PDA

View Full Version : Epic fail at some sort of kick.

Kieran.
05-23-2009, 04:08 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/162583

Just trying out some moves. Didn't really work.

The force sucks.

Tips please?

alcaknight
05-23-2009, 04:16 PM
It was actually alright. I would have made the stickman do at least 2 steps before he jumps though. The guy flies back a little to fast, and the kick seemed a little forceless. He also stays in the air a little too long. (The kicker) Pretty good though.

Kieran.
05-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks. And how would I go about adding more force?

joaoba16
05-23-2009, 04:20 PM
lOl the guy that gets hit, looks so damn solid ^^

Kieran.
05-23-2009, 04:26 PM
What the **** are you talking about?

BluGil
05-23-2009, 09:13 PM
The guy walk/runs weird. If its a run he would lean more, and like put more into it. so its like a fast walk. Then the jump doesnt have much force. put more like forward momentum, like a lean and stuff. For the kick have like a windup and make the slow mo a little more dynamic. The windup will give you more room for a kick so itll have more force

Plague
05-23-2009, 09:18 PM
When the guy topples head over heels, it goes to fast.
Make him slide, and make his rotation with more frames.

Flood
05-23-2009, 10:40 PM
To add more force in the kick, as hes in the air, make his body tilt forward just a bit and move is leg back slowly, then snap the leg forward and make the body snap back as well.

N T
05-23-2009, 11:20 PM
it doesn't look like his leg even touched him. and the sound effect makes it sound like hes wood or something.

Kieran.
05-24-2009, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the tips guys.

@N T : You know what they say... my animations are a stiff as wood.

DNA
05-24-2009, 12:36 PM
It was generally good, but the force is lacking, like you said.

The force might seem off because the physics were way off, the kicking stick just stops in place instead of carrying on, and another thing which I think was mainly the reason of the force was the easing, there was no real easing or anticipation.

Sorry if I seem to be coming across as a hard critic, I'm just trying to help.

Hundo
05-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Who said it was epic fail? i thought it was good, although the best way to start is with the head, not the body.

Flood
05-24-2009, 06:42 PM
I disagree hundo, I start with the body then make the head with the circle tool, which I assume he is doing.

Kieran.
05-25-2009, 02:16 AM
It was generally good, but the force is lacking, like you said.

The force might seem off because the physics were way off, the kicking stick just stops in place instead of carrying on, and another thing which I think was mainly the reason of the force was the easing, there was no real easing or anticipation.

Sorry if I seem to be coming across as a hard critic, I'm just trying to help.

Thanks, I appreciate that help. ^_^

Who said it was epic fail? i thought it was good, although the best way to start is with the head, not the body.

I thought It was an epic fail.

I disagree hundo, I start with the body then make the head with the circle tool, which I assume he is doing.

Yep, thats what I do.