PDA

View Full Version : TKD Test.

undagada
05-22-2009, 08:50 PM
A fighting test: Tae Kwon Do style.

http://www.truploader.com/view/939119

edit: Also, sounds are from Zackie's Sound Pack, found here: http://www.fluidanims.com/FAelite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2354

_slanted_
05-22-2009, 09:48 PM
pretty good,it goes a little fast, but not exactly in a bad way, i believe after the first 2 kicks, is a missed punch? it took me a couple times to see that, maybe you could clarify that a little more.

undagada
05-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks, and you mean the spinning of the arms? That's kind of like a kung fu thing, and after that he steps forward with an extended arm to aim his next kick.

I spent about an hour or so trying to slow it down, lel. Next time I'll slow it down even more, it's just getting pretty late right now.

Plague
05-23-2009, 05:56 AM
It was stiff. And when you make him kick have his whole body thrust into it, it looked like his leg was the only thing that moved. Other than that good job.

undagada
05-23-2009, 08:32 AM
It was stiff. And when you make him kick have his whole body thrust into it, it looked like his leg was the only thing that moved. Other than that good job.

Thrust his body forwards or backwards? Thanks for the comment btw.

Plague
05-23-2009, 08:36 AM
No, when he kicks, he thrusts forward, when the kick is done, his leg goes down, but the body must also move. Is this making any sense? I'm having trouble putting it into words.

undagada
05-23-2009, 08:40 AM
No, when he kicks, he thrusts forward, when the kick is done, his leg goes down, but the body must also move. Is this making any sense? I'm having trouble putting it into words.

Hmm... So place his body further forward after the kick?

Plague
05-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Only if he is walking forward like in your animation.
If a person is moving back while your kicking them and you're going to kick them again, you will lean forward out of the kick, and you'll pop that bitch one more time in the face with your foot.

undagada
05-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Only if he is walking forward like in your animation.
If a person is moving back while your kicking them and you're going to kick them again, you will lean forward out of the kick, and you'll pop that bitch one more time in the face with your foot.

Ah, I get it. Working on a new animation now.

Arch-Angel
05-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Two things I want to say
1- Tae Kwon Do is pussy shit.

2- You did not use the fighting style that you said you did. You just did random stuff.

When doing attack movements, the body has to flow together. You cannot just punch someone and let your legs either sit still or be all over the place. Same thing when it comes to kicking. Which you obviously didn't know >_>

Other than a whole lot of movement flaws, you need to work more on easing, physics, and try to make them less wobbly and cut down on the resizing.

alcaknight
05-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Two things I want to say
1- Tae Kwon Do is pussy shit.

2- You did not use the fighting style that you said you did. You just did random stuff.

When doing attack movements, the body has to flow together. You cannot just punch someone and let your legs either sit still or be all over the place. Same thing when it comes to kicking. Which you obviously didn't know >_>

Other than a whole lot of movement flaws, you need to work more on easing, physics, and try to make them less wobbly and cut down on the resizing.

I think not. Taekwondo, is not... pussy shit. And yeah, that didn't look like Taekwondo.

Plague
05-23-2009, 09:58 AM
@Arch-Angel:
Why the hell do you use ">_>" so damn much?
You might as well put it in you're signature.

undagada
05-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm surprised no one commented about the ending, where I was too lazy to fix the brown dude's fall.

Another animation will be coming up sometime this weekend, hopefully I'll improve with the criticism you kids gave me.

Zed
05-23-2009, 01:49 PM
@ both Arch Angel and alcaknight: There are many variations of TKD. Some are shit coughworldtaekwondofederationcough, some are not. Some look like the animation, some don't. Try not to generalise.

Plague
05-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Another animation will be coming up sometime this weekend, hopefully I'll improve with the criticism you kids gave me.

I don't really appreciate being called a kid, I don't think anybody here does, regardless of whether they're actually a kid or not.

undagada
05-23-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't really appreciate being called a kid, I don't think anybody here does, regardless of whether they're actually a kid or not.

We are all kids at heart

Plague
05-23-2009, 06:47 PM
True,... true.

RawGreen
05-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Needs easing and fix the wobbliness.

undagada
05-25-2009, 10:15 AM
I just realized that this animation is at 24 fps.

loollololollloool