PDA

View Full Version : [Kit] Tweenism

Kitsune
05-27-2009, 03:18 PM
So I'm sick and fucking tired of doing frame by frame, and only after a few small movies too. I decided to practice tweenism. I think it would be a valuable thing to know. In this test I just try to see how basic animation feels with this method, and so far it feels great. Faster, less stressful, not repetative. The only problem is the fact that there are so many layers to manage at once.

http://www.truploader.com/view/869504

105 frames
15 symbols
>100 tweens
Includes all joints necessary exclusing wrist
20 fps

Next I'll be seeing how changing the images that I tween will work.

C&C would be nice.

alcaknight
05-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Wow, I have no critique for this one. Looks very nice. Except... The end of his third step went down really fast.

Kitsune
05-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah it did. I hadn't noticed until now. If I get back to it I should add like 3 frames duration for that tween. Thanks!

Bonk
05-28-2009, 04:05 AM
Tweening can give you really smooth animations, but the problem is that real life movements aren't even that smooth. So you can achieve fluid animations that look robotic (also it requires a lot of layer upkeep and imo looks ugly :/)

Lixu
05-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Bone tool saves you 900000 layers.

alcaknight
05-28-2009, 09:18 AM

Its over 9 hundred thousand!

Lixu
05-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Its over 9 hundred thousand!...My god, how old is that "joke"?

alcaknight
05-28-2009, 12:39 PM
...My god, how old is that "joke"?

I have no clue... Probably... since that episode came out.

Kensei
05-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah tweening never looked good, Idk its just a cheap and lazy thing to do really.

I never liked the way it looked, but thats just me I hate it no offense to you or anything kitsune.

Kitsune
05-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Tweening can give you really smooth animations, but the problem is that real life movements aren't even that smooth. So you can achieve fluid animations that look robotic (also it requires a lot of layer upkeep and imo looks ugly :/)
I guess I like it robotic like that then.
I realize that it requires a ****ton of layers, but I'm willing to deal with that.
Thanks, Bonck!

Is that just CS4? Because I'm not getting cs4. I have cs3.

Yeah tweening never looked good, Idk its just a cheap and lazy thing to do really.

I never liked the way it looked, but thats just me I hate it no offense to you or anything kitsune.
No offense taken. I believe that for fullbody, tweening with some frame by frame would be the best option. Frame by frame takes an eternity in fullbody and in tweens you can add more detail when you have more time. It is a little less better looking than fbf, I admit, but I wouldn't call tweening as a whole, "cheap and lazy." I can work just as long on an animation with tweens that has better detail and perhaps questionable animation than a likely shorter animation with less detail. I want to do movies with more duration (about 4 minutes), and the only real way for me to survive that is to cut the animating time (via tweens).

Sunder Forge
05-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Cool bro .

Lixu
05-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Oh, I assumed you had CS4, yes, Bone tool is just CS4.

Scarecrow
05-29-2009, 08:47 AM
If you want to get seriously in to tweening, you really should get CS4.

they completely re-did the tween system, it now automatically makes motion paths that you can warp with the selection tool

and bones is pretty nice

Lixu
05-30-2009, 01:31 AM
I tried bones though, and it's hard to figure out: All the layered limbs mess up all the time so only completely 1 solid colour things actually look good in this bone tool.

Tidus
05-30-2009, 04:21 AM
It looked shocky because of the tweens, but it's great for a tween!

Plague
05-30-2009, 07:21 AM
It was very smooth, I like this style. Except for he should walk faster, and his movements are out of sync. And his knee becomes disjointed.

It was overall pretty good.