View Full Version : Particles test

Cizzil
05-19-2009, 09:22 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/868737

made in like 30 minutes

Omega
05-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Haha, very stylish.
The particles were done alright. Although near the end the particles dissipated too uniformly in comparison to each other, most of the time the particles were random and had a mind of their own, following proper physics, etc.
I just love how you used thin lines though. It brings back how old flash animations used to be done :) And, I like how you used more than one color for the particles.

Physics for the falling of the figure is wrong though :p

Good stuff.

Cizzil
05-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Thank you, I was trying to make it look cartoony, where they hover in the air b4 they fall, but I guess that didn't work.

Cizzil
05-20-2009, 06:47 PM
bump

bump

bump

BluGil
05-20-2009, 07:26 PM
errrmmm. You shuld probably use the same colors if your gonna do the blood like that. blood aint gonna change color in midair, its all the same. different colors are just for shading and shine, which means within the same peice of blood, if you get what im sayin at all. plus is like loopdee****inlooping around. its weird. not terrible though.

Cizzil
05-20-2009, 07:30 PM
errrmmm. You shuld probably use the same colors if your gonna do the blood like that. blood aint gonna change color in midair, its all the same. different colors are just for shading and shine, which means within the same peice of blood, if you get what im sayin at all. plus is like loopdee****inlooping around. its weird. not terrible though.

Please don't cc unless you know what you are talking about. No offense, but I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Omega
05-20-2009, 07:39 PM

oh what

BluGil
05-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Please don't cc unless you know what you are talking about. No offense, but I don't think you know what you are talking about.

I'm pretty sure I know what I am talking about. I'm talking about the blood in your animation. To me, the different colors looked messy in the way they were placed in your animation, disturbing the aesthetics and therefore decreasing the appeal of your animation. It doesn't take an expert artist to critique an animations; animations, and all works of art, are made for the general public. Therefore it is absurd to assume that only fantastic animators should give critique on an animation. Even if you believe that I am a bad animator, that does not mean that my opinion means any less than someone with a tablet and a few more years of experience.

What I'm saying is that using the bright red and the dark brown, both colors that real blood is not, together in this animation does not look good. The way that the blood emerges from the "person" is also entirely unrealistic and nonsensical. It emerges in a line-like stream, and also has swirls of blood emerging from his body. They disperse in the same direction of each other, and do not separate, or attach to the wall and coagulate. They just disappear. I suggest using a color similar to what you have used, but somewhere in the middle of the two colors; a sort of maroon. Since blood is a thick liquid, light will reflect off of it. White can be used to imitate this shine that blood may have; a streak of white on at least some of the blood pieces, applied while zoomed in a reasonable amount, will add to the visual appeal of your animation.

For christs sake is that good enough for you.

undagada
05-20-2009, 08:13 PM
I like the style. ^Inspired^

Especially that loopy twisted splatter near the end, that was pretty cool.

Omega
05-20-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I know what I am talking about. I'm talking about the blood in your animation. To me, the different colors looked messy in the way they were placed in your animation, disturbing the aesthetics and therefore decreasing the appeal of your animation. It doesn't take an expert artist to critique an animations; animations, and all works of art, are made for the general public. Therefore it is absurd to assume that only fantastic animators should give critique on an animation. Even if you believe that I am a bad animator, that does not mean that my opinion means any less than someone with a tablet and a few more years of experience.

What I'm saying is that using the bright red and the dark brown, both colors that real blood is not, together in this animation does not look good. The way that the blood emerges from the "person" is also entirely unrealistic and nonsensical. It emerges in a line-like stream, and also has swirls of blood emerging from his body. They disperse in the same direction of each other, and do not separate, or attach to the wall and coagulate. They just disappear. I suggest using a color similar to what you have used, but somewhere in the middle of the two colors; a sort of maroon. Since blood is a thick liquid, light will reflect off of it. White can be used to imitate this shine that blood may have; a streak of white on at least some of the blood pieces, applied while zoomed in a reasonable amount, will add to the visual appeal of your animation.

Uh, actually, adding 'shine' to the blood in this case would cause realism and would cause ugliness, since this style of animating is intended to be cartoony and sloppy, which reminds me of Cosmoseth's style, or traditional 'oldschool' styles of animating stickfigures.

Staying with colors of relatively the same type (red and dark red) gives the animation a cartoonish look, which was what he was obviously trying to do, given the way the figure is animated and the entire concept of 'rolling down a hill' which was also very typical in animations back then, and sometimes now.

There are more things to animation than realism.

Cizzil
05-20-2009, 08:39 PM

Most of this is bullshit. How many times did you use a thesaurus btw? Adding big words that have nothing to do with the cc won't make you sound smarter.

power fuse0
05-21-2009, 01:32 AM
Most of this is bullshit. How many times did you use a thesaurus btw? Adding big words that have nothing to do with the cc won't make you sound smarter.

lol seconded. & THEREFORE CIZZIL IT IS ABSURD TO ASSUME THAT ONLY FANTASTIC ANIMATORS SHOULD GIVE CRITIQUE ON AN ANIMATION!

Lul <_<

Anyway, I thought it was fantastic. Entertaining. But I think it could have been better if you made the whole body disintergrate, instead of just the head :3

Cizzil
05-21-2009, 04:57 AM
lol seconded. & THEREFORE CIZZIL IT IS ABSURD TO ASSUME THAT ONLY FANTASTIC ANIMATORS SHOULD GIVE CRITIQUE ON AN ANIMATION!

Lul <_<

Anyway, I thought it was fantastic. Entertaining. But I think it could have been better if you made the whole body disintergrate, instead of just the head :3

Yeah I did have the limbs flying off, and them disenigrating, but the blood kind of made it so you couldn't see it.

StickOnLSD
05-21-2009, 09:26 AM
XD
good idea make the blood more realistic .

BluGil
05-21-2009, 01:47 PM

Blech. i was in a bad mood and had nothing to do. just forget everything i said. ps no thesaurus

Cizzil
05-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Blech. i was in a bad mood and had nothing to do.

Oh doesn't everyone love excuses?

BluGil
05-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Oh doesn't everyone love excuses?

oh doesn't everyone love sincerity. This is the internet. Nothing matters.

Cizzil
05-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes it does. Internet coolness is top on my list.

BluGil
05-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Well then your very accomplished in life.

Cizzil
05-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Well then your very accomplished in life.

WTF?? grammar please

BluGil
05-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Well then you're very accomplished in life. Accomplished can be used that way. lol

Cizzil
05-22-2009, 05:18 AM
.................................Any actual cc

Xswift
05-22-2009, 08:27 AM
good particles but it needs a bit more then its like stick blood gushing out.

Cizzil
05-22-2009, 02:48 PM
good particles but it needs a bit more then its like stick blood gushing out.

WTF?? I said any helpful cc