PDA

View Full Version : tween and effect

RawGreen
05-20-2009, 11:28 PM
I was playing around with the tweens rotate feature of witch I almost never do anymore.

I like the shading effect on the pendulum, but the down cast one....meh, not so much.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/210509/2494_with_tweens.php

I need to work on tweens more.
;p

Rabstar
05-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Make it ease more at the beginning, like, only a tiny bit of movement.
I like the shades, pretty nice.
Good job, but yeah, you need to work on tweens a bit. :D

Plague
05-21-2009, 04:36 AM
The center balls shading goes off track a little in the middle of the animation, it subtly moves off of the light course. The shadow was good, but the edges broaden and contract, making it look a bit wobbly.

And yes, it does need more easing.

StickOnLSD
05-21-2009, 09:24 AM
that was actually good.
5/5

RawGreen
05-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Make it ease more at the beginning, like, only a tiny bit of movement.
I like the shades, pretty nice.
Good job, but yeah, you need to work on tweens a bit. :D

Alright.

The center balls shading goes off track a little in the middle of the animation, it subtly moves off of the light course. The shadow was good, but the edges broaden and contract, making it look a bit wobbly.

And yes, it does need more easing.

I know that it's not centered right, I in fact, set it slightly off to give a rougher appearance with the spin. Also, when the pendulum moves over the light source on the middle piece, the light is meant to disappear.

The downcast shadow was very wobbly, I did want something, but it wasn't in my favor.

Plague
05-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Also, when the pendulum moves over the light source on the middle piece, the light is meant to disappear.

That is not what I meant. Look at the middle piece while it is not covered by the shadow. The shade horizon goes off track of the pendulum, look very closely, you may have to look for a bit. But it's not all that noticable.

You shoud try something like this without tweens. It would be a challenge, and you would have more control over what happens. FBF animating can be very useful if you can pull it off right. It makes more realistic movements.

Omega
05-23-2009, 01:38 PM
How did you make the shading on the larger circle look so pixelly and low-quality?

It's cool.

RawGreen
05-23-2009, 08:25 PM
That is not what I meant. Look at the middle piece while it is not covered by the shadow. The shade horizon goes off track of the pendulum, look very closely, you may have to look for a bit. But it's not all that noticable.

You shoud try something like this without tweens. It would be a challenge, and you would have more control over what happens. FBF animating can be very useful if you can pull it off right. It makes more realistic movements.

yes, I know the one on the pendulum now that you mention it. I simply forgot to fix it. I'll look closer at the details and be sure to fix them.

No, I don't really want to do this without tweens because this was a tweening test all to begin with. Maybe you have or haven't figured it out, But the pendulum is only working off of one tween. I'm practicing these things so I can do tweened fullbody even better than I am now.

How did you make the shading on the larger circle look so pixelly and low-quality?

It's cool.

It's a bunch of layered high and low quality bevels, I doesn't take hardly any space to do it so you can optimize your file size and breach a good quality metal or fuzzy-thatched appearance.

I'll give you further detail on why it reaches this effect but you'kk have to play around with multi-stacked movie-clips, one inside the other to find out how I did this.
Now, you see, bevel will create a live time shading on the object when it is moved around on the stage. Friction between the MC will happen when another movie-clip inside is doing the same thing. This causes a distort in form. It's what breaches this rough metal-like appearance.

It's my own custom effect that I discovered a while ago when making effect tests.