PDA

View Full Version : BlooG1ll> Skate!

BluGil
05-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah, thought id take the common topic for a spin. No pun intended

http://www.truploader.com/view/464825

power fuse0
05-20-2009, 06:43 PM
It's not very fluid, you need to work on your stick drawing.
Colours are ugly, & easiing is a little basic. Otherwise. Good try

Cizzil
05-20-2009, 06:46 PM
The Vcam was really shitty, it kept zooming in, making it look bad.

Plague
05-20-2009, 09:51 PM
It's good, but, and there are alot of buts.
Like others said, It's not all that fluid, but it's still not choppy.
The physics are good up until he airs off of the QP.

Since it is a small QP, he would have not aired very far upward, but there would still be a decent amount of airtime, due to the amount of pop from the very small but steep QP, and would have bent his kees alot in the air.

WHICH is almost exactly what you did, other than you made him air way to long, er, unless it was supposed to be some type of dramatic, intro, or event pause.

The physics with the board, I'm not quite sure what it was, but it looked a little wrong. I suppose it was right in technical terms, but yet it seemed a little ackward.

Now for the VCam. There are 2 ways a VCam should be used.

1. Suddle: Move it slowly, let him wonder off center, but not off of the screen.
2. Lock-Center: Move it completely in sync with the guy, he should stay as much in the center as possible, to give the illusion a camera is mounted to him, or that the ground is moving instead.

The way you used it (not such a good way to use)
Wonder: A mixture of both, making him wonder and rendering it astecially unpleasing.

Other than that it was good.
Also one more thing, try to make him looser, not in animation terms, but skating terms. Pro skaters let their hands reach their knees while preparing for a trick that involves airing first (grinds, fliptricks, airing, ect.)

BluGil
05-21-2009, 01:52 PM
It's good, but, and there are alot of buts.
Like others said, It's not all that fluid, but it's still not choppy.
The physics are good up until he airs off of the QP.

Since it is a small QP, he would have not aired very far upward, but there would still be a decent amount of airtime, due to the amount of pop from the very small but steep QP, and would have bent his kees alot in the air.

WHICH is almost exactly what you did, other than you made him air way to long, er, unless it was supposed to be some type of dramatic, intro, or event pause.

The physics with the board, I'm not quite sure what it was, but it looked a little wrong. I suppose it was right in technical terms, but yet it seemed a little ackward.

Now for the VCam. There are 2 ways a VCam should be used.

1. Suddle: Move it slowly, let him wonder off center, but not off of the screen.
2. Lock-Center: Move it completely in sync with the guy, he should stay as much in the center as possible, to give the illusion a camera is mounted to him, or that the ground is moving instead.

The way you used it (not such a good way to use)
Wonder: A mixture of both, making him wonder and rendering it astecially unpleasing.

Other than that it was good.
Also one more thing, try to make him looser, not in animation terms, but skating terms. Pro skaters let their hands reach their knees while preparing for a trick that involves airing first (grinds, fliptricks, airing, ect.)

Hey, thanks. thats actually some really helpful critique. with the strange easing and the fast moving VCam i was going for thats kinda dynamic, high easing thing. guess it didnt work lol