Liquid
05-31-2009, 12:33 AM
Doesn't deserve it's own thread.
Needs to be shrunken down.
Too slow.
Choppy.

General Douchington
05-31-2009, 12:34 AM
It's pretty decent. What it needs is some easing, it's really choppy.

Scarecrow
05-31-2009, 12:35 AM
Doesn't deserve it's own thread.
Needs to be shrunken down.
Too slow.
Choppy.

**** else am I supposed to post it?

also, smaller and sped up

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vwuxj7.jpg

i don't remember what settings i am supposed to use

Liquid
05-31-2009, 12:38 AM
**** else am I supposed to post it?
Here (http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35330) .

Edit:
Settings:
Frame Delay: 6
Shrink Frame: 2

Scarecrow
05-31-2009, 12:39 AM
buddy, do you have any clue who I am?

Liquid
05-31-2009, 12:41 AM
buddy, do you have any clue who I am?
Of course I do.
But, if it's a low quality animation.
And it belongs in the beginner's thread.
No offense.

Scarecrow
05-31-2009, 12:45 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2zje6hs.jpg

are you happy now

do you even know the definition of "choppy"

Liquid
05-31-2009, 12:48 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2zje6hs.jpg

are you happy now

do you even know the definition of "choppy"
Choppy: Abruptly shifting.

And it's good you changed the settings, still doesn't change what I said earlier.
Minus the shrinking part.

Cronos
05-31-2009, 12:49 AM
Its pretty realistic and smooth. Although it is a bit wobbly (he wobbles up and down too much). And for the no joint back that comes with the default its pretty un stiff.

But i do have to agree with Liquid that it would be better if you posted in the beginner section, just to reduce clutter. But hey, its not like anyones gonna commit suicide over it lol.

Scarecrow
05-31-2009, 12:54 AM
Choppy: Abruptly shifting.

And it's good you changed the settings, still doesn't change what I said earlier.
Minus the shrinking part.

are you going to tell me what part, exactly, is "abruptly shifting"? perhaps my eyes aren't what they used to be

Liquid
05-31-2009, 12:55 AM
are you going to tell me what part, exactly, is "abruptly shifting"? perhaps my eyes aren't what they used to be
The back and the head just look strange to me.
I'm not trying to start an argument with you.

Bonk
05-31-2009, 12:56 AM
It's smooth enough (except for the front leg, which is choppy as it reaches for the step), although maybe a bit slow. The only problem is the movements themselves and not how they move. The legs are too far forward; when someone runs, their legs are either far behind or reaching in front. In your animation, his posture and the lack of feet flying behind make it look like he is sort of bounding along instead of running properly. The legs loop well, but the hand-movements are not generic enough so are badly looped. There needs to be a backbone obviously, and a bit of a head bob would be nice.

Scarecrow
05-31-2009, 12:57 AM
The back and the head just look strange to me.
I'm not trying to start an argument with you.

they do, but it is pretty hard to avoid that with a default stick

have you ever tried animating with a default stick

man, I should go and download some sticks

In your animation, his posture and the lack of feet flying behind make it look like he is sort of bounding along instead of running properly.

that's how I run :<

....i have long legs?

Liquid
05-31-2009, 12:59 AM
they do, but it is pretty hard to avoid that with a default stick

have you ever tried animating with a default stick

man, I should go and download some sticks
Yeah, the only default stick I use (when bored) is named like "man" or something.

Scarecrow
05-31-2009, 01:01 AM
yeah I don't even have realistic_man any more

Bonk
05-31-2009, 01:02 AM
Then you run like a queer antelope!!

Scarecrow
05-31-2009, 01:03 AM
: <

Liquid
05-31-2009, 01:07 AM
Then you run like a queer antelope!!
wtf antelopes are queer?!

Cronos
05-31-2009, 01:13 AM
wow... how did antelopes come into this.

Also for the sake of randomness

I just realised... Do animals from different countries speak different animal languages? I mean thats what happened with people. Its a stupid question but its bugging me lol.

Ustartin
05-31-2009, 02:04 AM
That wasn't bad for using the default stick. It's certainly not choppy, it's actually pretty decent.

And Cronos, no they don't. They can communicated just the same wherever they're from, however a study into dogs' barks has shown that dogs have regional accents depending where they live.

Rival
05-31-2009, 02:33 AM
It doesn't look like a full loop to me.

Avian
05-31-2009, 02:47 AM
Slowmotion .

Devour
05-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Where the guy's weight is when he places his foot down, it looks like he'd be falling backwards.

Scarecrow
05-31-2009, 10:20 PM
oh yeah, it does a bit. he should probably be leaning forward more

Automaton
06-01-2009, 10:35 AM
There is no easing at all in the animation. It's very jerky - if you want to push me and make me tell you where I will; The head bobs up and down, the leg snaps out at the front and the knee jumps forward. It's also highly stiff. I realise people do actually run in that posture, but that isn't the way with animation. First, he puts his leg down in front of him, when in fact it should land below or a little behind him with that style of run. Second his back needs to move more forwards when he lands, to eliminate stiffness, and thirdly to get rid of stiffness even more his arm should unbend when it reaches behind him, but if you want to do it like that you should make them unbend and bend again slightly. All in all it wasn't very fluid.

I recommend you go to the beginners section for a while, or place all your animations in one big thread as not to clutter things up, and read a tutorial such as Baha's tut. Most of all, practice practice practice.

Covalence
06-01-2009, 01:40 PM
i like how people try to seriously crit this as if he's going to animate more

Automaton
06-01-2009, 02:31 PM
And me, they're so stupid for giving CC which is the only reason for actually posting a thread.

Covalence
06-01-2009, 04:51 PM
scarecrow posts threads to showcase his awesomeness, duh

Scarecrow
06-01-2009, 10:48 PM
scarecrow posts threads to showcase his awesomeness, duh

You have just won and invisible medal.

No, really.

:)

practice practice practice.

oh see there's your problem, haven't touched pivot in, what, how many months? and how many before that one time?

hrmmm...

I might shake off the rust when exams are over.

But I will not set foot in the beginner's section, I am not a beginner and I know how to take criticism without crying. I appreciate that you have actually given some of said criticism, rather then just saying "oh it's stiff" and "oh it's choppy" which doesn't tell anyone anything

come to think of it I might write up a guide on giving criticism later, people just don't seem to get it.

bh
06-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Hay WATS going on.How do u make stick Movies!?

Rival
06-03-2009, 02:38 PM
hey. look. thread. how to post animations. download pivot or flash first. newbie. don't post here for that. etc.

FoShizzle
06-04-2009, 03:07 AM
You too Rival, GTFO.
Scarecrow + Pivot = sex.