 09:18 AM
wow..
that was nice man.

Kitsune
05-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Apart from the disconnections, it was too predictable, to the extent it looked obviously animated and not lifelike, yet it moved too fast to seem robotic. The actual grabbers moved in and out lamely and all the parts jerked around too suddenly, which completely contradicts the point of motion tweens. But on a second watch it wasn't as bad as I remember.
I see what you mean. While animating next time I'll think more into what I'm actually animating because I did just try to tween it to move it. Thank you!

I will elaborate.

I'm going to give a good reply on newgrounds later but for now thank you for the reply and that was the neatest interpretation I've seen so far.

Lol, you spelt "metaphor" wrong twice, which sort of ruins your sophisticated sounding post, making you seem like a silly little kid trying hard to sound smart. Just be yourself.
That post doesn't make you sound like a dick whatsoever. ;P

Wow damn good job on this! It looks great, the creativity is just a mega plus.
:D Coming from you that means plenty! Thank you.

wow..
that was nice man.
Thanks! :D

Plague
05-21-2009, 01:42 PM

Excuse me? Now your just pissing me off, you don't even know me. So what makes you think I don't think like that. And wow, a mispelled word, that just ruins everything doesn't it. You have no clue how smart or stupid I am. So quit trying to analyze me. I don't really appreciate anything you just said, did I do any wrong by you? don't think so

And I assumed it was "medophor", because when you pronounce it you don't usually hear a "t" sound, it's more like a "d" sound.

Bonk
05-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Excuse me? Now your just pissing me off, you don't even know me. So what makes you think I don't think like that. And wow, a mispelled word, that just ruins everything doesn't it. You have no clue how smart or stupid I am. So quit trying to analyze me. I don't really appreciate anything you just said, did I do any wrong by you? don't think so

And I assumed it was "medophor", because when you pronounce it you don't usually hear a "t" sound, it's more like a "d" sound.

you're

;]

I wasn't having a go at you, I was just thinking that maybe you were trying to sound smart to be respectable, and was trying to hint that you don't have to use big words to be listened to. I did sound like a dick though, sorry.

dawG
05-22-2009, 04:31 AM
Nice art and animation, but wtf was going on..

doc
05-22-2009, 05:23 AM
That was really good, you deserved the 100. But the claw didnt look great though.
And I honestly don't see any deeper meaning in this, but I'm not in the mood to think right now, and I definitely don't want to read those really long, deep posts. But great job!

Plague
05-22-2009, 07:11 AM
was trying to hint that you don't have to use big words to be listened to.

That was the only way I could describe what I was trying to say.
It's hard to explain deep thoughts with words like "stop" and "cat".

EDIT: Oh, and sorry if that sounded like passive aggressive remark, I didn't mean it that way.

Kitsune
05-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Nice art and animation, but wtf was going on..
Think about it. gawd!

Thanks though. :P

That was really good, you deserved the 100. But the claw didnt look great though.
And I honestly don't see any deeper meaning in this, but I'm not in the mood to think right now, and I definitely don't want to read those really long, deep posts. But great job!
Yeah I don't like the claw.

Well if you're not thinking... whatever. thanks. :D