Medo, Kemal
05-21-2009, 03:18 PM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8483/shoot.gif

Medo, Kemal
05-21-2009, 03:41 PM
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3805/obsticle.gif

pheonixslayer21
05-21-2009, 03:52 PM
the second one was stiff when he bounced off the floaty rock, it was somewhat choppy also there was no easing

Fries
05-21-2009, 07:11 PM
the second one was stiff when he bounced off the floaty rock, it was somewhat choppy also there was no easing

yeah? he totally triggered off

Zed
05-22-2009, 05:35 AM
I seem to remember having already told you to post in the beginner section. I may be forced to repeat myself. Post in the beginner section. I was. Now I'm unhappy.

Anyway, the first one has almost nothing there. It is so basic that it is impossible to gauge your skill from it. The only thing that I can say about it is change the muzzle flash. It needs to flicker.

The second one is incredibly stiff, a little choppy, totally uneased and defies two out of three laws of physics. You need to go to the beginner section, view some tutorials and learn what all these words mean.

Rival
05-22-2009, 05:50 AM
Problem is he doesn't have to.

Zed
05-22-2009, 05:53 AM
Outside the beginners thread we have license to tear his animations to shreds unless they are spectacular. He doesn't have to, but we can punish him for refusal.

Rival
05-22-2009, 05:55 AM
So infact, I'm right and you just posted something that Doesn't make a difference at all.

zawmbee
05-22-2009, 05:58 AM
So infact, I'm right and you just posted something that Doesn't make a difference at all.
Logically, you are right. But by the laws of spp he does have to, he can chose to go againts the rules and laws but that doesn't make him justified.

Zed
05-22-2009, 05:58 AM
@Rival: A wholey accurate assessment of the situation. I was merely pointing out that refusal to obey the unwritten rules has consequences which the unwritten rules would otherwise forbid. We are both correct. Now we are off topic.

Back on topic: I forgot to add - don't double post. Now that one is in the rules.

Avian
05-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Hah, learn to ease, man.

And 2 frame tests aren't very exciting.

‹berschall
05-23-2009, 03:06 AM
When you're shooting a gun, the muzzleflash wouldn't be there all the time. I mean, in reality maybe, 'cause the flashes are really fast, but in an animation that looks really off.

Also, what the fuck is this whole "Beginners Section" thing? Back when I was around the Pivot section a lot, an animation like this would get out of the BS with flying colors. This really isn't so bad that it shouldn't have it's own thread, in my humble opinion. But whatever.

MaxZ
05-23-2009, 04:14 AM
As everyone got better, the standards to get out got higher too.

Flux
05-23-2009, 05:12 AM
When you're shooting a gun, the muzzleflash wouldn't be there all the time. I mean, in reality maybe, 'cause the flashes are really fast, but in an animation that looks really off.

Also, what the fuck is this whole "Beginners Section" thing? Back when I was around the Pivot section a lot, an animation like this would get out of the BS with flying colors. This really isn't so bad that it shouldn't have it's own thread, in my humble opinion. But whatever.

The beginner's section is for people ranked beginner. High beginners sometimes come out because at least their animations are good to watch and comment on, with low and med beginners you'll just be saying the same stuff over and over again. Some people say don't use ranks, but that's stupid because then how will you define the conditions for who should be in the beginner section?

zawmbee
05-23-2009, 05:13 AM
Flux, you're forgetting as years go the standard rises. In a year Bert will be intermediate.

Stormwalker
05-23-2009, 05:42 AM
Problem is he doesn't have to.

<3

@Rival: A wholey accurate assessment of the situation. I was merely pointing out that refusal to obey the unwritten rules has consequences which the unwritten rules would otherwise forbid. We are both correct. Now we are off topic.

Back on topic: I forgot to add - don't double post. Now that one is in the rules.

It isn't a unwritten rule , its not a rule at all, just because some beginners start yelling at others to go to the beginner section doesn't make it a unwritten rule, you cant punish him either because hes done nothing wrong , yes you can rip his animation to shreds tho.

