PDA

View Full Version : Kicking {STW}

Stormwalker
05-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Haven't made anything in ages , and its getting harder to make anything decent. Might start animating.

http://uploaded.pivothost.org/stormwalker/kickingkq0p.gif

Rival
05-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Why isn't the back moving?

poppetje3D
05-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Cuzz there are no joints in that figures back.
Use one with it else everything looks very unrealistic.

Stormwalker
05-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Yeah I took a default stick , I was lazy. But really the backbone really isn't the only thing there , I cant understand people who come in a thread and comment only on one thing usually its a bad thing. I mean I'd understand if I had only a flying backbone moving around and you would talk only about it. but this is bizarre.

Cronos
05-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Hes very light on his feet. Well done with that, its also eased well and movements are believable. I do disagree with the backbone though, i think you should put multiple joints in there because the back does still bend abit.

Stormwalker
05-28-2009, 05:59 AM
Yeh I said , I was lazy I took a default stick.

zawmbee
05-28-2009, 06:02 AM
Holy ****ing shit, is that "man" with the single back joint?
Bravo, that was amazingly good, very nice work on such a difficult stick to keep fluid and smooth, nice.

FoShizzle
05-28-2009, 06:08 AM
zawmbie compliments..? Besides the fact that zawmbie just complimented your animation, I thought you did a VERY good job. It was fluid, very eased and whatnot. I don't get why people comment about the back, I didn't even notice it due to the face that you nailed that stick. (good thing) Nice job brah.

Stormwalker
05-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Holy ****ing shit, is that "man" with the single back joint?
Bravo, that was amazingly good, very nice work on such a difficult stick to keep fluid and smooth, nice.

Yeah its that "thing"

<3 you always have good comments to say.
We should do a joint btw.

Tidus
05-30-2009, 03:01 PM
One of the better pivot animators around here. Getting sick of all the noobs :/

Stormwalker
06-01-2009, 01:30 AM
One of the better pivot animators around here. Getting sick of all the noobs :/

Yeh , thanks. I know what you mean.

Vorpal
06-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Holy shit,an animation that doesn't suck? This sounds like a job for masamune.

The movements were pretty good through out. I have always liked your style you know that. The easing was sexy, and so were the kicks. Though you zombpiv and I know better than anyone else here that kicks are much easier to animate. The stick was fail, however the fact that you animated with it was exorbitant win. All in all I find it potently refreshing and opposite to pall. Good job, you humble lazy son of a bitch. <3

Edit: I also liked the physics, though I feel like you should have emphasized muscle strain. But then again **** realism.

Saha
06-01-2009, 08:42 PM
I think we all should make a joint :3

Vorpal
06-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah I will take the first hit to.
Anyways I think it is gay that we have to bump up the good animations just because all the beginners only post on beginner threads.
I also find it amusing that my thread is yet to receive constructive criticism and has only four replies, yet the beginners get like ten replies of stuff that is not complete garbage in that time frame. Not that I need the criticism or anything, it is just that I fail to comprehend the thought and brain process of the wild untamed (noob). Oh boy I feel like I am going on a ass slapping smack happy adventure. The best part is that we don't have to adventure far because they are ****ing every were. Just to realize the language they speak in is among the most irritating in the world. ****

Zed
06-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I can't speak for the other beginners, but the reason that I haven't critted your other one yet is that I think I'm too much of a beginner to be able to make a criticism of it that would be useful to you. When another beginner posts I can look at it and spot the basics like "needs easing here, here and here," or "choppy, learn to save it properly, add more frames, etc." but more experienced animators need more experienced criticisers.

Vorpal
06-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I can't speak for the other beginners, but the reason that I haven't critted your other one yet is that I think I'm too much of a beginner to be able to make a criticism of it that would be useful to you. When another beginner posts I can look at it and spot the basics like "needs easing here, here and here," or "choppy, learn to save it properly, add more frames, etc." but more experienced animators need more experienced criticisers.

True, although I would also enjoy some relevant comments that have something to do with the animation and not marble cakes, or some stupid shit like that. And beginner does not have to be at animating as well I can actually comprehend your speech. Being unexperienced does not mean your wrong it means your not good at animating. As to say how people criticize video games without having any video game creating skills. They can still be amazing at criticism, though yours may not be completely constructive the only way to get better at something is to do it.

Stormwalker
06-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Holy shit,an animation that doesn't suck? This sounds like a job for masamune.

The movements were pretty good through out. I have always liked your style you know that. The easing was sexy, and so were the kicks. Though you zombpiv and I know better than anyone else here that kicks are much easier to animate. The stick was fail, however the fact that you animated with it was exorbitant win. All in all I find it potently refreshing and opposite to pall. Good job, you humble lazy son of a bitch. <3

Edit: I also liked the physics, though I feel like you should have emphasized muscle strain. But then again **** realism.

Oh god , you are amazing (you, not god >.>) Anytime when I feel that im not as good as I used to be or doubting my intermediate-ness , you show up and cheer me up. Gawd your awesome <3

Vorpal
06-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Oh god , you are amazing (you, not god >.>) Anytime when I feel that im not as good as I used to be or doubting my intermediate-ness , you show up and cheer me up. Gawd your awesome <3

No problem man, your way more intermediate than me.