MaxZ
05-23-2009, 05:44 AM
It's just reccomended to go there. But I really think we should lower the standard, people are staying in there for ages.

Zed
05-23-2009, 05:50 AM
@Stormwalker: It's not just beginners shouting at each other:

Erm, go to the Beginner's thread. Your animation is lacking lots of basic principles of good Pivot animation.

baginnahs sekshon. i'll cc if you post ther >:|

Lacked easing, and go to the beginners section.

I'm sure I could find one from Zawmbee if I looked further. More or less everyone tells beginners to go to the beginners section. Failure to do so irritates people.

Also, I would consider completely shitting on a beginners best attempt at an animation fairly punishing. When you've worked hard on an animation and you think it's of high enough quality to get posted it can feel really bad to see it destroyed.

Stormwalker
05-23-2009, 11:13 AM

I'm sure I could find one from Zawmbee if I looked further. More or less everyone tells beginners to go to the beginners section. Failure to do so irritates people.

Also, I would consider completely shitting on a beginners best attempt at an animation fairly punishing. When you've worked hard on an animation and you think it's of high enough quality to get posted it can feel really bad to see it destroyed.

First of all the only person you quoted, who was good was omega , second my point wasnt who says it , my point was that it doesnt make it a rule.

Also well its not about shitting on someones animation , its just about harsher criticism , and the thing is when you are intermediate there's less to criticize. And if you are not and dont want people to be to hard on you, you should post in the beginners section , that's a thing they gotta deal with, but its still they'r choice where to post.

zawmbee
05-23-2009, 12:08 PM

I'm sure I could find one from Zawmbee if I looked further.
No, faggot.

Liquid
05-23-2009, 12:16 PM
No, faggot.
Well then...
That seemed a bit uncalled for.
>_<

‹berschall
05-24-2009, 07:01 AM
The beginner's section is for people ranked beginner. High beginners sometimes come out because at least their animations are good to watch and comment on, with low and med beginners you'll just be saying the same stuff over and over again. Some people say don't use ranks, but that's stupid because then how will you define the conditions for who should be in the beginner section?

And that's exactely the point, a while ago you'd be out of the beginners section with med beginner at max. But whatever, forget about it. I was just curious.

Flux
05-24-2009, 11:59 AM
And that's exactely the point, a while ago you'd be out of the beginners section with med beginner at max. But whatever, forget about it. I was just curious.

No, you're right. I forgot how the standards have raised over the years.

Zed
05-24-2009, 01:48 PM
First of all the only person you quoted, who was good was omega , second my point wasnt who says it , my point was that it doesnt make it a rule.

How exactly would you define an unwritten rule? I would call it a social convention that the majority agree upon, and most people here appear to want beginners to post in the beginners section.

This argument could go on forever, however, and as such I am willing to go for the middle ground and only strongly recomend that beginners go to the beginner section from now on.

Stormwalker
05-26-2009, 07:40 AM
How exactly would you define an unwritten rule? I would call it a social convention that the majority agree upon, and most people here appear to want beginners to post in the beginners section.

This argument could go on forever, however, and as such I am willing to go for the middle ground and only strongly recomend that beginners go to the beginner section from now on.

Written or unwritten rules are for admins to determine , and as long as it isnt written, or made as a rule in any other way by the admins theyr not breaking it. Flaming isn't justified either, put it any way you want , its still not a rule and you cant break it.

poppetje3D
05-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Acoomamatata !

Rival
05-26-2009, 08:23 AM
akoenamatata for me :s

Zed
05-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Written or unwritten rules are for admins to determine , and as long as it isnt written, or made as a rule in any other way by the admins theyr not breaking it. Flaming isn't justified either, put it any way you want , its still not a rule and you cant break it.

No. The whole point of an unwritten rule is that it has no actual authority behind it. The admins cannot make an unwritten rule by definition - they have the authority to make the rules, therefore when the admins make a rule it is a written rule. Flaming is against the rules, yes, because the admins have decreed as such. Posting outside the beginner section is not specifically a rule (although it is recomended), but it can still be an unwritten rule if most people agree that it is such.

Stormwalker
05-26-2009, 09:45 AM
No. The whole point of an unwritten rule is that it has no actual authority behind it. The admins cannot make an unwritten rule by definition - they have the authority to make the rules, therefore when the admins make a rule it is a written rule. Flaming is against the rules, yes, because the admins have decreed as such. Posting outside the beginner section is not specifically a rule (although it is recomended), but it can still be an unwritten rule if most people agree that it is such.

Christ ! My point is there is no legal punishment for people who don't post in the beginner section , you can flame him but you will get in trouble because you are disobeying the rules, and he is not. Its like betraying friends , there is no rule against it and you can beat the person up for it , but you wouldn't be justified just because there is an unwritten rule. You cant enforce something that's not a official rule or a written one.

Zed
05-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Ah, sorry. This was the bit that confused me:

Written or unwritten rules are for admins to determine , and as long as it isnt written, or made as a rule in any other way by the admins theyr not breaking it.

Agreed, there is no official punishment. I don't advocate flaming either, I'm saying that if they post outside the beginners section they should be judged as harshly as inters or above. When they post in the beginners section they should get little to no criticism if the easing is slightly off wheras outside it they can be expected to make it perfect. This is 'punishment' in a way because to see an animation that you've worked hard on taken to pieces and to be told it's actually not very good can be very hurtful.

I believe we broadly agree now, I just wanted to make it clear what I was talking about.

Stormwalker
05-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Ah, sorry. This was the bit that confused me:

Agreed, there is no official punishment. I don't advocate flaming either, I'm saying that if they post outside the beginners section they should be judged as harshly as inters or above. When they post in the beginners section they should get little to no criticism if the easing is slightly off wheras outside it they can be expected to make it perfect. This is 'punishment' in a way because to see an animation that you've worked hard on taken to pieces and to be told it's actually not very good can be very hurtful.

I believe we broadly agree now, I just wanted to make it clear what I was talking about.

This is exactly what I was telling you.

Lemon
05-26-2009, 01:21 PM
I agree with this whole begginers section thing. Maybe we should just let people of about High Begginer post in these threads. In fact, I have not been seeing much point in posting animations on here for a while, very few people are getting the feedback they need.

Rival
05-26-2009, 01:25 PM
_-_ Then tell it to the admins and let them change the rules.

Zed
05-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Ideally the rule would be that your first animation must be posted in the beginner section and then when you've seen what sort of criticism you get in the nice comfy cusioned world of beginners you can decide whether or not you want to venture out into the perils that lie beyond.

Rival
05-26-2009, 01:41 PM
would be great, but the reason that rule does not exist, is that no beginner ever reads the rule the first time they try to post their anim. They simply think it's a fun thing to post and not serious posting. (qonqquake...)

XT Commando
05-31-2009, 05:30 AM
Yea you shooting 1 was alright but it didnt look right at all
the gun flash,even though it was moving it looked really dodgy as if it was part of the gun but hey im still a beginner i just know that CommanderXTs shooting test looked much better than yours...im not trying to be mean or any thing

and also it just didnt have enough kick/power in your video

Just improve these little things and i hope it looks better the next time you post a shooting vid :Smile: :Smile: :Smile:

Cronos
05-31-2009, 06:08 AM
FFS why dont we just make a beginner section debate thread?

Lets put it in simple terms.

It isn't a rule that beginners should post in the beginner section, but it is highly reccomended.

Generaly beginners will recieve better critisism in the beginner section, and will probly be liked more by by SPP members.

On the other hand, beginners that post outside the beginner section will probly be flamed/put down and given crap critisism by SPP members for wasting their time.

Unless the administrators make it a rule, beginners will not get banned for posting outside of the beginners thread.

Rival
05-31-2009, 06:57 AM
Indeed we should make a debate about that....